PDA

View Full Version : tony parker has fired his agent

fred33
01-12-2009, 03:12 PM
mark fleisher is out. he has hired a CAA AGENT creative artist agency like his wife

de Soto
01-12-2009, 03:15 PM
First step toward becoming a Laker?

peskypesky
01-12-2009, 03:16 PM

could be. when is his contract up?

Kori Ellis
01-12-2009, 03:16 PM
:lmao

I don't know why anyone thinks Tony would want to be a Laker.

peskypesky
01-12-2009, 03:17 PM

on second thought, i agree with kori. if eva wasn't from texas, i think we'd be in more danger of losing Parker.

sonic21
01-12-2009, 03:21 PM
his priority is to stay with the spurs, but if it doesnt happen, he said he'd like to go to the east. new york (if the're good) is his second choice after the spurs.

George Gervin's Afro
01-12-2009, 03:22 PM

we could only hope so..

fred33
01-12-2009, 03:23 PM
i think the rumors of cheating are one reason . if parker leave the spurs he wants to play for the knicks (several interviews)

Kori Ellis
01-12-2009, 03:24 PM
i think the rumors of cheating are one reason . if parker leave the spurs he wants to play for the knicks (several interviews)

You think Parker switched his basketball agent because of rumors of cheating? :lmao

You read too many freakin tabloids.

Ditty
01-12-2009, 03:33 PM
ok the only reason parker would leave is if her and eva split up within his contract is up

of course would u want to be somewhere where everything would remind you of that special person

eva is from courpos and grew up a spurs fan she wouldnt go for any other team if parker would leave to anywhere else?

IMO

de Soto
01-12-2009, 03:34 PM

Fame and fortune. He'll have the second half of his life left when his NBA career is over. Tony doesn't strike me as a guy who wants to live on an ESPN gig or something.

kace
01-12-2009, 03:35 PM
ok the only reason parker would leave is if her and eva split up within his contract is up

i think the reading of this forum could make him think twice about some of his supposed fans and motivate him to leave also.

George Gervin's Afro
01-12-2009, 03:36 PM
i think the reading of this forum could make him think twice about some of his supposed fans and motivate him to leave also.

your right. we should just worship him.

Kori Ellis
01-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Fame and fortune. He'll have the second half of his life left when his NBA career is over. Tony doesn't strike me as a guy who wants to live on an ESPN gig or something.

He has fame and fortune already. And he has 10 years of basketball ahead of him. I don't think he's penciling himself in for a retirement gig anywhere.

Kori Ellis
01-12-2009, 03:37 PM
your right. we should just worship him.

No one should worship any basketball player. But the schtick is getting annoying on both sides.

de Soto
01-12-2009, 03:40 PM
He has fame and fortune already. And he has 10 years of basketball ahead of him. I don't think he's penciling himself in for a retirement gig anywhere.

Yes he does. But more is better. And not every top athlete is an idiot like Latrell Sprewell when it comes to planning their finances. His marital pick is IMO a clear indication that Tony is a financially savvy guy.

And the Lakers are not retirement for Tony but a stepping stone to post-NBA fame and fortune. He'll be in movies or the music biz, no doubt.

George Gervin's Afro
01-12-2009, 03:43 PM
No one should worship any basketball player. But the schtick is getting annoying on both sides.

I just get tired of people attacking other poster's for their criticism of parker. The guy is not perfect and makes a ton of mistakes yet when some of us bring it up we are told that we are haters and don't deserve to be Spurs fans.

Bruno
01-12-2009, 03:43 PM
I quite doubt that a showbiz agent will negotiate his NBA contracts.
IMO, the CAA agent will only do the ads contracts and Parker will have another agent for the NBA part (maybe he has kept Fleisher for that part).

Kori Ellis
01-12-2009, 03:44 PM
His marital pick is IMO a clear indication that Tony is a financially savvy guy.

What does picking Eva have to do with being financially savvy?

Pop says Tony is very financially savvy - especially with real estate, investments and things such as that. I guess I'll trust Pop on that one.

EricB
01-12-2009, 03:44 PM
This thread saddens me where these new posters have taken this site.

