PDA

View Full Version : Top 40 Upcoming Moves of 2009

mexicanjunior
01-12-2009, 05:26 PM
http://movies.aol.com/movie-photo/best-movies-of-2009

40. 'Race to Witch Mountain'

Release Date: March 13

Starring: Dwayne Johnson, Carla Gugino, AnnaSophia Robb

Why It'll Be Big: The Rock kicks off a trifecta of 2009 family flicks (along with 'Tooth Fairy' and the animated 'Planet 51'; that's what happens when 'The Game Plan' makes $90 mil) with this reimagining of the classic Disney flick 'Escape to Witch Mountain.' Think 'Day the Earth Stood Still' ... for kids.

39. 'Duplicity'

Release Date: March 20

Starring: Julia Roberts, Clive Owen, Paul Giamatti

Why It'll Be Big: Julia Roberts hasn't headlined a movie since the last time she co-starred alongside Clive Owen, in the '04 romantic drama 'Closer.' This time it's a crowd-pleasing spy thriller -- but with 'Michael Clayton' director Tony Gilroy, and awards-nominated actors Giamatti and Tom Wilkinson, it may even please a more discerning crowd: the critics.

38. '2012'

Release Date: July 10

Starring: John Cusack, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Amanda Peet

Why It'll Be Big: According to an ancient Mayan prophecy, the world will implode in 2012, so you'll want to know what to expect when all hell breaks loose. Director Roland Emmerich's a wiz when it comes to over-the-top disaster flicks, so plan on floods, molten lava and mass hysteria.

37. 'He's Just Not That Into You'

Release Date: Feb. 6

Starring: Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Aniston, Scarlett Johansson

Why It'll Be Big: First a 'Sex and the City' catchphrase and then a book, it's now a ridiculously star-studded romantic comedy (it also features Jennifer Connelly, Ben Affleck, Justin Long and Ginnifer Goodwin) about men and women trying to understand each other. We're into that.

36. 'Hannah Montana: The Movie'

Release Date: April 10

Starring: Miley Cyrus, Billy Ray Cyrus, Emily Osment

Why It'll Be Big: Her Disney TV show, the concert mega-tour and an arsenal of branded products -- Miley Cyrus and her alter-ego Hannah Montana hold the monopoly on the coveted 'tween market. Racy pics or not, Miley's first big screen leading role will be huge.

35. 'Land of the Lost'

Release Date: June 5

Starring: Will Ferrell, Anna Friel, Danny R. McBride

Why It'll Be Big: Based on the classic Sid and Marty Krofft kitschy TV show, the modernized big-screen reimagining will draw the series' cult audience, as well as fans of Ferrell comedies. Plus, Sleestaks are totally the new Gremlins.

34. 'I Love You, Man'

Release Date: March 20

Starring: Paul Rudd, Jason Segel, Rashida Jones

Why It'll Be Big: Thanks to 'Role Models' and 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall,' Rudd and Segel are currently two of comedy's hottest commodities. As newfound BFFs who can't get enough of each other, this one has "hit bromance" written all over it.

33. 'Fame'

Release Date: Sept. 25

Starring: Kelsey Grammer, Bebe Neuwirth, Debbie Allen

Why It'll Be Big: Irene Cara wasn't kidding when she said those kids were gonna live forever. (And learn how to fly ... high!) This remake of the 1980 musical brings back Debbie Allen -- as the principal this time -- and introduces us to a whole new crop of fresh-faced unknowns. Baby, remember their names.

32. 'Amelia'

Release Date: Oct. 23

Starring: Hilary Swank, Richard Gere, Ewan McGregor

Why It'll Be Big: Double Oscar winner Swank stars in this biopic of the original female high flyer, with Gere as her older, Svengali-like hubby and McGregor as her lover. Award-nominated director Mira Nair brings the star-studded -- and long awaited -- story to the screen.

31. 'A Christmas Carol'

Release Date: Nov. 6

Starring: The voices of Jim Carrey, Gary Oldman, Robin Wright Penn

Why It'll Be Big: An animated retelling of Charles Dickens' classic tale, the Bob Zemeckis film makes use of Carrey's malleable pipes to bring to life Ebeneezer Scrooge -- as well as the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future -- and promises holiday entertainment for the whole family.

