PDA

View Full Version : Jalen Rose Agrees

SenorSpur
01-14-2009, 12:55 AM
Watching ESPN's Coast to Coast tonight, when they focused on Wed's tilt between Spurs and Fakers. After concluding a brief interview with Spurs great, Sean Elliott, both Tim Legler and Jalen Rose were asked by an e-mailer, which Western Conference team would pose the greatest threat to the Fakers? Both Legs and Rose agreed it would be the Spurs.

Rose, however, went onto say the Spurs only obvious weakness was the lack of another true frontline player that could be a "double-double" threat every night or every other night, if needed.

Rose feels that Duncan has "too much responsibility with having to get his 20-10, guard the opposition's primary big, protect the paint, and stay out of foul trouble". According to Rose, that is the Spurs only weakness. To that end, he doesn't feel the Spurs would beat the Fakers in a 7-game series.

My point in bringing this up is not because of any respect for Rose's predictions, but his analysis of the Spurs frontline deficiency does have a familiar refrain.

BlackSwordsMan
01-14-2009, 12:56 AM
who else would it be?

ClingingMars
01-14-2009, 12:57 AM
it would be nice, but it's not a necessity. as long as Bonner doesn't revert.

-Mars

ChumpDumper
01-14-2009, 01:06 AM
There are 11 players in the NBA that average a double double in points and rebounds.

So we should be able to get the other ten on the Spurs and still keep Parker and Manu.

Stupid cheap Holt!

mrspurs
01-14-2009, 01:21 AM
Based on what Timmy has been saying. This is the team we are going with. As long as we continue to improve as a team. Its all good. Expecting Timmy to be able to guard Amare/Shaq, Gasol/Bynum, West/Tyson, Nene/Martin, Yao/Scolla, Oden/Aldridge, Boozer/Okur all by himself, imo is asking to much. Surprise me.........

SenorSpur
01-14-2009, 08:59 AM
There are 11 players in the NBA that average a double double in points and rebounds.

So we should be able to get the other ten on the Spurs and still keep Parker and Manu.

Stupid cheap Holt!

I think you're sarcastically focusing on the wrong element of the analysis.

jag
01-14-2009, 11:33 AM
I think you're sarcastically focusing on the wrong element of the analysis.

The guy doesn't have to average a double-double...we just need someone to take some of the defensive(defensive rebounding) pressure off of Duncan. Having another big to take that pressure off would also help Duncan on the offensive end.

xtremesteven33
01-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Rasheeeedddd!!!!!!

EricB
01-14-2009, 11:44 AM
The lack is understood, but where the heck is this supposed great big man that you guys think they aren't getting?

I don't understand the point of hammering home a point thats been made a million times already but no solution is proposed nor player. Its just like "I'm going to bitch about this but really do nothing about it"

SenorSpur
01-14-2009, 12:15 PM
The lack is understood, but where the heck is this supposed great big man that you guys think they aren't getting?

I don't understand the point of hammering home a point thats been made a million times already but no solution is proposed nor player. Its just like "I'm going to bitch about this but really do nothing about it"

The point is sharing the assessment of an ex-NBA player and so-called NBA expert.

As for discussing possible big man options, in case you've haven't noticed, there are other threads where posters are offering up possible candidates for debate. That wasn't the intent here.

Next time, perhaps you should look before you leap. Furthermore, if you don't like the thread, move on to the next.

SenorSpur
01-14-2009, 12:15 PM
The guy doesn't have to average a double-double...we just need someone to take some of the defensive(defensive rebounding) pressure off of Duncan. Having another big to take that pressure off would also help Duncan on the offensive end.

Bingo!

:toast

EricB
01-14-2009, 12:38 PM
The point is sharing the assessment of an ex-NBA player and so-called NBA expert.

As for discussing possible big man options, in case you've haven't noticed, there are other threads where posters are offering up possible candidates for debate. That wasn't the intent here.

Next time, perhaps you should look before you leap. Furthermore, if you don't like the thread, move on to the next.

So in other words, a former NBA player agrees, so POST IT IMMEDIATELY!

Cause, yeah, the first million times its been said, wasn't enough.

BTW, I HAVE read the threads, and the suggestions of Joe Smith, and these other D League stiffs are not solutions, so again, I'm waiting for the name of the solution.

MaNu4Tres
01-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Joe Pryzbilla

lefty
01-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Duh.

