View Full Version : Spurs get another break against the Lakers

The_Game
01-13-2009, 09:56 AM
Sasha may be out due to back problems

so lakers will be without

Walton
Farmer

and might be without Odom and Sash

god if the spurs fail to win this then a trade really is needed.....

Bartleby
01-13-2009, 10:00 AM
I agree. We need to find a way to trade your sorry ass to another forum.

anakha
01-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Whatever you say, Laker fan.

timvp
01-13-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm surprised he hasn't gone to his "if there is a God, the Spurs will win" card.

anakha
01-13-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm surprised he hasn't gone to his "if there is a God, the Spurs will win" card.

Is this Spurs Dynasty 21?

That would explain a lot. :lol

I. Hustle
01-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Oh wow no Sasha?! We will definately win now. He is like the LeBron of their team.

raspsa
01-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Too bad.. was looking forward to manu vs The Machine.

sonic21
01-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Oh wow no Sasha?! We will definately win now. He is like the LeBron of their team.

well, according to lakers fan he owns Manu

WayOutWest
01-13-2009, 10:31 AM

LOL! You know all us Lakers fans were saying "why couldn't it have been Kobe!!!!".

With 1/3 of the squad out of commission, I think the Lakers are in for two Texas poundings, Colorado Hotel style.

TheMadHatter
01-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Well I think LAL beats HOU tonight (no Artest OR McGrady) but then loses tomorrow in hopefully a close game. I'll be happy going 1-1 on the Texas 2-step.

I. Hustle
01-13-2009, 10:52 AM
LOL! You know all us Lakers fans were saying "why couldn't it have been Kobe!!!!".

With 1/3 of the squad out of commission, I think the Lakers are in for two Texas poundings, Colorado Hotel style.

Lol

ClingingMars
01-13-2009, 11:17 AM

carib
01-13-2009, 11:20 AM
I say Lakers still find a way to put up a good fight

EricB
01-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Yeah no Jordan Farmer is just a critical back breaking piece to their team.

Luke Walton a player they hardly miss.

Odom and Sasha are the only pieces that hurt.

That being said if they are short Sasha, the Spurs do need to win.

That being said, a win and this game really means nothing in hindsight due to two key players for them missing.

This game will be taken in its importance way out of context IMO, and the reaction to a win or loss should be very highly tempered.

TheMadHatter
01-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Actually the only piece that doesn't hurt so bad is Farmar. Everyone else I wish would come back ASAP.

Walton - Not much of an offensive threat but he knows how to get the triangle working for the 1st unit better than anyone on the team. Defensively he sort of sucks on ISO matchups but in terms of team defense he is light years ahead of Radman. He never makes the idiotic mistakes of doubling down at the wrong times or leaving 3pt shooters wide open when you're up by 4.

Sasha - He puts the ball in the hoop better than anyone on the 2nd unit. Big scoring punch right there.

Odom - Defensively he is a huge piece. Allows the Lakers to guard mobile bigs and athletic PF's.

When you start losing 4-5 rotation players it REALLY takes it's toll. It's like an exponential effect for each guy that goes down. If you can't beat this dilapidated team that's playing a b2b on the road.....

xtremesteven33
01-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Lakers still have Kobe,Bynum,Gasol,Fisher, and Ariza.

If spurs win they still beat a team with its "big 3". Lakers fans think thier team is great. Lets see if they can pull this back 2 back. Great teams do those kinda things.

z0sa
01-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks everyone who said this is a "must-win" game. Now if we don't win, we're going to look uber-shitty.

EricB
01-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Lakers still have Kobe,Bynum,Gasol,Fisher, and Ariza.

If spurs win they still beat a team with its "big 3". Lakers fans think thier team is great. Lets see if they can pull this back 2 back. Great teams do those kinda things.

If they beat them its without 2 of their important role players.

It would be the same as the Spurs losing without Roger Mason and George Hill.