30. 'The Informant'

Release Date: Sept. 18

Starring: Matt Damon, Scott Bakula

Why It'll Be Big: Matt Damon packed on the pounds to play the eponymous whistle-blower in this based-on-real-life drama. The actor's proved his on-screen appeal as buff spy Jason Bourne, trying to uncover the secrets of his own agency -- will he have as much heat as an overweight exec trying to bring down his own company by revealing its secrets?

29. 'Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience'

Release Date: Feb. 27

Starring: Joe Jonas, Nick Jonas, Kevin Jonas

Why It'll Be Big: Tween girls will go to the ends of the earth to see the Jonas Brothers do, well, just about anything. So there'll be squeals of delight when clips from the boys' sold-out tour and backstage adventures land on the big screen -- in dreamy 3D, no less. And who knows, maybe there'll be a re-enactment of the infamous break-up-by-text-message for a little drama.

28. 'The Soloist'

Release Date: April 24

Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Jamie Foxx, Catherine Keener

Why It'll Be Big: Tear-jerking true story? Got it. One of the most versatile actors of our time? Downey's in. Another dramatic role for Oscar-winning Foxx? It's about time. Despite a pushed release date taking the movie out of '08 Oscar contention, the buzz around this remains strong.

27. 'The Taking of Pelham 123'

Release Date: July 24

Starring: Denzel Washington, John Travolta, James Gandolfini

Why It'll Be Big: This remake of the 1974 thriller, in which a NYC subway train is hijacked, feeds into both nostalgia and the current state of the world. Coupled with the one-two punch of an A-list cast, 'Pelham 123' should fill the summer void when it comes to thoughtful movie fare.

26. 'G.I. Joe'

Release Date: Aug. 7

Starring: Dennis Quaid, Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans

Why It'll Be Big: You knew once 'Tranformers' hit the big screen, it was only a matter of time before the Real American Heroes followed (where you at, My Little Pony?). The Hasbro toys come alive in the form of an eclectic cast, with 'Mummy' vet Stephen Sommers pulling the strings.

25. 'Funny People'

Release Date: July 31

Starring: Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, Leslie Mann

Why It'll Be Big: Most of us decided NOT to mess with 'Zohan,' Judd Apatow's first teaming with Sandler, but their follow-up (about the stand-up comedy circuit) sounds more promising. And while Sandler and Rogen naturally fit the titular (heh) description, we're most excited to see action-drama pro Eric Bana shoot for laughs.

24. 'Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs'

Release Date: July 1

Starring: The voices of Ray Romano, John Leguizamo, Queen Latifah

Why It'll Be Big: 'Dinosaurs,' or as we like to call it, 'Ice Age 3,' follows in the frozen -- yet massively hot, in terms of box office dollars -- footsteps of its two animated descendants. Though not historically accurate, this franchise continues to evolve as an undersung mega-hit, so, barring an unforeseen disaster, expect to one day see 'Ice Age: Rise of the Mega Malls.'

23. '17 Again'

Release Date: April 17

Starring: Zac Efron, Matthew Perry, Leslie Mann

Why It'll Be Big: Efron sheds his 'HSM' Wildcat jersey (and his 'tween castmates) to play the teen version of a man who gets to re-live his youth in this 'Big'-like comedy. No song and dance numbers, but he does get to make out with a hot babe: Mann plays the wife of his future self.

22. 'The Wolf Man'

Starring: Benicio Del Toro, Anthony Hopkins, Emily Blunt

Why It'll Be Big: This remake of the 1941 flick of the same name finds Benicio Del Toro at his scariest (and hairiest). Fun fact: Oscar-winning visual effects artist Rick Baker, who handled the movie's makeup, cites the original 'Wolf Man' as his career inspiration.

21. 'Where the Wild Things Are'

Release Date: Oct. 16

Starring: Benicio Del Toro, Paul Dano, Catherine Keener

Why It'll Be Big: Maurice Sendak's beloved children's book finally hits the big screen in a live-action movie directed by wunderkind Spike Jonze and co-written by Dave Eggers. If anybody can bring a forest full of monsters to life, it's those two.

