PDA

View Full Version : AFC Championship: Ravens@Steelers

bostonguy
01-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Steelers managed to beat the Ravens in ot in pitts, and won the next game on a game winning touchdown by Holmes. It is pretty tough to beat a team 3 times in 1 season but it isnt impossible. That being said, Ben will face a D that will get to him early and often. Same can be said for Flacco. That call along with the wave of momentum they have been on since that game, I know the Ravens will be ready for this game. I know Pitts will be too. It is going to be a low scoring defensive slugfest.

monosylab1k
01-11-2009, 10:24 PM
I would give anything to see Ben Assfuckburger get owned by Joe Flacco.

bostonguy
01-11-2009, 10:25 PM
I would give anything to see Ben Assfuckburger get owned by Joe Flacco.

It could very well happen. Keep in mind the last loss the Ravens had was to these steelers in week 15.

Warlord23
01-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Ravens will be limping into this one after their slugfest with the Titans - a few of them had to leave the last game with injuries. Steelers looked sharp today and nobody got hurt.

It's gonna be a tough, physical match-up but I think we are in good shape to pull off a 3rd victory against Baltimore

florige
01-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Ravens will be limping into this one after their slugfest with the Titans - a few of them had to leave the last game with injuries. Steelers looked sharp today and nobody got hurt.

It's gonna be a tough, physical match-up but I think we are in good shape to pull off a 3rd victory against Baltimore

Trust me T-Sizzle will be ready next week. Also we won't give Big Ben all day to throw like San Diego did today. The Chargers played scared the entire game. Even though out of the 3 teams advancing, I will admit that we were the one team that probably should have lost. It has to be of some concern that Parker is playing well. I think this time around that Cameron has to let Flacco make plays like he did in the first game in Pittsburgh. At home we played way too conservative.

Warlord23
01-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Trust me T-Sizzle will be ready next week. Also we won't give Big Ben all day to throw like San Diego did today. The Chargers played scared the entire game. Even though out of the 3 teams advancing, I will admit that we were the one team that probably should have lost. It has to be of some concern that Parker is playing well. I think this time around that Cameron has to let Flacco make plays like he did in the first game in Pittsburgh. At home we played way too conservative.

'Sup florige? Apart from Suggs, didn't McClain, Rolle and Leonhard get banged-up too?

Anyway, good to see the ACF North at the top of the conference after the media spent the whole season talking about the Pats/Colts/Jets/Bolts. :toast

It's on like Donkey Kong!

florige
01-11-2009, 10:55 PM
'Sup florige? Apart from Suggs, didn't McClain, Rolle and Leonhard get banged-up too?

Anyway, good to see the ACF North at the top of the conference after the media spent the whole season talking about the Pats/Colts/Jets/Bolts. :toast

It's on like Donkey Kong!

Yeah dude it shouldn't be any other way! lol That this shows how strong our conference really is. The Browns destroyed my Giants (my nfc team) when we were at full strength, AND the Bengals played the Eagles to a tie. They sucked because they had to play us and you guys twice in the same season. lol You guys looked hella good today though. You guys had Rivers scared though. That is uncommon because he normally tough.
Yeah, McClain had an ankle injury, I'm not sure of the status of Rolle and Sizzle though. But yeah, we were pretty banged up, and you guys came out of this matchup against the pussy Chargers unscathed...:lol

Ali-Frazier Round 3....:toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Hopefully Baltimore wins so motorcycle Ben can go home crying.

florige
01-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Hopefully Baltimore wins so motorcycle Ben can go home crying.

Flacco and our offense are going to have to make plays in order for us to stand a chance. Our defense is tired and banged up.

mytespurs
01-11-2009, 11:47 PM
I'm glad this is the afc championship matchup-the entree of nfl sunday!
I think it's going to be close...another 13-10 slugfest type game. It could go either way but I'm leaning towards the Steelers over the rookie coach and rookie QB. :D

J.T.
01-12-2009, 01:41 AM
On the contrary I think this game has lots of points scored in it.

Ravens 38
Steelers 31

bostonguy
01-12-2009, 04:55 AM
Flacco and our offense are going to have to make plays in order for us to stand a chance. Our defense is tired and banged up.

