PDA

View Full Version : HOU has the most annoying announcers I've ever heard

DazedAndConfused
01-13-2009, 08:47 PM
I'd rather listen to nails on a chalkboard than these two morons.

xtremesteven33
01-13-2009, 08:55 PM
Clyde is a great guy

ElNono
01-13-2009, 08:55 PM

It's probably up there with all the bitching and moaning you do in this place...

scanry
01-13-2009, 09:47 PM
I agree..

I can't stand Clyde (winning a ring riding coattails of the Dream), but the other guy is alright. He makes him look like Reggie Miller (alongside Marv Albert).

BTW why did Houston retire Clyde's jersey? It was not like he did anything significant to Houston besides jacking up shots instead of feeding the ball to Hakeem. He played what like 3 years in Houston and has his jersey retired? :rolleyes

Ok enough of trolling :blah, but i still don't think they should've retired his jersey.

dirk4mvp
01-13-2009, 09:48 PM
I agree..

I can't stand Clyde (winning a ring riding coattails of the Dream), but the other guy is alright. He makes him look like Reggie Miller (alongside Marv Albert).

BTW why did Houston retire Clyde's jersey? It was not like he did anything significant to Houston besides jacking up shots instead of feeding the ball to Hakeem. He played what like 3 years in Houston and has his jersey retired? :rolleyes

Ok enough of trolling :blah, but i still don't think they should've retired his jersey.

Does Robinson have his jersey retired? He rode Duncan's coattails to a few rings.

GuerillaBlack
01-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Yeah, we have some pretty bad announcers. I wish Calvin Murphy was still doing them. And scanry, Clyde is from/grew up Houston and went to the University of Houston (along with Hakeem). This is why his jersey hangs up in the stadium.

braeden0613
01-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Well, at least they are calling out the refs.

scanry
01-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Does Robinson have his jersey retired? He rode Duncan's coattails to a few rings.

Dirk can ride on board if he ever wants to win a ring.

dirk4mvp
01-13-2009, 10:03 PM

This thread isn't about Dirk's naked fingers. It's about something else.

MeIII
01-13-2009, 10:09 PM

DRob had a hand in making Duncan what he is.

scanry
Yeah, we have some pretty bad announcers. I wish Calvin Murphy was still doing them. And scanry, Clyde is from/grew up Houston and went to the University of Houston (along with Hakeem). This is why his jersey hangs up in the stadium.

Didn't University of Houston retire his jersey?

Clyde definitely is a HOF, but i just don't think Rockets should've retired his jersey. (Avery's was a bigger embarassment BTW).

BTW i'm watching i'm watching these two British motherfuckers babble on and on inbetween timeouts and god are they aweful.:bang I'd rather watch commercials instead of these two mofo's.

ManuTP9

:rollin

Ditty
01-13-2009, 10:10 PM
wasnt moochie norris a annoncer for yall haha

scanry
01-13-2009, 10:10 PM
This thread isn't about Dirk's naked fingers. It's about something else.

Neither is this thread about Duncan's 4 rings.

dirk4mvp
01-13-2009, 10:14 PM
uptight spurfan is uptight.

Roxsfan
01-13-2009, 11:05 PM
mute it or change the channel dumb shit.:toast

Rogue
01-13-2009, 11:17 PM
Findog..."Being a Mavericks fan is like an eternal loop of Charlie Brown trying to kick the football. It fucking sucks. Why couldn't I have been born in LA, Chicago or Boston"

You don't have to be a mavs fan even though you were born there. just like my case, I was not born in dallas but I am a mavs fan.

dirk4mvp
01-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Findog..."Being a Mavericks fan is like an eternal loop of Charlie Brown trying to kick the football. It fucking sucks. Why couldn't I have been born in LA, Chicago or Boston"

You don't have to be a mavs fan even though you were born there. just like my case, I was not born in dallas but I am a mavs fan.

You're a spurfan, dumbass.

Biggems
01-14-2009, 12:07 AM
I disagree........I think PHX has the most annoying announcers, followed closely by the Celtics.

Matchman
01-14-2009, 12:10 AM
well they are paid to be homers so what do you expect? they are not on national TV (well they are on NBATV but they are still doing boardcast for FSN)
back to the topic, the Celtics got the worst announcers hands down.

Indazone
01-14-2009, 12:46 AM
I'm from Houston and Matt Bullard and Clyde Drexler drive me up the friggin wall. Bring back Calvin Murphy puhhllleeeeaaaaseeeee.

Zee Laker
01-14-2009, 12:50 AM
Why does Clyde laugh after everything he says? like every time he talks he has to laugh at the end even if there wasnt anything funny

JoeTait75
01-14-2009, 02:26 AM

Cavaliers retired Nate Thurmond's jersey, and he played like half a season in Cleveland. Part of the reason was that Thurmond was a local (from Akron); I'd imagine Glide got the same consideration for being a native Houstonian.

What happened to Calvin Murphy on the Rox telecasts, BTW? I remember listening to him when I had the League Pass back in 2001 or so, and thinking he made Tom Heinson sound impartial. :wow

baseline bum
01-14-2009, 03:01 AM

You obviously never heard them when Murphy was there.

baseline bum
01-14-2009, 03:03 AM
Cavaliers retired Nate Thurmond's jersey, and he played like half a season in Cleveland. Part of the reason was that Thurmond was a local (from Akron); I'd imagine Glide got the same consideration for being a native Houstonian.

What happened to Calvin Murphy on the Rox telecasts, BTW? I remember listening to him when I had the League Pass back in 2001 or so, and thinking he made Tom Heinson sound impartial. :wow

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/03/31/national/main609711.shtml

Ex-Rocket Murphy Indicted
Calvin Murphy Faces Six Counts Of Molesting His Daughters

(AP) NBA Hall of Famer Calvin Murphy was indicted Thursday on six counts of sexually abusing five of his daughters more than 10 years ago.

JoeTait75
01-14-2009, 03:06 AM
Yeah, I guess that kind of thing can deep-six a TV career in a hurry.

Thunder Dan
01-14-2009, 09:33 AM
The best line from Clyde

"That is why Kobe Bryant is the leader for MVP voting and nobody else is close"

"I disagree with that, Lebron James is having a..." -other guy

"Well, that's true but I think that the main difference and the reason Kobe will win it is because of the Lakers record" - Clyde

I guess he doesn't open up a newspaper

Indazone
01-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Calvin Murphy was hilarious. He'd always wear some kind of flashy lame suit.