PDA

View Full Version : Im gonna make a bold prediction....

xtremesteven33
01-12-2009, 12:29 AM
If the Blazers take the #8 spot and end up playing the Lakers in the first round........

The Portland TrailBlazers will eliminate the Los Angeles Lakers.

and you can quote me on that....

lil_penny
01-12-2009, 12:40 AM
Blazers can't win in l.a. the lakers can't win in portland. I think it could be a good series 6 or 7 games... like garnetts gay ass said last year.... anytttttthhiiiinnggg iiisssss possssssssssible!!!!

Showtime24 LAKERS
01-12-2009, 12:46 AM
:lmao not in this decade :nope

Lakers999
01-12-2009, 05:28 AM
the lakers always beat portland in the playoffs

Allanon
01-12-2009, 05:30 AM
If the Blazers take the #8 spot and end up playing the Lakers in the first round........

That's pretty bold.

On a serious note, the Blaze are the only team in the West that have the size to deal with Lakers. But even with the size, it's a mismatch all around.

Bynum > Oden
Pau > Aldridge
Lamar > Batum
Kobe > Roy
Fisher > Steve Blake

Pass me some of 'dat weed bro.

endrity
01-12-2009, 07:59 AM
That's pretty bold.

On a serious note, the Blaze are the only team in the West that have the size to deal with Lakers. But even with the size, it's a mismatch all around.

Bynum > Oden
Pau > Aldridge
Lamar > Batum
Kobe > Roy
Fisher > Steve Blake

Not that I disagree with those match-ups but i think it's wrong to consider a series like that. I see Laker fans do that all the time, sometimes overstating their players, but as we found out in the Finals last year all 5 match-ups don't have the same value. It's one or two players that decide a series usually.

Plus when you do those match-ups it's always about offense. I personally believe that that combination of Oden and Aldrige are a bit better defensively than bynum and Pau. It might be the other case as well, but my point is, that people always compare offenses when they do those match-ups and that isn't the proper thing to do. Bowen has never been a scorer, yet he is one of the most important players for the Spurs in this decade, someone who the Spurs couldn't have won all three of their championships without. Yet in that kind of matchup he will never get his value.

Chieflion
01-12-2009, 08:10 AM
That's pretty bold.

Bynum > Oden
Pau > Aldridge
Lamar > Batum
Kobe > Roy
Fisher > Steve Blake

You better pass me some of your weed, not that I need them. Steve Blake is better than Fisher in this season. Odom comes off the bench, so Outlaw > Odom. The Blazers' youth should be a handful for a 7 game series, not saying that they will definitely win of course.

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-12-2009, 08:35 AM
in a similarly bold statement, i predict that the Nuggets will beat the Lakers in 7 games, thanks to Johan Petro :smokin :drunk

JamStone
01-12-2009, 10:37 AM
If you really believe the Blazers are good enough to beat the Lakers in a playoff series, then they'll be (much) better than the 8th seed come playoff time, likely rendering your prediction irrelevant.

I. Hustle
01-12-2009, 10:40 AM
I will make another bold statement and say that wild cherry pepsi is better than cherry coke.

galvatron3000
01-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Waait to see how the Blazers finish the season, if they find some toughness they can win but Lakers are a better group chemistry wise and experience wise at this point.

layupdrill
01-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Dont see that happening...but good topic. You should get at least 30 replies on this one lol.

DazedAndConfused
01-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Goddamn you people need to stop drinking the tap water in SA. They don't clean that shit.

tlongII
01-12-2009, 11:33 AM
If we play the Lakers in the playoffs they definitely won't win one in the Rose Garden. If we can steal one at Staples it would be OVER!

Indazone
01-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Blazers in dogfight with Mavs for final spot. But Oden vs Bynum would be hilarious. Bust vs Bust

timvp
01-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Bynum > Oden
Pau > Aldridge
Lamar > Batum
Kobe > Roy
Fisher > Steve Blake

Basically.

Lakers would sweep.

xtremesteven33
01-12-2009, 12:29 PM
if the Lakers continue to play horrible defense i can see the Blazers getting hot towards the end and have a very good shot at eliminating this Lakers team. They match up very well with them and Nate Mcmillan is a very good coach. Spurs fans seem to forget the war we had with Seattle in 2005 and the only allstar they had was Ray Allen.

Oden gives Bynum problems in the block and Gasol couldnt guard Aldridge for his life. It would be a shoot out and the first one to miss loses.

IF they face each other. Be prepared for an upset.

Lakers_55
01-12-2009, 12:51 PM
If we play the Lakers in the playoffs they definitely won't win one in the Rose Garden. If we can steal one at Staples it would be OVER!

The irony is on you if this happens. I seem to recall you have a bet that if the Lakers finish ahead of the Blazers in the standings, you don't post in the playoffs. Your post almost suggests that you have conceded.

I don't care who the Lakers play in round 1, 2, 3, or 4. The rules say no free passes. If we win a series, we advance and try again. If we lose, we lose and someone else wins.

lil_penny
01-12-2009, 12:54 PM
I think we swept you guys the last two times in the playoffs... that means we won in Portland right.

last playoff loss was to the mavs.. back in 03 i believe.. one before that was 5 game loss to the lakers in 02 portland 2 L.A. 3

im not trying to count my chickens before they hatch ill be happy if we actually make it into the playoffs its been too damn long lol..

turiaf for president
01-12-2009, 01:40 PM
just worrry about MAKING the playoffs first.

Darrin
01-12-2009, 01:47 PM

Charles Barkley of Spurstalk. I'll nail this to scoreboard, and you can kiss my ass if it doesn't happen.

xtremesteven33
01-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Charles Barkley of Spurstalk. I'll nail this to scoreboard, and you can kiss my ass if it doesn't happen.

