PDA

View Full Version : Manu's field goal percentage!

Illusionarist
01-13-2009, 04:18 PM
First of all i am a huge fan of Manu. However it is true that in his last games he has a very low field percentage. However he has improved in other domains of his game(steals!!!!!). What do you think?

And were the refs so bad? I did not have a chance to watch the game. Everyone says they sucked.

I Love Me Some Me
01-13-2009, 04:20 PM
He should dunk more. His shooting percentage would skyrocket!!!

Shastafarian
01-13-2009, 04:24 PM
First of all i am a huge fan of Manu. However it is true that in his last games he has a very low field percentage. However he has improved in other domains of his game(steals!!!!!). What do you think?

And were the refs so bad? I did not have a chance to watch the game. Everyone says they sucked.

His shot has been sporadic. He shot 61.5% against Philly but shot 35.7% against Miami. Before the Orlando game he had 5,3,3, and 4 steals in the previous 4 games.

2centsworth
01-13-2009, 04:29 PM
His shot has been sporadic. He shot 61.5% against Philly but shot 35.7% against Miami. Before the Orlando game he had 5,3,3, and 4 steals in the previous 4 games.

having problems understanding your sig. explain it to me if you would.

Bruno
01-13-2009, 05:57 PM
The thing you have to keep in mind about Manu is that he is coming back from a big injury. Just give him some time to be truly back at 100%.

I personally think that Manu has been fine this year given this injury. I'm confident that Manu will be back at his pre-injury level for the playoff. :hungry:

Shastafarian
01-13-2009, 07:17 PM
having problems understanding your sig. explain it to me if you would.

It's just a little stat check for someone. I'm also a big fan of trends.

ClingingMars
01-13-2009, 09:16 PM
the reason his percentage sucks is cause he's still off from 3. subtract that and everything else is pretty much normal.

-Mars

Shastafarian
01-13-2009, 09:20 PM
the reason his percentage sucks is cause he's still off from 3. subtract that and everything else is pretty much normal.

-Mars

You're right. He's been shooting over 50% from inside the arc.

ClingingMars
01-13-2009, 09:22 PM
You're right. He's been shooting over 50% from inside the arc.

perhaps Pop needs to start drawing up places for Manu's midrange shot, ala Parker.

-Mars

ManuTP9
01-13-2009, 10:07 PM
manu is beastin on em

timvp
01-13-2009, 10:13 PM
I don't see much reason to worry about Manu's FG%. Post-surgery, the only aspect that was worrisome was his ability to finish at the rim. But he's shooting ~66% at the rim this season ... which is far and away the highest number of his career.

Once he gets his three-point shot back, I expect his scoring rate will close in on what it was last year. He's struggling shooting the ball now but that is to be expected when you are still trying to get back into shape. Any day now his threes should start to drop again and he should be more than fine.

lefty
01-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Manu is awesome.

I'm Eddy Curry for Gino.