PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on our beloved Mavs tonight

Ghazi
01-14-2009, 10:57 PM
The effort was good , but the outcome was not :(. I'm hurt... kudos to Wright/Terry/Dirk.

I'm starting to think, is Jason Kidd just as much of a problem for this team as J-Ho? I mean, it may be a legitimate discussion. He's not shooting well, he's not shooting often, he's not getting into the paint often... we're not really a good transition/run and gun team.... he was a big bag of useless tonight. I didnt' expect him to outplay CP3 obviously, but still.... 4/27 in the last 3 games

Im hurt guys :(, mediocrity sucks and now I'm more interested in the rumor mill than the actual games

BRHornet45
01-14-2009, 11:00 PM
son Kidd's years of beating women are coming back to haunt him on the court.

dirk4mvp
01-14-2009, 11:05 PM
son Kidd's years of beating women are coming back to haunt him on the court.

Don't worry son, 10 years from now, karma will not forget Paul punching Hodge in the dick.

portpower_11
01-14-2009, 11:05 PM
I was etremely mad on Kidd. Once Dirk made a shot and get back within 5 pts. Mavs has the possession, then Kidd made a stupid turnover. Paul hit an easy two, that's the game!

Brickhouse
01-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Watching Kidd shoot these last couple of games is fucking painful.

Mavs lost to another good team, no surprises here.

monosylab1k
01-14-2009, 11:35 PM
VwZAIO7q9v8

Brickhouse
01-15-2009, 12:23 AM
Lakerfan does speak some truth. The nut-licking Dallas media rarely calls out Donnie and Mark.

Findog
01-15-2009, 12:30 AM
Why dont Mavs fans organize a blog and boycott their pathetic team. Dirk is going to waste on that team. You guys have to demand better from your owner. This is why the Lakers keep a good team. You shoud hear the radio shows and blogs when our team isnt good... which is rarely.

Dallas is all about the Cowboys. I feel so bad for Dirk, because he deserves so much better. This is starting to resemble KG's last days in Minnesota. I would trade Dirk if it were in the best interests of the franchise, and Cuban had better send him to a team that has a chance to win, but my only hope is that somehow this thing can get turned around for one last shot with Dirk.

td4mvp21
01-15-2009, 12:33 AM
Dirk needs to be more vocal to Cuban if he wants to change the team around. I'm not sure if he already has but that seems to me what he needs to do.

Findog
01-15-2009, 12:33 AM
Watching the Mavs is such a beating these days, but on the other hand, I want to watch Dirk do his thing in a Mavs uni before he's done.

portpower_11
01-15-2009, 01:11 AM
Dirk should tell Cuban "either let me go or make a trade".

Ghazi
01-15-2009, 01:21 AM
Trade Dirk to the Cavs. Lebron is winning the next 5 titles.

Brickhouse
01-15-2009, 01:30 AM
As much as we rag on them for not trading, you have to realize that there really isn't anything enticing on this shitty team outside of the "core". Thanks to incompetency.

The thing needs to be blown up. The FO has no idea what direction they want to go in. Either make a major move to try one more time this season or play the scrubs every night b/c there is no fucking reason to have Dirk and the starters log major minutes every night. And just for shits and giggles, they should have Dampier play SG. At least that would be more entertaining than this team now.

monosylab1k
01-15-2009, 01:32 AM
The Mavs should just say "fuck it" and play the most wildass Nellie/D'Antoni lovechild of an offense imaginable. Just push the ball like a madman on offense and fuck defense (cuz they can't play D anyways).

At least then I'd have fun watching them lose to good teams.

monosylab1k
01-15-2009, 01:33 AM
But unfortunately, we do have Ivory Johnson coaching this team, so that would never happen.

