PDA

View Full Version : Bad calls at the end

IcemanCometh
01-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Not a foul on Mason and not a travel by Ariza. But at least we won

HarlemHeat37
01-14-2009, 11:45 PM
the Mason play was CLEARLY a foul..he got him low..

Ariza's play is a no-call..there's no way they would call that at the end of a game for Trevor Ariza..

ClingingMars
01-14-2009, 11:46 PM
ariza was a no call but it was a MISS, which would have benefited the Spurs more.

-Mars

mcornelio
01-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Can anyone make me a gif of kobe at the end of the game his face was priceless... or after manu's three pointer before the end of the half when the towel boy went to give him a towel and he slammed it to the floor... please and thanks

Spurs#1
01-14-2009, 11:47 PM
Only an idiot wouldn't think Mason was fouled.

jmanu20
01-14-2009, 11:47 PM
Fisher DID foul Mason.....I still think Ariza traveled but I can also see where a no-call might have been the correct thing.

01-14-2009, 11:48 PM
gasol tangled his arms with duncan, causing duncan to go off balance and flick that shot up. that should have been a foul too. but i guess no calls went both ways.

ManuTP9
not sure but it was amazing

Frenzy
Can anyone make me a gif of kobe at the end of the game his face was priceless... or after manu's three pointer before the end of the half when the towel boy went to give him a towel and he slammed it to the floor... please and thanks

haha already working on it

baseline bum
01-14-2009, 11:49 PM
That's the exact play Jason Terry made to foul Manu out in OT of game 4 in the 06 Dallas series.

pawe
01-14-2009, 11:52 PM
That was not a travel on ariza but the refs wont call a foul on the lakers unless it's Kobe. Shit, TD was fouled and it should been an and1 but the refs didnt call it.

galvatron3000
01-14-2009, 11:53 PM
Ariza didn't travel it was clear on replay but that is a no call at best. Ariza bumped a Spurs' player and in real time to e ref it may have appeared to be a travel or some kind of extra step.

Clearly Mason was fouled, it was apparent without the replay but if you watched the replay and can't see it you have problems with basketball rules 101. In the act of shooting, player comes from behind and bumps shooter to the floor, FOUL!!

Spurologist
01-14-2009, 11:54 PM
Yes it was a foul he grabbed mason you cock.

And Ariza took a hop-step then another 2 steps. That is a travel

:lmao that's not even allowed in Europe.

a hop step and then 2 more steps

HarlemHeat37
01-14-2009, 11:54 PM
if Ariza's play was Wade or Lebron, they call it..not for anybody else IMO..

the refs were fine in this game though..I don't know why Spurs fans were complaining, calls went both ways..I know you guys are frustrated with the refs, especially after the Orlando game..I criticized the refs heavily after that game..but the refs were good for this one..

daslicer
01-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Honestly I could careless about the refs dicking over the Lakers for once at the end of the game. Fuck the Lakers foreal we all know they will get their phantom fouls called for them come playoff time.

Kobe™
Good Win,
You deserved it

jbspurs

Not a foul on Mason? Fisher didn't even complain about the call...

And it was a travel on Ariza! It's hard to see on replay, it wasnt' extra step, but he did a slow motion step.

smeagol
01-14-2009, 11:56 PM

Where the fuck have you been?

Obstructed_View
01-14-2009, 11:58 PM
If they hadn't called the travel the game would have just ended sooner, because the Spurs got the rebound of the missed shot.

pawe
01-14-2009, 11:59 PM
It was clearly a foul on Mason, what game were you guys watching.

Horry For 3!
01-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Do you not understand basketball? The calls were correct as can be.

Spork KIller
01-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Cheater fucks!!!

Bailed out by the refs....AGAIN!

Spork KIller
01-15-2009, 12:07 AM
and still only won by one pathetic point!

anakha
01-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Thanks for all your support, Louis. :lol

Obstructed_View
01-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Win.

