PDA

View Full Version : I hate to say it but...

de Soto
01-12-2009, 01:40 PM
...the Spurs are not competitive with the best teams in NBA at this moment. Orlando won too easily regardless of the score. :(

Lets hope things turn around for the Spurs toward the end of the season.:flag:

Punkkboy44
01-12-2009, 01:44 PM
I agree with you..I thought it was interesting how Orlando torched the nets from 3..while the Spurs..enuff said..Oberto..Ian...Bowen...do something already..start playing..retire..contribute..cmon

Jayem
01-12-2009, 01:47 PM
yeah its the truth but the blind spurs homers here wont wanna hear it.

we're barely competitive with scrub teams. lol

unless we get another great player on the team, we arent winning shit this year.

NFGIII
01-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Have to give props to Orlando for thier 3pt shooting. They hit over 60% which will not happen very often. They shoot their average and the Spurs win this one even with some of those questionable calls - Howard's obvious charge oagainst Manu and the phatom foul that gave R. Lewis 3 FTs. That's 5pts right there they shouldn't have had but as Sean said - there are nights like these. The Spurs have had these types of nights, too. All NBA teams have.

In this game we were the bug and the Magic was the windshield.

:flag:

benefactor
01-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Magic...14-22 from 3. Spurs...3-13 from 3...and we were in the game the whole game and had a chance win it late.

You say the Spurs are not a competitive team...that tells me you are not a competitive poster.

de Soto
01-12-2009, 02:01 PM
...and we were in the game the whole game and had a chance win it late.

Total BS. Orlando was toying with the Spurs and easily pulled ahead when it counted.

You say the Spurs are not a competitive team...that tells me you are not a competitive poster.

That's much better than an obtuse poster with his head buried deep in his own anus. There are too many of them in here.

DarrinS
01-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Last night's game was competitive and we were playing one the NBA's elite teams.

What was the point of the OP again?

xtremesteven33
01-12-2009, 02:04 PM
We gave one of the best teams everything they can handle on one of thier best performances of the season.

They played nearly flawlessly.

NFGIII
01-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Total BS. Orlando was toying with the Spurs and easily pulled ahead when it counted.

No they weren't. As stated before - any team that shoots over 60% - 14 of 22 - from the 3 pt line and will win most of those games. The Spurs held their own in all the other stat categories. Orlando shoots their average and the Spurs win but 8 - 10 pts. Throw in those questionable calls mention earlier and it's a 15 - 20 pt W.

Orlando played great and deserves the win - the Spurs perimeter D was slow to nonexistent all night. Those 3pt shots by Orlando were virtually uncontested.

benefactor
01-12-2009, 02:21 PM

Really? Is that why we beat them in almost every statistical category except three point shooting? Two wide open, point blank misses by Parker and a defensive lapse by Mason gave them the final lead. Facts to back up your "toying" claim please.

That's much better than an obtuse poster with his head buried deep in his own anus. There are too many of them in here.
The funny thing is your statements make you look like the exact same thing that you are claiming I am except on the opposite end of the spectrum. Could we win it all if the playoffs started today? Probably not. Will we be there by the end of the season? I think we will.

Budkin
01-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Give me a fucking break... we could have won this game, it's not like we got blown out. Things didn't go our way. It's early January. Get over it.

Shastafarian
01-12-2009, 02:23 PM

You should alert the league to this. I've never heard of team purposefully not playing up to their potential to "toy" with the opposition. Man, bombshell right there. Maybe some point shaving going on?

peskypesky
01-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Not worried too much, since Orlando won with a freakish 3pt %.

But the weakness in post players continues to be a problem. Oberto, Bonner and Thomas are not good enough. We need another post player who is starter quality. We all know none of those guys would start on any other team in the league.

