urunobili
01-11-2009, 10:20 PM
we are being cooked big time... UNFUCKING REAL

Soul
01-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Its going on both sides.

Gutter92
01-11-2009, 10:27 PM
@ the Magic fan that posted "going on on both sides"...you have gotta be kidding me..the Spurs have gotten like 10 worse calls/no calls than the Magic this game..Howard just put Ginobili in a fucking headlock and ran with him from the rim to the 3 pt line..no call, LOL?

Spurs Brazil
01-11-2009, 10:38 PM
PATHETIC

Refs are awful

Gutter92
01-11-2009, 10:38 PM
nice, not a touch anywhere and lewis gets 3 fts..LOL

GSH
01-11-2009, 10:41 PM
I was just about to start this thread, but you beat me to it. This is the worst officiating in any game I've watched in the entire NBA this season - by a big margin. Whether the Spurs win or lose is immaterial. The calls are unfathomable.

Reck
01-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Why complaint? This shit ain't new. We should be used to these fucking refs fucking the Spuirs all the time.

GSH
01-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Why Whats Happening??? Tellll

Manu camped in front of Howard earlier and got PLOWED... nothing. He was outside the circle, both feet planted and squared up to Howard, and nobody else was in the area to obstruct the view. It can't get any more obvious. Ginobili saw the play coming, and just victimized Howard. But instead, it was Manu who was victimized.

I don't know if they don't want to make calls against the new superstar or what, but I don't think I've ever seen a charge that obvious that did not get called.

scanry
01-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Its going on both sides.

Shove it fool..

It's so fucking obvious that the game is being called in Orlando's favor.

DawgMilkX
these refs should be fined. this is why people get so turned off by the nba. one sided officiating is bogus call it even or don't be a ref

50 cent
Spurs got homered at home in a major way.

GD....this doesn't even feel like a loss, just a screw job.

cool hand
01-11-2009, 10:53 PM
happens to the spurs every fucking year..........I see that they are going to havd more fta then we are.......and we are at home.........if wall street can lie why can't the NBA...

SpursPreacher
01-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Stop bitching. And get those ugly sckanks off your sig.

You talk on sigs when you got your gay lover on your sig ?

Hemotivo
01-11-2009, 10:54 PM
yep, a worldwide one

urunobili
01-11-2009, 10:54 PM
these refs should be fined. this is why people get so turned off by the nba. one sided officiating is bogus call it even or don't be a ref

this game wasn't an L on our end... it was all the officiating

SmellyFeet
01-11-2009, 10:56 PM
You just ain't got what it takes:)

Boo hoo, it's the refsssss

Bye byeeee hiiii

Hemotivo
spurs lost the game in the final 2 minutes

K-State Spur
Its going on both sides.

Not really tonight. The Magic sat outside and chucked 22 three pointers. The Spurs continually drove the rim with Parker/Manu and pounded the ball into Duncan. And yet Orlando went +5 at the FT line...on the ROAD.

I don't think the officiating has cost the Spurs a single game this year (usually it is the Spurs who sit outside chucking threes), but they were pretty freaking awful tonight.

Most of the calls against the Spurs were defendable, it was just a case of allowing physical play on one end, then calling ticky-tack crap on the other.

K-State Spur
01-11-2009, 10:57 PM
You just ain't got what it takes:)

Boo hoo, it's the refsssss

Bye byeeee hiiii

From a fan of the team whose forums complain the MOST about officiating on any given night.

Hemotivo
01-11-2009, 10:59 PM
The refs sucked

KidCongo
01-11-2009, 11:00 PM
spurs lost the game in the final 2 minutes

I thought Bonner ruined any momentum the Spurs could have built with those 3 consecutive whistles at one point.

Possibly bad calls in there btw.

Edit*

The call on Shard was shocking. That was the first of them.

cool hand
01-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Magic 22fta Spurs 17fta
Magic 17PF Spurs 19PF

fucking bullshit for a home game.....look up every laker/cleve home game and see if that has ever happened to them.

If someone actually researched every cle and laker home game(this year) I would bet that has NEVER happened.

Quiet Strength
What the hell happened when manus head was stuck in howards armpit? That shit looked weird and nothing was called.

Mal
We`ve got robbed...

td4mvp21
01-11-2009, 11:03 PM
I'll never forget the two phantom calls that completely fucked the Spurs. The "moving screen" and "shooting foul" that gave Lewis three shots and the Magic the lead. Those were probably some of the worst calls ever called against the Spurs in a big game within recent memory. Flat out terrible calls...and to think we were the home team? I hate NBA officiating. What sucks is this happens to every team on a nightly basis. Every fucking team in the league gets fucked up the ass by the officials yet nothing ever changes.

Hemotivo
I thought Bonner ruined any momentum the Spurs could have built with those 3 consecutive whistles at one point.

Edit*

what about the 'moving screens'?

