PDA

View Full Version : New Spanoulis HD Video! Plans On Spurs In Future

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-13-2009, 05:18 AM
Just want to say I get message in youtube new Spanoulis video was create. This one is in the HD so now fans here can get some better ability see what he can do. Also he still is very interest in try for Spurs after his PAO contract is over.

Now fans here can see more clear with better video just some of things he can do. This is just from maybe 10 or so games :rollin:downspin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akLWUwwiRik&fmt=22

thekingrobert
01-13-2009, 06:32 AM
we have G. Hill no need for him at all

DANILO DRASKOVIC
01-13-2009, 06:57 AM
why did he leave after one year?
It takes time, no matter how great you are

benefactor
01-13-2009, 07:54 AM
Too bad we already have two PG's that are better than him....

mrspurs
01-13-2009, 08:10 AM
Nice Video.

urunobili
01-13-2009, 08:15 AM
Well i wouldn't mind having Hill as a Combo G and play the 2 more if V-Span gets his game together and comes over... Mase will be more established with us to play Fin's role and Manu should get plenty of rest with Hill getting minutes over him...

mountainballer
01-13-2009, 08:32 AM
hey, only two new threads about the next meaningless highlights video about a player who isn't even in the NBA and also doesn't play a major role in Europe.
what if this Spanoulis was a somehow decent player? do you start a whole forum?

point is, Spanoulis is worse than ever. he currently isn't even a top 50 player in Europe. Panathinaikos fans start to pray to get rid of him, he's one of the most overpayed player in all Europe. he's the Steve Francis of Panathinaikos.

ah yes, the highlights........look almost as good as a highlight video from James White.

it's me
01-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Seriously….. who cares?????? Dude will never be a spur.

hater
01-13-2009, 09:38 AM
VSpan could come in and replace Vaughn as the bench warmer/assistant coach/waterboy.

Biggems
01-13-2009, 09:43 AM
bring him back......he can make Gyros and Lamb Kabobs for all the real players on the team.

yavozerb
01-13-2009, 09:44 AM
Not sure if the spurs still own this guys rights, but maybe we could trade his rights to the knicks. I could see him playing that style of ball.

mountainballer
01-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Not sure if the spurs still own this guys rights, but maybe we could trade his rights to the knicks. I could see him playing that style of ball.

he was waived on August 23rd 2007. no contract, no rights. luckily. we would need the rights for Splitter, Gist and 3 times Scola to escape this time.

wildbill2u
01-13-2009, 09:59 AM
By leaving the Spurs to return to Greece, he changed our draft requirements and we came up with George Hill. It may be too late for him to return to the Spurs if Pop thinks we have a good backup to Parker already.

He'd certainly have to take a backseat to Hill since he doesn't know the system, and he wasn't happy in Houston when he had to sit on the bench. Perhaps the window of his possible return to the NBA Spurs has closed.

timvp
01-13-2009, 10:01 AM
point is, Spanoulis is worse than ever. he currently isn't even a top 50 player in Europe. Panathinaikos fans start to pray to get rid of him, he's one of the most overpayed player in all Europe. he's the Steve Francis of Panathinaikos. I just looked at his stats and yeah they look pretty horrible. VSpan looks like he was a VBust of a signing for Pana.

*cue "the stat keeper is racist" rant"

EricB
01-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Enough of the greek Beno already.

ClingingMars
01-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Too bad we already have two PG's that are better than him....

+1

mountainballer
01-13-2009, 11:29 AM

what else. (likely one of those jewish trojan turks with american ancestors who seeks revenge that Ulysses f*cked Jacky K.)

Solid D
01-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Spanoulis and Splitter can stay in Europe, the way they are looking right now. If you saw Tiago on NBAtv the other day versus Lottomatica, he was just awful. He was a detriment to TAU in the last few minutes of regulation. He's a Big with nothing special to his game who fades in crunch time.

V-Span needs to show what he can do with adversity... learn how to be a leader and make his teammates better. I haven't seen that in him yet.

TwelveGs210
01-13-2009, 01:54 PM
i understand the bad blood with any player that "betrays" us and wants to play overseas, and i dont agree with it either, but i've watched him in the olympics and watched the vids online and he looks like a definite upgrade over vaughn, and most teams need 3 PG's anyway..but he aint gonna want to play for MLE considering people make him out to be a european steve nash..

Ocotillo
01-13-2009, 02:44 PM
i understand the bad blood with any player that "betrays" us and wants to play overseas, and i dont agree with it either, but i've watched him in the olympics and watched the vids online and he looks like a definite upgrade over vaughn, and most teams need 3 PG's anyway..but he aint gonna want to play for MLE considering people make him out to be a european steve nash..

^1

Billy doesn't see himself as a third string NBA point guard nor does he see himself making "scrub" money either. The Spurs have Hill, they have Parker, he would be nice to replace Vaughn with but he doesn't see himself in that light so he will never play for the Spurs.