Ditty
01-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Magic...14-22 from 3. Spurs...3-13 from 3...and we were in the game the whole game and had a chance win it late.

nice its not everyday that the magic will make 14 3 pointers i thought we played well and showed alot of people we can compete now if e lost by over 10 i think u should make this stupid post but we were winning at some points of the game orlando has that starting lineup for a couple of years and the spurs have there new lineup since this year

when is ginobili going to show up?

why dosent roger mason dont show up till the critical parts of games and not during the whole game?

wednesday is a must win

ChumpDumper
01-12-2009, 02:32 PM
I hate to say it but...People claim they hate it but they really love making threads like this.

Spurminator
01-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Orlando won too easily regardless of the score. :(

Orlando was out-rebounded, turned the ball over more and shot the ball worse from the field, and the game was within 5 points for almost all 48 minutes... but yeah, other than that, easy win.

beachwood
01-12-2009, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=de Soto;3021820]Total BS. Orlando was toying with the Spurs and easily pulled ahead when it counted.

Now that's a BS statement. it was competitive the entire time but to Orlando's credit and regardless of the reffing, they made the big crunch time plays and Parker missed two easy shots at the end. Nelson was hitting 3's in Parker's face and was playing like he had something to prove.

Behrooz24
01-12-2009, 02:44 PM
:lmao

If we make a couple of misses and not screw up on a couple rotations this thread we'd be the champs right?

Duncan2177
01-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Its hard to beat a team that shoots 60%..

peskypesky
01-12-2009, 02:47 PM
People claim they hate it but they really love making threads like this.

:toast

xellos88330
01-12-2009, 02:50 PM
I thought last nights game was quite competitive. Just bad luck is all. Not very often a team shoots 63% from 3.

de Soto
01-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Oberto, Bonner and Thomas are not good enough. We need another post player who is starter quality. We all know none of those guys would start on any other team in the league.

I tend to agree with you.

de Soto
01-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Just bad luck is all.

There is no such thing as luck in the NBA.

urunobili
01-12-2009, 03:03 PM
People claim they hate it but they really love making threads like this.

signs Mr Thread psychologist :lol

Ditty
01-12-2009, 03:04 PM
I tend to agree with you.

me too we need camby

EricB
01-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Hmm, me thinks theres some mighty gigantic fail in this thread.

HarlemHeat37
01-12-2009, 03:23 PM
LOL @ this thread..the OP clearly isn't a Spurs fan, and neither is anybody that agrees with him..either that, or you're fucking stupid..

losing to arguably the 2nd best team in the NBA by 1 possesion after Tony Parker misses 2 chip shots..despite them shooting almost 70% from 3's, and getting all the possible help from the officials..

ya, we can't compete with the great teams..give me a break..

ClingingMars
01-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Hmm, me thinks theres some mighty gigantic fail in this thread.

:tu

Austin_Toros
01-12-2009, 04:16 PM
spurs are one of the best teams in the league. of course they will find it hard to beat teams like orlando and lakers, but those are two of the best teams in the league.
spurs, regardless of how good they are, can finish with a high seed in the west and come playoff time, well, we know what they can do.

SenorSpur
01-12-2009, 04:20 PM
I hate to admit it, but right now, at this point in the season, your assessment is true. Their occasional struggles against top teams (like Orlando) bear this out. It is a bit of a concern. Time will tell as to whether they will be able to topple mighty Fakers.

de Soto
01-12-2009, 04:23 PM
I hate to admit it, but right now, at this point in the season, your assessment is true. Their occasional struggles against top teams (like Orlando) bear this out. It is a bit of a concern. Time will tell as to whether they will be able to topple mighty Fakers.

Ahhh...finally someone who seems to comprehend basic English language.

Thank you! :toast

DarrinS
01-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Ahhh...finally someone who seems to comprehend basic English language.

Thank you! :toast

What about last nights game was not competitive?

SenorSpur
01-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Hell, Pop even admits that himself. Fakers, Cavs and Celtics are in a different stratosphere than the rest of the league. Nothing to be embarassed about. Spurs have to remain healthy, catch a few breaks and play at a consistently high level.