K-State Spur

Edit*

All in all, the Spurs gave up too many open perimeter shots to have much a beef. They couldn't buy a call at the end, but they had opportunities well before that to build a lead and win the game despite the officials.

That said, if that crew puts together a few more efforts like they did tonight, I'd start looking for connections between them and Donaghy.

it's me
01-11-2009, 11:04 PM
I just can say ........................3......................... ...

and yes the refs sucked 2nite

Yorae
I think the spurs didn't shoot enough threes to set the tone.

m33p0
What the hell happened when manus head was stuck in howards armpit? That shit looked weird and nothing was called.
rightfully so. manu simply went fishing for a foul and didn't get one.

Hemotivo
01-11-2009, 11:05 PM
All in all, the Spurs gave up too many open perimeter shots to have much a beef.

thanx to d.howard

Hemotivo
01-11-2009, 11:05 PM
The refs sucked

K-State Spur
01-11-2009, 11:06 PM
what about the 'moving screens'?

I thought any of the moving screens called against the Spurs were justifiable calls.

The problem was that they seemed to pick and choose when they wanted to call them. If Tim's hip check is going to be called, then Dwight Howard would have fouled out in about 6 minutes tonight.

Just a rough night for this crew. Well, at least you can't say that they were intimidated by the home crowd...

td4mvp21
01-11-2009, 11:07 PM
OOOOOOOOOOH, what a fucking crying bitch you are!!!

Listen bitch, we're pissed right now. Let us fucking vent.

dastrey
Absolutely terrible 4th quarter calls:

1. Duncan's 'illegal' pick.
2. Duncan's touch foul on Howard going for a rebound. Turnover.
3. Bonner 'foul' on Rashard 3.
4. Bowen 'foul' on Turkuglu.
5. Howard plowing over Manu as he waited for him.

The Magic were playing out of their minds and then they get these gifts.

braeden0613
I don't like to blame a game on the referees, but when you basically have to make every shot in the last few minutes to have a chance...you've got a problem. We got a few calls earlier in the game, but nothing in the 4th. That offensive phantom foul on tim and the foul on bonner were insanity. whoever says refs don't affect games didn't see the game tonight.

Hemotivo
I thought any of the moving screens called against the Spurs were justifiable calls.

The problem was that they seemed to pick and choose when they wanted to call them. If Tim's hip check is going to be called, then Dwight Howard would have fouled out in about 6 minutes tonight.

Just a rough night for this crew. Well, at least you can't say that they were intimidated by the home crowd...

was bonner out of bounds in the last call (the moving screen)?

ManuTP9
01-11-2009, 11:09 PM
the Refs fucked the game up for the Spurs in the 3rd it was call after call , some werent really right calls and there were late whistles.

Yorae
I can't help but feel very sad...

GSH
I haven't complained about a ref since the league finally cleaned up its act after the Donoghy debacle. Bad calls happen, and they go both ways. But this night was bad enough to justify some complaints.

The refs didn't put all those 3-pointers in the basket for the Magic. They shot well and you have to give them credit for that. But that has nothing to do with the unforgivably bad calls. I don't know who the crew chief was tonight, but he needs a little guidance from the league.

K-State Spur
thanx to d.howard

You kinda have to play Howard like we did Amare back in '05. Let him get his (and he's not going to score 40 on you like Amare did, he's nowhere near as versatile with his offensive game) - but you can't leave the shooters.

Orlando did a good job of rotating the ball and finding the open man, but the Spurs made it way too easy for them on at least half of those makes.

bigdog
01-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Piss poor officiating. I'm not one to complain about things like this, but that was absolutely horrible. Howard steamrolled Manu, then tried to rip his head off, then Bonner breathed near Lewis and they gave Lewis 3 free throws. Also Bowen's foul on Turkoglu, that was a horrible call. That's disgusting.

K-State Spur
01-11-2009, 11:11 PM
was bonner out of bounds in the last call (the moving screen)?

I thought he had a foot on the line. That call did not bother me half as much as the bailout foul for just putting a hand in Rashard Lewis' face.

Hemotivo
01-11-2009, 11:13 PM
the Refs fucked the game up for the Spurs in the 3rd it was call after call , some werent really right calls and there were late whistles.

like the one with kurt thomas and howard in an alley oop attempt (first half)

taruky
01-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Unless you guys were at the game, there is no way you could determine whether Bonner fouled Lewis or not. It was impossible from the camera angles to see whether Bonner got Rashard's right arm or not. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but you're picking the wrong call to b!tch about.

And while Spurs fans are whining about the call against Bowen, let me remind you that in basketball you are not allowed to put your palm on the dribbler's back and lock it there. If you play ball you would know that gives the defender a huge advantage against any move.

The Ginobilli flop was a good no call. Howard was making a spin move away from Manu, not lowering the shoulder into him. Had he kept going forward it would have been a charge but it was pretty obvious to anyone not a Spurs fan that Manu was flopping. His reputation preceded him on that one.

To all my old friends here, a big hello.

