PDA

View Full Version : Mother Bitch!

jman3000
01-12-2009, 07:59 PM
I got the one thing that strikes more fear into a 360 owner than the RRoD... the fucking single flashing red light.

Not only are the E74 errors not covered under the 3 year warranty that Microsoft extended to the RRoD sufferers... but my 1 year warranty expired just a week ago, further making me pissed off.

So now I have 2 choices:

1: pay 94 bucks to get it fixed via microsoft

2: sell it on ebay for parts and buy an elite with the cash.

any suggestions how to get out of this shitty situation?

it's fixable with the towel trick... but only for a few days at a time... so im thinking if somebody wants a 360 and is willing to wrap it up for 30 minutes before every play, they might buy it from me for 75 or 100 bucks.

Mog
01-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Tell the folks at the plant that you sent them the 360 two weeks ago and you want to know why they have not called you back.

They will tell you to check at the post office and that they still will honor the warranty since you sent it in weeks ago.

jman3000
01-12-2009, 09:07 PM
You have to inform them that you're sending it in before you actually send it in... they would have records of any contact i had with them and my little lie would be quickly found out.

jman3000
01-12-2009, 09:10 PM
teehee... i towel tricked that mother fucker and now it's up and running.

PM5K
01-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Get an Elite, who wants a 20GB hard drive anyway, and it's more reliable...

BruceBowenFan
01-13-2009, 01:19 PM
i had the same problem with my old xbox. I did the towel trick twice and some how got the rrod, so if you do it a couple of more times there is a chance you could get rrod and then you can send it back.

TwAnKiEs
01-13-2009, 02:03 PM
sell it at a pawn shop..I think they will give you like $120 for it. pay the difference towards an elite... I found an elite for 319 at the pawn! lol

jman3000
01-13-2009, 02:47 PM
You can find some good deals on elites on craigslist... ive seen somebody getting rid of one for 300... so ill probably just towel trick it for a couple more weeks, then either pawn or ebay it.

Trainwreck2100
01-13-2009, 02:48 PM
teehee... i towel tricked that mother fucker and now it's up and running.

you're best bet is to towel trick it until you get the RROD like the other guy said

jman3000
01-13-2009, 02:53 PM
If I can get the RRoD within the next couple of weeks then ill go that route... but as it stands im using this as a good excuse to get an elite. we recently just got RB2 and I'm gonna need the extra space anyways seeing as how i was hovering around 1-2 gigs of free space on my 20.

PM5K
01-13-2009, 03:55 PM
That's what I did, I bought an Elite on Craigslist and then sold my Pro and it didn't cost me a dime because the Elite came with Rockband, after I sold Rockband and my Pro I had made up what I spent on the Elite, of course my Pro worked but I'm sure you can work out a good deal if you keep a close eye on Craigslist.

jman3000
01-13-2009, 04:17 PM
ugh... im seeing some elites on ebay up for auction with the E74 error... jesus christ if it happens to my 2nd system i might kill a bitch.

DannyT
01-13-2009, 04:26 PM
I have already replaced one system...if I feel that this next one (made in 2008) is going to die on me I am going to sell the shit and switch over to ps3...The more and more that I think about itthe 360 is starting to piss me off...the controlers have issues...like is I am in the menu and trying to scroll all the way down it will some how end up going to the right...I somehow adapted and invested into the 360 but I just cant take losing another one....

koriwhat
01-13-2009, 05:30 PM
I have already replaced one system...if I feel that this next one (made in 2008) is going to die on me I am going to sell the shit and switch over to ps3...The more and more that I think about itthe 360 is starting to piss me off...the controlers have issues...like is I am in the menu and trying to scroll all the way down it will some how end up going to the right...I somehow adapted and invested into the 360 but I just cant take losing another one....

mines been refurbished twice now but if it fails again within my warranty i will ask ms for a brand new one this time. and if that doesn't happen i will give up on the 360 altogether. so far this 360 is working fine since the last time i sent it in but who's to say for how long. this 360 was a 1st gen too. :depressed

it's all good though as long as i can play my nba2k9!

DarkReign
01-13-2009, 09:54 PM
I have a strange problem with my launch 360.

The disc tray scratches my discs! Or should I say, the lens scratches my disc.

Problem is, it only happens on one fucking game. Last Remnant. I play GTA4 and GOW2, etc...no scratches, no problems. This is the third time I have bought this game and just yesterday...yup, same scratch, same place on the disc.

I dont know wtf to do.

kcplayboi_26
01-13-2009, 11:29 PM
I got the one thing that strikes more fear into a 360 owner than the RRoD... the fucking single flashing red light.

