PDA

View Full Version : Efrain Escudero...

TheTruth
01-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Sites are reporting that his first fight will be against Jeremy Stephens. What happened to giving the Tuf champ a can to start off his career. That will be a very tough fight for Efrain. No way can he stand with Stephens. I think this is a mistake.

djohn14
01-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Dana is still mad he beat Phillipe I guess.

Evan
01-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Sites are reporting that his first fight will be against Jeremy Stephens. What happened to giving the Tuf champ a can to start off his career. That will be a very tough fight for Efrain. No way can he stand with Stephens. I think this is a mistake.

$1000 said his management asked for it.

tlongII
01-12-2009, 06:50 PM
He's a tough kid. He'll be fine.

LEONARD
01-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Weed out the boring LnP guys...

oligarchy
01-12-2009, 07:25 PM

amen brother..

dbreiden83080
01-12-2009, 09:14 PM
amen brother..

Poor Efrain, no love..

angelbelow
01-13-2009, 01:59 AM
i underrated him against nover so I'll hold my judgement until after the fight, if its official.

desflood
01-13-2009, 08:21 AM
Obviously they don't want a repeat of Koscheck's early career. :lol There's a reason that guy is still so hated, even though his standup is obviously much improved.

Evan
01-13-2009, 08:27 AM
Obviously they don't want a repeat of Koscheck's early career. :lol There's a reason that guy is still so hated, even though his standup is obviously much improved.

which is why I can't understand why the WEC dissolved the heavier weight classes....

UFC is now such an elite org that the room to grow talent is shrinking.

dbreiden83080
01-13-2009, 04:52 PM

Big time. Great fighters are just stacked in every division..

jag
02-02-2009, 01:53 AM
which is why I can't understand why the WEC dissolved the heavier weight classes....

Zuffa is trying to use the WEC to open up lighter weight classes that aren't covered by UFC.

"UFC is now such an elite org that the room to grow talent is shrinking."

WEC fighters dont get enough exposure to warrant a monetary investment by Zuffa. The fact that the UFC is such an elite org means that they dont necessarily have to pay to develop young talent. Everyone knows the UFC has the primetime show and the primetime money...so the UFC knows they won't have a problem signing up and coming stars.

Guys like Mousasi, Alvarez and Overeem are perfect examples.

If Mousasi has a good showing on the next Affliction card, then you can expect the UFC to begin serious talks with him.