DarrinS
01-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Hell, Pop even admits that himself. Fakers, Cavs and Celtics are in a different stratosphere than the rest of the league. Nothing to be embarassed about. Spurs have to remain healthy, catch a few breaks and play at a consistently high level.

NBA.com apparently disagrees with you.

Their latest power rankings:

1. Cavs
2. Lakers
3. Magic
4. Spurs
5. Celtics

BigVee
01-12-2009, 04:54 PM
One game means nothing. The playoffs are about locking in and prepping for one team for multiple games. Orlando would not beat the Spurs in a 7 game series. Orlando is hot right now. That is the nature of the regular season in the NBA. Do you think the Spurs would lose to the Bucks in a 7 game series?

Nathan Explosion
01-12-2009, 04:58 PM
To answer the question about why Mason didn't play. Pop probably thought he wasn't the best option. Or, pop was probably trying to see what this lineup would do. Like it or not as Spurs fans, Pop cares more about testing his lineups, learning about the team and improving more than he does with winning at this point in the season.

Pop would rather lose by two, but show a big improvment from game to game than win by 20 and regress. He's that type of guy. When it gets close to the playoffs, the Spurs should be hitting their stride, and we will definitely know everything we have to about this team.

And besides, in the last 19 games, this is only their 4th loss, right?

de Soto
01-12-2009, 05:02 PM
NBA.com apparently disagrees with you.

Their latest power rankings:

1. Cavs
2. Lakers
3. Magic
4. Spurs
5. Celtics

IMO, people can shove their rankings and stats up their rectums. The only thing that counts is winning.:ihit

Winning -ultimately- when it counts, that is.

DAF86
01-12-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm so sick and tired of this emo threads. Chill people, if we face the Magic in the Finals we'd probably sweep them like we did with the Cavs two years ago.

de Soto
01-12-2009, 05:06 PM
I'm so sick and tired of this emo threads. Chill people, if we face the Magic in the Finals we'd probably sweep them like we did with the Cavs two years ago.

I'd like to think so. :flag:

But I saw NO indication of that last night.:(

DAF86
01-12-2009, 05:11 PM
I'd like to think so. :flag:

But I saw NO indication of that last night.:(

I didn't see any indication either that we were going to sweep the Cavs in the '07 finals in the two regular losses that we had against them that season, but we did.

The only two teams that the Spurs need to worry about are the Lakers and Celtics.

de Soto
01-12-2009, 05:15 PM
I didn't saw any indication either that we were going to sweep the Cavs in the '07 finals in the two regular losses that we had against them that season, but we did.

True. The Spurs way. :toast

The only two teams that the Spurs need to worry about are the Lakers and Celtics.

I dunno. If the Spurs get past the Lakers, nothing or nobody will stop them. Mark my words.

beachwood
01-12-2009, 05:16 PM
I didn't saw any indication either that we were going to sweep the Cavs in the '07 finals in the two regular losses that we had against them that season, but we did.

The 07 Cavs were no where near as good as the Magic are now. The Magic are a legit TEAM.

DAF86
01-12-2009, 05:17 PM
I dunno. If the Spurs get past the Lakers, nothing or nobody will stop them. Mark my words.

I also think that if we get past the Lakers the Championship is ours but I added the Celts just in case.

DAF86
01-12-2009, 05:19 PM
The 07 Cavs were no where near as good as the Magic are now. The Magic are a legit TEAM.

Instead of a sweep it'll be a 4-1 series then. Do you really think that a team with Hedo Turkoglu as the go to guy will beat the Spurs in a 7 G series?

de Soto
01-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Do you really think that a team with Hedo Turkoglu as the go to guy will beat the Spurs in a 7 G series?