20. 'Year One'

Release Date: June 19

Starring: Michael Cera, Jack Black, Olivia Wilde

Why It'll Be Big: Comedic actors from opposite ends of the spectrum, the over-the-top Black and the understated Cera play brothers in a primitive village sent on "an epic journey through an ancient world." Sounds a bit like '10,000 BC,' only with laughs that are intentional.

19. 'Shutter Island'

Release Date: Oct. 2

Starring: Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo, Ben Kingsley

Why It'll Be Big: You could say things went pretty well the last time Leo and director Martin Scorsese collaborated: 'The Departed' grossed $132 million and won Best Picture at the Oscars. Here, DiCaprio and Ruffalo are U.S. Marshals searching for an escaped mental patient.

18. 'Monsters vs. Aliens'

Release Date: March 27

Starring: The voices of Reese Witherspoon, Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd

Why It'll Be Big: When aliens invade, the fate of the Earth lies in the hands ... err, paws? ... of a cadre of monsters that the government has secretly been holding captive. But what really gets us psyched about this 3-D animated movie is the prospect of Stephen Colbert as president of the United States. Finally!

17. 'Angels & Demons'

Release Date: May 15

Starring: Tom Hanks, Ewan McGregor, Ayelet Zurer

Why It'll Be Big: Tom Hanks and his hair return to play symbologist Robert Langdon in this sequel to Dan Brown's 'The Da Vinci Code'; Ron Howard will again direct. And while there's no predicting how 'Angels' will do, its predecessor made more than $200 million at the box office. We think it's a sign.

16. 'New Moon'

Release Date: Nov. 20

Starring: Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson

Why It'll Be Big: 'Twilight' was barely in theaters when this sequel was greenlit. Despite mixed reviews, the original raked in cash, so Bella and the boys will rise again. This time, she's separated from her vampire love and falls for a werewolf. A new director (Chris Weitz) and intricate storyline should give the franchise new bite.

15. 'The Road'

Release Date: TBA

Starring: Viggo Mortensen, Charlize Theron, Robert Duvall

Why It'll Be Big: Right up until mid-October, this dark post-apocalyptic drama based on the bestselling novel by Cormac McCarthy ('No Country for Old Men') was being mentioned as a likely Oscar contender. Then it was pushed. We'll look at the bright side: Now we have time to re-read the book.

14. 'Sherlock Holmes'

Release Date: Nov. 20

Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, Rachel McAdams

Why It'll Be Big: After 'Iron Man' and 'Tropic Thunder,' we're confident Downey can do anything -- and "anything" certainly includes playing the iconic Victorian sleuth. Law tags along as Holmes' trusty aide Watson, and Guy Ritchie directs. Will this movie rock us to the tips of our deerstalker caps? It's elementary.

13. 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen'

Release Date: June 26

Starring: Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel

Why It'll Be Big: When the Decepticons attack, Sam (LaBeouf) and the Autobots defend Earth, again. A bigger budget means grandiose special effects, more robot battles and cool new Transformers, including one that's made up of other robots. With money to burn, there's even a battle royale in Egypt.

12. 'Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian'

Release Date: May 22

Starring: Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Robin Williams

Why It'll Be Big: Stiller's first go-round with museum pieces coming to life scored big at the box office with families, and his second 'Night' looks to be even more monumental. Amy Adams joins as popular aviatrix Amelia Earhart (who gets her own, Hilary Swank-starring biopic this year too), while Wilson, Williams and Steve Coogan are back for 'Battle.'

11. 'The Lovely Bones'

Release Date: Dec. 11

Starring: Rachel Weisz, Mark Wahlberg, Saoirse Ronan

Why It'll Be Big: 'LOTR' director Peter Jackson makes his much-anticipated return to the big screen with this adaptation of the mega-bestselling novel told from the perspective of a murdered young girl. Oscar-nominated teen Ronan stars, with Oscar-winning Weisz as the mother whose life is upturned; Wahlberg plays the dead girl's dad.

10. 'Up'

Release Date: May 29

Starring: The voices of Ed Asner, Christopher Plummer, John Ratzenberger

Why It'll Be Big: An elderly man hitches his house to a slew of balloons and sails away to South America, only to find he's got an 8-year-old stowaway on board. Oh, did we mention it's a Pixar movie (and -- shocker -- gorgeous, to boot)? Yeah, it'll be big.