If your D cant stay playing at a high level, you might as well not even talk about Tampa. The O needs to keep playing mistake free football but you need your D to keep doing what it's been doing for you guys to stand a chance. Ball control offense will help the Ravens out but if their D cant play like they have been playing all year......season over for Baltimore.

stretch
01-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Ravens - 20
Steelers - 17

DBryant88
01-12-2009, 10:43 AM
it hard to beat a team 3 times just ask the cowboys

mytespurs
01-12-2009, 10:55 AM

hard....but not impossible. There may be recent examples that I can't recall right now but if my memory serves me right, didn't the Dolphins beat the Jets 3x in '82....blanked them out in the AFC championship in the strike shortened season to get to the SB (where they lost to Rigo and the hogs-:toast)

beefanus
01-12-2009, 01:53 PM
the but the cowboys had homo the choker. and they hadthe game they domonated the first half then just gave the game back barber had 100 yards by the end of the 2en qt and they were up by 7 all they had to do was run but no they lost the game. anywayz the steelers r a much better team than the cowboys beter defence and from what i saw yesterday the offence is better too if ben playes like he did sunday then they will win no doubt he played the best i have ever seen him play his shoulder is better that was very evident he hard the zip on his balls again and thrrew it deep even over throwing his balls cause he isnt used to his arm being full strength. every one is healthy including parker witch is a huge pick up, and this is the first time this year that all the mayjor players r healthy and playing so i say its a no brainer the beat up raven who havent had a week off sense like week 2 when they had their bye will get domonated by a healthy rested steelers and all that bull about beating a team 3 times is hard their divison rivles every game is hard because u kno eachother soo well hel the raven built their team to resemble the steelers thats why their mirror images every game is hard even if your playing cinni or the brown but thats what great teams. steelers win 21-10

Slinkyman
01-12-2009, 08:47 PM
the but the cowboys had homo the choker. and they hadthe game they domonated the first half then just gave the game back barber had 100 yards by the end of the 2en qt and they were up by 7 all they had to do was run but no they lost the game. anywayz the steelers r a much better team than the cowboys beter defence and from what i saw yesterday the offence is better too if ben playes like he did sunday then they will win no doubt he played the best i have ever seen him play his shoulder is better that was very evident he hard the zip on his balls again and thrrew it deep even over throwing his balls cause he isnt used to his arm being full strength. every one is healthy including parker witch is a huge pick up, and this is the first time this year that all the mayjor players r healthy and playing so i say its a no brainer the beat up raven who havent had a week off sense like week 2 when they had their bye will get domonated by a healthy rested steelers and all that bull about beating a team 3 times is hard their divison rivles every game is hard because u kno eachother soo well hel the raven built their team to resemble the steelers thats why their mirror images every game is hard even if your playing cinni or the brown but thats what great teams. steelers win 21-10

I have a serious question, are you and ducks related? Just wondering.

NBA Dynasty
01-12-2009, 09:04 PM
I want Suggs to put a bounty on Ward again. This time to the head.

jack sommerset
01-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Cowboys lost to the final 4 teams. I guess you can argue the Cowboys had a tough schedule

samikeyp
01-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Baltimore 6-3
:)

The funny thing is, I could see that score happening.

florige
01-12-2009, 11:18 PM
I want Suggs to put a bounty on Ward again. This time to the head.

Suggs might not even play....:depressed

mytespurs
01-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Suggs might not even play....:depressed

And Rolle's status is uncertain too.

Still, I wouldn't fret or count out the Ravens....this is going to be a slugfest....can't wait to see it! :toast

florige
01-13-2009, 03:35 PM
And Rolle's status is uncertain too.

Still, I wouldn't fret or count out the Ravens....this is going to be a slugfest....can't wait to see it! :toast

I think you are right. I think in my gut that we are gonna come out in attack mode and catch the Steelers off guard. I think Cameron is gonna take the cuffs of Flacco and put the game into his hands.

J.T.
01-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Well I changed my mind about the outcome of the game. I think both teams are gonna score in the high 30s, but it's going to be tied and go into OT. Steelers will get the ball first, the Ravens will stop them on 3rd down two times but get called for defensive holding for the first time in the motherfucking game. Then on the next third down stop, they'll flag the Ravens for a 15 yard facemask. And then the Steelers will score on the next play.

Tell me if you've ever seen an NFL game end like that!

florige
01-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Well I changed my mind about the outcome of the game. I think both teams are gonna score in the high 30s, but it's going to be tied and go into OT. Steelers will get the ball first, the Ravens will stop them on 3rd down two times but get called for defensive holding for the first time in the motherfucking game. Then on the next third down stop, they'll flag the Ravens for a 15 yard facemask. And then the Steelers will score on the next play.

