PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Mike Conely for Sale and Ivaroni in Jeopardy

Indazone
01-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Does anyone want Mike Conely? What do you guys think of this guy's potential or is he overrated like Greg Oden? Grizzlies are calling for Ivaroni's head too.

mountainballer
01-14-2009, 12:19 PM
overrated, yes.
didn't look like a #4 pick in his rookie season and he also didn't improve this year, in fact he looked better in his rookie year. I think his playmaking ability was overrated, he hasn't been a good shooter in college and didn't get better in the NBA.
what's left is a super quick player, who can play a bit and defend a bit, but is also to small for many NBA match ups. he's ok if you look for a decent PG back up, but not if you look for a starter.
he won't be the next CP3 as some thought, I can see him become a player like Speedy Claxton, maybe slightly better, but that's it.

eisfeld
01-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Does anyone want Mike Conely? What do you guys think of this guy's potential or is he overrated like Greg Oden? Grizzlies are calling for Ivaroni's head too.

I doubt that many teams would go after him. The best fit would obviously be the Blazers where he can team up with Oden again. A move that might jumpstart them to actually play better.

JMarkJohns
01-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Why would Iavaroni be in trouble? He inherited a team that sold off its best and most experienced players for youngsters and projects. When you look at his roster, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone outside of a homer that would expect better than he's produced thus far. He's had his team ready to play vs. a number of very good teams. They just don't have the skill, talent or experience to be any better or consistent at this point.

Unless the coach just absolutely sucks, they should all get a minimum of three years, and more than likely four to prove ability. With as much roster turnover as he's had, it'd be unrealistic and unfair to give him 1+ seasons to make a playoff team.

Indazone
01-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Ivaroni's head is on the block because of their record and because he's got players pointing fingers at each other and he can't get a set rotation. His play calling has been suspect and he can't get his team to play as a unit. Other then that, he's fine. It's still mainly the record.

JMarkJohns
01-14-2009, 01:53 PM
They are young and full of wing players who need the ball. If anyone placed expectations on them, they should be blamed for the fingerpointing amongst the players. Let the youngsters get used to each other. A crap load of perimeter ballhogs with almost zero big men worked in Golden State in time.

JMarkJohns
01-14-2009, 01:55 PM
As for Conley... Dragic/Tucker and a future 2nd or two for Conley.

dirk4mvp
01-14-2009, 01:56 PM
How's it Ivaroni's fault? Outside of Gay Mayo and occasionally Warrick, there's not a lot of talent to work with there.

romad_20
01-14-2009, 03:33 PM
The Grizzles will never get better if they don't give the coach a chance. Ivaroni's been there what 1 1/3 seasons? I'd give him at least 3 years. I think he's a decent coach who could at least get them in the playoffs in a couple of years. They have a decent core of young players there.

sook
01-14-2009, 03:44 PM
please trade him for rafer morey...please