EricB
01-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Thanks everyone who said this is a "must-win" game. Now if we don't win, we're going to look uber-shitty.

Theres no such thing as a must win game in January.

de Soto
01-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Stupid thread. The breaks go both ways.

SenorSpur
01-13-2009, 12:00 PM
All Spur fans fear "THE MACHINE"

xtremesteven33
01-13-2009, 12:07 PM
If they beat them its without 2 of their important role players.

It would be the same as the Spurs losing without Roger Mason and George Hill.

If the Lakers win "What a great team! What a dominant big 3!"

If the Lakers lose "Well, they were injured"

like i said, GREAT TEAMS pull out victories like this. Jordans Bulls im sure have done it dozens of times.

z0sa
01-13-2009, 12:09 PM

Do you believe in jinxes?

ClingingMars
01-13-2009, 12:11 PM

m33p0
01-13-2009, 12:20 PM
I say Lakers still find a way to put up a good fight
underhanded teams most often do.

HarlemHeat37
01-13-2009, 12:23 PM
as long as they have Kobe and Gasol, they're always going to be tough to beat..

I was hoping they'd have Farmar and Walton though, since they both suck..Vujacic COULD be dangerous at times, but he hurts them when his shot is off, since he makes countless stupid plays(which is why PJ hates him)..

not having Odom is big though, since he's their sixth man..

they still have arguably the best player on the planet though, and they still have one of the better 2nd options in the NBA..

dbestpro
01-13-2009, 12:40 PM
That's like saying the Spurs will be without Ian, Hairston and Tolliver. So the Laker scrubs are hurt. Face it the Lalers are still a one player team. Take Kobe off the team and they are lottery bound. Put Kobe on any team in the league and they can make the playoffs. It is not about Laker basketball. It's all about Kobe basketball.

pawe
01-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Too bad, I want to see how Manu plays this year against the machine. Odom is always a matchup problem for the Spurs so w/o him i think the Spurs' chances tomorrow is looking good.

Baseline
01-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Lamar is the only one that really matters. He's capable of destroying the Spurs with his length. He's done it before.

I'm actually more afraid of a motivated Lamar than a motivated Bryant. Bryant is always motivated to score, but when Lamar really wants to play, he makes the Lakers really tough.

I wish he were playing, because I wantt he Spurs to see how difficult it will be to rebound with Gasol, Bynum, and Odom playing heavy minutes. We had a hard enough time in last year's playoff series against them and Bynum wasn't even in there.

Not that Bynum is that good - he's basically a spaz who will eventually get better. But Gasol is a great offensive player, and so is Odom when he shows up to play.

The_Game
01-13-2009, 01:22 PM
That's like saying the Spurs will be without Ian, Hairston and Tolliver. So the Laker scrubs are hurt. Face it the Lalers are still a one player team. Take Kobe off the team and they are lottery bound. Put Kobe on any team in the league and they can make the playoffs. It is not about Laker basketball. It's all about Kobe basketball.

god you are an idiot

farmer and walton are important role players. get a clue about basketball and then comeback and post.

InK
01-13-2009, 01:24 PM
This guy needs to be gone.

duncan228
01-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Sasha remains behind (http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2009/01/12/sasha-remains-behind/8872/)
ART THOMPSON III, OCREGISTER.COM

EL SEGUNDO - Lakers guard Sasha Vujacic will not be with the team this afternoon in Houston.

According to team spokesman John Black, Vujacic is suffering from back spasms, which first occurred during Sunday night’s victory over the Miami Heat.

“He’s in a great deal of pain and he’s been receiving treatment all morning,” Black said.

It is hoped that Vujacic would be able to rejoin the team at some point on this three-day road trip, which comprises back-to-back games Tuesday against the Houston Rockets and then Wednesday against the San Antonio Spurs.

td4mvp21
01-13-2009, 01:26 PM
That's like saying the Spurs will be without Ian, Hairston and Tolliver.

Uhhhhh no.