HarlemHeat37
01-11-2009, 11:20 PM
one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen..

the Howard charge, where Ginobili was parked in for a few seconds before Dwight even made a move..

the Duncan-Howard "push off" on the rebound..

the Bowen "foul" on Turkoglu LOL Turkoglu wasn't even moving or even thinking about moving at that point..Bowen didn't even tough him as well, other than having his hand on his back, which is allowed when the defender has his back to you and not making a move..

the Bonner "foul" on Lewis for 3, where he didn't even touch him..

these plays affected the game in a major way..I'm only mentioning these, because they were some of the worst calls I've ever seen..

50 cent
01-11-2009, 11:22 PM
What about when they put Hedo on the line when Bruce is just guarding him 35 ft from the basket.

Unfuckingbelieveable.

HOLY CRAP, HELLO TARUKY. I know you hate me, but it's good to see you around here. You're boy is playing much better now the he hasn't had the pressure of playing on a Championship caliber team.

K-State Spur
01-11-2009, 11:23 PM
And while Spurs fans are whining about the call against Bowen, let me remind you that in basketball you are not allowed to put your palm on the dribbler's back and lock it there.

Agree 100%. But if that had been called consistently tonight, Courtney Lee would have lasted for about 93 seconds before fouling out.

My beef isn't so much with any individual call. It was the selectivity of when they were called.

We're venting obviously, but there's not a fan base in the league (including yours) that would be happy with watching the team consistently drive to the rim and pound the ball inside to dominant post, meanwhile the opponent is chucking up twice as many 3s, only to see the opponent go +5 at the FT line.

Officials have bad games too, and this was about the equivalent of the effort that the Hawks gave in Orlando the other day.

tlongII
01-11-2009, 11:24 PM
The Spurs didn't get robbed, they got beat.

DPG21920
01-11-2009, 11:25 PM
all you have to do is bump the Lakers vs Hornets game in the basketball thread to see how much Faker fans cry about officials when there team loses.

DPG21920
01-11-2009, 11:25 PM

Blazers didn't get into the playoffs, they got let in by a Carmelo injury.

beachwood
01-11-2009, 11:26 PM
easily the worst officiated game of the season, but we had our chances to win. This was a pretty bad loss.

Hemotivo
01-11-2009, 11:28 PM
no more dwight until next season

mexicanjunior
01-11-2009, 11:29 PM
The officiating was atrocious tonight, definitely had a major factor in this game. Also, that was about the best 3pt shooting I have seen against the Spurs this year. The Magic deserve alot of credit for making so many difficult shots. All this said, I think this game again shows how much we need another big to be able to try and guard bigs (like Howard) straight up. All the double teams and poor rotations are what caused the threes to be available.

45 bank shot
01-11-2009, 11:31 PM
lol thaz the funniest shit I've heard. But have u fuking even looked at the game?

GSH
01-11-2009, 11:32 PM
The Ginobilli flop was a good no call. Howard was making a spin move away from Manu, not lowering the shoulder into him. Had he kept going forward it would have been a charge but it was pretty obvious to anyone not a Spurs fan that Manu was flopping. His reputation preceded him on that one.

Well I haven't complained about a ref in over a year, and it's been longer than that since I called anyone an ignorant cocksucker. I guess I have to re-set both clocks tonight, because you're an ignorant cocksucker.

That was the single worst call of the whole game. It was even harder to excuse because there were no other players in the way to obscure the refs vision. If anybody's reputation was responsible for that call, it was Howard's. That's not Howard's fault, it's the ref's. Even Howard knew he got by with one on that play. You may be the only person who watched the game to think otherwise.

Ignorant for sure... I'm just guessing about the cocksucker part. If you really had a lot of old friends here, I guess we could ask them.

Flux451
01-11-2009, 11:33 PM
Worst officiating this season. Haven't been this pissed about refs in a while. But Spurs defense is what lost it. We are no where near our potential, so wasn't too bad of a loss.

HarlemHeat37
01-11-2009, 11:33 PM
LOL Ginobili was set SECONDS before Howard even made a move, that's how ridiculous that call was..there's no possible way somebody could make an argument that it wasn't an offensive foul..

I can't get over this loss, because the refs took away a big win from us..it's ridiculous..

MarHill
01-11-2009, 11:35 PM
The officiating was atrocious tonight, definitely had a major factor in this game. Also, that was about the best 3pt shooting I have seen against the Spurs this year. The Magic deserve alot of credit for making so many difficult shots. All this said, I think this game again shows how much we need another big to be able to try and guard bigs (like Howard) straight up. All the double teams and poor rotations are what caused the threes to be available.

Actually Mexican Junior,

This is the team they are going with. There isn't another quality big they can get unless they trade one of the Big 3 and that ain't happening.

This game showed me a lot more in a loss tonight against a good team.

Spurs shot 50% from the field and Orlando shot 48.6% from the field.

Spurs outrebounded Orlando 38-33 and both teams had 6 offensive rebounds.