/thread

Creation88
01-15-2009, 12:09 AM
shut the fuck up your a Spurs fan.

jmard5
01-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Agree. Refs were pretty good in this game.

Spork KIller.
01-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Cheater fucks!!!

Damn I wish my team didn't suck so much. I wouldn't have to be such a douchebag and troll the forum of the team that owns my team!

NRHector
01-15-2009, 12:15 AM
and how sweet it is :flag: one day your suns will be like the spurs not this decade, may be not this century or next century or in your next life but hang in there that day will come

iggypop123
01-15-2009, 12:16 AM
refs were good this game. it was just a lucky play by mason. nothing to worry about. the lakers concnern needs to be health, thats the only obstacle for tonights loss

Hemotivo
01-15-2009, 12:23 AM
videos of the controversial calls/no-calls?

braeden0613
01-15-2009, 12:32 AM
Seriously you need some stronger glasses if you think Ariza didn't travel there. I was floored that they actually called it.

galvatron3000
01-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Hey Galvatronsomerfagcock,

HE took a HOP-STEP, then another 2 STEPS.

That is a TRAVEL

Dude grow up if you want to call me out do it with respect homie, I didn't see a hop step, it wasn't a travel. He was in the air on the supposed hot step and the ball was out of his hand, you have replay and you guys still fck up calls and then have the internet courage to try and disrespect someone who disagrees. Ok, net gangstas have it your way.

EricB
01-15-2009, 08:42 AM
The Fisher foul was 100% legit.

The Ariza travel was 100% legit.

Don't know what game you were watching.

urunobili
01-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Damn I wish my team didn't suck so much. I wouldn't have to be such a douchebag and troll the forum of the team that owns my team!

:cry

ElNono
01-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Cheater fucks!!!

How's Terry Porter working out for you?

4everSpurFan
01-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Phoenix fans pls GTFO...

What a game last night... I was there and boy do the laker nuthuggers talk so much trash:lol including the wives

didn't see the replay on ariza but it looked like a travel to me..

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-15-2009, 09:47 AM
The last call was interesting. I think it was definately a homecourt call, but they happen all the time in the league, even to the Nuggets :smokin . The interesting part is when the whistle blew, was it before the shot? I can't remember but if it was before the shot then maybe Ariza rushed the shot on hearing the whistle.

It was an awesome game to watch and a fantastic ending.

mrspurs
01-15-2009, 10:26 AM

Agreed. We won the game.

dmac
01-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Seriously you need some stronger glasses if you think Ariza didn't travel there. I was floored that they actually called it.

I thught this was the NBA. The refs NEVER call traveling in the NBA.

Nice to see it happen.

Fingaroll44
01-15-2009, 10:41 AM

yea...in the won/loss column it says "W but by 1 point" LOL

sa_butta
01-15-2009, 11:26 AM
yea...in the won/loss column it says "W but by 1 point" LOL
Really, put this one with the collection of asteriks we already have.

DPG21920
01-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Just watched the replay. It was a foul on Fisher. But it was not a travel. Ariza got the ball of just before he landed on the jump step. It was close, but should have been a no call.

z0sa
01-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Just watched the replay. It was a foul on Fisher. But it was not a travel. Ariza got the ball of just before he landed on the jump step. It was close, but should have been a no call.

It's Trevor Ariza, aka NOBODY.

Hilarious, LA getting calls such a large portion of the time even spurfan expects the refs to give LA's no name players touch fouls and the benefit of the doubt.

Man In Black
01-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Ariza traveled because Manu established his position as Bonner was shading Ariza. Ariza then picked up the ball and took his 1st step with his right foot and lunged forward towards the basket in the air, as he tried to split the double team with his left foot, he banged legs with Manu who, again, was established. That left foot did not touch the ground. Ariza then put his right foot down again.

I DON'T GIVE A FUCK AS TO WHAT WHINY FAN THINKS. In any league, if you take 2 steps with the same foot. That is traveling, plain and simple.