Lakers_55
01-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Hey, if Lakers win, they win, if they lose they lose. No excuses, just give it shot with who is available to work with.

crc21209
01-13-2009, 01:29 PM
So no Scrotum, I mean Odom, no Vujabitch, I mean Vujacic, and no Farmar or Walton. Wow the Spurs GOTTA win this game now.

2Cleva
01-13-2009, 01:38 PM
This is an important game if SA plans on making a run at the top seed. Only 3 games between LA/SA this year (2 in SA). Winner is in the driver's seat for the tiebreaker.

I'm surprised SA doesn't have a better home record this season.

underdawg
01-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Hey, if Lakers win, they win, if they lose they lose. No excuses, just give it shot with who is available to work with.

Exactly - both coaches would like to see their opponent healthy now vs. the postseason, so they can evaluate their own team at this point. It is a regular season game and should not make or break the Spurs' playoff chances, but at the same time I hope that they get a good gauge of how vulnerable they are at certain areas and some kind of idea of what works with their current roster against LA. I can't believe that there's a coach in the Western Conference that doesn't feel that the road goes through LA this year. Don't get me wrong - a win against LA would definitely help build on the Spurs' confidence.

I. Hustle
01-13-2009, 01:51 PM

Exactly. I wish more fans would think like that. That goes for us too. The other teams don't take it easy on you because you are short handed that's just the way it goes.

DrHouse
01-13-2009, 01:58 PM
This game only really matters for Spurs fans.

The Lakers aren't using this as a measuring stick. They've already beaten this team without Bynum and Ariza. BOS and CLE and to some extent ORL are the measuring sticks.

Sorry Spurs fans....you're just not that important these days :)

hater
01-13-2009, 02:08 PM

Walton
Farmer

So u are saying Lakers gonna lose?

tmtcsc
01-13-2009, 02:19 PM

:rollin:lol

That was good.

01-13-2009, 02:26 PM
so what? the spurs are missing ian mahinmi, the future all-star and the next amare stoudemire. also, hairston, the successor to bruce bowen and his ability to drop 40 pts on any team. and don't forget oberto, the gold medalist and nba championship center who still has not recovered from his injury. now that vujacic and odom are out, maybe the lakers can put in sun yue. didn't you guys say he was the "chinese magic johnson"?

tmtcsc
01-13-2009, 02:28 PM
This is an important game if SA plans on making a run at the top seed. Only 3 games between LA/SA this year (2 in SA). Winner is in the driver's seat for the tiebreaker.

I'm surprised SA doesn't have a better home record this season.

Yeah, top seed is really important. :rolleyes

You know why this game is big ? Because out of the 41 regular season home games, about 30 of them are worthless. The Lakers game is one that is almost worth the price of the ticket. I said "almost".

I'd throw in New Orleans, Orlando, Boston, Cleveland and maybe Houston or Utah.. Otherwise, you are better off staying at home, avoiding the high price of concessions and the ridiculous price of parking at the game.

No, I'm not bitter after seeing the price of my seats go up 40 percent.

DrHouse
01-13-2009, 02:36 PM
And the price of your seats is probably still cheaper than the worst seats you could get at Staples

diego
01-13-2009, 03:07 PM
injuries are part of the game. we paid our dues up front, the lakers are beginning to pay now... and they still havent had as many injury problems as we did.

dbestpro
01-13-2009, 04:24 PM
god you are an idiot

farmer and walton are important role players. get a clue about basketball and then comeback and post.

I guess that's why Vuc the puck was crying about minutes before Farmer got hurt and Walton has been on the trade block but no takers for salary reasons.

Ime > Walton

Vujacic shoots 3 pts 36.2% That would make him number 8 on the Spurs as we have 7 players with a higher % and that list does not include Duncan or Ginobili.

Can you say scrubiini? Don't worry. There is hope for you. The truth will set you free. Just say scrub. Still in denial? Don't worry. That is the first stage. You will eventually realize that everybody on the Lakers not named Kobe is a scrub.