Spurs had 11 turnovers and Orlando had 13 turnovers.

The Spurs made 100% (17-17) in free throws and Orlando made 86% in their FTs.

The difference is the game was the three point shooting. Orlando made 14 of 22 three pointers and the Spurs made 3 of 13.

Orlando did a good job closing out on the Spurs 3 pt. shooters and the Spurs played terrible 3 pt. defense.

Also, KT played well and hit open jumpers on the pick-n-pop play. That's a good sign. Also, I believe that Mason and Bonner needed more opportunities for shots.

The Spurs will have to work on their 3 pt. defense and they will be ready for Wednesday night.

Rockhound
01-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Refs were just a little more bad than Pop's coaching tonight.

pawe
01-11-2009, 11:40 PM
fuck the refs for this game..that's all

ClingingMars
01-11-2009, 11:41 PM
LOL @ Orlando fans popping out of nowhere "defending" the bullshit officiating tonight.

-Mars

Yorae
01-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Wonder what Duncan was thinking there?

http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/9f89c6de-1c1c-46a3-b874-c2c9c37a4ffa.jpg

mexicanjunior
01-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Actually Mexican Junior,

This is the team they are going with. There isn't another quality big they can get unless they trade one of the Big 3 and that ain't happening.

If that is true, it is definitely a shame since quality bigs are what this team will face if they are still competing in May/June. I think a decent defensive big could be had without giving up one of the big 3. I'm not asking for guys like Amare, Chandler, Camby...I just think we could use someone that could give us good minutes in the paint like Theo Ratliff, Aaron Gray, Charlie Villanueva, etc...

Hemotivo
01-11-2009, 11:46 PM

too big

K-State Spur
01-11-2009, 11:48 PM

this kid seems pretty happy for a guy with absolutely no game outside of 2 feet from the rim...

Soul
01-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Whoever brought up individual FT shooting for a team is stupid. You guys intentionally fouled for like 6 FT's... which means you guys actually had the FT advantage unti the last two minutes.

Duncan pushed off on it, deal with it.. no matter how small a push it was it still ended up with Duncan getting the rebound. If he didn't, Dwight probably would have got it. Dwight's got called for that before.

The Turk/Bowen foul was bad I admit, and my stream buffered when Shard was fouled but even the smallest fouls on the 3 pointer get called so I wouldnt be surprised if it was just a tap.

Yorae
01-11-2009, 11:49 PM
And never reached the finals. And never won an mvp. And...

MarHill
01-11-2009, 11:49 PM
If that is true, it is definitely a shame since quality bigs are what this team will face if they are still competing in May/June. I think a decent defensive big could be had without giving up one of the big 3. I'm not asking for guys like Amare, Chandler, Camby...I just think we could use someone that could give us good minutes in the paint like Theo Ratliff, Aaron Gray, Charlie Villanueva, etc...

Mexican Junior,

If we can get one of the bigs....I'm all for it. But ST posters keep asking for something...that isn't there. I feel this is the team the Spurs are going with unless something falls into their lap.

But out of those three...I would only take Theo Ratliff because of his shot-blocking ability. Gray is too slow and Villanueva isn't defensive-minded enough.

Also, I saw KT played well tonight and him making those pick-n-pop jumpers were nice to see and he will help the team as the season goes along and into the playoffs.

K-State Spur
01-11-2009, 11:52 PM
But out of those three...I would only take Theo Ratliff because of his shot-blocking ability. Gray is too slow and Villanueva isn't defensive-minded enough.

Yeah, Gray would leave you longing for the footspeed of Kurt Thomas and Villanueva would have to improve his defense to even be as good as Bonner on that end of the court.

Hemotivo
01-11-2009, 11:52 PM
like the one with kurt thomas and howard in an alley oop attempt (first half)

this one

http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/01d9dc65-6151-42c2-acd1-ccfc6b583db1.jpg

Flux451
01-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Whoever brought up individual FT shooting for a team is stupid. You guys intentionally fouled for like 6 FT's... which means you guys actually had the FT advantage unti the last two minutes.

Duncan pushed off on it, deal with it.. no matter how small a push it was it still ended up with Duncan getting the rebound. If he didn't, Dwight probably would have got it. Dwight's got called for that before.

The Turk/Bowen foul was bad I admit, and my stream buffered when Shard was fouled but even the smallest fouls on the 3 pointer get called so I wouldnt be surprised if it was just a tap.

The duncan call was very ticky tack. The ref should let them bang. Horrible call. I am fine if calls like that for both ends. Shard (ha ha) yeah Rashard didn't get touched. Bonner hit the ball on the way up, horrible call. Manu's travel was a bad call too. I haven't seen this bad in a long ass time. I haven't Spurs crowd react like that in a while either.

raspsa
01-11-2009, 11:57 PM
Magic did to Spurs what Spurs usually do to their opponents. Magic shooters made Spurs pay for doubleteaming Howard or were slow in rotating defensively. As for the refs. yeah a number of calls appeared to be very questionnable.. for once I'd like to see what goes on in post-game sessions when refs critique their performances. I wish there was some score that the league would publish on each referee's performance throughout the season. If only for the sake of transparencey specially after the ref scandal last year. Fans would love it.

dirk4mvp
01-12-2009, 12:03 AM
4 rings.

