PDA

View Full Version : What can you say?

K-State Spur
01-11-2009, 10:51 PM
They hit 65% of their 3s...the Spurs are the best outside shooting team in the league...and we consider 40% a good night.

They shot twice as many 3s, the Spurs consistently drove the rim and got less FTs. Touch fouls were called on one end while physical play was allowed on the other.

Nelson wears our guys out. Manu had a below average night despite the fact that the defense played against him was pretty porous for stretches.

Just one of those nights.

honestfool84
01-11-2009, 10:54 PM
it's hard to complain when the opponent has such a hot hand from the field, and we can't buy a three if the season depended on it.

honestfool84

honestfool84
ok. damnit!

45 bank shot
Plus the shitty calls.
sometimes I start wondering about how much David Stern hates about the spurs

50 cent
01-11-2009, 10:55 PM
It took the refs giving Orlando every call, the Spurs making some boneheaded turnovers in the 4th (particularly Bonner), Tony missing 2 layups at the end of the game, and the Magic hitting 67% of their 3s to squeek out a win.

That should count as some sort of moral victory.

Blackjack
01-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Well...

The Spurs streak of wins, when scoring 100 points, remains intact. :smokin

K-State Spur
01-11-2009, 11:00 PM
it's hard to complain when the opponent has such a hot hand from the field, and we can't buy a three if the season depended on it.

That's quite true. You're not going to win many games when the opponent shoots that kind of percentage. However, when the opponent shoots that many 3s, you would expect the foul disparity to be in your favor. However, this game was lost in the first half when they allowed the Magic shooters so many wide open shots from the perimeter (seriously Reddick can do ONE THING and one thing only, don't rotate off of him!).

Capt Bringdown
01-11-2009, 11:01 PM
It can be said that the Magic wanted to win more and played accordingly. The Spurs always have a built in excuse about regular season games, right?

honestfool84
01-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Plus the shitty calls.
sometimes I start wondering about how much David Stern hates about the spurs

can't hate them TOO much for this to happen:
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc7/magyx72/SpursvsHeat11-7-07Spurswin9.jpg

It took the refs giving Orlando every call, the Spurs making some boneheaded turnovers in the 4th (particularly Bonner), Tony missing 2 layups at the end of the game, and the Magic hitting 67% of their 3s to squeek out a win.

That should count as some sort of moral victory.

yeah, actually that does lessen the blow of the loss a bit.
just a teenie bit, though.

:seething ; )

Yorae
01-11-2009, 11:07 PM
And lawler's law did take effect.

DPG21920
01-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Spurs shot better from the field, had better FT%, out rebounded, out assisted, stole more, blocked more shots, and had less turnovers.

Only thing Magic did better was have more FT attempts and hit more 3's.

xtremesteven33
01-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Good game.

Magic are the better team right now. Not mad at it. Its only January and we still had chances to win. Had a couple defensive mental collapses but Pop will get that fixed.

Were on the right track though. Cant win them all Spurs fans.

HarlemHeat37
01-11-2009, 11:16 PM
this game didn't prove anything to me, I already know we can play with the elite..we SHOULD have beat this elite Magic team, even though they shot as well as they possibly could..

mistakes by Mason, Parker and Ginobili in the last 2 and a half minutes hurt a lot..but the refs were the main story in this game..I don't usually complain about refs, but this was clearly a horribly officiated game..the 2nd half was probably the worst I've ever seen..

so we lost to an elite team by 1 possession, despite them shooting as well as they possibly could, the Spurs making horrible mistakes down the stretch(uncharacteristic), and horrible refs..

Rogue
01-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Four Rings, Foggot

Yorae
01-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Four Rings, Foggot

And you still ain't got nothing you poor pathetic loser.

Blackjack
01-11-2009, 11:18 PM
It can be said that the Magic wanted to win more and played accordingly. The Spurs always have a built in excuse about regular season games, right?

:td

Fact of the matter is, the Magic are peaking right now and just playing on a higher level at the moment. The Spurs wanted it every bit as much as the Magic.

Sure, certain individuals on the Magic might not be playing at their peak, but as a team? They'll never play better than they are right now.

If they can find a way to bottle it or get back to this level around playoff time(there will be a fall-off before the playoffs), they could potentially beat anybody. I'm not holding my breath though.

