PDA

View Full Version : Explain how Sasha is the "Manu Stopper"

Brutalis
01-14-2009, 02:38 AM
Manu played on a bum ankle in the series and was anything but 100%. Some of you true regs know how much I complained about why he was even playing on it, because I felt it was our main reason for losing.

So how does this constitute Sasha being a "Manu Stopper"?

I'm asking in all seriousness, for any player at all that is considered a "Manu Stopper". Because when 100% there is not one NBA player that could contain him one on one in my opinion.

Explanations?

m33p0
01-14-2009, 02:42 AM
coz he's cute and puhrty and has more hair than manu. :lol

let them lie in a pool of their delusion. :lmao

Allanon
01-14-2009, 02:53 AM
Because it's funny to think a guy like this guy can stop a great player like Manu. :D

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k229/jetsetlife_revenge/lakers/39404000.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2232/2525612446_fd4dce2e8a.jpg

Brutalis
01-14-2009, 02:55 AM
Yeah it is funny to think about a lot of things that are ridiculous.

However I am being serious.

Allanon
01-14-2009, 02:57 AM
That's the point, nobody is serious about it, it's a ridiculous thing :) It is what it is, Sasha stopped Manu in that series but nobody really expects him to do it again, would be cool though.

Sasha ain't really "The Machine" either, but he got really hot in a few straight games so the Lakers announcer called him "The Machine" just to laugh at him a bit and it stuck.

Everything about Sasha is ridiculous, that's why TheMachine is a fan favorite.

raspsa
01-14-2009, 03:24 AM
I read somewhere that he gave himself the nickname?

Joe Schmoogins
01-14-2009, 03:28 AM
i think Bowen's the only Manu stopper. That's why we keep him on the team!

DazedAndConfused
01-14-2009, 03:31 AM
:lmao at this pathetic thread

Nobody was being serious about that. We just fuck with you because you're so easy to rile up.

angelbelow
01-14-2009, 03:36 AM
i think its similar to ruben patterson being called the kobe stopper. its just meaningless.

GetNashty
01-14-2009, 03:36 AM
The only Manu stopper in this league is Shawn Marion. And even he couldn't do it every game.

Sasha isn't even a good defender. He's just a goof with jazz hands, dude sucks.

Yorae
01-14-2009, 03:50 AM
Let the troll wars begin!

Allanon
01-14-2009, 04:22 AM
i think its similar to ruben patterson being called the kobe stopper. its just meaningless.

Exactly. That one was pretty funny too...

Nobody was being serious about that.

And yes.

Allanon
01-14-2009, 04:26 AM
I read somewhere that he gave himself the nickname?

Yeah, I've seen that alot around too. I watched that first game when he got that name. It was Joel Meyers, old Spurs commentator/current Laker commentator.

It was ridiculous when he said it, because Sasha was FAR from being a "shooting" machine pretty much his entire career up to that hot streak.

The other commentator, Stu Lantz, was just laughing and like WTF?

timvp
01-14-2009, 04:50 AM
As Brent Barry would say, Vujacic is the Ma Stopper.

Oh and hopefully his back heals enough for him to play against the Spurs. Can't wait for him to go against two-legged Manu :hungry:

Brutalis
01-14-2009, 04:56 AM
:lmao at this pathetic thread

Nobody was being serious about that. We just fuck with you because you're so easy to rile up.

Nobody was being serious when I've seen it on over 5 forums now not including laker grounds or whatever. You guys aren't serious on a Spurs board, is exactly what it is.

Sounds like you're the only one riled up. Nobody's fucking with me. Nice trying to sound tough and big though, your rep speaks for itself around here toad muffin.

Kori Ellis
01-14-2009, 05:08 AM
Yeah, I've seen that alot around too. I watched that first game when he got that name. It was Joel Meyers, old Spurs commentator/current Laker commentator.

It was ridiculous when he said it, because Sasha was FAR from being a "shooting" machine pretty much his entire career up to that hot streak.

The other commentator, Stu Lantz, was just laughing and like WTF?

I saw an interview where Sasha said that he nicknamed himself that. Maybe Joel Meyers got it from Sasha. :lol

urunobili
01-14-2009, 08:25 AM
The only Manu stopper in this league is Shawn Marion. And even he couldn't do it every game.

Sasha isn't even a good defender. He's just a goof with jazz hands, dude sucks.

:lol Shawn Ginobili Marion you mean? :lol

:lmao

MeIII
01-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Maybe we will finally see the Manu-Beast that has long been hidden.

Rogue
01-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Because it's funny to think a guy like this guy can stop a great player like Manu. :D

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2232/2525612446_fd4dce2e8a.jpg
It happens NOwhere other than NBA2k9.

hater
01-14-2009, 10:09 AM
this little girl can't even stop himself from crying, how can he stop the great Manu?

y5XroW3nGXQ

The_Game
01-14-2009, 10:19 AM
the great manu? there is nothing great about manu. He is an above average role player nothing more.

he is a good 6th man him and his 14 points per game.

anakha
01-14-2009, 10:20 AM
the great manu? there is nothing great about manu. He is an above average role player nothing more.

