PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Mays is returning

IronMexican
01-13-2009, 04:01 PM
:king

johngateswhiteley
01-13-2009, 04:21 PM
thats big, and so is Pinkard and Gable. i don't know what the hell Sanchez is thinking...

IronMexican
01-13-2009, 04:38 PM
It was obvious Gable was staying. His game wont transition well to the pro's.

Thunder Dan
01-13-2009, 04:49 PM
He dreams of playing in the Horseshoe late at night, I know it. He is coming back to fulfill that dream

johngateswhiteley
01-13-2009, 04:55 PM
He dreams of playing in the Horseshoe late at night, I know it. He is coming back to fulfill that dream

lol. he dreams of beating ohio state in the horseshoe? will he fulfill that?

Thunder Dan
01-13-2009, 04:58 PM
lol. he dreams of beating ohio state in the horseshoe? will he fulfill that?

I don't know if they are a lock to win if Sanchez leaves. I think both defenses will have problems. Thats all banking on Pryor's progressing in his throwing......if he doesn't I guess I'll get to tailgate allday to watch OSU shit down their leg. But the optimist in me can't imagine Ohio State getting crushed at home. Plus Boeckman won't be around to fumble and throw interceptions so we have that going for us, which is nice

samikeyp
01-13-2009, 05:00 PM
thats big, and so is Pinkard and Gable. i don't know what the hell Sanchez is thinking...

Sanchez should stay.

He stays, SC should be #1 next year.

That being said, they probably won't be due to the Tebow lovefest.

Thunder Dan
01-13-2009, 05:10 PM
actually though, that USC game this year was the best thing to ever happen to me as a fan. I'm a huge Ohio State fan, as I am for all the Cleveland teams; I used to get so into sports that I would take it personally if my team lost. Like sports are such a big part of my life, that it would actually really really bum me out. After the Florida game I was devastated, same with LSU- same goes for when the Indians choked the 2007 ALCS away to the Red Sox. I would read all the articles talking about how my teams suck and how Cleveland sucks and all that and it would really bum me out. But the trip to USC this year changed all that. This was a trip I have wanted to take for over 2 years. I set aside some money and went out there and had a great time, I saw places I've never seen before, and I experienced things I probably won't get a chance to again like going down on the field before the game and seeing Denzel Washington and Oden in that area of the endzone. I had fun in Vegas, and won money despite my $150 loss on Ohio State. I met new people out there that we tailgated with all day, and had an awesome time.

Now where things change is normally I would be so upset about Ohio State getting blown out, and getting harassed as we left early in the 4th quarter. I would let it bother me and ruin everything, but it was different because I was pissed we lost, but I still had a good time and would have done it again even knowing the outcome of the reason I went out. Now I don't get too worked up about games because it's just a form of entertainment and you shouldn't let it bother you since your just a fan. Plus, I'm a Cleveland fan so if I let things bother me too much I'll end up in jail or a psyc ward before too long.

So that is why I like USC- but that said, I hope Pryor runs all over their asses next year, and possibly learns how to throw and we kick their ass so I can make fun of all the USC losers that take things too seriously in Columbus....which will probably turn into me getting my ass kicked

IronMexican
01-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Sanchez needs one more year of development. And Dan, I take things way too serious also. After the Raiders lost to NE in 2002, I cried for a whole week. I try not to take things so serious anymore, but it's tough.

j-6
01-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Congrats SC. I don't care what the pundits say - Mays is the best DB in college football. I read an article earlier this season (Seattle PI, maybe?) that talked about how huge an influence his dad's successful post-NFL career has had on him. Glad a young guy with all that talent can keep some perspective and take the very long view of things.

Thunder Dan
01-13-2009, 07:15 PM
Sanchez needs one more year of development. And Dan, I take things way too serious also. After the Raiders lost to NE in 2002, I cried for a whole week. I try not to take things so serious anymore, but it's tough.

The only time I ever cried was after the 1997 World Series Game 7 when the Indians choked- I was 12 and thought that it was the last chance my grandpa, a life long Tribe fan who I always went to games with, had at witnessing his team win a WS. Well, he is still alive, the Tribe has still yet to win, but I will never cry about a sport again.

Holmes_Fans
01-13-2009, 09:08 PM

He's scared of playing at Autzen this season.

johngateswhiteley
01-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Congrats SC. I don't care what the pundits say - Mays is the best DB in college football. I read an article earlier this season (Seattle PI, maybe?) that talked about how huge an influence his dad's successful post-NFL career has had on him. Glad a young guy with all that talent can keep some perspective and take the very long view of things.

i seriously don't think people realize how ridiculous he is. forget his run defense and coverage abilities...dude can hit like a train. there are times where he hits the receiver or back so hard that not only does he knock them out, but the USC defender(s) behind them. its unreal...

johngateswhiteley
01-13-2009, 09:29 PM
He's scared of playing at Autzen this season.

that and ohio state look to be our toughest games. if forced to pick, i think its more likely we lose to Oregon. actually, SC has a pretty tough schedule next year.

@ ohio state
@ cal
@ notre dame
@ oregon

...not to mention oregon state and arizona in the coliseum. looks like USC will potentially play 6 top 25 teams, and perhaps 2-3 top 15 teams. the stretch of cal, arizona, notre dame, oregon state and oregon is fucking brutal.

IronMexican
01-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Taylor Mays needs to learn how to wrap up, though. You can't do that in the NFL, ask Roy Williams.

samikeyp
01-13-2009, 10:34 PM
that and ohio state look to be our toughest games. if forced to pick, i think its more likely we lose to Oregon. actually, SC has a pretty tough schedule next year.

@ ohio state
@ cal
@ notre dame
@ oregon

...not to mention oregon state and arizona in the coliseum. looks like USC will potentially play 6 top 25 teams, and perhaps 2-3 top 15 teams. the stretch of cal, arizona, notre dame, oregon state and oregon is fucking brutal.

Cal or Oregon might get them. If Sanchez comes back, I see a repeat of this year's Ohio State-SC game.