Tip the cap to the Magic, I'm not sure (regardless of what you might think about the officiating) they could have played a better game.

On a positive note, the Spurs still had every opportunity to pull out a victory on a night in which most would be blown out.

It's not all that comforting, but it's progress.

HarlemHeat37
01-11-2009, 11:22 PM
we definitely outplayed Orlando, I don't know what some of you are talking about..it's tough to win when the other team is getting every MAJOR call for an entire half, and then making every possible shot to add to that..

MarHill
01-11-2009, 11:27 PM

There's no built in excuse. The Spurs played good basketball against one of the better teams in the league.

It was a good win for the Magic. But, the Spurs will be ready for Wednesday night.

And if they win...what will you say?

boutons_
01-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Spurs are sucking against top teams, at best they're only 4 - 8.

The Lakers and then that very tough stretch before the RRT.

TDMVPDPOY
01-11-2009, 11:33 PM
regular season games, no point in getting hype out of it

just wait till the playoffs....

mytespurs
01-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Spurs lost.....we just got to suck it up and hope they play better and win the next game which is against the Lakers......which is going to be tough.....hope the Spurs are up for that one.

MarHill
01-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Spurs are sucking against top teams, at best they're only 4 - 8.

The Lakers and then that very tough stretch before the RRT.

That's a misleading stat...

They haven't played Boston, Cleveland or LA Lakers yet?

Plus two of the big three were out for the first month of the season.

Also, they've only played the Hornets once at their place and they had some good wins on the road against Denver, Dallas, Miami, and home wins against Houston and Utah.

There's no moral victory...but the Spurs played well and won every statisical category except one. And that cost them the game.

Remember, the Cavs beat the Spurs twice during the regular season and beat them in the Finals. Also, Phoenix won the season series last year and lost 4-1 in the playoffs.

The regular season for the Spurs is a work in progress and they are playing lot better now....then they did a month ago.

:flag:

fiona_yin
01-11-2009, 11:45 PM
we really really need a big guy to help TD

raspsa
01-11-2009, 11:47 PM
The Magic were hitting their 3s, the Spurs were not. All the more it stresses the importance of a good, consistent defense. The Spurs have become very dependent on their perimeter offense and when this lets you down then you can hopefully fall back on your defense. Still, the Magic were really hitting their shots and Spurs were still in it til the last few plays. If Parker had hit his last 2 baskets then the outcome might be very different.

MarHill
01-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Spurs lost.....we just got to suck it up and hope they play better and win the next game which is against the Lakers......which is going to be tough.....hope the Spurs are up for that one.

They will be.

They have two days of rest and a practice or two as well.

They will be very agressive and focused on Wednesday night!!

:flag:

DazedAndConfused
01-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Typical Spurs fans cannot admit they lost.

I've never seen a whinier fanbase in my life.

Blackjack
01-12-2009, 12:32 AM

Maybe if you hung out at Laker boards, instead of ST, you'd change your tune.:wakeup

HarlemHeat37
01-12-2009, 12:33 AM
it's funny that Laker fans are talking, right after Derek Fisher clearly fouls Cook on the game-tying 3 tonight..

DPG21920
01-12-2009, 12:41 AM

You do not have a mirror?

xtremesteven33
01-12-2009, 12:41 AM
it's funny that Laker fans are talking, right after Derek Fisher clearly fouls Cook on the game-tying 3 tonight..

theyre used to seeing the refs bail out the Lakers on a regular basis. It would be a tragedy if they didnt.

TheMadHatter
01-12-2009, 12:50 AM
This thread is not about the Los Angeles Lakers.

Yorae
01-12-2009, 01:26 AM
This thread is not about the Los Angeles Lakers.

So this thread's not for you. Seriously you have a logic of a drunken lemur.

K-State Spur
01-12-2009, 01:29 AM

don't visit laker forums much do you?

your team has never lost a game. only a vast conspiracy has managed to result in opponents occasionally scoring more.

mrspurs
01-12-2009, 08:34 AM
You can say stop fucking crying about the refs and if finley or ginobli hit a damn 3 at the end it wouldn't of mattered.

Or if we decided to play defense on the 3 line at all

Magic looked like the Spurs of old out there. Raining 3's.................