9. 'Inglourious Basterds'

Release Date: Aug. 21

Starring: Brad Pitt, Diane Kruger, Eli Roth

Why It'll Be Big: Normally we'd be suspicious of anything releasing in late August, Hollywood's equivalent of the 90%-off bin. But this is Quentin Tarantino's first stand-alone feature since 'Kill Bill: Vol. 2,' and stars Pitt, who attracts the world's best scripts. To top it off, it's about gruesomely killing Nazis. Who doesn't like that?

8. 'Avatar'

Release Date: Dec. 18

Starring: Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, Zoe Saldana

Why It'll Be Big: NOT a big screen version of the popular kids' animated series, this is instead James Cameron's foray into action-packed 3D (he's previously done two 3D documentaries), about humans who face off against an alien civilization. Cameron also wrote the story for this sci-fi adventure; once when he did that, we got a little franchise called 'Terminator' -- remember it?

7. 'Public Enemies'

Starring: Johnny Depp, Christian Bale, Marion Cotillard

Why It'll Be Big: Michael Mann directs this dramatization of the real story of John Dillinger's hunt and capture by the FBI in the crime-ridden '30s. With Depp as Dillinger and Bale as Melvin Purvis, the agent after him, this celluloid tale of cops and robbers will steal ladies' hearts as well as the attention of all the men.

6. 'Star Trek'

Release Date: May 8

Starring: Zachary Quinto, Chris Pine, Eric Bana

Why It'll Be Big: There've been 10 'Star Trek' movies before this one, but J.J. Abrams' is the first one we've been excited about in a long, long time. A prequel to the original TV series, the film stars Chris Pine as a young James T. Kirk, and Zachary Quinto as a young Spock. Wait, Sylar from 'Heroes' as a good guy? Highly illogical.

5. 'Watchmen'

Release Date: March 6

Starring: Patrick Wilson, Billy Crudup, Jackie Earle Haley

Why It'll Be Big: The long-anticipated adaptation of Alan Moore's book -- hailed as one of the most influential graphic novels of all time -- has fanboys chomping at the bit, and director Zack Snyder ('300') clearly knows how to bring comics to the big screen. Who watches the 'Watchmen'? In '09, almost everybody ... if it gets released, that is. Fox and Warners are currently locked in a court battle over the movie's fate.

4. 'Bruno'

Release Date: May 15

Starring: Sacha Baron Cohen

Why It'll Be Big: Bruno, Baron Cohen's most flamboyant 'Ali G Show' character, is sure to get as many lawsuits as laughs, not unlike Cohen's last original character on the big screen, 'Borat.' But really -- who can resist a gay European in a mesh tank top and leather cap?

3. 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'

Release Date: May 1

Starring: Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Ryan Reynolds

Why It'll Be Big: After a disappointing 'Last Stand,' the 'X-Men' franchise could use a new beginning, and the first trailer is excellent. Look for this prequel to kick off summer with a bang -- and finally answer the question, just how did Logan get those massive mutton-chops?

2. 'Terminator Salvation'

Release Date: May 22

Starring: Christian Bale, Sam Worthington, Bryce Dallas Howard

Why It'll Be Big: It's the fourth installment in 'Terminator' franchise, starring Christian Bale -- why won't it be big? Set in 2018, we finally see the war between man and machine that led to the original movie's storyline. While Arnold is missing (though a cameo is rumored), there'll be plenty of time to reboot his role, as 'Salvation' kicks off a trilogy.

1. 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince'

Release Date: July 17

Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson

Why It'll Be Big: 'Potter' heads were none too pleased when 'Prince' was pushed from fall '08 to summer '09 -- and 'Twilight' attempted to fill the void. So this installment -- which finds Harry taking one giant step closer to his showdown with Voldemort -- probably ranks as the most highly anticipated 'Potter' yet.

These do anything for you guys?

phyzik
01-12-2009, 05:38 PM
I want to see Star Trek, looks good.