Hmmm...I feel much better now...it is :toast:toast:toast -time! :flag:

DAF86
01-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Hmmm...I feel much better now...it is :toast:toast:toast -time! :flag:

You're welcome :lol

de Soto
01-12-2009, 05:39 PM
You're welcome :lol

:toast:toast:toast:toast:toast:toast Later!

beachwood
01-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Instead of a sweep it'll be a 4-1 series then. Do you really think that a team with Hedo Turkoglu as the go to guy will beat the Spurs in a 7 G series?

I think we could win beat them in a 7 game series, but i won't underestimate the Magic. I was really impressed with the way they played as a team. Everyone on their team contributed to last night's win.

And it's a little naive to think that players can't develop. Yes, Hedo was soft when he was a Spur, but I won't completely write him off as a player today.

EricB
01-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Hedo is a good player but he still has his choking tendancies, that was shown in the playoffs against Detroit last year when he as expected curled up into a ball.

SPURS vs NBA media
01-12-2009, 06:50 PM
wow wow wow

Yorae
01-12-2009, 08:39 PM
The true level of an NBA team appears only on playoffs.

HarlemHeat37
01-12-2009, 09:06 PM
let's look at our games vs. .500 teams..I hope people actually read this post.

vs. Phoenix..lost by 1 possession where Timmy missed a 3(we should have took a timeout, but whatever)..we were missing Manu..competitive? clearly..

vs. Portland..lost by Finley missing a wide open 15-footer at the buzzer..we were missing Manu..competitive? clearly..

vs. Dallas..blowout..we were missing Manu, but we just got blown out here..competitive? no..

vs. Miami..blowout..we were missing Ginobili and that's when TP got injured in the 1st quarter..competitive? no..

vs. Houston..win without Parker and Ginobili..impressive as hell..competitive? clearly, we won..

vs. Denver..lost handily..no Parker and Ginobili..competitive? no..

vs. Utah..blowout win without Parker and Ginobili..competitive? yes..

vs. Houston..blowout loss..Parker and Ginobili in only their 2nd game back..competitive? no..

vs. Detroit..loss..we had control for 3 quarters, but lost it in the 4th..Manu and Parker's 3rd game back..competitive? yes..

vs. Denver..blowout win..

vs. Dallas..OT win..

vs. Atlanta..win..

vs. New Orleans..loss..we had control for 3 and a half quarters, despite our shooters missing wide open shots all night..Hornets take lead when David West makes 2 3's to take the lead..competitive..

vs. Orlando..blowout loss on a back to back where the team got in at 3AM after a tough game in New Orleans..

vs. Phoenix..buzzer beater win..

vs. Miami win..

vs. Orlando..loss by 1 possession where Tony Parker missed 2 chip shots he usually makes..Magic shoot 70% from 3's, and get tremendous help from the officiating..clearly competitive..

so looking at these 17 games..let's eliminate the losses without Ginobili and/or Parker, since that's clearly the smart thing to do..that would put us at 7-5..not great, but not bad..then consider the losses outside of those..choke jobs against Detroit and New Orleans, where we were clearly competitive and SHOULD have won..a virtually impossible game to win vs. Orlando..the other Orlando game being seriously altered by the officials..

when you consider the circumstances, it really doesn't sound that bad..most real Spurs fans know this though..nobody is saying our team is on the elite level, we definitely aren't at this point..but we can compete with the better teams..

Yorae
01-12-2009, 09:13 PM
If Olrando didn't shoot the lights out on three they could not have won this one. If we could lose to scrub teams, we could lose to good teams too,right?

peskypesky
01-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Please don't ###### up this thread. Thank you.

:ban:

Ice009
01-12-2009, 10:00 PM
:ban:

What did he mean by that? Surely that wasn't a racist comment was it?

anakha
01-12-2009, 10:13 PM
yeah its the truth but the blind spurs homers here wont wanna hear it.

we're barely competitive with scrub teams. lol

unless we get another great player on the team, we arent winning shit this year.