Thanks captain obvious

MaNu4Tres
01-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Chris Kaman and Marcus Camby isn't that realistic but maybe the clippers would consider Oberto/Bonner/Udoka/Mahimni/Splitter plus cash/picks for either one

xtremesteven33
01-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Chris Kaman and Marcus Camby isn't that realistic but maybe the clippers would consider Oberto/Bonner/Udoka/Mahimni/Splitter plus cash/picks for either one

Way too much for one player

George Gervin's Afro
01-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Watching ESPN's Coast to Coast tonight, when they focused on Wed's tilt between Spurs and Fakers. After concluding a brief interview with Spurs great, Sean Elliott, both Tim Legler and Jalen Rose were asked by an e-mailer, which Western Conference team would pose the greatest threat to the Fakers? Both Legs and Rose agreed it would be the Spurs.

Rose, however, went onto say the Spurs only obvious weakness was the lack of another true frontline player that could be a "double-double" threat every night or every other night, if needed.

Rose feels that Duncan has "too much responsibility with having to get his 20-10, guard the opposition's primary big, protect the paint, and stay out of foul trouble". According to Rose, that is the Spurs only weakness. To that end, he doesn't feel the Spurs would beat the Fakers in a 7-game series.

My point in bringing this up is not because of any respect for Rose's predictions, but his analysis of the Spurs frontline deficiency does have a familiar refrain.

I agree with this assessment.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2009, 02:15 PM
I think you're sarcastically focusing on the wrong element of the analysis.I think it doesn't really matter since the Spurs won't trade any player that could get this imaginary savior in return anyway.

EricB
01-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Joe Pryzbilla

Would be perfect if he didn't make about 10 or so million a year.

Leftyventricle
01-14-2009, 02:36 PM
yi jianlian. he's got a broken finger right now.

tmtcsc
01-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Would be perfect if he didn't make about 10 or so million a year.

I don't know man. I think that's a bit steep for someone of his talent and he's just not that good.

Aldridge would be nice if he was a better defender. WTF is Nazr Mohammed doing nowadays ?

Besides pouting about playing time and shining benches ?

polandprzem
01-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Joe Pryzbilla

Przybilla

It's simple!

How many times I saw english languages can't spel that right :rolleyes

EricB
01-14-2009, 02:41 PM
I don't know man. I think that's a bit steep for someone of his talent and he's just not that good.

Aldridge would be nice if he was a better defender. WTF is Nazr Mohammed doing nowadays ?

Besides pouting about playing time and shining benches ?

I agree hence the "If he didn't make..." :)

Aldridge is in Portland for life if they want him.

Nazr is stiffing it up left and right in Charlotte. Way too stupid to play with this team.

EricB
01-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Przybilla

It's simple!

Its spell.

How many times.....

Indazone
01-14-2009, 02:43 PM
I would go for Prizbilla. Perfect fit

Rick Von Braun
01-14-2009, 02:52 PM

Stupid cheap Holt!

We could use a player like this:

MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
28.1 0.511 0.000 0.723 2.2 5.7 7.9 1.3 0.8 0.1 1.38 3.10 11.3

EricB
01-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Nameless players always help.

Obstructed_View
01-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Przybilla

It's simple!

Considering you missed that his first name is Joel and not Joe...

iggypop123
01-14-2009, 06:20 PM
im sure joe smith will be gift wrapped by presti once the deadline arrives. he did it last year with Thomas even though the magic had a better offer

EricB
01-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Thats assuming the Spurs would want the worthless corpse of Joe Smith.

SpurSupremacist
01-14-2009, 06:28 PM
yi jianlian. he's got a broken finger right now.

The more I see of Yi, the less I like.

Horse
01-14-2009, 06:37 PM
We have nothing to worry about it's an odd numbered year we will win the championship somehow, It's just that simple!

Taking it to the Hole
01-14-2009, 07:57 PM
The Spurs are not going to land any "double-double"type player via trades. The only option Spurs fans have to hope for is either through free agency or the draft, otherwise we are stuck with what we have. We have to face it, no one wants our guys and the guys we do trade are only going to result in the same caliber player in return. If you think you can trade scrubs for an all-star, you must be dreaming. The only way that works is if you offer a whole bunch of expiring contracts at the same time.

Rick Von Braun
01-14-2009, 08:49 PM

Stupid cheap Holt!

We could use a player like this:

MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
28.1 0.511 0.000 0.723 2.2 5.7 7.9 1.3 0.8 0.1 1.38 3.10 11.3

Nameless players always help.

Scola Thread?:lol

:stirpot:

ChumpDumper
01-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Not available.

Next.

Rick Von Braun