They have to face each other first in the first round. IF that happens. I predict an upset.

xtremesteven33
03-09-2009, 11:45 PM
BUMP

doesnt sound too crazy now does it?

iggypop123
03-09-2009, 11:48 PM
BUMP

doesnt sound too crazy now does it?

they wont be an 8th seed therefore they wont play

xtremesteven33
03-09-2009, 11:49 PM
they wont be an 8th seed therefore they wont play

either or....if they end up playing each other i can see an upset happening.

Spursfan092120
03-09-2009, 11:49 PM
The team that we blew out twice already...lol. You Spurs fans are afraid of the Lakers. First its the Suns, now its the Blazers.
How surprising..another arrogant Laker fan...afraid of the Lakers? BS...the Lakers try to spend 1.5 million dollars to sign a guy just to keep him from the Spurs, knowing he could be piece to beat you, and we're afraid? hilarious. We're the most winning franchise in sports in the last decade and we are afraid of you? We don't fear any team..thanks for trying though.

Spursfan092120
03-09-2009, 11:50 PM
I will make another bold statement and say that wild cherry pepsi is better than cherry coke.
no fucking way dude..no fucking way...

j-money24
03-09-2009, 11:51 PM
How surprising..another arrogant Laker fan...afraid of the Lakers? BS...the Lakers try to spend 1.5 million dollars to sign a guy just to keep him from the Spurs, knowing he could be piece to beat you, and we're afraid? hilarious. We're the most winning franchise in sports in the last decade and we are afraid of you? We don't fear any team..thanks for trying though.

who gives a fuck?
the lakers are the winningest franchinse in all Decades Together.
dipshit.

MarHill
03-09-2009, 11:51 PM

xtremesteven,

I'm a Spurs fan.....but you are making a crazy thread.

The Lakers would beat the Blazers in 5 or 6 games. Yes, the Blazers play well home but are not a good road team. They won't win a game in L.A. and the Lakers will have to win one game in Portland and that's very possible.

Would the Blazers be a challenge....yes! But win a series over the Lakers....absolutely not!!

DrHouse
03-09-2009, 11:54 PM
I don't think you understand how the dynamics of the series would change if Bynum and even Oden are playing.

POR hasn't even been into the playoffs with the team they have now.

Spursfan092120
03-09-2009, 11:54 PM
who gives a fuck?
the lakers are the winningest franchinse in all Decades Together.
dipshit.
what is a franchinse? Is that dutch? And we're talking about present time here..not past. Spur fan does not fear the Lakers..at least not the REAL Spurs fans.

coachmac87
03-10-2009, 02:05 AM
Portland could put up a fight....But they have to win on the road....THey just cant do it tho..not in the playoffs.

The hardest thing about the playoffs is winning on the road...It seemed like every home team won every game during the playoffs last year.

BeeGee
03-10-2009, 02:12 AM

I guess that's why they call you xtremesteve, right? We'd bounce Portland in 5 games, 6 tops. Don't let a couple of blowout home wins vs. the Spurs and Lakers fool you.

crc21209
03-10-2009, 04:05 AM
If the Lakers draw the Rockets, Nuggets, or Blazers, they will have some trouble, maybe even going to 6-7 games. The Suns might give them trouble but most likely not since theyre about 4 games out now. LA would do away with Dallas easy.

Ghazi
03-10-2009, 04:27 AM
Nuggets/Blazers/Suns would be swift victories for the Lakers.

People put too much stock into the regular season. All the Blazers did tonight was hit some jump shots and catch LA on an off night.

In the playoffs, Bynum is expected to be back, and the Lakers get the first 2 games @ home, where they only have 4 losses all year. In the likely event that they jump out to a 2-0 lead, there's a 90% chance from that point that they would win the series.

Of course "anything can happen", but in most cases that's what's expected to happen to a foe of the Lakers. We're talking about a 50-13 team here for chrissake! With a lot of man games lost from Bynum, who is underrated by non-Lakers fans I feel. although overrated by Lakers fans themselves.

the only teams that can put a scare into LA are Houston, SA, and mayyyybe Utah.

And by scare I mean take the series to 6 games.

manufor3
03-10-2009, 07:40 AM
hey, some1 quote drhouse, i have him on my ignore list

ManuTP9
03-10-2009, 07:57 AM
i agree the if blazers and lakers do face i can see the Blazers beating them

DrHouse
03-10-2009, 08:30 AM
It all depends on whether Bynum makes it back in time.

I can't stress enough how his mere presence changes the dynamic of the team for the better. It moves Gasol off the other team's C and onto the weaker and smaller PF. It moves Odom to the bench to provide consistency and scoring punch that is sorely lacking right now. It allows Phil to play with a 7 footer in the lineup at all times.

Simply put the Blazers would not be able to do what they did last night against a healthy Laker team. Bynum would send all of those weak layups back or at least make them alter their shots. It's no surprise the layup drill continued the moment he went out.

hater
03-10-2009, 08:52 AM
this is not really a bold prediction. Blazers own Lakers with or without Bydumb

xtremesteven33
03-10-2009, 10:24 AM
-Lakers are "hoping" that Bynum will be back by the playoffs. Nothing is guranteed.

-Lakers are VERY poor on team defense. When the Blazers get hot and motivated, they can run up the score on the Lakers.

-Kobe is the only player on the Lakers who has a ON/OFF switch to turn up the heat on a competetive level. No other player has that on that team. And we all know what happens when Kobe trys to win a game by himself. They almost always lose.

-The Blazers match up VERY well with LA. (Aldrige/Gasol....Outlaw/Odom.....Bryant/Roy) Even IF Bynum comes back, Oden will be back as well. And Oden can defend Bynum one on one fairly decent.

-AND...lets not forget what happened to the Mavericks in 2007. ;wow