After all, the Spurs had no chance of winning the title in 2007, right? :rolleyes

Cry Havoc
01-12-2009, 10:32 PM
I petition the rest of this thread to call for the bannination of de Soto.

rascal
01-12-2009, 10:41 PM

vs. Phoenix..lost by 1 possession where Timmy missed a 3(we should have took a timeout, but whatever)..we were missing Manu..competitive? clearly..

vs. Portland..lost by Finley missing a wide open 15-footer at the buzzer..we were missing Manu..competitive? clearly..

vs. Dallas..blowout..we were missing Manu, but we just got blown out here..competitive? no..

vs. Miami..blowout..we were missing Ginobili and that's when TP got injured in the 1st quarter..competitive? no..

vs. Houston..win without Parker and Ginobili..impressive as hell..competitive? clearly, we won..

vs. Houston..blowout loss..Parker and Ginobili in only their 2nd game back..competitive? no..

vs. Detroit..loss..we had control for 3 quarters, but lost it in the 4th..Manu and Parker's 3rd game back..competitive? yes..

vs. Dallas..OT win..

vs. Atlanta..win..

vs. New Orleans..loss..we had control for 3 and a half quarters, despite our shooters missing wide open shots all night..Hornets take lead when David West makes 2 3's to take the lead..competitive..

vs. Orlando..blowout loss on a back to back where the team got in at 3AM after a tough game in New Orleans..

vs. Miami win..

vs. Orlando..loss by 1 possession where Tony Parker missed 2 chip shots he usually makes..Magic shoot 70% from 3's, and get tremendous help from the officiating..clearly competitive..

so looking at these 17 games..let's eliminate the losses without Ginobili and/or Parker, since that's clearly the smart thing to do..that would put us at 7-5..not great, but not bad..then consider the losses outside of those..choke jobs against Detroit and New Orleans, where we were clearly competitive and SHOULD have won..a virtually impossible game to win vs. Orlando..the other Orlando game being seriously altered by the officials..

when you consider the circumstances, it really doesn't sound that bad..most real Spurs fans know this though..nobody is saying our team is on the elite level, we definitely aren't at this point..but we can compete with the better teams..

If you eliminate the losses without Parker and Ginobili you have to eliminate the wins without them also. You cannot pick and choose which variables to drop to make it look the way you want it to look. Also if you consider dropping the close loses as games that they could have won then you also have to consider the close wins as games they could have lost.

Overall the spurs do not look like an elite championship caliber team so far. they have struggled against almost everyone and they have not done well overall against the better teams.

The front court is just too weak.

Can the spurs compete (in a sense of giving a hard fought effort) with the better teams Yes. Can they win a title with this team No.

The spurs overall record is inflated because of their weak schedule so far.
It will start to come back down to reality when the schedule gets tougher and as the season moves on then everyone will get a better read of how good they are.

rascal
01-12-2009, 10:43 PM
I petition the rest of this thread to call for the bannination of de Soto.

We should ban you. Because you don't agree with him ban him?
Go and cry.

rascal
01-12-2009, 10:46 PM
After all, the Spurs had no chance of winning the title in 2007, right? :rolleyes

This is 2009. Stop living in the past. There has been many changes in the league since 2007.

Hollinger
01-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Can the spurs compete (in a sense of giving a hard fought effort) with the better teams Yes. Can they win a title with this team No.

It will start to come back down to reality when the schedule gets tougher and as the season moves on then everyone will get a better read of how good they are.

That's what I was saying in my article. (Great minds think alike).

anakha
01-12-2009, 10:58 PM
This is 2009. Stop living in the past. There has been many changes in the league since 2007.

I was referring to the nimrod's proclamation that the Spurs were dead and buried then, yet still won the title.

Just showing others how much stock they should take in his opinions.

And your defense of his stupidity still makes me :lol.

