PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use gamefly?

Slydragon
01-14-2009, 08:01 PM
Buying game for 2 systems gets expense fast so I just sign up for a 30 day trial for 2 games at a time. I want to play games like Resistance 2 because just like Gear of War 2 which I bought, I play the single player game but never touch online so it just sits there collecting dust.

I got some online games that if I like I may buy (Little Big Planet) but otherwise would have never even touch so this should help me get a feel for a game.

How is shipping? Some of the game I pick say "Availability Low" so does that mean it will be awhile before I get that game in? Ever have any issues with gamefly?

TwAnKiEs
01-14-2009, 08:41 PM
I was going to get a 30 day free trial but I didn't have enough on my netspend to cover the month they run b4 it starts. I like how you can rent it out and if you like it, you can let them know that you want to buy it. I think I am looking into the blockbuster thing.

PM5K
01-14-2009, 08:47 PM
I kind of like the Blockbuster pass, I'm not saying it's better but I like being able to go in and get a game when I want it, and you can also rent Blu-Ray movies..

Money wise GameFly is better (1.00 more gets you two out at a time instead of one).

Price wise though compared to buying, you could rent games for almost three months, or buy one game and it's about the same (65.00).

Resistance 2 wasn't as good as Resistance in my opinion, I haven't played LBP but I want to.

DannyT
01-14-2009, 09:00 PM
i have done gamefly in the past and yes have had issues with the availability of games especially new releases and the shipping is an issue if you let it be....basically just say you returned the game and it hasnt cleared your que tell them to send the next title and when you get send back the game youre done with...its an ok system but I would agree with pm5k that BBuster is prolly a better option....

PM5K
01-14-2009, 09:02 PM
i have done gamefly in the past and yes have had issues with the availability of games especially new releases and the shipping is an issue if you let it be....basically just say you returned the game and it hasnt cleared your que tell them to send the next title and when you get send back the game youre done with...its an ok system but I would agree with pm5k that BBuster is prolly a better option....

I wouldn't say it's a better option, just the one I prefer since I can be pretty impatient, and unpredictable...

:toast

DannyT
01-14-2009, 09:04 PM
why not a better option...no mail ordering...no crazy back order waiting...and if the game is fucked up you dont have to wait another week for it to get to you...just me...its cool for the trial but aftrer that...whats five more bucks for truely unlimited rentals

PM5K
01-14-2009, 09:17 PM
why not a better option...no mail ordering...no crazy back order waiting...and if the game is fucked up you dont have to wait another week for it to get to you...just me...its cool for the trial but aftrer that...whats five more bucks for truely unlimited rentals

Maybe you're right, I just wasn't ready to take such a definitive stance.

Slydragon
01-14-2009, 10:24 PM
So BB is 1 game at a time and for as long as you want?

PM5K
01-14-2009, 10:58 PM
So BB is 1 game at a time and for as long as you want?

Yes, 1 game out at a time for as long as you want it for 21.99 a month. They also told me I could get movies as well, Blu-Ray included but I haven't gotten one yet.

They also have a two out plan but it's more, I don't know how much though, I'm ok with one game at a time.

Slydragon
01-14-2009, 11:49 PM
I stop renting games from BB a long time ago because they never had any of the good games in, they were always out.

PM5K
01-15-2009, 12:22 AM
I stop renting games from BB a long time ago because they never had any of the good games in, they were always out.

Not much different from GameFly I hear.

BB isn't bad, especially when you want the most popular games, they have more copies of them.

Slydragon
01-17-2009, 12:28 AM
Ok so I made the account on the 14th and pick my games and put them in order. Today the 16 I got both my games already and in order they were put in.

I also like that they have a option to buy the game. Click buy and they will send you the case in a few days and send you the next game you have pick.

Resistance 2 price is 46.99
NBA2k9 price is 48.99

I think that's kind of cool because if I really like the game I can buy it and keep the one I have. I know it may be cheaper on ebay but threw gamefly I can try the game out allot before I buy.