Kori Ellis
01-12-2009, 03:45 PM

I guess SpursTalk is beneath you now?

ClingingMars
01-12-2009, 03:45 PM

for real. Some of these newbies are just dumbasses - see the "Spurs aren't competitive" thread :lol

-Mars

Kori Ellis
01-12-2009, 03:46 PM
I just get tired of people attacking other poster's for their criticism of parker. The guy is not perfect and makes a ton of mistakes yet when some of us bring it up we are told that we are haters and don't deserve to be Spurs fans.

Well you aren't all haters. But there's some gross unfair criticism of Parker that goes on here from time to time (more often than not). And I think the other side is just sick of that too. Both sides need to get off it.

de Soto
01-12-2009, 03:51 PM
What does picking Eva have to do with being financially savvy?

Many NBA types would have chosen some younger bimbo who knows nothing besides shopping and clubbing and contributes nothing to the estate. Instead Tony picked an older woman but one who probably makes more money than Tony does. I call that financially savvy.

Pop says Tony is very financially savvy - especially with real estate, investments and things such as that. I guess I'll trust Pop on that one.

I didn't know that. But I trust Pop with most things.

EricB
01-12-2009, 03:53 PM
I guess SpursTalk is beneath you now?

Beneath me? Not at all.

These new posters and their absolute lunacy in this Parker stuff is just unreal.

Kori Ellis
01-12-2009, 03:54 PM
I didn't know that. But I trust Pop with most things.

Yeah Pop brought it up a few times in Tony's second year when he was talking about how smart Tony was in that respect as a rookie when he was first in San Antonio.

Hemotivo
01-12-2009, 03:57 PM
the new agent must be an "official agent" of the nba or fiba right?

de Soto
01-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Yeah Pop brought it up a few times in Tony's second year when he was talking about how smart Tony was in that respect as a rookie when he was first in San Antonio.

I don't know him but Tony comes across as a highly intelligent guy who keeps his feet on the ground despite his glamorous profession. And no, it is NOT the accent.:toast

Kori Ellis
01-12-2009, 04:00 PM
the new agent must be an "official agent" of the nba or fiba right?

I'm guessing the Creative Artists agent (like someone mentioned earlier in this thread) isn't a basketball agent. It's probably just his endorsement agent. But who knows.

ploto
01-12-2009, 04:02 PM
By hiring a Creative Artists agent he is either:

a. Looking to do more entertainment type work and this person will handle that aspect and Mark will still handle the NBA

or

b. He thinks he does not need a traditional NBA agent and that any future contract negotiations will be simple and he only needs an attorney to work out the legal details- like Tim does. Actually, that is more indicative of a plan simply to stay in SA.

Kori Ellis
01-12-2009, 04:05 PM
b. He thinks he does not need a traditional NBA agent and that any future contract negotiations will be simple and he only needs an attorney to work out the legal details- like Tim does. Actually, that is more indicative of a plan simply to stay in SA.

That's what I was thinking. He might just have a CA agent for endorsements and let an attorney like Babby handle his NBA contract.

It's cheaper for players to do what Tim does with Babby. Instead of getting the standard 4% of the contract value like a regular agent, the attorney just charges for the work done.

Bruno
01-12-2009, 04:08 PM
After checking, CAA isn't only an artist agency.
Leon Rose (Iverson and Lebron James' agent) is a member of CAA.

de Soto
01-12-2009, 04:15 PM
If he has hired a CAA agent he definitely is looking to do more commercials and possibly movies. Good move!

Since Manu got to play in the Olympics, I'm sure Tony will get the permission to do his own stunts.

I am thinking Tony Parker - Sûreté or something along those lines...:toast

Bruno
01-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Parker's new agent is Steven Heumann.

http://www.draftexpress.com/agents/Steven-Heumann-108/

Kori Ellis
01-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Parker's new agent is Steven Heumann.

http://www.draftexpress.com/agents/Steven-Heumann-108/

He probably picked him since he's Sean Marks' agent. :downspin:

jack sommerset
01-12-2009, 04:29 PM
I can see Parker bolting after contract ends. Duncans probably going to retire 2012. Pop even says he will retire when Duncan is done playing. If Parker has options to go to Lakers or even the Clippers I say he will jet in a heart beat. When Duncan is gone nobody is going to want to be in SA. They have a hard time getting big time free agents as is.