Yorae
01-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Knicks just whooped new orleans ass. Too bad celtics still managed to win in OT against the raptors.

ducks
01-12-2009, 11:37 PM
does boston look like title contenders right now
spurs will look like it in march still jan

Yorae
01-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Here's a photo to commemorate the loss

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20090113/capt.57bad37896ed42cfbfb6f186d1cbd578.knicks_horne ts_basketball_laab112.jpg

West: Eww, this ball looks so dirty, I won't play with this shit!

Yorae
01-12-2009, 11:47 PM
Here's CP3 and Harrington "sizing" up each other

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20090113/capt.818e342839274cfdb3164df469f8cac4.knicks_horne ts_basketball_laab111.jpg

Al: What the fuck, why the hell is your's so small?
Chris: OOOOh that's a big one you got there!

HarlemHeat37
01-12-2009, 11:49 PM
If you eliminate the losses without Parker and Ginobili you have to eliminate the wins without them also. You cannot pick and choose which variables to drop to make it look the way you want it to look. Also if you consider dropping the close loses as games that they could have won then you also have to consider the close wins as games they could have lost.

no, it doesn't work that way..

the fact that we won without Parker and Ginobili vs. Houston and Utah proves we can beat elite teams either way..there's no reason to think we wouldn't have won those games if our 2nd and 3rd best players were in the lineup..

it doesn't work that way..

also, the fact that we barely beat some teams is irrelevant, because the question was whether or not we can compete with the top teams..a close game is competing either way, and obviously when you win it's the same..

the fact that we've been competitive in most of the games vs. elite teams despite the injuries, and the fact that these games have been in December/January(where we usually don't care) shows that we have room to grow..

Overall the spurs do not look like an elite championship caliber team so far. they have struggled against almost everyone and they have not done well overall against the better teams.

like I said..we aren't elite..but I've clearly proved we can compete with better teams..and LOL @ "struggled against almost everyone"..you're an idiot..

The spurs overall record is inflated because of their weak schedule so far.It will start to come back down to reality when the schedule gets tougher and as the season moves on then everyone will get a better read of how good they are.

poor argument, considering we were missing our 2nd and 3rd best player for a long time..are you saying that Boston would continue to play well without Pierce and Allen? LA without Gasol and Bynum? Cleveland without Williams and Z?..

Armando
01-12-2009, 11:51 PM
Yes I know the Spurs are old and done. Every year is the same story yet they are always there in the end. Just ask New Orleans and Phoenix.

Cry Havoc
01-12-2009, 11:53 PM
Go and cry.

Please don't ###### up this thread. Thank you.

How about you read the thread so you know what you're talking about instead of just being a bitch?

raspsa
01-13-2009, 12:46 AM
I think a better gauge of the Spurs will come during the Rodeo Road Trip.

Ditty
01-13-2009, 01:36 AM
Here's CP3 and Harrington "sizing" up each other

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20090113/capt.818e342839274cfdb3164df469f8cac4.knicks_horne ts_basketball_laab111.jpg

Al: What the fuck, why the hell is your's so small?
Chris: OOOOh that's a big one you got there!

:lol

Dre_7
01-13-2009, 04:29 AM
Go and cry.

I think he should be banned for his racism. Not his basketball opinions.

DarrinS
01-13-2009, 08:53 AM

No shit. That's ok. Kori has been doing a fine job of closing these dumbass threads.

Rogue
01-13-2009, 09:13 AM
I hate to say it but the truth tells us everything even if no one says it. The spurs are not as good as they were, now even the rockets and hornets are considered better than them. Their four rings have become history and now the only way in front them is just to rebuild their stained team. It's better to rebuild a team before it totally collapse than after acquiring the worst stats of the league.

anakha
01-13-2009, 09:21 AM
The spurs are not as good as they were, now even the rockets and hornets are considered better than them.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

ClingingMars
01-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Yes I know the Spurs are old and done. Every year is the same story yet they are always there in the end. Just ask New Orleans and Phoenix.

please listen to the Suns fans. sometimes I think they're better experts on the Spurs then us fans.