Mavs choke.

lol, Kings.

Got that out of the way.

Stop crying you fucking assholes.

ploto
01-12-2009, 12:13 AM
Spurs Head Coach Gregg Popovich

When asked about some of the calls in the game - “We don’t talk about calls. There are a lot of things that you can control to win a game. They played better than we did and shot the ball better. It had nothing to do with the referee calls.”

ClingingMars
01-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Spurs Head Coach Gregg Popovich

When asked about some of the calls in the game - “We don’t talk about calls. There are a lot of things that you can control to win a game. They played better than we did and shot the ball better. It had nothing to do with the referee calls.”

would you expect anything different from ANY coach talking to the media, much less Pop?

-Mars

SmellyFeet
01-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Roses are red, violets are blue,

spurs lose again, and their fans are crying again,

I can't rhime for shit, so I'll just sing my song,

Nananana, hey hey hey, BYYYYE BYEEEEE

xtremesteven33
01-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Roses are red, violets are blue,

spurs lose again, and their fans are crying again,

I can't rhime for shit, so I'll just sing my song,

Nananana, hey hey hey, BYYYYE BYEEEEE

"You cant rhime for shit?"

You cant spell for shit.

koriwhat
01-12-2009, 12:25 AM
yeah tonights game was a fuckin downer and being there was even worse especially with my 2 friends who are nothing but spurs haters. fuck tonights game sucked.

HarlemHeat37
01-12-2009, 12:28 AM
LOL check out the Magic fans on RealGM..they're ridiculous..they linked this forum and have the nerve to say we're complaining about nothing..

their examples of bad calls going against them are some of the funniest I've ever read..the main one being that Pop and Duncan should have gotten technicals..very comparable to the actual no-calls they were getting DURING PLAY..LOL..

I guess I wouldn't expect more from an irrelevant franchise that has never won an NBA title, and hasn't had a relevant game since Shaq was there..

ClingingMars
01-12-2009, 12:29 AM
LOL check out the Magic fans on RealGM..they're ridiculous..they linked this forum and have the nerve to say we're complaining about nothing..

their examples of bad calls going against them are some of the funniest I've ever read..the main one being that Pop and Duncan should have gotten technicals..very comparable to the actual no-calls they were getting DURING PLAY..LOL..

I guess I wouldn't expect more from an irrelevant franchise that has never won an NBA title, and hasn't had a relevant game since Shaq was there..

just goes to show ya how popular this forum is :lol the irony is, it's a forum for one of the smaller market teams.

-Mars

TheMadHatter
01-12-2009, 12:30 AM
LMAO at Spur fan pulling out the ring card already.

Just man up and take the loss. Magic shot like crazy from 3pt land and that's why they won.

HarlemHeat37
01-12-2009, 12:31 AM
says the Laker fan after Derek Fisher clearly fouls Cook on the game-tying shot in the Heat game LOL..

how do you look at yourself in the mirror, knowing that you cheer for a rapist? you must be a pathetic person..

TheMadHatter
01-12-2009, 12:49 AM
This thread is not about the Los Angeles Lakers.

You look like a little bitch whining about the refs. The Magic won because they hit just about every 3 they took, it's hard to win games against teams that do that.

:lmao Kobe Bryant rape card? Goddamn Spur fan you need new material.

HarlemHeat37
01-12-2009, 12:57 AM
"material"? it's sad that you can't acknowledge the fact that you actually cheer for a rapist..

think about it..

a man that actually raped a woman..a man that made an innocent woman do things against her will..disgusting acts..and you cheer for this man..think about that, bro..it's pathetic..

EricB
01-12-2009, 12:59 AM
The refs definately didn't lose the game; but the Bowen and bonner fouls were pathetic

SmellyFeet
01-12-2009, 01:10 AM
"material"? it's sad that you can't acknowledge the fact that you actually cheer for a rapist..

think about it..

a man that actually raped a woman..a man that made an innocent woman do things against her will..disgusting acts..and you cheer for this man..think about that, bro..it's pathetic..

He was found not guilty:)

P.S you cheer for kurt the wife beater:)

I always knew he was violent....he has wife beater eyes....

TheMadHatter
01-12-2009, 01:15 AM
When you have to bring up the Kobe rape card, you've already lost the argument.

Yorae
01-12-2009, 01:16 AM
Same goes for bringing up the "Spurs are whiners" card.

SmellyFeet
01-12-2009, 01:17 AM
Same goes for bringing up the "Spurs are whiners" card.

