PDA

View Full Version : What if...

Rogue
01-11-2009, 08:35 PM
I know my assumption here is a little bit frightening, so I suggest those who are mentally frail just ignore the words below.

Once a human beings enters his or her 70s or 80s, their body functions start to decrease and finally collapse as a result. Then the inevitable destiny of every human is just the unavoidable death. The old people always meet with various decises like cancer after their age makes their bodies weak enough. Operation seems the only effient way to fully cure a patiente who suffers from cancer, but the cancer cells can not be removed from the sick organ if the the cancer has become terminal. If the situation has come to this stage then the only way to sustend the patiente's life is just to remove the organ which is affected by cancer, and transplant a new organ to replace it. The problem is not the operation itself, it's the immune systerm that treat the newly transplanted organ as a big virus and keep attacking it. Our immune systerm is deeply rooted in our body but the number of immune cells existing in our head is quite limited. Say transplanting a head should be easier than transplanting a heart or liver.

Provided it's pramatic to transplant one's head to another body, then the newly combined man consists of the head from one person and a no-head body from the other person. For sure this newly combined man has the conciousness of the man who gave him his head. But it doesn't request the head and the no-head body are at the same age, say the head may be younger than the body and so is the other way round. What if we transplant the head of one man who is 90 years old, to a no-head body which is 30 years old. Then how old would be the newly combined man? Is it 30 or 90, or even 60 that is their average?

I guess this man's age should follow his head's age though his head is pretty small compared to his whole body. Then Operation doesn't work. I mean it can not make us younger. This man's body (except head) is 30 years during the first several days right after the operation, but his body is gonna keep aging fastly to adjust to his head that is 90 years old. It may prolong his life a little bit but it can't solve the problem. If the head is younger than the body then the older body should also rejuvenate to fit the head. My summary is that it is the head that determins one's age, but we can't replace our mind with another's without losing our own conciousness.

Aging is just a mental process but not a natural process like the changing of seasons. We can not change the rules that dominate the natural phenomena but we can definitely change ourselves a little bit. Our brain is just like a clock which counts the years we have live through, it makes our cells keep aging as the time elapses. If one's conciousness is strong enough then he may stop this clock and stop aging.

CubanMustGo
01-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Someone's on a bender forum.

Dr. Gonzo
01-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Brilliant post. Thread of the year material. Really.

baseline bum
01-11-2009, 11:22 PM
28 is the answer.

Bigzax
01-12-2009, 12:26 AM
interesting...what about brain deterioration? :wakeup

MiamiHeat
01-12-2009, 12:54 AM
whoever it is that has all those funny forum names ...

do you have a Dr. Frankenstein username so you can post something like

"It doesn't work. Trust me."

Many PackYao
01-12-2009, 01:45 AM
That's some funny shit.Rogue posting a What if?Don't you have some Marvel comics to read?:lol

mrsmaalox
01-12-2009, 02:10 AM
Hmmm. What if not?

Suicidal Jack
01-12-2009, 02:12 AM
What if we are just amusing alien life forms watching our world in a box?

Blake
01-12-2009, 09:37 AM
if the old man's head gets transplanted on Clay Aiken, does that make him gay?

Frankie
01-12-2009, 09:44 AM
I R cornfused