Not only are the E74 errors not covered under the 3 year warranty that Microsoft extended to the RRoD sufferers... but my 1 year warranty expired just a week ago, further making me pissed off.

So now I have 2 choices:

1: pay 94 bucks to get it fixed via microsoft

2: sell it on ebay for parts and buy an elite with the cash.

any suggestions how to get out of this shitty situation?

it's fixable with the towel trick... but only for a few days at a time... so im thinking if somebody wants a 360 and is willing to wrap it up for 30 minutes before every play, they might buy it from me for 75 or 100 bucks.

i had the samething on mine, but i still went to the microsoft site and put that it gets rrod, they sent the box. and i got my new/refurbished xbox back. i had found on another forum online just to put it had rrod, goodluck

Brutalis
01-13-2009, 11:37 PM
People that buy Elites obviously don't use their brain.

-Microsoft Rep

(seriously)

kcplayboi_26
01-13-2009, 11:55 PM
People that buy Elites obviously don't use their brain.

-Microsoft Rep

(seriously)

my cousins elite has had rrod twice already, he has had it a little over a year

PM5K
01-14-2009, 12:34 AM
my cousins elite has had rrod twice already, he has had it a little over a year

No problems with mine and I've had it for a while, and as I mentioned it didn't cost me a penny more than a Pro...

BlackSwordsMan
01-14-2009, 12:42 AM
If you buy a new xbox look for the jasper model
you can google how to find a jasper model I missed out by a month and got a falcon model

jman3000
01-14-2009, 11:08 AM
i had the samething on mine, but i still went to the microsoft site and put that it gets rrod, they sent the box. and i got my new/refurbished xbox back. i had found on another forum online just to put it had rrod, goodluck

I was going to do that, but i read in another forum that if MS finds out you falsified the reason for sending it in that they charge you the 94 dollars anyway.

Now that school is in session i wont be playing as much as i did during the winter break... so towel trick will do for now.

TwAnKiEs
01-14-2009, 11:31 AM
I have a strange problem with my launch 360.

The disc tray scratches my discs! Or should I say, the lens scratches my disc.

Problem is, it only happens on one fucking game. Last Remnant. I play GTA4 and GOW2, etc...no scratches, no problems. This is the third time I have bought this game and just yesterday...yup, same scratch, same place on the disc.

I dont know wtf to do.

I believe MS has acknowledged this to be a factory defect and are honoring it under warranty. send it in and have it fixed\replaced

jman3000
01-14-2009, 03:17 PM
I just requested the shipping box from microsoft.. i lied about it having a rrod... but fuck it.. they should be held responsible for this shit in the first place. with a little luck i can get it to rrod on purpose.

BacktoBasics
01-14-2009, 04:41 PM
I got 150 trade in on my broken one. Thats not bad value if you planned on upgrading to an elite anyway.

Cry Havoc
01-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Condolences to those who are suffering RRoDs or other faults in their 360.

I think that, with the next generation of consoles, gamers should DEMAND that systems work and work properly. After you've invested a few hundred into games for the system of choice, you're locked in and have no ability to change, and that absolutely sucks.

I am a little more pleased at having a Ps3 after reading this, but I don't enjoy the fact that so many 360s are failing. When a huge proportion of gamers are shafted by this, we all lose, as an entire gaming community.

balli
01-14-2009, 05:07 PM
I am a little more pleased at having a Ps3 after reading this, but I don't enjoy the fact that so many 360s are failing. When a huge proportion of gamers are shafted by this, we all lose, as an entire gaming community.
Thanks dude. It sucks, because all things being equal I would like to own a ps3, but yeah, I do feel like I'm locked in to the 360 not only by the $500 worth of games I already own, but by the studios whose games I plan to play.

My 360's been flashing purple when I turn it on, for like 3 weeks now without RROD'ing, and the colors stay fucked for minutes until the GPU melts back into place. It's bullshit. And I'll buy another 360, because of what I have invested and I personally like their service/games too much. But still, it's bullshit and I'm pissed. I replaced my working launch series with this one not 6 months ago. Where the fuck is the accountability Microsoft?

And it's not even about the money. Fuck, I'll piss $200 bucks on another broken xbox, but I'd much rather pay $600, one time and get a product that works as long as I keep it.

koriwhat
01-14-2009, 05:13 PM
it pisses me off to think that when i bought my system it was $440 and it's fucked up twice now.... and now? now? now xbox's are 1/2 what i spent. it fuckin' blows.

jman3000
01-15-2009, 11:33 AM
i got it to rrod.

sweet.

resistanze
01-15-2009, 11:38 AM
:tu Good job.

MS had to find some way to fuck up a good system like the 360.