PDA

View Full Version : Black Talons......

clambake
01-13-2009, 03:25 PM
thread for the bored...........i've got .40 cal. for my glocks. don't have them for my .380 beretta.

i've had them for many years and store them properly.

what's in your mags?

ratm1221
01-13-2009, 03:33 PM
I'll bus a cap.

101A
01-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Same as yours - two pre-ban clips full of the "cop killers"; Beretta 9mm FS

DarkReign
01-13-2009, 05:05 PM
:cry

clambake
01-13-2009, 05:14 PM
:cry

don't worry DR. they are for the end of the world.....and they're not really "cop killers".

George Gervin's Afro
01-13-2009, 05:28 PM
don't worry DR. they are for the end of the world.....and they're not really "cop killers".

I thought libs hated guns. In fact I hear on talk radio that dems want to take away everybody's guns.

clambake
01-13-2009, 05:30 PM
i'm not a liberal.

i'm a realist.

DarkReign
01-13-2009, 08:52 PM

I should have explained more.

I am envious, not petulant. If my fund were more in order at the moment, I would have stocked up this past weekend.

I did some research, it would seem AKs and AR15s are at a premium right now. Supply is not meeting the demand.

I have a few rifles/shotguns, but I crave more.

Namely, NATO-load weaponry. Namely, an AK-74 and an M16 (both the proper civilian designations, not the fully automatic types).

Then, I require one 0.357, one 9mm and one 0.38. Any suggestions from the local gun nuts on brand, make and barrel assembly would be appreciated.

Bender
01-13-2009, 10:12 PM
I am envious, not petulant.
:lol good thing, I was worried at first...

I'm in the market for a used S&W 4" Model 19 .357mag. Can practice at the range with 38special. unfortunately, sold my bushmaster AR last year. don't know if I'll be able to get another one...
Need a Glock .40 caliber, for simplicity and reliability...
Need a Mossberg 500 shotgun, because I don't have any shotguns...

in case TEOTWAWKI comes....

DarkReign
01-13-2009, 10:25 PM
sold my bushmaster AR last year.

I *think* that was the rifle my cousin used to have as well. It was a long time ago though. Beautiful weapon, if memory serves.

in case TEOTWAWKI comes....

lol...had to google that. Never knew there was an acronym for such an event.

101A
01-14-2009, 10:13 AM
In a related subject:

If all DOES go to hell - and we devolve into anarchy, I have the commitment of about 30 friends/neighbors/acquaintances - forming a Tribe.

(Some of us got to get there from Pa, but we cowboy up in LaCoste (grandma and cousins live on 150 acres there) - a good starting point; can grow our own groceries,etc. I've recruited three Dr.'s - a dentist; a couple of honest-to-god SEAL'S - even two lawyers (in case meat is scarce). Main problem with my plan is that I have no significant survival skills, farming talent, shooting prowess, or medical training - not sure in the environment they will keep me around simply because I have given myself the title "Chief" (I'm also voluntarily sterile (surgically) - NOT something to look for when you're trying to expand the clan) Oh well, maybe I'll lop off a couple of heads early on to cement my position.....anybody wants in, PM me.

101A
01-14-2009, 10:15 AM

Always thought that was one of the funniest labels ever....a soft hollow point gonna blow through body-armor? OK.

DarkReign
01-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Always thought that was one of the funniest labels ever....a soft hollow point gonna blow through body-armor? OK.

I remember reading that the only civilian issue ammunition that can penetrate a kevlar vest is 0.22LR. Its the combination of mass, impact diameter and incredible speed.

Supposedly, it passes thru with little to no slow down or lethality.

Larger calibers (0.44, 0.45, 9mm, etc) have either too large an impact diameter, not nearly enough velocity or both.

Obviously, 9mm doesnt penetrate because most 9mm's "tumble" along their trajectory. Great for killing unarmored targets (the richochet effect), not so much for penetration.

DarkReign
01-14-2009, 11:15 AM
In a related subject:

If all DOES go to hell - and we devolve into anarchy, I have the commitment of about 30 friends/neighbors/acquaintances - forming a Tribe.

(Some of us got to get there from Pa, but we cowboy up in LaCoste (grandma and cousins live on 150 acres there) - a good starting point; can grow our own groceries,etc. I've recruited three Dr.'s - a dentist; a couple of honest-to-god SEAL'S - even two lawyers (in case meat is scarce). Main problem with my plan is that I have no significant survival skills, farming talent, shooting prowess, or medical training - not sure in the environment they will keep me around simply because I have given myself the title "Chief" (I'm also voluntarily sterile (surgically) - NOT something to look for when you're trying to expand the clan) Oh well, maybe I'll lop off a couple of heads early on to cement my position.....anybody wants in, PM me.

Hahaha. You'd be surprised what intuition and instinct will do for a common man when put into a position you speak of.

Your resident desk-jockey engineer may well be the second-coming of Ted Nugent in less than 2 months.

Of course, it is good to know the basics (in order of importance):

1. Clean Water
2. Food (of any sort, high calorie preferably)
3. Shelter

If one can provide one of, if not all, by way of help or manufacture, the tribesman will do ya fine, Im sure.

Now, the whole chopping block scenario works only for the guy who doesnt want to work and has little grasp of the reality he will soon find himself in.