PDXSpursFan
01-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Just want to say I get message in youtube new Spanoulis video was create. This one is in the HD so now fans here can get some better ability see what he can do. Also he still is very interest in try for Spurs after his PAO contract is over.

Now fans here can see more clear with better video just some of things he can do. This is just from maybe 10 or so games :rollin:downspin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akLWUwwiRik&fmt=22

Hill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spanoulis

it's me
01-13-2009, 03:05 PM
This guy never gets tired… I give him a 7 for his thread…. just for the motioning boobies

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-13-2009, 04:18 PM
hey, only two new threads about the next meaningless highlights video about a player who isn't even in the NBA and also doesn't play a major role in Europe.
what if this Spanoulis was a somehow decent player? do you start a whole forum?

point is, Spanoulis is worse than ever. he currently isn't even a top 50 player in Europe. Panathinaikos fans start to pray to get rid of him, he's one of the most overpayed player in all Europe. he's the Steve Francis of Panathinaikos.

ah yes, the highlights........look almost as good as a highlight video from James White.

You are idiot. First he plays all year with burst plantar fasciatis injury which 99% of all players would need season ending surgery with such injury. He also have badly hurt ankle similar to what Manu had earlier.

And if you really knew anything you would know that both Diamantidis and Jasikevicius no longer is point guards of PAO. Coach Obradovic told them officially now it is time for them to step aside and let Spanoulis control and run the team because he is the franchise player once Fragiskos Alvertis leaves.

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-13-2009, 04:20 PM

Actually Knicks have already contact him about be their point guard this was few weeks ago. He is mainly interest in Spurs though because he respect Popovich and he respect the players and championships.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Seriously….. who cares?????? Dude will never be a spur.

His agent.

C'mon people, KBP is obviously Vaginis' agent. ;)

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-13-2009, 04:23 PM
I just looked at his stats and yeah they look pretty horrible. VSpan looks like he was a VBust of a signing for Pana.

lol if you knew anything about Euroleague you would know

1. stats is way lower than NBA teams play 40 minute games and average score is 75 points per game

2. in team like PAO or CSKA stats is LOWER than any other clubs because teams play very slow and 10 players play in rotation

Manu or Parker would struggle very hard to get 12-15 points in team like PAO or CSKA

3. Assists are counted different in Europe Calderon was 2 assists per game in Euroleague. 4 assists per game in club like PAO in Euroleague is very rare number.

Ignignokt
01-13-2009, 04:24 PM
SAY NO TO SPANOCHA!

Brutalis
01-13-2009, 04:54 PM
He can keep his weak shit there. We got George Hill.

PDXSpursFan
01-13-2009, 06:18 PM
Span is where he belongs - in Europe. He had his chance in the NBA with Houston and couldn't even get into the rotation in front of a scrub like Luther Head

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Span is where he belongs - in Europe. He had his chance in the NBA with Houston and couldn't even get into the rotation in front of a scrub like Luther Head

This is nonsense. He was bench by Van Gundy for personal feud with coach. He is so superior to Luther Head what you say is just complete joke :lol

Luther Head can only stand still and take open shots. Spanouli is very skilled and gifted player and complete in his game.

PDXSpursFan
01-13-2009, 06:28 PM
This is nonsense. He was bench by Van Gundy for personal feud with coach. He is so superior to Luther Head what you say is just complete joke :lol

Luther Head can only stand still and take open shots. Spanouli is very skilled and gifted player and complete in his game.

You missed the point. If he couldn't cut Van Gundy's rotation against players like Luther Head then he doesn't belong to the NBA.

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-13-2009, 06:41 PM
You missed the point. If he couldn't cut Van Gundy's rotation against players like Luther Head then he doesn't belong to the NBA.

Idiot. He was bench for argument with the coach not for play.

Austin_Toros
01-13-2009, 07:08 PM
i hate this guy

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Agreed. Had he stayed last year I would have welcomed him with open arms, but bringing in V-Span now would hurt George's growth, Pop learned from his mistake with beno and is making sure he makes George a solid player, if not a future all star.(big if of course but he has shown great promise.

Spanoulis can play position 1 or 2.

mountainballer
01-15-2009, 04:30 AM
hey, another great Spanoulis game in the Euroleague last night!
4 points (zero FGs) in 20 minutes against one of the weakest teams in the competition. if Spanoulis didn't play against a amateur, who made his first Euroleague game ever and fouled him faster than Ian ever could, Spanoulis would not even go to the line and make some FT points. why not make a highlight video from that game?

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-15-2009, 12:30 PM
hey, another great Spanoulis game in the Euroleague last night!
4 points (zero FGs) in 20 minutes against one of the weakest teams in the competition. if Spanoulis didn't play against a amateur, who made his first Euroleague game ever and fouled him faster than Ian ever could, Spanoulis would not even go to the line and make some FT points. why not make a highlight video from that game?

You are obvious hater and moron. He was play with THIRD STRING of team and never hardly even have to take shot nor did Diamantidis for blow out win. Other team have zero chance to beat them they was let minor role players take more important role for experience you stupid idiot.