PDA

View Full Version : STEELER vs. EAGLES - Superbowl XLIII

beefanus
01-12-2009, 02:04 PM
watch its gonna happen eagles will fly past the cards, & steelers will shoot down the ravens. that was my perdiction like 8 weeks back and its on a couple threads somewhere in here lol. but steelers will crush the dreams of old nab and westbrook wont even be a facter in the game, ben will play great and redeam himself, willie will get over 100 yards and atleast 1 td, ward will get a td or 2. I am perdicting 23-31 steelers :downspin:

florige
01-12-2009, 02:12 PM
watch its gonna happen eagles will fly past the cards, & steelers will shoot down the ravens. that was my perdiction like 8 weeks back and its on a couple threads somewhere in here lol. but steelers will crush the dreams of old nab and westbrook wont even be a facter in the game, ben will play great and redeam himself, willie will get over 100 yards and atleast 1 td, ward will get a td or 2. I am perdicting 23-31 steelers :downspin:

Typical Steelers fan, counting their eggs before they hatch. Don't get all excited because you guys beat up on that pussified San Diego team. I just hope the players think the same way their fans do....:toast

beefanus
01-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Typical Steelers fan, counting their eggs before they hatch. Don't get all excited because you guys beat up on that pussified San Diego team. I just hope the players think the same way their fans do....:toast
my eggs already hatched they hatched the second ben came on to that feild with willie and showed they r playing better than ever and r healthy that was the missing leank a great offence with a great defence and now they have it. its written is stone steelers-eagles superbowl 43 man it even sounds right!

J.T.
01-12-2009, 02:22 PM
This thread is going to be super relevant when the Ravens and Cardinals win next week.

monosylab1k
01-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Ravens are locks to win the AFC. Because Ravens vs. Cardinals/Eagles can be advertised as the "Bird Bowl" which will attract more women and people in California.

beefanus
01-12-2009, 03:06 PM
This thread is going to be super relevant when the Ravens and Cardinals win next week.
only in your dreams. wait, & watch.

monosylab1k
01-12-2009, 03:08 PM
After years of watching Tom Brady beat the piss out of the Steelers, all I ever saw was a bunch of despondent emo fat people in the stands at Heinz Field.

It wasn't until Brady got knocked out for a season that the Steeler fans exposed their own complete douchiness. They're worse than Charger fans.

bostonguy
01-12-2009, 05:30 PM
After years of watching Tom Brady beat the piss out of the Steelers, all I ever saw was a bunch of despondent emo fat people in the stands at Heinz Field.

It wasn't until Brady got knocked out for a season that the Steeler fans exposed their own complete douchiness. They're worse than Charger fans.

After they beat the Pats this year in Foxboro, their fans were talking all sorts of shit. It was almost like they were letting out years and years of Tom Brady misery out of their system. They were saying how Cassell is just as good as Brady due to the system etc etc. I know they were glad they avoided New England in 2006 and that Brady being out is a HUGE reason why the Pats didnt get to make it to postseason play. If there is one team Brady has owned, it's been the Steelers especially at Heinz.

JudynTX
01-13-2009, 09:19 AM
It's definitely possible for a Pennsylvania Super Bowl!

DBryant88
01-13-2009, 09:28 AM
It's definitely possible for a Pennsylvania Super Bowl!

this is the year of the underdog

pitt wins the AFC and Phili wins the NFC

pitt is going to be heavily favored but phili pulls the upset not as big as last year but its still an upset

pawe
01-13-2009, 12:14 PM
premature ejaculation thread.

sa_butta
01-13-2009, 12:19 PM
I have to agree with the thread title. I dont see the Ravens offense being enough to beat the Steelers. And the way Mcnabb has been playing I dont see the Cards stopping it.

xtremesteven33
01-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Eagles vs Steelers Superbowl would be sweet.

pawe
01-13-2009, 12:36 PM
I guess you havent seen Dominic Rogers-Cromartie defend huh.

Gotta give it to the QBs though, Mcnabb being benched and having a shitty season and Warner fighting for the starting position and playing time against a Hollywood Leinart.
And now, they're both 1 win away from being in Tampa.

florige
01-13-2009, 02:29 PM
I have to agree with the thread title. I dont see the Ravens offense being enough to beat the Steelers. And the way Mcnabb has been playing I dont see the Cards stopping it.