2Cleva
01-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Yeah, top seed is really important. :rolleyes

You seriously want to dismiss HCA in a playoff series?

Even with the injuries, if SA had HCA against LA last year, you don't think they may have got by LA anyway?

Fabbs
01-13-2009, 04:53 PM
with Sasha out, will Derek Swisher assume the role of enforcer for the Lakers?

tmtcsc
01-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Even with the injuries, if SA had HCA against LA last year, you don't think they may have got by LA anyway?

No, I don't. Manu was our leading scorer last year and is probably our most tenacious competitor. If he was 100 % healthy, I think we win. Regardless of HCA. But with him not right, we didn't have the scoring punch to put us over the top.

There were alot of Spurs fans who realized that we would only go as far as Manu would take us. It's hard to re-invent your team identity in the playoffs. We almost did it with Barry but it was too much to ask.

I was more impressed with the Lakers knocking off a healthy Utah then I was with them beating the Spurs.

At this level, HCA is great to have but history has shown that the best teams win on the other teams' home court.

Just my opinion.

DrHouse
01-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Manu doesn't impress me much this season. If this is the Manu you're gonna get come playoff time then it won't make a difference.

tmtcsc
01-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Manu doesn't impress me much this season. If this is the Manu you're gonna get come playoff time then it won't make a difference.

A. It won't be the Manu you see at playoff time and

2. Roger Mason Jr. and George Hill have added some scoring punch and defense that we didn't have last year.

The Lakers exposed our lack of back court depth last year. Barry made a valiant effort (offensively) but Vaughn backing up Parker was a liability and having Barry's inability to stay in front of his guy was bad.

The Spurs have improved their athleticism and bench. The possible liability and weakness is in the front court.
Tim needs for KT to continue improving and for Bonner and Oberto to contribute for us to win it all.

The Spurs are not in awe of or intimidated by anyone on the Lakers roster but they do respect the hell out of Kobe.
If they force Kobe to beat us, we have the pieces to stop everyone else from contributing as much as they did last year.

The Spurs defense isn't where it needs to be and our rotations aren't either. The game will be good but not an end-all. Just the first chance to see what we have going on with match ups.

Chief
01-13-2009, 05:46 PM
How can any laker fan be bitching about injuries to their pee ons

when they still have kobe, gasol, bynum

u spoiled spoiled people.

tmtcsc
01-13-2009, 05:50 PM
How can any laker fan be bitching about injuries to their pee ons

when they still have kobe, gasol, bynum

u spoiled spoiled people.

In all fairness, Bynum and Gasol were non-factors in us losing last year. Gasol's weak and Bynum's making progress getting back but it was the pee ons that helped Kobe against us. Of course, Manu was on one wheel.

saxman
01-13-2009, 06:20 PM

HAHAHAHA :lol:rollin

Allanon
01-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Luke is the Lakers starting small forward, pretty important.

And of course, theMachine is aka the Manu Stopping Machine.

Lamar Odom being out is like Manu or Mason being out.

Jordan Farmar out is like George Hill out.

HarlemHeat37
01-13-2009, 07:04 PM
you mean Sasha is the Manu at 70% stopper..right?..

Fabbs
01-13-2009, 07:24 PM
you mean Sasha is the Manu at 70% stopper..right?..
:lmao

Only Popabitch would have let that matchup stand.:(

DrHouse
01-13-2009, 07:38 PM
I will tell you right now Barry gave you good production in the playoffs. Mason will not be a huge improvement over that.....I can guarantee that actually.

PuttPutt
01-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Luke Walton important?? He sucks.

Yorae
01-13-2009, 08:32 PM
I actually fear Vujachicks. His abominable headband is one hell of a mojo. Thank god we have Pop's beard to counter that.

EricB
01-13-2009, 08:35 PM
god you are an idiot

:lmao

Jordan Farmar is an important role player?

Yeah ok.

EricB
01-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Luke is the Lakers starting small forward, pretty important.