But you are whining about the refs right now, aren't you?:lol

HarlemHeat37
01-12-2009, 01:23 AM
MadHatter still hasn't acknowledged the fact that he cheers for a rapist..come on bro, tell me why..why do you enjoy cheering for the raping of women? it's disgusting..

I just want to know..

clearly an argument isn't enough for you..clearly if you watched the game, you would have seen the bad calls..look for my posts in this thread, as I pointed out which calls were horrible..what more of an argument do you want?..

I pointed out the bad calls in detail..

clearly you're talking without any knowledge of the actual game that we're talking about..so I'm resorting to questioning your life decisions..why do you cheer for the rape of women? you're disgusting..

Yorae
01-12-2009, 01:23 AM
No I'm whining about your feet. I wouldn't even exchange Ian's ankles for it.

TheMadHatter
01-12-2009, 01:27 AM
This thread is not about the Los Angeles Lakers.

Biggems
01-12-2009, 01:53 AM
as bad as the refs were tonight, and they were horrible......the Spurs just couldnt finish around the rim. In the final moments of the game, Duncan missed a 5 ft hook shot and TP missed 2 layups.

When the other team is shooting really well and getting the benefit of the calls, you have to make your shots.....especially the close ones, and the Spurs didn't.

It was also weird seeing the Spurs shoot so little 3s. I got used to them jacking up like 30 a game. Did they even attempt 10 tonight?

oh and what was with that little prick Redick. he has been sucking since he got into the league, and now he wants to make shots, against us.....ASSHOLE.

Horry For 3!
01-12-2009, 02:01 AM
I was at the game, it was horrible. Refs fucked the Spurs bad

Brutalis
01-12-2009, 02:05 AM
Whine much?

Spurs just got beat by a good team, get over it folks. We ain't what we used to be.

HarlemHeat37
01-12-2009, 02:15 AM
another big? really? like Orlando has? oh wait..

Whisky Dog
01-12-2009, 02:26 AM
I personally thought the officiating was bad because there was no consistency at all. The Spurs still should have won the game if they rotated well enough defensively to at least challenge more shots, but the Magic did a nice job of running their offense and hitting the shots that were available. They won the game with very good offensive play.

timvp
01-12-2009, 02:40 AM
The refs had an off night. I think the NBA should have assigned a higher profile collection of refs to the game since it was going to obviously be a heated contest.

But thankfully the NBA season is 82 games and it'll even out over the course of the season. And really, the NBA must be doing something right this year because there's been very little ref complaining by Spurs fans this season :tu

bigdog
01-12-2009, 02:53 AM
I'm not complaining that the Spurs lost because of the refs. I'm simply pointing out some horrible calls. Orlando shot much better from downtown and some turnovers killed us towards the end. Orlando was more prepared than the Spurs were.

zepn
01-12-2009, 03:04 AM
The problem wasn't that the ref's sucked, it was the sheer inequality of their suckage. And the anomalous way it benefitted the road team...

xellos88330
01-12-2009, 03:33 AM
Refs didn't call both sides the same. Granted, the Spurs still had a shot and should have won it.

Well, look at the bright side... this helps the Spurs stay under the radar. :toast

leemajors
01-12-2009, 03:34 AM
i was there, and it was pretty bad. almost as bad as TP's d on nelson.

Spork KIller
01-12-2009, 04:33 AM
These pathetic mofos making excuses?

What's new??

Just die already!

FromWayDowntown
01-12-2009, 10:34 AM
I personally thought the officiating was bad because there was no consistency at all. The Spurs still should have won the game if they rotated well enough defensively to at least challenge more shots, but the Magic did a nice job of running their offense and hitting the shots that were available. They won the game with very good offensive play.

I think that's the problem that I have.

The officials didn't make the Magic shoot incredibly from the arc and it's actually a positive to me that the Spurs were able to keep the game close even with Orlando's three-point barrage last night.

But I'd agree that the officiating was, at best, inconsistent. And I think it's illustrated by two occurrences. In the early 3rd, during a timeout, Pop had a conversation with Scott Wall that seemed to involve whether a defender with a straight arm position against a dribbler should be called for a foul. I don't know, obviously, what Wall said to Pop -- whatever it was, Pop was so bowled over by what he heard that he put his hands on his knees and bent over for a few seconds. Given Pop's reaction -- and given what happened later -- I don't think Wall's answer was "I didn't see a straight arm there, Pop."

In fact, when Callahan made the call against Bowen at the end of the third, and after Pop confirmed with Callahan that the call had been for a straight arm, Pop immediately pointed to Wall, who was standing on the baseline near the Spurs' bench, and seemed to be discussing the inconsistency between what Callahan had just called and what Wall told Pop earlier. I feel pretty confident about that, because Pop gesticulated pretty wildly towards both Wall and Callahan while demonstrating a straight arm, as if to say "Hey Scott, I thought a straight arm to a dribbler's back isn't a foul."