If Cam Cameron lets Flacco play the way he played the first game against the Steelers we will beat them. The Steelers beat us both times granted. But the first time was via a fg in OT, and the second time was a BS td call in Baltimore.
People keep thinking that Pittsburgh has this great offense playing against that pussy Chargers team. Parker WILL NOT run on us the way he ran against San Diego. It's just not gonna happen. The only thing that may screw us may be that Suggs, Rolle, and McClain are all banged up going into Sunday.

mytespurs
01-13-2009, 02:49 PM
If Cam Cameron lets Flacco play the way he played the first game against the Steelers we will beat them. The Steelers beat us both times granted. But the first time was via a fg in OT, and the second time was a BS td call in Baltimore.
People keep thinking that Pittsburgh has this great offense playing against that pussy Chargers team. Parker WILL NOT run on us the way he ran against San Diego. It's just not gonna happen. The only thing that may screw us may be that Suggs, Rolle, and McClain are all banged up going into Sunday.

I agree that the Steeler offense has struggled throughout the regular season and they may not run on the Ravens the way they did on the Chargers. But the Steelers have grinded out wins this season-not pretty ones but they win when they needed to.....and with the Rolle & possibly Suggs out for the game Sunday, how does that affect the Ravens "D"?
I'm leaning Steelers but it wouldn't shock me at all if the Ravens win. :king

florige
01-13-2009, 02:57 PM
I agree that the Steeler offense has struggled throughout the regular season and they may not run on the Ravens the way they did on the Chargers. But the Steelers have grinded out wins this season-not pretty ones but they win when they needed to.....and with the Rolle & possibly Suggs out for the game Sunday, how does that affect the Ravens "D"?
I'm leaning Steelers but it wouldn't shock me at all if the Ravens win. :king

Yeah that what I was saying, thats the only thing that will handicap us. We are in for a long afternoon if Suggs, Rolle, and Leonard are not playing. The Suggs thing will really hurt us because he is our main pass rusher, and is versatile enough to fall back into coverage. But they are mum on the status of those guys as of right now.

stretch
01-13-2009, 03:09 PM
I guess you havent seen Dominic Rogers-Cromartie defend huh.

He's pretty solid. Although I wonder where some people get the idea he is the best corner in the league...

ATRAIN
01-13-2009, 03:16 PM
He's pretty solid. Although I wonder where some people get the idea he is the best corner in the league...

Yeah you would know huh MR. Fitness Business man lmao

IronMexican
01-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Remember after week two everyone was calling the Eagles and Dallas the best in the NFC. 1 out of two ain't bad.

stretch
01-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Yeah you would know huh MR. Fitness Business man lmao

lol, obsessed

:rolleyes

stretch
01-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Remember after week two everyone was calling the Eagles and Dallas the best in the NFC. 1 out of two ain't bad.

And the crazy thing is, that the Eagles weren't playing nearly as well at the time, as they are now. Their defense is just NASTY. They have always had trouble stopping the run in the past under Jim Johnson, but this year... wow they simply have a brutal defense. Asante Samuel definitely helped that defense more than I expected. I've always called him overrated (mainly cuz idiots were saying he was either one of, or THE best corner in the league back when he was with the Pats, which he wasnt). He still isn't a great man defender, and benefits more when playing in zone and being allowed to jump routes more, but he has really helped improve that defense, since Lito Sheppard is so unreliable and always hurt.

Eagles look like they are on a mission and are playing harder than any other team in the playoffs right now. They remind me an awful lot of the Giants last year in the way that they are playing with so much determination, and their nasty defense.

IronMexican
01-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Sure hope so. You have to be a serious hater to root against McNabb.

monosylab1k
01-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally I was rooting for anybody but the Chargers, but now that's shifted to anybody but the Steelers.

tlongII
01-14-2009, 04:07 PM
The conference championship games should be great. I'm looking forward to this weekend more than the Super Bowl personally.

DBryant88
01-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Sure hope so. You have to be a serious hater to root against McNabb.

I definitely hate McNabb. I hope the cards crush them

even though it is highly unlikely

peewee's lovechild
01-14-2009, 08:29 PM

That would be fucking funny.

stretch
01-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Pretty much the only reason Cowboys fans hate McNabb is because he has completely owned their asses for basically his entire career.

IronMexican
01-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Remember that play he scrambled for 14 seconds, then threw a prefect strike to Fred Mitchell? That was cool.

ClingingMars
01-15-2009, 02:42 PM
this thread introduces the worst possible situation.

-Mars