BlackSwordsMan
01-17-2009, 01:32 AM
You don't have to pay the monthly fee at BB. They only charge me 8$ to rent a game I keep up to 2-3 weeks.
The bb at olmos used to let you rent 4 games at once now it's only 2

DannyT
01-17-2009, 02:36 AM
buy 2k9 join our league....and filla voided spot we have

Slydragon
01-17-2009, 04:14 AM
You don't have to pay the monthly fee at BB. They only charge me 8$ to rent a game I keep up to 2-3 weeks.
The bb at olmos used to let you rent 4 games at once now it's only 2

So you live by that one?

buy 2k9 join our league....and filla voided spot we have

I'm not too good yet and don't want to be the scrub team. I roll Spurs or nothing. seriously I feel weird using other teams like I'm dirty.

BlackSwordsMan
01-17-2009, 07:30 AM
So you live by that one?

yah

leemajors
01-17-2009, 12:44 PM
my roomate had someone flash the firmware on his 360 dvd drive. he can now play burned games online :tu

balli
01-17-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm not too good yet and don't want to be the scrub team.
That's funny. I thought about signing up, but I too, refuse to play until I can scrap with anybody. Unfortunately, as much as I try to play, I'm not enjoying 2k9 at all and I doubt, unless something changes, that the day ever comes when I'm actually good at the game.

Slydragon
01-17-2009, 05:34 PM
yah
I work at the olmos HeB

my roomate had someone flash the firmware on his 360 dvd drive. he can now play burned games online :tu

I tought modded xbox's can't go online because the systems get banned. I could be wrong tho

leemajors
01-17-2009, 05:39 PM
I work at the olmos HeB

I tought modded xbox's can't go online because the systems get banned. I could be wrong tho

we did too, but it works just fine. he paid some dude on craigslist $40 and met him in the fry's parking lot in Austin. it was just a firmware flash, no soldering or drive replacement involved. he made sure to buy a Jasper one too.

BlackSwordsMan
01-17-2009, 06:12 PM
I work at the olmos HeB

You the guy with the KENWOOD tattoo on your arm? :wow

DannyT
01-17-2009, 06:16 PM
sly its a fantasy leage so no team has its real players...ball and sly should just just for the fuck of it...who cares if you get your ass kicked like me...just join and play...

DannyT
01-17-2009, 06:18 PM
and yes modded 360's are liable to get banned from online play IF caught....but some cats say they have been on for years and havent had anything happen yet...but it also depends on the games as well....they have to be burned the right way or some shit....

lee does your boy rip his own games or does he buy them from "vendors"

robino2001
01-17-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm super late to respond but I've had gamefly for about 2 years now... I still enjoy it. I do the two at a time - that way I always have one in hand when I ship back. If I ship on a Monday, they'll check it in and have the next one shipped by Tuesday and I'll have the next in hand by Wednesday (lately) or Thursday. The turn around has sped up since I joined because they opened a distribution center in Austin. The discounted buy now prices are nice - they're not spectacular, but are good. They also give you $5 to spend to buy a game every quarter and they'll do random $10 off every now and then like black friday every year, or they're doing on now for some reason. Shipping availabilities vary - if it's a brand new release I want, I'll be sure to return a game the day before the release date to try and snag it.

If you have any specific questions, I'll pay attention to the thread.

DannyT
01-17-2009, 07:04 PM
they opened a distribution center in Austin.

thats why...I was wondering how Sly got his games so quick

Slydragon
01-17-2009, 08:06 PM
You the guy with the KENWOOD tattoo on your arm? :wow

No, I got a skull and cross bones with a spurs hat on backward on one of my arms.

leemajors
01-18-2009, 05:22 AM
and yes modded 360's are liable to get banned from online play IF caught....but some cats say they have been on for years and havent had anything happen yet...but it also depends on the games as well....they have to be burned the right way or some shit....

lee does your boy rip his own games or does he buy them from "vendors"

he gets them off of usenet

MannyIsGod
08-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Tried GF for a few months now and I gotta say that it blows. Have yet to get a single game I really wanted. Canceling this shit today but I might try the new BB online service since its both movies and games now.

Drachen
08-23-2010, 01:44 PM
I don't really rent games, but if anyone is interested there is a redbox type machine for gaming rentals at the valero at fredricksburg and datapoint.