And of course, theMachine is aka the Manu Stopping Machine.

Lamar Odom being out is like Manu or Mason being out.

Jordan Farmar out is like George Hill out.

The manu stopper?

uh,

Hill >>>>> Farmar

Bruno
01-13-2009, 08:49 PM
These arrogant Lakers fans are the exact carbon copy of 2006-2007 arrogant Mavs fans. Their team is in the same situation (beat Spurs the year before, lost the final and great regular season record the next year..) and their fans are acting the same way by thinking they are head and shoulders better than Spurs.

While I don't know what will happens in this year playoffs, I know what happened in the 2007 playoffs for Mavs and Spurs. Lakers fans should start being a little more humble, their team is looking damn good but nothing is a given in the nba and things can go very fast...

ElNono
01-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Odom is playing against the Rockets... one less excuse, I guess...

Manufan909
01-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Hey, I'm watching the Lakers-Rockets game, and Odom is in. WTH???

duncan228
01-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Sorry guys. I put this is the Rockets/Lakers blog but not here.

LA Times Lakers Blog (http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/)

A few Rocket-y thoughts

UPDATE: Just got a message that Sasha isn't in Houston, but LO will apparently play. How many minutes, dunno, but that's the word via text.

romad_20
01-13-2009, 09:12 PM
I will tell you right now Barry gave you good production in the playoffs. Mason will not be a huge improvement over that.....I can guarantee that actually.

14.2 MPG 5.2 PPG in the postseason Barry?? You guarantee Mason won't give us better than that? :rollin

daslicer
01-13-2009, 09:36 PM
These arrogant Lakers fans are the exact carbon copy of 2006-2007 arrogant Mavs fans. Their team is in the same situation (beat Spurs the year before, lost the final and great regular season record the next year..) and their fans are acting the same way by thinking they are head and shoulders better than Spurs.

While I don't know what will happens in this year playoffs, I know what happened in the 2007 playoffs for Mavs and Spurs. Lakers fans should start being a little more humble, their team is looking damn good but nothing is a given in the nba and things can go very fast...

I said the exact samething a few days ago to a friend of mine that this team and its fanbase is a lot like the '07 mavs. They are cocky just like the mavs of '07 and go by the same logic which is "We finished second so its guaranteed we will get it this year." This is team has bunch of soft players that act tough but aren't really tough ala Mavs '07. All it takes is running into a team filled with a bunch of enforcers and the Lakers will fall apart just like the mavs did when they ran into Jax,Bdiddy, and co. It doesn't say much when your teams number 1 enforcer is Sasha a closet faggot. I have a feeling even if the lakers get out of the west they will lose to whoever wins the east.

timvp
01-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Laker Fan is the king of excuses. This is the same fanbase that thinks Stern and the refs conspire against them despite the fact that Stern is on record as saying he likes nothing better than the Lakers making the Finals.

m33p0
01-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Defense alone makes Mase a big improvement over Barry. And then there's the amount of minutes Mase can play before he pulls a hamstring. And when was the last time Barry ever pulled off a jumper out of a curl? Shit, doc. Take your pill.

ClingingMars
01-13-2009, 09:49 PM
I said the exact samething a few days ago to a friend of mine that this team and its fanbase is a lot like the '07 mavs. They are cocky just like the mavs of '07 and go by the same logic which is "We finished second so its guaranteed we will get it this year." This is team has bunch of soft players that act tough but aren't really tough ala Mavs '07. All it takes is running into a team filled with a bunch of enforcers and the Lakers will fall apart just like the mavs did when they ran into Jax,Bdiddy, and co. It doesn't say much when your teams number 1 enforcer is Sasha a closet faggot. I have a feeling even if the lakers get out of the west they will lose to whoever wins the east.

which team is that this year?

-Mars

MaNuMaNiAc
01-13-2009, 09:56 PM
There's nothing as annoying as an over-confident laker fan... Having said that, there's also nothing as satisfying as stuffing that over-confidence down their throats, so I sincerely hope we meet them again in the playoffs.