----------------------

If the shit did hit the fan, my family will be fine. Little out-of-the-way land too far to the north to catch any (potentially) radioactive fallout or even be noticed by surveillance.

But, lets get realistic. No one is going to see it coming and if you live near a major Metro area, youre as good as dead.

Might as well crack your last beer, hold your wife and children and enjoy the Show of Shows.

Bartleby
01-14-2009, 11:22 AM
In a related subject:

You should read Octavia Butler's Parable of the Sower series. It's science fiction set in the near future, when things really go to shit, but most of it is fairly plausible and a lot of the time the books feel eerily prescient.

clambake
01-14-2009, 11:22 AM
us road warriors will come jack your eutopia. lol

(a tip: when you're at the range, use silver tip rounds)

101A
01-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Hahaha. You'd be surprised what intuition and instinct will do for a common man when put into a position you speak of.

Your resident desk-jockey engineer may well be the second-coming of Ted Nugent in less than 2 months.

Of course, it is good to know the basics (in order of importance):

1. Clean Water
2. Food (of any sort, high calorie preferably)
3. Shelter

If one can provide one of, if not all, by way of help or manufacture, the tribesman will do ya fine, Im sure.

Now, the whole chopping block scenario works only for the guy who doesnt want to work and has little grasp of the reality he will soon find himself in.

----------------------

If the shit did hit the fan, my family will be fine. Little out-of-the-way land too far to the north to catch any (potentially) radioactive fallout or even be noticed by surveillance.

But, lets get realistic. No one is going to see it coming and if you live near a major Metro area, youre as good as dead.

Might as well crack your last beer, hold your wife and children and enjoy the Show of Shows.

I'm not envisioning Armageddon, necessarily; more of a complete breakdown of society because of devaluation of the dollar/unemployment, etc....eventually too many "have nots" to be controlled...."Escape from New York" on a continental scale.

DarkReign
01-14-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm not envisioning Armageddon, necessarily; more of a complete breakdown of society because of devaluation of the dollar/unemployment, etc....eventually too many "have nots" to be controlled...."Escape from New York" on a continental scale.

Ahhh...that makes an extreme difference.

koriwhat
01-14-2009, 12:47 PM
i shot my first gun for the first time this past weekend... actually i shot 3 guns; a 50mag S&W, a 9mm Rouger, and a short barrel AK47. fun times indeed except when the hammer on that 9mm struck my thumb, that shit hurt!

DarkReign
01-14-2009, 02:14 PM
fun times indeed except when the hammer on that 9mm struck my thumb, that shit hurt!

The hammer on a 9mm? Was it a Glock?

Do you mean the slide?

But all in all, I was raised in and around guns of all shapes, sizes and legality.

Things were cheaper then. Not so much anymore.

101A
01-14-2009, 03:02 PM
The hammer on a 9mm? Was it a Glock?

Do you mean the slide?

But all in all, I was raised in and around guns of all shapes, sizes and legality.

Things were cheaper then. Not so much anymore.

Lot's of experience with guns, huh?

Directions (http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Detroit&1s=MI&1y=US&1l=42.331402&1g=-83.045799&1v=CITY&2c=La+Coste&2s=TX&2y=US&2l=29.3106&2g=-98.8097&2v=CITY)

DarkReign
01-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Lot's of experience with guns, huh?

Directions (http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Detroit&1s=MI&1y=US&1l=42.331402&1g=-83.045799&1v=CITY&2c=La+Coste&2s=TX&2y=US&2l=29.3106&2g=-98.8097&2v=CITY)

Plenty. I can break down, clean and repair just about any firearm made for civilians in the US and Europe.

Its not that I know of every make and model (actually, I am quite bad at that portion of it), its that the mechanisms for firing a projectile out of a barrel vary only slightly in their application.

Especially (and thankfully) for NATO Standards (which happened well before my time). A Godsend to the gun enthusiast.

DarkReign
01-14-2009, 03:42 PM
I do a lot of modeling with Solidworks at work. I have read a handful of books on gun making, weapon making and steel forging.

I have actually started a design on a very simple, efficent handgun for fun.

It is my aim to learn the methods of mining ore, refining and ultimately forging said metal into an applicable steel for either edged weaponry or tools.

The next step would be gun-making, but that is an Appollo 11-sized step in weapon manufacture.

Creepn
01-14-2009, 08:57 PM
I don't get this thread. Why are yall acting so scared? I'm I missing something here?

People stocking up, forming tribes...... wtf?

DarkReign
01-14-2009, 09:02 PM
I don't get this thread. Why are yall acting so scared? I'm I missing something here?

People stocking up, forming tribes...... wtf?

Not so much.

Wild Cobra
01-15-2009, 11:23 AM
i'm not a liberal.

i'm a realist.
My God... You are so deluded!

clambake
01-15-2009, 11:24 AM
My God Man!!!!

clambake
01-15-2009, 11:25 AM
.....and please keep your trailer house flag out of my threads.

FreeMason
01-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Next time take some sunscreen Clambake, ffs.

http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a/ga/ul/6801013831/inlineimg/Y/hash3.jpeg

clambake
01-16-2009, 01:02 PM
i don't need sunscreen.........i walk under the shadow of my BLACK TALONS!