Oh and fuck you Sun-Licker...your posts piss me off.
http://i44.tinypic.com/5o8mmb.jpg

DPG21920
01-15-2009, 11:58 AM
LiO0wA2ScPU

You can see at the end of the video the Ariza play in slo-mo. He takes two steps and gets the ball out right before he lands. It is very close, should not have been called, but it is over and it happens.

z0sa
01-15-2009, 12:20 PM
:lmao @ the people saying ^^ that Ginobili simply standing there with his arms up straight and palms showed to the refs is somehow a foul to be called in crunchtime.

Fabbs
01-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Did the Spurs have a foul to give?

I couldn't stomache Van Cunty and Jackson so went with mute.

Hemotivo
01-15-2009, 12:52 PM
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK AS TO WHAT WHINY FAN THINKS. In any league, if you take 2 steps with the same foot. That is traveling, plain and simple.

yep

buttsR4rebounding
01-15-2009, 01:12 PM

It's like opening a present on Christmas Day!

EricB
01-15-2009, 01:18 PM
The last call was interesting. I think it was definately a homecourt call, but they happen all the time in the league, even to the Nuggets :smokin . The interesting part is when the whistle blew, was it before the shot? I can't remember but if it was before the shot then maybe Ariza rushed the shot on hearing the whistle.

It was an awesome game to watch and a fantastic ending.

He took three steps.

How is that a "home court" call?

buttsR4rebounding
01-15-2009, 01:29 PM
LiO0wA2ScPU

You can see at the end of the video the Ariza play in slo-mo. He takes two steps and gets the ball out right before he lands. It is very close, should not have been called, but it is over and it happens.

Does the fact that he missed the shot anyway escaped everyone. The Spurs got the rebound. The game would have just ended without the inbounds pass to Bonner.:rolleyes

Observe
01-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Clearly Mason was fouled, it was apparent without the replay but if you watched the replay and can't see it you have problems with basketball rules 101. In the act of shooting, player comes from behind and bumps shooter to the floor, FOUL!!

If the player bumps the shooter from behind then shouldn't the shooter fall forward instead of backwards.

Is it possible that Mason jumped backwards while doing the splits to draw contact?

ThriveForFive
01-15-2009, 01:55 PM
I really don't see a travel on that play. I'd like to, but it isn't there. Ginobili had established position so there was no foul either. Them getting screwed tastes wonderful though. Especially with how the last game between these two ended.

DrHouse
01-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Mason clearly kicked his legs out in an effort to draw contact (which is an offensive foul), but Fisher was also stupid enough to play him that close from behind. It should have been a no-call IMHO. The Ariza "travel" should have been a no call as well.

Oh well, you can't win em all. Lakers should be more peeved for committing 3pt shooting fouls twice at the end of buzzers.

Observe
01-15-2009, 02:13 PM
And it was a travel on Ariza! It's hard to see on replay, it wasnt' extra step, but he did a slow motion step.

So you're saying that it wasn't an extra step. It was a regular step plus a slow motion step because he was bumped, so that equals two steps. And you call that travel. GOOD CALL :toast

01-15-2009, 02:27 PM
ariza MISSED the shot. it's not like lebron's 3 step crab dribble that went in. even if there was a no call, spurs get the rebound and win.

EricB
01-15-2009, 02:29 PM
Mason clearly kicked his legs out in an effort to draw contact (which is an offensive foul), but Fisher was also stupid enough to play him that close from behind. It should have been a no-call IMHO. The Ariza "travel" should have been a no call as well.

Oh well, you can't win em all. Lakers should be more peeved for committing 3pt shooting fouls twice at the end of buzzers.

:lol

And you accuse us of thinking the Spurs could shoot like that again, of being homers?

Ok.

Yeah hitting Mason behind BEFORE he swept his legs is not a foul at all.

Go rewatch the frame by frame picture. Fisher contacts Mason BEFORE Mason moves his legs.

Solid D
01-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Close games have lots of scrutiny.