Brickhouse
01-15-2009, 01:40 AM
Lineup against the Jazz should be:

Barea
Diop (play this fucker 48 minutes)
Wright
Green
Williams

Bench: Singleton

Dick Breath as water boy

Findog
01-15-2009, 01:42 AM
According to every single beat writer, the Mavs are burning up the phone lines, but nobody wants any of our shit besides Dirk, Jet and Josh. Kidd has a valuable expirer, so they need to move him for something that makes sense.

monosylab1k
01-15-2009, 01:46 AM
According to every single beat writer, the Mavs are burning up the phone lines, but nobody wants any of our shit besides Dirk, Jet and Josh. Kidd has a valuable expirer, so they need to move him for something that makes sense.

Probably more accurate is that no team wants to trade their gold for our shit. All Cuban talks about is getting a Gasol-type trade, which just isn't going to happen. I was shocked the Bobcats were actually considering a Diop for Felton deal. That's as close to a raping as the Mavs will ever get (unless they're on the receiving end).

Cuban expects to turn lead into gold, but unfortunately he doesn't have the connections or the power that Jerry Buss has, so there will be no bullshit collusion for the little Mavericks. They're going to have to do a trade the old-fashioned way - give up value in order to get something of value in return.

Brickhouse
01-15-2009, 01:53 AM
Cuban also expects that a big name will want to sign with the Mavs in 2010 to play with an aging Dirk and D-leaguers.

Cuban also said that many "stars" were willing to take less money to play for the Mavs. All this is bullshit.

The team has no future and no direction right now.

No reasonable trade right now is going to make this team elite. No way Donnie and Mark pull off a Gasol-like trade.

I would consider a Dirk trade to Atlanta for some of their young players (Horford or Josh Smith?). Atlanta is the type of team that could be willing to part with some of their young studs to net a player like Dirk to play next to Joe Johnson.

And then get rid of the rest of the crap on the team.

monosylab1k
01-15-2009, 01:55 AM
Cuban also expects that a big name will want to sign with the Mavs in 2010 to play with an aging Dirk and D-leaguers.

Cuban also said that many "stars" were willing to take less money to play for the Mavs. All this is bullshit.

The team has no future and no direction right now.

No reasonable trade right now is going to make this team elite. No way Donnie and Mark pull off a Gasol-like trade.

I would consider a Dirk trade to Atlanta for some of their young players (Horford or Josh Smith?). Atlanta is the type of team that could be willing to part with some of their young studs to net a player like Dirk to play next to Joe Johnson.

And then get rid of the rest of the crap on the team.

Cuban and Donnie have fed us nothing but bullshit for 3 years now. The fans need to revolt. Nobody expects the front office to be totally open with the fans, but this is a Texas Rangers-like level of deception and flat-out dishonesty.

Mark Cuban is very quickly turning into the most ugly mixture of Jerry Jones and Tom Hicks you can imagine. He thinks he has the ability to make personnel decisions while also deciding to screw the fans with a mediocre team as he hoards their money by the barrel.

Findog
01-15-2009, 01:58 AM
Probably more accurate is that no team wants to trade their gold for our shit. All Cuban talks about is getting a Gasol-type trade, which just isn't going to happen. I was shocked the Bobcats were actually considering a Diop for Felton deal. That's as close to a raping as the Mavs will ever get (unless they're on the receiving end).

Cuban expects to turn lead into gold, but unfortunately he doesn't have the connections or the power that Jerry Buss has, so there will be no bullshit collusion for the little Mavericks. They're going to have to do a trade the old-fashioned way - give up value in order to get something of value in return.

They resisted needed changes because of how close they felt they were - a few bounces of the ball here and there in 2006 and a dominant regular season in 2007. You come up short, well guess what? You're not going to change the result by tinkering with the edges of your rotation, by swapping out an Adrian Griffin here for a Greg Buckner there.

Brickhouse
01-15-2009, 02:06 AM
As long as the games sell out and the team is still above .500, I doubt Cuban does much this season.

