PDA

View Full Version : Magic > Spurs

SequSpur
01-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Quit blaming the refs. Pop had a stupid ass line up in most of the game that could hang but couldn't compete.

They weren't prepared A G A I N to take on a top level opponent. Be prepared for more of the same shit next week and ass spankings on the rodeo manure trip.

Matt Bonner playing against top level teams is an absolute fukin joke.

Pop saying this team doesn't need change is ludicrous.

Also, more RM Jr. is a good thing.

Go Spurs.

MarHill
01-11-2009, 11:57 PM
Quit blaming the refs. Pop had a stupid ass line up in most of the game that could hang but couldn't compete.

They weren't prepared A G A I N to take on a top level opponent. Be prepared for more of the same shit next week and ass spankings on the rodeo manure trip.

Go Spurs.

Sorry SequSpur.....

Bonner wasn't the problem tonight. He only got 4 shots and made 2 of them.

I know it's easy to bag on him....but he played well.

Also, unless some mysterious big falls in their lap....this is the team for the rest of the season.

Actually....they played well tonight except the three-point shooting (offense and defense) and that cost them the game.

The regular season is a work in progress and they have progressed a lot further than last month!!!

:flag:

Flux451
01-12-2009, 12:00 AM

Go Spurs.

I agree with only one thing you said, we weren't prepared. Magic read us like a book. Parker was awesome. We had to play a different game tonight though. I think POP will see our weakness better then ever after reviewing tape. RM Jr. needs more plays run for him. He is too good to be having to find off dribble all the time. MAgic played excellent 3 defense and we couldn't counter with getting an open man beyond the arc.
We need to play better d against three.

You have to admit though. Refs were pretty bad. Our defense lost it though.

mexicanjunior
01-12-2009, 12:05 AM
I think it is time to start Bowen again. Finley has been hitting jumpers but his perimeter defense continues to be poor. By the time Bowen was inserted for his limited minutes, the Magic's outside shooting was already rolling and there wasn't much he could do at that point to disrupt their rhythm. As long as Finley starts, I think it tells this team that offense is being given a higher priority than defense.

YoMamaIsCallin
01-12-2009, 12:07 AM
Actually I had a different POV. I think the Spurs absolutely played well enough to win, and they would win the game playing that well 7 times out of 10 (or maybe 8). The Magic simply had one of those games where, whenever they needed a lift, one of them would casually pull up at the 3-point line and drain one, usually under pressure and not out of the offensive flow. It was ridiculous. Add in the ridiculous ref calls (they were good for 8-10 points), and STILL the Spurs had a great shot to tie or win at the end, but Tony looked he ran out of gas and just couldn't finish.

The Spurs actually played really well. They just got beaten by a statistical blip PLUS refs against them.

SequSpur
01-12-2009, 12:18 AM
They lost at home to a good team. They didn't play well enough to win. Check the outcome.

dastrey
01-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Bonner is just buying time for Kurt. KT should be the starter by the time the playoffs come around. The Spurs have won titles with Mohammed and Oberto so KT, Oberto, and Bonner should be enough provided they don't see the Magic again.

The Spurs biggest weakness is at the SF. Finley is way too streaky of a shooter and provides little defense. Bowen has officially lost a step. Udoka doesn't deserve any minutes. The good news is that the SF spot is the easiest to fill in the NBA. A player such as Barnes would do wonders for this team. This really should make Spurs fans appreciate the kind of role Bruce Bowen has played the past 6+ years.

xtremesteven33
01-12-2009, 12:19 AM
ill let you know wednesday how the spurs really are as a team

Horry For 3!
01-12-2009, 02:05 AM
I was at the game, it was good until the end. When Tony blew it. I think Roger Mason should of took more shots though, he has been hot n made most of his shots when he shot. Ginobili was suckin n takin too many 3s. Should of been Mason shootin those 3s.

pawe
01-12-2009, 02:08 AM
Magic 3pt fg > Spurs 3 pt fg

Spurs outplayed the magic in every facet of the game except the 3s.

Brutalis
01-12-2009, 02:09 AM
I agree, we got fucking pwned. Git over et.