Ditty
01-13-2009, 11:02 PM
well, according to lakers fan he owns Manu

well a 100 percent ginobili would make that ugly son of a bitch cut his hair ha

tmtcsc
01-13-2009, 11:04 PM

He gave us good offense but his defense was horrible. He also couldn't shoot a mid range jumper. Mase is a huge improvement over Barry.

scanry
01-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Even more than Cowboys fans, or Yankees fans?

Atleast those guys have the most championships in their respective sport.

They may be cocky, but unlike the Lakers they don't bitch about their star player not getting calls. BTW Kobe gets almost every fucking call in a tight game and some (ala 2002 WCF). Boston may have been cocky this year but in the past they were always grounded (especially in the Rusell era). The Mikan & Jerry West Lakers era was my favorite. West is still my favorite Laker just ahead of the Magic man.

Lakers BTW have gome 9/23 after they moved to LA. Now that isn't something that i want to be too cocky about. :wow

Again they are a few Lakers fans like Lakers55, IronMexican that doesn't blindly suck Kobe's cock like errr you.

underdawg
01-13-2009, 11:45 PM
Even more than Cowboys fans, or Yankees fans?

Well, the Yankee fans can without a doubt claim they have the biggest payroll in professional sports. I don't think you'll find too many cocky Cowboys fans right now.

KaiRMD1
01-14-2009, 12:05 AM
I'm not too worried about this game because as I've learned, it's just the season. I do want the Spurs to win and odds are, they will win, I don't doubt that at all. The only thing they need in order to be the lakers is defense, that has ALWAYS been their strongest asset against the Lakers. So that's going to be the key in this game along with keeping the lead until the very end. That's what I hate about games against the Lakers, those jerks always find a way back. Or more accurately, Kobe always finds a way to come back. Put Bowen on him, I don't care if he looks slow now, he nows how to guard Kobe no matter what.

spursreport
01-15-2009, 02:34 PM

Walton
Farmer

Spursmania2003...do they (spurs) still need to make a trade? Im dying to hear your answer Triple H fan.

The_Game
01-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Spursmania2003...do they (spurs) still need to make a trade? Im dying to hear your answer Triple H fan.

course we do

we beat the lakers by 1 with them missing 3 key role players and them being on a 2nd night of a back to back

this game proofs even more the spurs have no shot to beat the lakers in a 7 game series.

anakha
01-15-2009, 06:01 PM
course we do

we beat the lakers by 1 with them missing 3 key role players and them being on a 2nd night of a back to back

this game proofs even more the spurs have no shot to beat the lakers in a 7 game series.

Sure thing, Laker fan.

daslicer
01-15-2009, 07:35 PM
course we do

Walton,Farmar,Sasha = Udoka,Vaugh,Oberto which I would say isn't key. Its stupid how lakerfans hype up those 3 scrubs. It reminds me in '03 of how they hyped up the injuries to Fox and George screwed their chances against the spurs.

DrHouse
01-15-2009, 07:43 PM
First of all Walton, Farmar, and Sasha all play. They play every game. They play at least 15 mpg. They are in the rotation.

Scrubs or not they are an active part of the team and when all 3 of them are gone it does make a difference as other players have to play extended minutes. On the 2nd night of a tough b2b it's going to make a difference. Tired legs = poor defense and weak jumpshots. It's incredible that the Lakers were able to put up 111 pts all things considered. Just shows how strong they are this year. The Spurs got away with a lucky one and they know it, they will not beat LAL playing that style of ball in the playoffs.

daslicer
01-15-2009, 08:06 PM
First of all Walton, Farmar, and Sasha all play. They play every game. They play at least 15 mpg. They are in the rotation.

Scrubs or not they are an active part of the team and when all 3 of them are gone it does make a difference as other players have to play extended minutes. On the 2nd night of a tough b2b it's going to make a difference. Tired legs = poor defense and weak jumpshots. It's incredible that the Lakers were able to put up 111 pts all things considered. Just shows how strong they are this year. The Spurs got away with a lucky one and they know it, they will not beat LAL playing that style of ball in the playoffs.

