PDA

View Full Version : Big game tonight, UT vs ou

Ballcox
02-28-2005, 02:15 PM
Well, this could be it for the Horns. I think a win tonight would punch their ticket to the dance, no questions asked. If they lose tonight, they could be in trouble. I'm not too optimistic about their season ending game at OSU, Stillwater is a very tough place to play, and w's don't come easy there. The Horns need to take care of business this evening, judging by their very sloppy performance against Missoursi last Saturday, I don't feel very optimistic about a win, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. On a positive note, Calvin Miles, a 6'6 swingman from Dallas, was named as a McDonald's All-American. He'll be joing Abrams (PG) on campus next year, should give the Horns a very solid nucleus of players with Tucker (hopefully) and Aldridge returning. I think next year's team has the makings of a possible final four type team. Just getting to the dance this year would be an accomplishment.

respect the 'fro :fro

jalbre6
02-28-2005, 04:48 PM
UT's won four outta five, but two straight losses to the Oklahoma schools could be a big problem. I agree that a W tonight puts them in, but that's a tall order...especially knowing that Okie State becomes a must win if they drop this one.

Still, if they are given an eight or a nine, none of those top seeded teams are going to want any part of them, as depleted as they are. It just sucks that three months ago we were thinking Elite Eight or Final Four, and now we're talking bubble team.

Ballcox
02-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Yeah, the loss of Tucker to academics and then Aldridge to the hip problem really sucked. Before losing those guys I thought this team had the potential to maybe sneak into the Final Four, at least get to the sweet 16. Now we're just struggling to make the damn tournament. On the plus side, losing those two guys has allowed some valuable playing experience for guys like Mike Williams, Dowell and Gibson. Gibson is a guy who has really come into his own, he could be a BIG time PG next season with all the talent we'll have. Another part to this is I absolutely hate ou and can't stand losing to them in any sport (don't talk about football, please), so at lest winning one of two from this year would be nice. Hook'em!

Ballcox
03-01-2005, 12:02 PM
Well that was a more pathetic game than I ever could have hoped for! Bad execution, sloppy play, horrible defense, needless turnovers=us getting our ass handed to us in our own house. I can't say I was too optimistic heading into this game, but I thought we would at least put up a fight, play with some kind of emotion/desparation. In the end we didn't play with either and got our ass kicked by ou of all teams, DAMN!! Well we've got to be on the bubble at this point, and to be honest I don't know if I even want to see this team make the dance, they would probably get bounced in the first round. I'd almost rather see them just play in the NIT and advance a few rounds. This team will be back in force next year, two big time guard recruits will join to give our backcourt some much needed help, and the return of Tucker and Aldridge should give us plenty of depth in the frontcourt. Next season, baby!

Mr Dio
03-01-2005, 09:42 PM
I want to see them in the Big Dance. They'll get bounced early & prob pretty hard, will gain experience though. Only one team can celebrate @ the end of the yr, too bad it won't be the Horns but hopefully everyone stays @ UT & with 1 or 2 more awesome recruits maybe an Elite 8 or Final 4?