PDA

View Full Version : Broncos hire new coach

200 miles
01-11-2009, 10:57 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11430967

:bang :bang :bang

I thought their best option at head coach would be Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier and Buccaneers defensive backs coach Raheem Morris as Broncos defensive coordinator.

johnsmith
01-11-2009, 11:12 PM
I'll reserve judgement until after season 1, but my initial reaction is that he's too young and won't be able to handle the giant sized egos of Cutler, and Marshall.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but who knows.

His first priority has to be focusing on the defense, which leads me to my second reaction, why hire an offensive guy? Haven't we tried this already?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Hopefully this works out as well as Weiss, Crennel, and Mangini have worked out for their teams once they left new England lol.

johnsmith
01-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Hopefully this works out as well as Weiss, Crennel, and Mangini have worked out for their teams once they left new England lol.

Fuck, I didn't even think of that.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Fuck, I didn't even think of that.

I wouldn't worry, Weiss was coordinator when their offense was smash mouth running and tight ends, McDaniels fits Denver's personnel well. They've got very similar receivers to New England.

ducks
01-11-2009, 11:33 PM
I'll reserve judgement until after season 1, but my initial reaction is that he's too young and won't be able to handle the giant sized egos of Cutler, and Marshall.

His first priority has to be focusing on the defense, which leads me to my second reaction, why hire an offensive guy? Haven't we tried this already?

cutler have no ego
say it is not so:lmao

johnsmith
01-12-2009, 12:14 AM
cutler have no ego
say it is not so:lmao

You make absolutely no sense...........quit the internet.

Slinkyman
01-12-2009, 08:41 PM

to be fair Eric Mangini was 23-25 in 3 seasons with the Jets while Mike Shanahan was 24-24; What does that say about Shanahan? also Mangini actually got the Jets to the playoffs while denver has missed the past 3 years.

ducks
01-12-2009, 11:09 PM
You make absolutely no sense...........quit the internet.

no idiot

The Franchise
01-12-2009, 11:22 PM

There's a rumor that Mike Nolan will be his defensive coordinator. If that's true we're set on defense. He may have sucked as a head coach but his defenses were always pretty good.

ducks
01-12-2009, 11:23 PM
There's a rumor that Mike Nolan will be his defensive coordinator. If that's true we're set on defense. He may have sucked as a head coach but his defenses were always pretty good.

I bet chargers will still win the division for the 4 straight year

IronMexican
01-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Cutler gonna be playing from the shotgun a lot.

The Franchise
01-12-2009, 11:26 PM

What are you putting up?

ducks
01-12-2009, 11:38 PM
a computer

monosylab1k
01-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Of all teams, he goes to the fucking Broncos.

Just when I thought the Football Gods were done fucking the Patriots in the ass, they do this. So now it's losing in consecutive years to the Mannings, one of those years being the most epic failure of a Super Bowl loss ever , losing Brady for the season, going 11-5 only to miss the fucking playoffs (and having our playoff lives rest in the hands of Mangini and the Jets), losing McDaniels to the Broncos, and now we're 1 week away from an Arlen Specter Super Bowl.

So maybe the Football Gods can finally lay the fuck off? We're sorry for cheating.

btw Broncos just got a shitty coach. I was never a fan of McDaniels, his refusal to change up the offensive scheme until 6:00 to go in the Super Bowl is what lost it for us. If his ego is oversized enough to tell Tom Brady and Randy Moss to shut the fuck up, imagine how he'll talk to Cutler as he runs the offense into the ground.

mytespurs
01-13-2009, 02:52 PM

They should. After all, they are the most talented team in this divison; the only shock would be if they didn't win it again next year.

johnsmith
01-13-2009, 02:53 PM

You should parlay that with a bet that the Chargers continue to be the Pheonix Suns of the NFL.