Findog
01-15-2009, 02:09 AM
Cuban and Donnie have fed us nothing but bullshit for 3 years now. The fans need to revolt. Nobody expects the front office to be totally open with the fans, but this is a Texas Rangers-like level of deception and flat-out dishonesty.

Mark Cuban is very quickly turning into the most ugly mixture of Jerry Jones and Tom Hicks you can imagine. He thinks he has the ability to make personnel decisions while also deciding to screw the fans with a mediocre team as he hoards their money by the barrel.

Why do these guys want to get in the kitchen instead of just buying the groceries?

endrity
01-15-2009, 02:21 AM

Unfortunately, Mono is very right here. To expect the Mavs to pull a Gasol type deal is not realistic. The Lakers have much more clout in the league to pull something like that. The Mavs quite simply don't. The best we can get was smth like Diop for Felton. Which we have to do really quickly. Because as I have said from the beginning, Jason Kidd is done! Absolutey done! Pretty much we traded for a corpse.

They resisted needed changes because of how close they felt they were - a few bounces of the ball here and there in 2006 and a dominant regular season in 2007. You come up short, well guess what? You're not going to change the result by tinkering with the edges of your rotation, by swapping out an Adrian Griffin here for a Greg Buckner there.

The problem is that when a team comes close a couple of times and doesn't win it, it rarely continues to come back. We have many consecutive champions in sports, but very few consecutive number 2s. The reason is very simple, if the core isn't good enough, the motivation simply drops. After the GS debacle something a bit more radical had to happen, the core simply had too many scars to come back without an important new piece.

And it seems to me like they still tried stuff like this for a while, small trades. Well we have to blow the core up. Howard, Kidd have to be in trade talks. To a certain extent Jet and Damp. And if they are bringing in young players, draft picks, which means the team will not be competitive for the next 2-3 years trade Dirk. The franchise owes a lot to him. He took them to levels never seen before in Dallas. They owe him the right to trade him to a contender where he can win the ring he deserves much more than KG ever did.

Findog
01-15-2009, 02:53 AM
I agree if Dirk requested a trade to a contender, the Mavs would be obliged to honor that request.

endrity
01-15-2009, 03:29 AM
I agree if Dirk requested a trade to a contender, the Mavs would be obliged to honor that request.

Well I don't think Dirk will ever request it, but if the Mavs were to blow this thing up then trade Dirk to a contender. I know a team in northern Ohio would drool over adding him to their team.

Indazone
01-15-2009, 10:25 AM
damn, it's not even fun trolling your boards anymore.

mavsfan1000
01-15-2009, 10:37 AM
damn, it's not even fun trolling your boards anymore.
It's not fun being a fan anymore. I used to look forward to mavs games. Not anymore.

Shank
01-15-2009, 11:38 AM
If the team management is going to half-ass the way they run their organization, then it's only fair that the fans do the same unless we hear of a resolution. You can't keep trotting out this same bullshit every year (YOU FUCKING HEAR ME, DONNIE!??) and expect people to keep coming out to games to root on the same lineup that breaks our hearts year after year.

It's a business and it's bleeding. Fucking fix it or find someone else who can. Cuban, though, mocks the fanbase that throws out trade proposals, saying we're all just a bunch of "armchair" GMs. But I can guarantee him a number of the fans can spot talent better than him and likely do a great job managing their fantasy basketball teams through smart trades (I know it's not relevant). But until then, fuck those guys.

Ghazi
01-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Oh how my heart weeps for our beloved Mavs :(

I wouldn't say we're "doomed" per se, but we sure as hell are mediocre. Devin's slashing and scoring is surely missed, Stackhouse's legs are missed, a J-Ho who gave a shit is missed, a Diop who could atleast defend/rebound to offset his offensive ineptitude is missed, rebounding/defense are missed, a 30 YO Dirk isn't as good as a 27-28 YO Dirk was, lethality (is that a word) from behind the 3 PT arc is missed. Defenses cheat towards Dirk and our shooting isn't efficient enough to make them pay for it.