Whatever you say, Laker fan.

hater
01-14-2009, 10:54 AM

hahahah what are you talking about. manu is just warming up. He hasn't even touched 3rd gear yet :lol

xtremesteven33
01-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Sasha got shook by Ray Allen...haha

WayOutWest
01-14-2009, 11:35 AM

Not really similar because Patterson actually said it and believed it because of they way he went at Kobe in practice.

Nobody seriously believes Sasha plays real defense let alone being a "Manu Stopper".

ClingingMars
01-14-2009, 12:28 PM
It happens NOwhere other than NBA2k9.

+1

but even that is hard as hell

-Mars

ClingingMars
01-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Whatever you say, Laker fan.

yeah he's going on my ignore list. lol, troll

-Mars

DrHouse
01-14-2009, 12:38 PM
This thread is living proof that if you repeat a lie often enough eventually it will become truth.

Sasha never gave himself the Machine nickname. That was given to him by Joel Meyers. Doug Collins went on TNT or ESPN last season and started saying Sasha gave himself that nickname and from there that lie spread like wildfire.

SenorSpur
01-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Manu played on a bum ankle in the series and was anything but 100%. Some of you true regs know how much I complained about why he was even playing on it, because I felt it was our main reason for losing.

So how does this constitute Sasha being a "Manu Stopper"?

I'm asking in all seriousness, for any player at all that is considered a "Manu Stopper". Because when 100% there is not one NBA player that could contain him one on one in my opinion.

Explanations?

Hell no.

First, "the Machine" has never been known as some defensive whiz. If he were, he most certainly would've been lauded for his defensive capabilities before that series.

Second, Kobe is the best defensive player on the Fakers. Ariza being a close second.

Third. Fakers are not a great defensive team overall. Look no further than the manner is which the Celtics ripped them apart in the NBA Finals.

That hype is simply the opinions of overzealous geniuses that figured there was finally some player out there who found a way to slow down the brilliance of Ginobili - all the while ignoring his "bum" ankle.

The only Manu-stopper is Manu himself.

SenorSpur
01-14-2009, 12:42 PM
This thread is living proof that if you repeat a lie often enough eventually it will become truth.

Sasha never gave himself the Machine nickname. That was given to him by Joel Meyers. Doug Collins went on TNT or ESPN last season and started saying Sasha gave himself that nickname and from there that lie spread like wildfire.

I heard that explanation too. I know he's taken some heat for it, as well. However, I think the name has stuck - at least with me. Every time I see the guy, it's the first thing that pops into my head.

The_Game
01-14-2009, 12:43 PM
it is amazing how much my fellow spurs fans overrate Manu, guy has never averaged more than 20 PPG and is averaging under 15 this year and comes off the bench. No great star should never come off the bench period...no matter what.

it's me
01-14-2009, 12:51 PM
it is amazing how much my fellow spurs fans overrate Manu, guy has never averaged more than 20 PPG and is averaging under 15 this year and comes off the bench. No great star should never come off the bench period...no matter what.

There is some truth in the above statement… but you still are the most stupid and coward fakers fan…

IronMexican
01-14-2009, 12:52 PM
I just say it to piss off Spur fans. He really isn't, though.

SenorSpur
01-14-2009, 12:59 PM

Frankly, I'm amazed at how any Spurs fan could undersell Manu's greatness in the trivial manner you just did.

Condemned 2 HelLA
01-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Is this the same Sasha who was whining about calling his agent and threatening to send a tape to the league offices last week because Chris Paul called him a bitch at one point during the game that they lost to the Hornets?

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-14-2009, 01:07 PM

If you just read boxscores you'd probably be shocked that Bruce Bowen was a starter all those years.

Good thing players aren't defined by their boxscores.

Medvedenko
01-14-2009, 02:02 PM
If you just read boxscores you'd probably be shocked that Bruce Bowen was a starter all those years.

Good thing players aren't defined by their boxscores.

That's correct...but the "Great" players are always defined by the box scores.

SpursChica
01-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Sasha the "Manu on a bum ankle" stopper.

The only person that can stop Manu is Manu!

spurspf
01-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Frankly, I'm amazed at how any Spurs fan could undersell Manu's greatness in the trivial manner you just did.

That's true, but he is not a Spurs fan. He pretends to be but he is a Lakers fan that pretends to be a Spurs fan to try to stir the pot.

SenorSpur
01-14-2009, 03:50 PM
That's true, but he is not a Spurs fan. He pretends to be but he is a Lakers fan that pretends to be a Spurs fan to try to stir the pot.

Instead, I should've started that response with "I'm amazed how any knowledgeable basketball fan....."

angelbelow
01-14-2009, 04:13 PM

that's laughable

Baseline
01-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Vujacic leads the league in two things: Mascara and Dry-humping.

If his dry-humping defense against a one-legged Manu in last years' playoff series qualifies in the minds of Laker fans as Manu-stopping, then so be it.

Too bad he's out tonight with menstrual cramps. Otherwise, Manu would set the record straight, even though he's still not 100%.

Reck
01-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Sasha couldn't stop himself if he could.

iggypop123
01-14-2009, 06:15 PM
sasha isnt a manu stopper. manu stops himself although that isnt very smart of him. health> argentina.