Brazil
01-12-2009, 04:48 PM
If you guys dont want Parker, we will give you Fish and Farmer for him. Parker is money.

Fortunately that some laker fans show some love to TP on this board... but come on fish and farmer for TP :lol

tlongII
01-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Well you aren't all haters. But there's some gross unfair criticism of Parker that goes on here from time to time (more often than not). And I think the other side is just sick of that too. Both sides need to get off it.

Man! You act like you own the site or something! Who made you boss???

bigfish22
01-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Does anyone ever start rumors of him going to New Orleans? I mean, he is French (just as believable as him going to Hollywood)

tp2021
01-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Man! You act like you own the site or something! Who made you boss???

For all the new posters: tlong is being sarcastic. She is the owner and boss.

Spurs Brazil
01-12-2009, 05:02 PM
He probably picked him since he's Sean Marks' agent. :downspin:

Tony made a great choice. Marks sucks but his agent found a way to keep hin in the NBA for 9-10 years:lol

de Soto
01-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Does anyone ever start rumors of him going to New Orleans? I mean, he is French (just as believable as him going to Hollywood)

French is NOT the same as criminal trash. :lmao

tp2021
01-12-2009, 05:06 PM

:ban:

WalterBenitez
01-12-2009, 05:08 PM

Eva?? :oops

de Soto
01-12-2009, 05:09 PM

Up yours! Read the crime reports before posting your idiotic responses.

de Soto
01-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Eva?? :oops

Leave Eva out of this. Tony is his own man.

SpursIndonesia
01-12-2009, 06:25 PM

And many of us also tired of the way TP being singled out as the sole reason why the Spurs are sucking, while he actually doesn more good than harm at that particular moment.

Blame Tp when he has a bad game, like the first game in Orlando, but for last nite beat down, we should be thankful for his performance, for it has prevented us from being a laughing stock for the day, getting blown out at home because of a flukish 3pt shooting performance from the opponent team.

Yorae
01-12-2009, 08:43 PM
He's just pissed Manu is on HEB and he's not.

spursfan09
01-12-2009, 10:07 PM
He's just pissed Manu is on HEB and he's not.

:lol

yeah he also missed out on the Time Warner thing to.

tonylongoriafan
01-12-2009, 10:26 PM
eva is hot

TDMVPDPOY
01-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Leave Eva out of this. Tony is his own man.

his FRENCH man, they dont make their own decisions, look at the french president......:nope

tonylongoriafan
01-12-2009, 10:38 PM
tony mother bleepin' paker is the CORNERSTONE of this franchise...long after manu has lost all of his hair and timmy's ankles are jello, tp will still be driving the lane as a top 5 point guard in this league...

...dude is gonna command a upper level (near max deal) before we're done with him

Kindergarten Cop
01-12-2009, 10:42 PM
fucking towelheads

Like they say in Mexico: Fuck Jew!

Please don't ###### up this thread. Thank you.

A trend?:td

Man In Black
01-13-2009, 02:32 AM
And the Lakers are not retirement for Tony but a stepping stone to post-NBA fame and fortune. He'll be in movies or the music biz, no doubt.

C'mon...not every true NBA Star is into being in the Movies. Ever seen Kobe in 1? Ask Kobe how it felt when K.O.B.E was shelved by the record company due to projected low sales?
Any real star, other than Dr. J and that Fish That Saved Pittsburgh movie and then anything the Big Cactus made in the 90's, and of course Basketball Jesus, no other NBA star has really done anything in LA.

tp2021
01-13-2009, 02:41 AM
C'mon...not every true NBA Star is into being in the Movies. Ever seen Kobe in 1? Ask Kobe how it felt when K.O.B.E was shelved by the record company due to projected low sales?
Any real star, other than Dr. J and that Fish That Saved Pittsburgh movie and then anything the Big Cactus made in the 90's, and of course Basketball Jesus, no other NBA star has really done anything in LA.