CuckingFunt
01-12-2009, 05:42 PM
I've been curious about Where the Wild Things Are, Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes, Inglorious Bastards, and Watchmen for a while, so those are at the top of my 2009 list. There are several others on this list that are interesting, mostly based on the people involved, and the preview for Duplicity looked fun.

balli
01-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Avatar's been on my radar for awhile.

It doesn't surprise me that they made The Roadinto a movie. Haven't read it yet, but I've toyed with the idea and reviews enough times that I might as well have. Hope they did a good job, given it's acclaim.

I think I'm really going to dig Where the Wild Things Are.

The Rock's a cool actor. I'm seriously way down. He should do moderately less family stuff though.

IronMexican
01-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Watchmen is all I want to see. It's pretty cool they got a Smashing Pumpkins song on the previews, too.

CuckingFunt
01-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Up is also appealing, just because I'm a Pixar nerd.

TwAnKiEs
01-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Transformers, hopefully, will be epic.

Now when's Cloverfield 2 coming out....

BacktoBasics
01-12-2009, 05:51 PM
One or two might be decent. Nothing really jumps out at me.

BacktoBasics
01-12-2009, 05:52 PM
I want to see Star Trek, looks good.I'm lost on this one. I don't get the scenes with an emotional angry Spock. Highly illogical.

stretch
01-12-2009, 05:55 PM
X-Men and Terminator

balli
01-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Up is also appealing, just because I'm a Pixar nerd.

Initially I wasn't too intrigued by the early glimpses of its characters, but I like the premise and also defy myself to watch any Pixar film (Incredibles excluded) and not thoroughly enjoy it. In that sense, I'm expecting a lot. Pixar FTW.

EricB
01-12-2009, 06:09 PM
7. 'Public Enemies'

Starring: Johnny Depp, Christian Bale, Marion Cotillard

Why It'll Be Big: Michael Mann directs this dramatization of the real story of John Dillinger's hunt and capture by the FBI in the crime-ridden '30s. With Depp as Dillinger and Bale as Melvin Purvis, the agent after him, this celluloid tale of cops and robbers will steal ladies' hearts as well as the attention of all the men.

This movie has win written all over it.

Lord Voldemort
01-12-2009, 06:26 PM
1. 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince'

Release Date: July 17

Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson

Why It'll Be Big: 'Potter' heads were none too pleased when 'Prince' was pushed from fall '08 to summer '09 -- and 'Twilight' attempted to fill the void. So this installment -- which finds Harry taking one giant step closer to his showdown with Voldemort -- probably ranks as the most highly anticipated 'Potter' yet.Why would you want to watch a movie about a little git like Potter?

sonic21
01-12-2009, 07:16 PM
noooooo there's an harry potter movie
i'll have to see it 10x with my niece.

pkbpkb81
01-12-2009, 08:02 PM
G.I JOE and where the wild things are are the two that jumped out at me

Udokafan05
01-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Ice Age is the best animated movie of all time. The second wasnt nearly as good.
'Public Enemies' and 'The Taking of Pelham 123' also look good.

CubanMustGo
01-12-2009, 09:17 PM
35. 'Land of the Lost'

Release Date: June 5

Starring: Will Ferrell, Anna Friel, Danny R. McBride

Why It'll Be Big: Based on the classic Sid and Marty Krofft kitschy TV show, the modernized big-screen reimagining will draw the series' cult audience, as well as fans of Ferrell comedies. Plus, Sleestaks are totally the new Gremlins.

What cult audience? 57 people without a life comprise a cult these days?

ManuTP9
01-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Friday the 13th FTW! it comes out in FEB

DarkReign
01-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Sherlock Holmes, Terminator, XMen, Public Enemies, Up, Watchmen, The Road and Inglorious Basterds.

ATRAIN
01-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Watchmen is all I want to see. It's pretty cool they got a Smashing Pumpkins song on the previews, too.

Which Preview are you talking about the one I saw has Muse "Take a Bow" in it.

ATRAIN
01-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Wolverine, Watchmen, Terminator, Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter, GI Joe, Transformers, and Star Trek. Guess im a Sci Fi Dork.

mexicanjunior
01-13-2009, 10:50 AM
Which Preview are you talking about the one I saw has Muse "Take a Bow" in it.