Tell me if you've ever seen an NFL game end like that!

Yeah for whatever reason I think that this is going to be a high scoring game.

Thunder Dan
01-13-2009, 04:52 PM
I hate both teams with a passion, the best thing I can hope for is one of the teams wins, and Flacco or Roethlisberger get hurt and can't play in the Super Bowl.....that way a lose-lose for a Browns fan turns into a win-win. I win because the Steelers would lose the Super Bowl, and win because I can watch my favorite college player start the Super Bowl.

obviously I gave this alot of thought

florige
01-13-2009, 05:01 PM
I hate both teams with a passion, the best thing I can hope for is one of the teams wins, and Flacco or Roethlisberger get hurt and can't play in the Super Bowl.....that way a lose-lose for a Browns fan turns into a win-win. I win because the Steelers would lose the Super Bowl, and win because I can watch my favorite college player start the Super Bowl.

obviously I gave this alot of thought

Who Troy Smith?:lol

Thunder Dan
01-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Who Troy Smith?:lol

hell yeah. He beat Michigan 4 times and won a Heisman. I'd like to see him play in the Super Bowl even if it is for the stolen franchise Rat Birds

florige
01-13-2009, 05:20 PM
hell yeah. He beat Michigan 4 times and won a Heisman. I'd like to see him play in the Super Bowl even if it is for the stolen franchise Rat Birds

Hey man, at least you guys got to keep your colors and name! And the only person that you can technically say we stole was Stover. Everyone else is gone...:lol

Thunder Dan
01-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Hey man, at least you guys got to keep your colors and name! And the only person that you can technically say we stole was Stover. Everyone else is gone...:lol

except the whole franchise. Baltimore should be the city going through 10 years of rebuilding and not on the verge of going to another Super Bowl. All the groundwork for the Raven's franchise was laid during the shitty times in Cleveland and the fruits of that were handed to Baltimore. That would be like taking this shit Browns team when they finally turn the corner and become good take them to LA. Let's not forget, the Browns were picked by SI in 95 to win the Super Bowl.....then the whole move thing happened and they imploded.

Thunder Dan
01-13-2009, 05:35 PM
on second thought.....fuck the Ravens. I hate them. I hate Art Modell and even though he doesn't own them anymore, they still reek of his slime. I love ya Florige, but I hate the Ravens. Go Steelers!

florige
01-13-2009, 06:11 PM
except the whole franchise. Baltimore should be the city going through 10 years of rebuilding and not on the verge of going to another Super Bowl. All the groundwork for the Raven's franchise was laid during the shitty times in Cleveland and the fruits of that were handed to Baltimore. That would be like taking this shit Browns team when they finally turn the corner and become good take them to LA. Let's not forget, the Browns were picked by SI in 95 to win the Super Bowl.....then the whole move thing happened and they imploded.

on second thought.....fuck the Ravens. I hate them. I hate Art Modell and even though he doesn't own them anymore, they still reek of his slime. I love ya Florige, but I hate the Ravens. Go Steelers!

At least you guys got a team within 2 seasons. We had to wait damn near 20 years to get another team. It does suck that it had to happen that way. If that asshole Taligabue had just given us a franchise like we deserved this probably would had never happened. I remember when he shafted us when Jacksonville got their team and we got stuck with nothing again, he made that smartass remark "Oh maybe Baltimore should use that money to invest in some musuems" It's like really dude FUCK YOU! I wasn't old enough to really hate Irsay like everyone here does, but I really hated that asshole Taligibue. It was sooooo sweet in 2000 when that asshole had to hand us the lombardi. I wish I had been a player on that team because I would have sure enough embarrassed his ass in front of a nationwide audience, "yeah, this is going in the musuem we built first you asshole" and I would had snatched that trophy out of his hands. But like I said earlier, it sucks that it had to happen to Cleveland. Of all the storied franchises we had to take a team from Cleveland...:rolleyes

IronMexican
01-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Watching Ngata beast gets me even more pissed for drafting Huff in 2006.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-18-2009, 07:21 PM
Great challenge by Harbaugh.

CubanMustGo
01-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Ravens gotta figure out a way to get a receiver open.

ducks
01-18-2009, 07:38 PM
trade for larry

resistanze
01-18-2009, 08:25 PM
LMAO @ Sweed.

resistanze
01-18-2009, 08:31 PM
1) Horrible roughing the kicker call

2) JESUS, what a hit on Ivy by Sweed.