I miss Marquis as well, what'd we get out of him... a white guy who isn't even on the team anymore. UGH!

39-34 counting last years playoffs since the Kidd trade and 9-26 v +.500 teams. at first I was excited about the trade, then I suggested it was simply a lateral move, and now I'm jaded and miserable! Devin on our roster may not have made us elite, but I'd rather be teased by a 55 win team than frustrated by what looks like a 45 win team.

One factor that made us so good in 06-07 was 5 guys that could on a given night give us 20+... Devin, Stack, Dirk, Terry, and Ho.... now it's just 3 basically, and Ho's been out 1/3 the games this year and is shit in the other 2/3 he plays, even when he IS scoring 20+.

How I weep :(, it's beyond repair at this point. The Gasol trade hasn't even guaranteed the Lakers a title, a "fair" trade for us wouldn't guarantee much either. But I'd welcome it with open arms, "championship or bust" can blow me. Winning 55 and a playoff series or two is far more fun from a fan standpoint than winning 45-50 and finishing 9th or getting quickly eliminated from the playoffs in 5-6 games.

Findog
01-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Five categories of teams in this league:
Contenders (Lakers, Celtics, Cavs, Magic, Spurs)
Pretenders (Nuggets, Suns, Hawks)
Running on a treadmill mediocrity and going nowhere (our Mavs)
Rebuilders (Good kind: Blazers Bad kind: Kings, Bobcats)
A Mess (Warriors, Wizards, Clippers)

The Mavs aren't a mess, but thanks to four years of mismanagement, they have gone from elite contenders to 40 win treadmill mediocrity. Will the Mavs even finish above .500? They're better than the bottom feeders to finish lower than ninth, assuming they remain healthy. But they clearly look like the ninth-best team in the West right now.

When was the last time the Mavs had a good summer? I'd say 2004 when they were able to retool on the fly after Nash left. When was the last good FA signing the Mavs had? Maybe Diop's original deal?

Cuban and Donnie together have fucked this thing up. Not that it would put us over the top or radically change things, but what was the reason for trading Marquis for Austin Croshere? When was the last time the Mavs actually won a trade? Fatoine for JET? I'm afraid things won't really change until Cuban fires Donnie and then brings in a GM that knows what he's doing and stays out of his way. Say what you will about Nellie and how his style will not yield a title, but he knows talent and can build a franchise. Cuban was lucky to inherit him when he bought the team.

Ghazi
01-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Aren't pretenders good teams like the Hornets/Hawks/Nuggets who may tease their fans but actually have no shot of winning a title? Atleast that's how I've looked at it ;)

The Mavs seem like they're just a middle of the pack team, nothing "pretending" abut that.

Findog
01-15-2009, 03:19 PM
And yeah, Diop for Felton would be great, since Kidd won't be here next year, hopefully won't be here come March, and Diop is a huge waste of money.

Findog
01-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Aren't pretenders good teams like the Hornets/Hawks/Nuggets who may tease their fans but actually have no shot of winning a title? Atleast that's how I've looked at it ;)

The Mavs seem like they're just a middle of the pack team, nothing "pretending" abut that.

You might have to create a new category: Treading Water and Going Nowhere, Not rebuilding, not Contending, Not a Mess (a huge one, anyways. Be glad you're not a Clips or Wiz fan).

You want your team to either be contending or rebuilding, in that order. You don't want to be a mess or on the 40 win treadmill.

Ghazi
01-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Agreed :'(

Killakobe81
01-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Great posts in here love the respect you guys giving Dirk I always felt he took too much heat ...for Finals and playoffs bottom line is matchups when he gets a good one he torches the dude for 30 and 10 and when he doesnt he looks ordinary 20 and 5 (for him) I would take him on my team Dirk for Odom all day everyday I would even consider Gasol ...but that would be tougher ...