I think the original trailer had the Pumpkins song...

R3orQKBxiEg

ATRAIN
01-13-2009, 11:15 AM
I cant see youtube at work, what song is it?

OK NM i found a site I could watch it at. Yeah its the End is the Beginning is the End. I like the Muse Trailer better.

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/watchmen/feature-trailer

sonic21
01-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Ice Age is the best animated movie of all time. The second wasnt nearly as good.

yes ice aged is a great animated movie.
he's in my top 3 behind lion king and toy story

ATRAIN
01-13-2009, 11:33 AM
WOW this looks horrible lol and Lana Lang is Chun Li

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/street-fighter-legend-chun-li/trailer

ATRAIN
01-13-2009, 11:36 AM
LMAO wtf

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/lesbian-vampire-killers/teaser-trailer

desflood
01-13-2009, 12:04 PM
For me:

Christmas Carol, Wolf Man, The Road, Transformers (yes, for real), Star Trek, Wolverine, Terminator, Watchmen, Half-Blood Prince, Up.

Of course, the hubby and kids probably will have entirely different ideas. I see Ice Age III in my future :grim:

MeIII
01-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Where The Wild Things Are was a badass book when I was a kid. One of the few I remember from back then.

I found The Road (the novel) to be rather boring, especially for a post-apocalyptic setting, but Viggo is perfect for the dad character. Can't wait for this one.

Also, The Rock could be THE #1 Action movie hero for this generation but he won't get the fuck away from Disney.

robino2001
01-13-2009, 01:00 PM
The main one on the list that I've been waiting quite some time for is Bruno - absolutely cannot wait for that one. Otherwise, I'll probably see most of these movies in 2010 when they come out on DVD and blockbuster sends them to my home.

Heath Ledger
01-13-2009, 05:17 PM
I just downloaded both the Wrestler and Gran Torino both were very good flicks.

Trainwreck2100
01-13-2009, 06:16 PM
All three of the animated ones listed look good.

JoeChalupa
01-13-2009, 06:28 PM
I just downloaded both the Wrestler and Gran Torino both were very good flicks.

NO more waiting for the DVD's for me. :tu Thanks to ballijuana and mouse.

kimberly2380
01-14-2009, 05:33 AM
http://movies.aol.com/movie-photo/best-movies-of-2009

These do anything for you guys?

ohhhhhhh!!! informative and i am going to send this link to my friends....thanksssss

angel_luv
01-14-2009, 11:40 AM
I want to see only four out of the 40 " must sees"

37. 'He's Just Not That Into You'

Release Date: Feb. 6

Starring: Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Aniston, Scarlett Johansson

Why It'll Be Big: First a 'Sex and the City' catchphrase and then a book, it's now a ridiculously star-studded romantic comedy (it also features Jennifer Connelly, Ben Affleck, Justin Long and Ginnifer Goodwin) about men and women trying to understand each other. We're into that.

33. 'Fame'

Release Date: Sept. 25

Starring: Kelsey Grammer, Bebe Neuwirth, Debbie Allen

Why It'll Be Big: Irene Cara wasn't kidding when she said those kids were gonna live forever. (And learn how to fly ... high!) This remake of the 1980 musical brings back Debbie Allen -- as the principal this time -- and introduces us to a whole new crop of fresh-faced unknowns. Baby, remember their names.

31. 'A Christmas Carol'

Starring: The voices of Jim Carrey, Gary Oldman, Robin Wright Penn

Why It'll Be Big: An animated retelling of Charles Dickens' classic tale, the Bob Zemeckis film makes use of Carrey's malleable pipes to bring to life Ebeneezer Scrooge -- as well as the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future -- and promises holiday entertainment for the whole family.

28. 'The Soloist'

Release Date: April 24

Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Jamie Foxx, Catherine Keener

Why It'll Be Big: Tear-jerking true story? Got it. One of the most versatile actors of our time? Downey's in. Another dramatic role for Oscar-winning Foxx? It's about time. Despite a pushed release date taking the movie out of '08 Oscar contention, the buzz around this remains strong.

E20
01-15-2009, 01:18 AM
They are remaking the orginal Friday the 13th.