-Mars

ClingingMars
01-13-2009, 11:28 AM
I hate to say it but the truth tells us everything even if no one says it. The spurs are not as good as they were, now even the rockets and hornets are considered better than them. Their four rings have become history and now the only way in front them is just to rebuild their stained team. It's better to rebuild a team before it totally collapse than after acquiring the worst stats of the league.

when will Rogue stop with his idiocy?

-Mars

de Soto
01-13-2009, 11:40 AM
..let's eliminate the losses without Ginobili and/or Parker, since that's clearly the smart thing to do..

..choke jobs against Detroit and New Orleans, where we were clearly competitive and SHOULD have won..

..the other Orlando game being seriously altered by the officials..

Injuries...should have won...officials...

If the Spurs were the ONLY team affected by these ills, your argument would merit some consideration. But they aren't.

..nobody is saying our team is on the elite level, we definitely aren't at this point..but we can compete with the better teams..

I mostly agree there, I guess.

EricB
01-13-2009, 11:46 AM

vs. Dallas..OT win..

vs. Atlanta..win..

vs. Miami win..

Great points, this is a team that has only played together semi whole for about 2 weeks TOPS.

I think Ginobili is not all the way back yet hes still at 80% maybe.

The time to judge this team as always is in middle or end of march.

Even then its not a great indicator, IE, 2007.

EricB
01-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Go and cry.

Uhm, so your ok with the N word being dropped in this thread?

Doesn't speak alot to your standing my friend.

EricB
01-13-2009, 11:52 AM

The front court is just too weak.

Didn't you spout this same tired, and incorrect rhetoric in 2007?

Or are you gonna use excuses for why you were wrong then too?

EricB
01-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Injuries...should have won...officials...

If the Spurs were the ONLY team affected by these ills, your argument would merit some consideration. But they aren't.

I mostly agree there, I guess.

Name me another top team that didn't have their top 2 players for about 15 games?

Cry Havoc
01-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Name me another top team that didn't have their top 2 players for about 15 games?

Bobcats. :hat

rascal
01-13-2009, 12:24 PM

2007 is a long time ago in terms of the nba. Teams have changed since then and what worked then may not work now.

Do not look to the past as an indicator of future success. You will be disappointed if you really think the spurs are going to win this year with their current roster as it is.

The spurs caught breaks in the playoffs in 2007. They were not the best team going into the playoffs that year but were closer to being near the top in 2007 then they are now.

rascal
01-13-2009, 12:26 PM

Duncan is the top player.

HarlemHeat37
01-13-2009, 12:30 PM
that's irrelevant..

are you actually telling me that Orlando, Cleveland, LA and Boston would have the same records they do now if you took off Turkoglu, Nelson, Williams, Z, Gasol, Bynum, Allen, and Pierce? can you actually tell me that? Boston has been slumping WITH their guys, imagine without them for 15+ games..

rascal
01-13-2009, 12:33 PM

Didn't you say the Spurs would beat the Lakers in 2008?

rascal
01-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Uhm, so your ok with the N word being dropped in this thread?

Doesn't speak alot to your standing my friend.

Doesn't necessary mean someone is a racist. You don't know him neither do I.

What I do know is you do not agree with his basketball views so that plays into this whole racist accusation. Put the racist card away.

WayOutWest
01-13-2009, 12:49 PM
What I do know is you do not agree with his basketball views so that plays into this whole racist accusation. Put the racist card away.

After the comment he made how can you drop the racist card? His comment had NOTHING to do with basketball, all he did was drop the "N" word.

Don't know how you can defend that idiotic comment.

Cry Havoc
01-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Doesn't necessary mean someone is a racist. You don't know him neither do I.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3022963&postcount=55

Keep talking, rascal.

de Soto
01-13-2009, 01:23 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3022963&postcount=55

Keep talking, rascal.

"Just graduated"...hmmm...you didn't seem to LEARN anything, though.