Brutalis
01-12-2009, 02:09 AM
The game against the Lakers will tell me if we are doing shit in the playoffs. And by now everyone should know what I say is going to happen, does. :P

TDMVPDPOY
01-12-2009, 02:14 AM
spurs losing to a team they are meant to lose too....

Shastafarian
01-12-2009, 02:38 AM
Jump.

romain.star
01-12-2009, 05:31 AM
Actually not a bad loss considering the Magic sunk over 60% of their 3 pointers....i mean how often can that happen. Usually, a team should be blown out by such 3 point shooting

YoMamaIsCallin
01-12-2009, 01:04 PM
They lost at home to a good team. They didn't play well enough to win. Check the outcome.

(expletive) head, did you even read my (expletive) post?

I said:

The Spurs played well enough to win 7 or 8 times out of 10.

The conclusion: this happened to be one of those 2 or 3 times where some ridiculous things occurred and they don't win.

Shastafarian
01-12-2009, 01:06 PM
The game against the Lakers will tell me if we are doing shit in the playoffs. And by now everyone should know what I say is going to happen, does. :P

I always determine how a team will play in May and June by games they play before the all-star break too!!!

YoMamaIsCallin
01-12-2009, 01:12 PM
I always determine how a team will play in May and June by games they play before the all-star break too!!!

Yeah, exactly. You fly in, play a game, and fly out to the next one against a different team. That's just like the playoffs.

lebomb
01-12-2009, 01:14 PM
I would have to agree. I watched that whole game.........I think Orlando is playing better than the Spurs are right now......and the Spurs are playing well. That shows you how good of a team Orlando is.

Jayem
01-12-2009, 01:24 PM
celtics, lakers, cavs, hornets, magic >>>>> spurs. i really don't understand how you guys think we're gonna win it all this year :lmao

lebomb
01-12-2009, 01:47 PM
cavs, hornets, magic >>>>> spurs. i really don't understand how you guys think we're gonna win it all this year :lmao

FIXED.

DarrinS
01-12-2009, 01:58 PM
I don't think the Spurs played bad last night. The Magic just played better.

There are 82 games and a lot of good teams in the NBA. The Spurs will not win every game.

Ditty
01-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Why wait until then, when I can let you know today... THEY SUCK!!!

dude get the fuck out of here fabio

this is another stupid thread we sound like fuken rockets fans as i see in there threads bitching about tracy mcgrady

not every day a team is going to make 12 3's and if so with alll the talent orlando has thats pretty sad

it did look like the spurs werent prepared and need to watch some tape to know that jammer nelson aint going to drive the hoop and make a layup because all he would do is drive and go under the court and all the spurs defenders would go towards him and that would leave someone open for a 3 hopefully the spurs can use that also but parker aint as big as him the game could of gone either way i though we played well just they hit some 3's thats all well woop la's ass on wednesday ill be there with a la sucks shirt

go spurs go :flag:

xellos88330
01-12-2009, 02:52 PM
It's not every day a team shoots 63% from 3. Of course, the Spurs are to blame for the missed/slow rotations.

NFGIII
01-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Does anyone really think that the Magic will shoot 3pt shots like that over a regular season? They shoot .393% for the season but they shot 63% against us. That was the game. And our lack of adequate perimeter D, too.

Work in Progress. The Lakers are next and I want to see if they will focus on that aspect of the game agianst them. Our goal is to be peaking come playoff time and not sooner. The Spurs seem to do this on a regular basis - let's wait to see what we have after the RRT. At that time we will be able to see what's up and make some concrete assessments.

:flag:

Galileo
01-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Magic 3pt fg > Spurs 3 pt fg

Spurs outplayed the magic in every facet of the game except the 3s.

Great point.

The Magic were just 22 of 52 (42%) on two-pointers, but somehow managed to make 14 of 22 threes.

The Spurs made 36 of 60 two-pointers (60%), but only 3 of 13 threes went down.

The Magic outscored the Spurs by 33 points on threes. This is just a game where the ball did not bounce the Spurs way.