Cry Havoc
01-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Hell of a game so far. Just a hell of a game. Two teams knocking the crap out of each other, fighting for who wants it more.

monosylab1k
01-18-2009, 10:02 PM
How the fuck was that cheap shot on McGahee not a 15 yard penalty? The guy led with his helmet and went right for his head.

The Steelers are always pulling this dirty faggot bullshit tho, I'm not surprised. It's just a shame McGahee is the one hurt, and the fucking prick who did it isn't paralyzed.

resistanze
01-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Should've been a penalty. Terrible play though, hope he's OK.

dirk4mvp
01-18-2009, 10:22 PM
That was the worst roughing the kicker call I've ever seen.

Sweed had to do something after he dropped a easy td catch.

Warlord23
01-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Physical game, as expected.

The Steeler D was nails again when it mattered ... what can you say when all 14 points put up by the Ravens were off PI penalties, with the first one being questionable.

Props to the Ravens for putting up a strong fight, stuffed our running game ... good learning experience for Flacco against the undisputed # 1 defense. For those who were dogging Harrison's or Polamalu's credentials, this is how they get it done.

On to Tampa!

mytespurs
01-19-2009, 12:40 AM

The Steeler D was nails again when it mattered ... what can you say when all 14 points put up by the Ravens were off PI penalties, with the first one being questionable.

Props to the Ravens for putting up a strong fight, stuffed our running game ... good learning experience for Flacco against the undisputed # 1 defense. For those who were dogging Harrison's or Polamalu's credentials, this is how they get it done.

On to Tampa!

Wasn't it though! I kept wondering what was up with the Steeler offense...answer: The Baltimore "D"! :D

beefanus
01-19-2009, 04:52 AM
How the fuck was that cheap shot on McGahee not a 15 yard penalty? The guy led with his helmet and went right for his head.

The Steelers are always pulling this dirty faggot bullshit tho, I'm not surprised. It's just a shame McGahee is the one hurt, and the fucking prick who did it isn't paralyzed.
dude grow a brain he didnt lead with his helmat just cause their helmats touch at one point doesnt mean shit man it was a clean hit yea its a shame ok but thats part of the game it happens and dont give me that bull about them allways cheating thats the ravens every chance they get they throw the ball deep and hope for a PI because thats the only way they can move the chains. if you learned somthing about football you would see that the ravens r a very dirty team more than the steelers by a long shot and thats what they rely apon to win games, talent bs look who won the game because flacco cant figure who the fuck he is supposed to pass to and throws what 3 pic and ben threw how many ben is much better than flacco and has 2 SB rings so stop hating on ben and stop being a fucking retarded. if you want to talk about cheating you should go tell the patriots to stop tapeing their opponents!!!

florige
01-19-2009, 08:15 AM

On to Tampa!

Good win by the Steelers! Props to them:toast
You guys have a hell of a QB over there. I'm too hungover to write anything else.

stretch
01-19-2009, 09:06 AM
dude grow a brain he didnt lead with his helmat just cause their helmats touch at one point doesnt mean shit man it was a clean hit yea its a shame ok but thats part of the game it happens and dont give me that bull about them allways cheating thats the ravens every chance they get they throw the ball deep and hope for a PI because thats the only way they can move the chains. if you learned somthing about football you would see that the ravens r a very dirty team more than the steelers by a long shot and thats what they rely apon to win games, talent bs look who won the game because flacco cant figure who the fuck he is supposed to pass to and throws what 3 pic and ben threw how many ben is much better than flacco and has 2 SB rings so stop hating on ben and stop being a fucking retarded. if you want to talk about cheating you should go tell the patriots to stop tapeing their opponents!!!

That absolutely was NOT a clean hit by any means. From some angles, it appeared to be his shoulder, but they showed a different angle later, that showed he CLEARLY went head first, and hit helmet-to-helmet. He deserves to be fined for that, no question. And that is the second cheap shot he did this year, as the hit on Welker was completely unneccesary, considering Welker didn't even touch the ball.

The rest of your post was such craziness that I can't even reply to it, as it was nothing but globs of nonsense.

stretch
01-19-2009, 09:07 AM
That was the worst roughing the kicker call I've ever seen.

LMAO that was such an AWFUL call.