PDA

View Full Version : Props to the Spurs

DazedAndConfused
01-14-2009, 11:37 PM
It would have been cruel if you last the game after outplaying the Lakers for most of the night.

galvatron3000
01-14-2009, 11:37 PM
We need frontline help!!

Banzai
01-14-2009, 11:38 PM
great game from both teams.

MeIII
01-14-2009, 11:40 PM
Don't let the win fool you.

The Spurs have a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE Weakness with lack of a 2nd quality big.

That defense was pathetic.

Some stupid Spurs fans will probably be happy with that miracle win.

Purple & Gold
01-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Good game from both teams, Lakers played well. Some huge mistakes by the Lakers at the end. What was Fisher doing fouling Mason? Ariza didn't travel and was fouled but he shouldn't have had the ball at the end. Lakers on the road, injured, second night of back to backs, a questionable call at the end. I'll take it, happy with the split.

portpower_11
01-14-2009, 11:44 PM

The Spurs have a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE Weakness with lack of a 2nd quality big.

----------------------

Agree with that. Spurs's big three all have a good game. Lakers in a B2B after a tough win in Houston, and they also missed their PG backup.

With such lineup, Spurs is hardly to win Lakers in a series. Spurs should try to get a big man, if there is an owners as stupid as Cuban or Grizziles'

leemajors
01-14-2009, 11:45 PM
the back and forth at the end of the first half between kobe and manu was ridiculous.

Purple & Gold
01-14-2009, 11:45 PM
It's also obvious Odom is just a luxury and our PG position is substandard. Odom for Hinrich please.

galvatron3000
01-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Good game from both teams, Lakers played well. Some huge mistakes by the Lakers at the end. What was Fisher doing fouling Mason? Ariza didn't travel and was fouled but he shouldn't have had the ball at the end. Lakers on the road, injured, second night of back to backs, a questionable call at the end. I'll take it, happy with the split.

Yes he should have because Kobe was doubled and Ariza was open, it should not have been a call made at all either but he still missed the shot and Spurs rebounded, GAME.

galvatron3000
01-14-2009, 11:47 PM
It's also obvious Odom is just a luxury and our PG position is substandard. Odom for Hinrich please.

we'll take Odom off your hands, we can offer Udoka and Bowen:king

ginobili's bald spot
Both teams played hard.

Purple & Gold
Ariza's offense is not that good. He had an open shot but passed it up. Everybody knew he was gonna drive. Players like Ariza don't get calls at the end of the game. He shouldn't have had it at the end.

Purple & Gold
01-14-2009, 11:48 PM
we'll take Odom off your hands, we can offer Udoka and Bowen:king

Neither of those are a PG. Hinrich is a good PG and should be available. No brainer for both teams.

jmanu20
01-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Odom's length and defense have bothered the Spurs in the past on many occasions. He had an off game, it happens.

weebo
01-14-2009, 11:50 PM
Neither of those are a PG. Hinrich is a good PG and should be available. No brainer for both teams.

We'll throw in JVaughn:lol

Purple & Gold
01-14-2009, 11:51 PM
Odom played well, it's not about his game. Just that we have other players that are more than adequate and there is a huge whole at PG. It needs to be addressed.

ManuTP9
01-14-2009, 11:52 PM
excellent game man

scanry
01-15-2009, 12:20 AM
We'll throw in JVaughn:lol

We still have that fool on our squad. I though Pop send him to Serbia.

td4mvp21
01-15-2009, 12:21 AM
I didn't think we needed another big but we do. It would help with a number of teams.

Axl Van Dam
01-15-2009, 12:24 AM

:downspin:You need to lighten up dude. :downspin:

Biggems
01-15-2009, 12:27 AM
the Spurs got way too careless with the ball in the 4th....what like 10 turnovers?

YellowFever
01-15-2009, 12:38 AM

Check out the "San Antonio Spurs" side of the board.

The "we would have won against the Lakers last year with a healthy Manu and well beat the Lakers this year with a healthy Manu" arguments are rampaging again. :lol

That was one helluva win by the Spurs. Tim came up big and held his own against our big guys (at least in the second half) but it became obviously clear over the course of the game that you guys definitely need a big guy helping him out.

I didn't see Manu going ape and driving to the basket with recklessness (ala D-Wade) that much and that's probably a good thing as that will get him hurt again.
Parker needs to make some better decisions with the ball late in games.
Mason is a solid player and will make a very good complimentary player for TD and he is sorely needed because I think Bowen is getting old very fast.

Bottom line is you guys are one solid big man and one decent backup PG (or maybe even a very nice one to replace Parker in the starting line up) away from seriously competing for the ring again.

galvatron3000
01-15-2009, 08:23 AM

Yeah, I know I was just kidding cause I have no doubt the Lakers wouldn't do that deal anyway but hey we'll throw in Vaughn too like he said above :toast

sonic21
01-15-2009, 08:29 AM
1 of the worst defensive game this season for the spurs (i'm not counting the 5 1st game of the season)

mystargtr34
01-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Check out the "San Antonio Spurs" side of the board.

The "we would have won against the Lakers last year with a healthy Manu and well beat the Lakers this year with a healthy Manu" arguments are rampaging again. :lol

That was one helluva win by the Spurs. Tim came up big and held his own against our big guys (at least in the second half) but it became obviously clear over the course of the game that you guys definitely need a big guy helping him out.

I didn't see Manu going ape and driving to the basket with recklessness (ala D-Wade) that much and that's probably a good thing as that will get him hurt again.
Parker needs to make some better decisions with the ball late in games.
Mason is a solid player and will make a very good complimentary player for TD and he is sorely needed because I think Bowen is getting old very fast.

Bottom line is you guys are one solid big man and one decent backup PG (or maybe even a very nice one to replace Parker in the starting line up) away from seriously competing for the ring again.

Good post for a change - expect the last part. George Hill is already one of the best backup PG's in the league. As for Parker, hes probably the second best PG in the league.

pauls931
01-15-2009, 10:02 AM
I agree with a previous post. I think Bowen's time is just about up. His D is starting to slip a bit(notice how older players play defense with their hands rather than their hands and feet) and his contributions on Offense are almost non-existant these days.

A quality big? Hell try being the suns and playing for decades without a quality big. haha

hater
01-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Lakers were shooting lights out. Lakers would have won by double figures vs. last year's Spurs.

on the other hand, SPurs fucked up big time in the 4th. they almost gave the game away, when they should have won by double figures