There are obviously differences in the way that players are permitted to defend the ball in the post and on the perimeter, but the straight arm that Wall didn't call had a lot more to do with the offensive player's ability to get a shot than Bowen's did. Pop's animation in going directly to Wall was very interesting to me.

I Love Me Some Me
01-12-2009, 11:07 AM
The only thing worse than the officiating last night was the Spurs 3-point shooting. 3-13 shooting will lose you a lot of games.

Control what you can control, and quit bitching about what you can't control. Spurs should win games at home...they should defend well at home...they should shoot well at home. Those are the things they CAN do...cry about officiating all you want, but if you miss shots you only have yourself to blame.

picnroll
01-12-2009, 11:15 AM
would you expect anything different from ANY coach talking to the media, much less Pop?

-Mars

Are you kidding. For one Phil Jackson would be whining like a stuck pig.

my2sons
01-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Unless you guys were at the game, there is no way you could determine whether Bonner fouled Lewis or not. It was impossible from the camera angles to see whether Bonner got Rashard's right arm or not. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but you're picking the wrong call to b!tch about.

And while Spurs fans are whining about the call against Bowen, let me remind you that in basketball you are not allowed to put your palm on the dribbler's back and lock it there. If you play ball you would know that gives the defender a huge advantage against any move.

agreed, but if they made that call everytime it happened in a game the game would be 4hrs long and there would be more people sitting on the bench than playing on the court.

Brutalis
01-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Troll adds to the problem whilst thinking he is helping it. What's new.

1usamotorsports.com
01-12-2009, 12:04 PM
:flag::flag::flag:

Wether the magic did bomb 3 pointers spurs still had a great chance of winning . Refs calls were bullshit .

LEONARD
01-12-2009, 12:10 PM
whiners

Spurs fans don't blame the refs...

z0sa
01-12-2009, 12:10 PM
All the Magic defenders need to explain how you can allow moving screens from Dwight Howard on the PnR leading to 3-4 of those open looks, but the Spurs were called for multiple OFF THE BALL illegal screens. That was the difference in the game.

smeagol
01-12-2009, 12:53 PM

Taruky sighting!

smeagol
01-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Referees sucked but it was not the reason we lost.

Crying about the refs is lame . . .

jdev82
01-12-2009, 02:26 PM
conspiracy theory alert:
either these refs were in on something with betting, or the league hates the spurs and loves their soft little center dwight howard, who, in case anybody else didnt notice, dissapeared completely in the fourth quarter. instead of relying on vets and lutch players like the spurs, they relied on awful calls and cheating. fucking david stern will burn in hell.

go spurs.

beachwood
01-12-2009, 02:35 PM
After last night's game, the Lakers is a must win now.

Ditty
01-12-2009, 02:36 PM
i saw the game in the second half and there was some horrible calls

ginobili was camping out in the paint for about 3 seconds and howard just runs over him and theres no call

the spurs miss the shot and duncan dosent even push howard and duncan gets the offense rebound and the dunan gets called for pushing off

i didnt see matt bonners foot but if he did step out of bounds on that pick then reff must have some good eyes

when rashard lewis shot that 3 matt bonner didnt even touch him and bonner is called for the foul

i thought joey crawford was bad these guys last nite sucked

spurastic
01-12-2009, 03:09 PM
You guys whining about fans whining:lol I reserve the right to whine all I want.

The refs were pathetic regardless of the outcome of this game. If the Spurs had won, I would still have been pissed at the refs.

Spurs aren't the only team that the refs seem to have been influencing the outcome in various degrees. And it's been to teams of whom I am not a fan. Yeah, sometimes a team can win regardless of the refs and there's less complaining as a result. It's rampant.

I'm beginning wonder if it's just specific refs that are incompetent, or if the NBA front office is behind this to enhance the "entertainment" value. Could it be that the NBA is no longer as supportive to the sport of basketball as they are to the $$$$$? I'm sure Stern being a lawyer thinks nothing of manipulating whatever he can (such as schedules, refs being encouraged to cater to select teams/players. etc. (as long as it not outright illegal) in order to assure the most profit. It is the bottom line, isn't it. I'm totally disgusted with the NBA right now.

1usamotorsports.com
01-12-2009, 03:11 PM
You guys whining about fans whining:lol I reserve the right to whine all I want.

The refs were pathetic regardless of the outcome of this game. If the Spurs had won, I would still have been pissed at the refs.

Spurs aren't the only team that the refs seem to have been influencing the outcome in various degrees. And it's been to teams of whom I am not a fan. Yeah, sometimes a team can win regardless of the refs and there's less complaining as a result. It's rampant.