:lol I would love to have Walton,Farmar,Sasha play against the spurs at the sametime. They might be able to score some points but their defense is crap and thus allowing spurs more easy opportunities to score. They scrubs and in the scheme things it wouldn't make a difference. Also quit hyping up comming off a back to back and playing well. The Lakers are a fairly young team and I would be very concerned if they had trouble on back to backs which is something a young team should not struggle with. Again that argument doesn't work but then again you are stupid fucker very much like those crazy religious nutcase that keep on trying convert people to their beliefs but without any success.

DrHouse
01-15-2009, 08:10 PM
:lol I would love to have Walton,Farmar,Sasha play against the spurs at the sametime. They might be able to score some points but their defense is crap and thus allowing spurs more easy opportunities to score. They scrubs and in the scheme things it wouldn't make a difference. Also quit hyping up comming off a back to back and playing well. The Lakers are a fairly young team and I would be very concerned if they had trouble on back to backs which is something a young team should not struggle with. Again that argument doesn't work but then again you are stupid fucker very much like those crazy religious nutcase that keep on trying convert people to their beliefs but without any success.

You might want to try paragraphs and periods.

BlackBellamy
01-15-2009, 08:16 PM

Oh, you "guarantee", what a valid argument. Any other pearls to share?

DrHouse
01-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Oh, you "guarantee", what a valid argument. Any other pearls to share?

I wasn't aware the playoffs started in January.

Wake me up when Mason hits those clutch shots when it really counts.

BlackBellamy
01-15-2009, 08:34 PM
I wasn't aware the playoffs started in January.

Wake me up when Mason hits those clutch shots when it really counts.

I, unlike you, wasn't making an argument that I couldn't prove. I don't believe that I stated anywhere that the play-offs have started. You downplay the Spurs because you have a fear of us, as we do for you. You know that we're most likely the only ones in the west that can send you fishing, you've admitted to that. Roger is clutch incarnate. His trigger is made for that shot, and this season he has showcased just that. You think that an aging (albeit once quite good) Barry is preferable to the number one 3-point shooter in the league so far this season, who is only in his fourth season in the NBA? Now you're just being silly.

DrHouse
01-15-2009, 08:45 PM
You can't be clutch incarnate if you've never hit a clutch shot in the playoffs.

BlackBellamy
01-15-2009, 08:53 PM
You can't be clutch incarnate if you've never hit a clutch shot in the playoffs.
If you are clutch, that's just what you are. It matters more in the play-offs, but a clutch shot is still 'clutch' in the NBA no matter what time of year you shoot it. Mason will have his time to prove his specific, "playoff clutchness", I s'pose.

DrHouse
01-15-2009, 09:09 PM
If you are clutch, that's just what you are. It matters more in the play-offs, but a clutch shot is still 'clutch' in the NBA no matter what time of year you shoot it. Mason will have his time to prove his specific, "playoff clutchness", I s'pose.

Wrong.

The playoffs are a whole different beast than the regular season and require a different set of nerves.

BlackBellamy
01-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Wrong.

The playoffs are a whole different beast than the regular season and require a different set of nerves.

That is lame, you just won't give anything will you? You want to argue the semantics of 'clutch', rather than just admit that Mason is just that. So it's safe to say that during the regular season you never use the term 'clutch'... ever? Let's say you get a guy for his first season on your team that shines in taking the dagger, you wouldn't call/ consider him 'clutch'? You wouldn't serve it to him in the playoffs and expect him to make it, even though he proved several times in the regular season that he can? (and I fully expect for you to say 'no', even though I have the feeling that you'd be kidding yourself.) It seems that you have a habit of diverting from any rational point made against you by making definitive statements like 'wrong', and you make your predictions based on personal bias not a stat line or something material.