What about Ray Allen in He Got Game?

bigfish22
01-13-2009, 03:10 AM
^ He was pretty bad in that. Denzel carried that entire move and Spike did the rest.

Other NBA notable big screen garbage jobs:

Shaq in "Kaazaam"
Muresean in "My Giant"
Jordan in "Space Jam"
Rodman in "Double Team"

tp2021
01-13-2009, 03:17 AM
Well I never saw it. Just thought I would mention it.

stéphane
01-13-2009, 09:00 AM
his FRENCH man, they dont make their own decisions, look at the french president......:nope

:rollin
Post of the day. Just hope for you it's sarcastic :downspin:

de Soto
01-13-2009, 11:30 AM

If Marvin Hagler did it...and Brian Bosworth :lol...no reason Tony cannot do one better. Especially since his wife is already in the Biz.

de Soto
01-13-2009, 11:32 AM
A trend?:td

I'm looking for the "bitchslappie" but cannot find it.:(

ClingingMars
01-13-2009, 11:38 AM

tp2021
01-13-2009, 11:46 AM
If Marvin Hagler did it...and Brian Bosworth :lol...no reason Tony cannot do one better. Especially since his wife is already in the Biz.

IIRC didn't someone post a clip of Tony in a crappy French parody-movie or something?

mathbzh
01-13-2009, 11:47 AM

Maybe he reads SpursTalk threads about him and wants better fans :rolleyes

de Soto
01-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Maybe he reads SpursTalk threads about him and wants better fans :rolleyes

Good fans are OBJECTIVE, not pathetic ass-kissers.

Cry Havoc
01-13-2009, 12:05 PM

Dr. Gonzo
01-13-2009, 12:12 PM
^ He was pretty bad in that. Denzel carried that entire move and Spike did the rest.

Other NBA notable big screen garbage jobs:

Shaq in "Kaazaam"
Muresean in "My Giant"
Jordan in "Space Jam"
Rodman in "Double Team"

You forgot Malik Sealy in Eddie and Kareem in Airplane!.

ClingingMars
01-13-2009, 12:13 PM
You forgot Malik Sealy in Eddie and Kareem in Airplane!.

Kareem was hilarious.

Joey: Wait a minute. I know you. You're Kareem Abdul-Jabar. You play basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers.
Roger Murdock: I'm sorry son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.
Joey: You are Kareem. I've seen you play. My dad's got season tickets.
Roger Murdock: I think you should go back to your seat now Joey. Right Clarence?
Captain Oveur: Nahhhhhh, he's not bothering anyone, let him stay here.
Roger Murdock: But just remember, my name is ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot.
Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense. And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.
Roger Murdock: The hell I don't. LISTEN KID. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.

-Mars

m33p0
01-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Airplane! is downright stupidly hilariously. the only movie more stupidly hilarious is History by Mel brooks. :lmao

Indazone
01-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Parker is not going anywhere. His heart belongs to Eva and San Antonio

de Soto
01-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Parker is not going anywhere. His heart belongs to Eva and San Antonio

Thank you for your assurances, Eva.:lol

Josepatches_
01-13-2009, 06:33 PM
We don't know why but obviously there is a reason to fire his agent.That's true.
And I guess it's true too TP wants more money.He deserves it.He is playing like an all star at least since 2006.So if SA is not going to pay him the money he want then he will go.It's simple.It's his future and the future of his family.

Lady M
01-13-2009, 06:52 PM
TP always say he want a winning team
he hates loses

BRHornet45
01-13-2009, 09:23 PM
sons Parker and Eva will eventually divorce. there is no way around it. the only reason they are still together is because they are both on top of their game right now. wait a few years down the road whenever Desperate Housewives is off the air and Eva is stuck doing next to nothing other than a few infomercials and C-List movies. In the meantime, Parker will still be balling it up in the NBA making 10-15 million per year. He will easily be worth 3 or 4 times what Eva will be worth and she will know that it is time to "Cash in". she will take him to the cleaners getting at least half of HIS money because his dumbass didn't get a prenup and he will be out of San Antonio.

Yorae
01-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Wow I never thought we have a seer in ST.