I'm beginning wonder if it's just specific refs that are incompetent, or if the NBA front office is behind this to enhance the "entertainment" value. Could it be that the NBA is no longer as supportive to the sport of basketball as they are to the $$$$$? I'm sure Stern being a lawyer thinks nothing of manipulating whatever he can (such as schedules, refs being encouraged to cater to select teams/players. etc. (as long as it not outright illegal) in order to assure the most profit. It is the bottom line, isn't it. I'm totally disgusted with the NBA right now.

x2:flag:

HarlemHeat37
01-12-2009, 03:20 PM
I'm pretty sure the people that aren't criticizing the refs are fake Spurs fans, or didn't see the game..there seems to be A LOT of fake Spurs fans on this forum..

you don't have to say we lost the game because of them, but at least acknowledge the fact that they were horrible last night..if you don't, then explain to me the Howard rebound call, the Howard no-charge call, the Bonner 3-point foul call, and the Bowen call on Choke-alu..

ClingingMars
01-12-2009, 03:50 PM
The problem wasn't that the ref's sucked, it was the sheer inequality of their suckage. And the anomalous way it benefitted the road team...

+1

-Mars

ClingingMars
01-12-2009, 03:51 PM
whiners

Spurs fans don't blame the refs...

:lmao at Boston fan, the beloved team

-Mars

DrHouse
01-12-2009, 03:56 PM
You were playing AT home.

That should be a big enough advantage already. You should be able to win in spite of shitty refs, which happen to every team.

The refs didn't make all of ORL's 3's go down. They didn't leave ORL's shooters wide open either.

NFGIII
01-12-2009, 04:15 PM
As several have stated the officiating was inconsistent and that is a problem with me. I understand that bad calls are going to be made but as long as the calls are consistent I really don't have a gripe. It's when the players don't really have a feel for what is going to be called vs. what isn't. FWD illustration of the straight arm is one point and TD's hip check another. Call it the same way on both ends and the players will understand and play accordingly.

Anyway we lost due to our perimeter D - 14 of 22 for the Magic in 3pt shooting with most of them uncontested. Unacceptable perimeter D.

Question: since we are complaining about the refs I would like to know how you all feel about this. Would it be better to go back to 2 refs instead of 3?

Some in the business think that the 2 ref situation leads to better officiating while 3 refs cause more problems. In the 2 ref situation each ref has half the court to view. They don't concern themselves with what is happening on the other half and concentrate only on their half. But in the 3 ref situation there are overlapping "zones" which leads some to not call fouls in these zones since they thought the other ref would do so. In other words they have a tendency to hesistate in blowing the whistle in fear of conflicting with one of their crew.

Does anyone know if there is quantifiable information to justify 3 refs vs. 2? Or anything to that effect?

Just my opiinion - food for thought.

shelshor
01-12-2009, 04:23 PM
The refs had an off night. I think the NBA should have assigned a higher profile collection of refs to the game since it was going to obviously be a heated contest.

But thankfully the NBA season is 82 games and it'll even out over the course of the season. And really, the NBA must be doing something right this year because there's been very little ref complaining by Spurs fans this season :tu

Problem is Callahan & Lewis called much the same game in Boston on the 7th in favor of the Rockets

braeden0613
01-12-2009, 04:32 PM
I feel like the refs would have to pull bats out of their trousers and start beating Manu before some people on this forum would acknowledge that they influenced the game last night. They weren't the reason the Spurs lost, but it didn't help. Throughout the season all teams get terribly refereed games, it happens. Even to the Lakers I'm afraid (although maybe not as much as others)

Phenomanul
01-12-2009, 04:41 PM
No one even mentioned the bogus traveling call on Manu in the 2nd half.

FromWayDowntown
01-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Problem is Callahan & Lewis called much the same game in Boston on the 7th in favor of the Rockets

Something's happened to Callahan. He was among the most accurate and consistent officials in the game just a few years ago. I was honestly shocked when he wasn't among the 12 officials who called the Finals in 2008. But maybe there's been some slippage in his performance. That would certainly seem to jive with the fact that last night's game is not the first of his this season to be viewed with some controversy. Callahan's thrown in a few pretty bad performances this season, including the completely botched the 6-men on the court fiasco in Portland. I used to swear by Callahan as a guy that wouldn't be swayed by crowds, players, or coaches and who made the absolute right call most of the time. But I'm not sure that's true any more.

Eric Lewis is a terrible official at this level because he guesses too much instead of calling what he sees and seems very uncertain about many of his calls. He seems to have to explain himself and more than once, I've seen him come out after halftime, approach a player and seem to apologize for blowing a call -- in fact, I think he did that with George Hill last night. I've thought for years that Gary Zielinski is the worst official in the NBA, but I think Eric Lewis is quickly entering the running for that crown.

FromWayDowntown
01-12-2009, 04:44 PM
As a related officiating note, I think there's some kind of bad blood between Scott Wall and Tim Duncan.

For a guy who's viewed publicly as so unassuming, Duncan sure does seem to engender his share of animosity from officials.

I Love Me Some Me
01-12-2009, 04:45 PM
No one even mentioned the bogus traveling call on Manu in the 2nd half.

That was legit, but the problem is if they call it that time, they need to call it the other 500 times a game everyone else does it.

Consistency would make it all better.