PDA

View Full Version : Tim-centric offense is the way to go.

tim_duncan_fan
01-11-2009, 11:23 PM
I hate seeing that Tim only has 14 shots when we lose.

I've also noticed that when we focus on getting Duncan his, we come out with a low scoring game with us in the 90s and the other team around 80.

I like those games.

We need to get back to slowing things WAY down like in the old days circa '03.

That generally means playing defense and a large dose of 21-focused offense.

fusionjazzman72
01-11-2009, 11:43 PM
I totally agree. Tonight was Bullshit!!!

Hemotivo
01-11-2009, 11:48 PM
howard was too big/strong for duncan

td made a couple of hakeem plays but in the last 2 minutes he missed a hook shot against dwight

HarlemHeat37
01-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Howard wasn't "too strong"..Duncan had a number of good looks, including a missed, wide open 5 foot hook where he faked out Howard..if he had made that, we would have been up 5 with all the momentum..

sometimes things don't go your way..tonight, nothing went our way..

raspsa
01-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Spurs have to mix it up offensively. When TD has a mismatch definitely give him more touches. TD can get pretty predictable in his offense though, particularly with his slow crab dribble trying to back down his man toward the basket. Won't work against a guy like Dwight, at least not consistently. TD just needs to mix up his game more and keep taking those outside jumpers.I think the Spurs need to drive more to the basket and pass off to the open man, w/c is basically what they try to do in all their games. And, of course, hope that their shots fall.

SpursIndonesia
01-12-2009, 12:24 AM
A flukish super hot 3pts shooting night by the opponent, and the Spurs should turn back to the predictable, 4-Down offense in every fucking occasion ? Right, MORON.

magui86770
01-12-2009, 12:52 AM
Ducan had 10 points in the first qtr only! They went away from Duncan after thatfor 2 plus qtrs. Could have gotten Howard in foul trouble. Ducan looked frustrated not getting the ball more.

mrspurs
01-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Timmy hates to lose. He really hates losing to Dwight. Dwight has always been Timmys poster child. Not anymore.........Now, Timmy can handle losing to Tyson. But he cant handle losing to Dwight. Words to the wise........

m33p0
01-12-2009, 11:46 AM
tim never gets alot of touches. this team has a tendency to forget they have duncan.

xellos88330
01-12-2009, 02:48 PM
I think the Spurs are using their backcourt alot more because, it is really hard to stop the penetration. Besides, why wear Tim out when you have a young PG. Save the Tim Offense for the playoffs.

peskypesky
01-12-2009, 03:14 PM
I hate seeing that Tim only has 14 shots when we lose.

I've also noticed that when we focus on getting Duncan his, we come out with a low scoring game with us in the 90s and the other team around 80.

I like those games.

We need to get back to slowing things WAY down like in the old days circa '03.

That generally means playing defense and a large dose of 21-focused offense.

I agree. He's the man.

peskypesky
01-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Ducan had 10 points in the first qtr only! They went away from Duncan after thatfor 2 plus qtrs. Could have gotten Howard in foul trouble. Ducan looked frustrated not getting the ball more.

That's on Pop. He's a great coach a lot of the time, and a bad coach some of the time. If Timmy's hot, keep feeding him til he cools off or the other team starts sending double teams. It ain't rocket science.

Austin_Toros
01-12-2009, 04:19 PM

when a player has 10 points in the first quarter, you wouldn't really expect them to finish with 14.
going to Tim more in the game probably would have been better, especially considering how hot he was in the first.