While we're on the subject, I was wondering how Pau got away with the goal tend on Bynum's missed leaner. His hands were inside the rim cylinder as the ball made its 2nd bounce up there...and then he stuffed it. It was a good play if Pau was playing in Barcelona.

ClingingMars
01-15-2009, 03:14 PM

:lmao you sir are a fucking dumbass on the Mason foul.

-Mars

JamStone
01-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Definitely a foul, but Mason also definitely sold it. Had he not sold it, you could see the officials not calling it.

The Ariza play was a tougher call. It didn't appear like a travel in regular time, but on the replay, it did. Tough call either way. Probably should be a no call most of the time. Tough call, but not a bad call.

Spursone
01-15-2009, 03:22 PM
:lobt2:At the end Mason was fouled and even though the Lakers traveled it probably should not have been called. But who gives a sh_t, We Won!:lol

I think Popovich said it best........."What comes around, goes around!":lmao

ClingingMars
01-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Definitely a foul, but Mason also definitely sold it. Had he not sold it, you could see the officials not calling it.

what player in the NBA WOULDN'T sell a call?!?

-Mars

DrHouse
01-15-2009, 03:25 PM
I really don't care about the refs in the game. They aren't the reason why LAL lost.

Besides it's only January. We'll see you in the WCF, if you can make it there.

Spursone
01-15-2009, 03:25 PM
:flag:To me someone saying Mason sold it is a compliment elevating Mason's situational court sense to the next level. That's what you call smart!:rollin

Flux451
01-15-2009, 04:05 PM
The travel was called because of the pause and if he did a jump stop shot probably would of been ok. I thought it was a travel in real time, but looking at replays it looked legit. Oh well. Kobe had a couple that were no calls. Both sides at least looked equal on calls. Fair game.

Quiet Strength
01-15-2009, 04:24 PM
After seeing the replay of Ariza's travel.. I dont see a travel. I see him take a step then get hit by manu and take another step and shoot. When did he travel? Manu made a big mistake fouling ariza and was lucky it wasn't called. There were alot of missed calls obviously but as long as the spurs won I dont really care but I am curious how ariza traveled.

Killakobe81
01-15-2009, 04:27 PM
After seeing the replay of Ariza's travel.. I dont see a travel. I see him take a step then get hit by manu and take another step and shoot. When did he travel? Manu made a big mistake fouling ariza and was lucky it wasn't called. There were alot of missed calls obviously but as long as the spurs won I dont really care but I am curious how ariza traveled.

An honest fan it was a good game but there were some iffy calls both way it just seemed the Spurs got them at the end it happens ...
Fisher should not of gambled but he has played well all year i cut him some slack great shot by Mason ...

dogzofwar
01-15-2009, 04:56 PM
I did not see the game but from these replays here...how in the world can anyone say these are bad calls? Mason was clearly fouled in the back and only a homer would say differently. You can tell by Fisher's reaction that he messed up. And I guarantee that if you jump straight up in the air and someone bumps you in the back...your legs are going to flair out some...it's called instinct. Now did he exaggerate it some...maybe...but we aren't talking about a Reggie Miller special or anything.

I have seen everything in here from Definitely a travel to No Way in hell....and that's everyone replaying the thing 10 times trying to see. Hell...people are taking it frame by frame and can't agree! So this ref making an at speed judgment call (and if you have been to a live game...it's fast) on something that close....give me some credit for having the juevos to call it if he saw it. I would have rather seen the "maybe not" travel and the missed shot anyway (which really negates the need for all this) then a "probably did" travel not called and the shot made.

We give the refs so much s**t all the time about their WTF foul calls or lack there of....don't be horses asses and give them s**t when they make legit ones.

galvatron3000
01-15-2009, 06:00 PM
If the player bumps the shooter from behind then shouldn't the shooter fall forward instead of backwards.

Is it possible that Mason jumped backwards while doing the splits to draw contact?

definately possible but that's not the refs job on a situation like that you have to call a foul, I actually thought the refs didn't call a foul on the play but was glad to know they did.

DrHouse
01-15-2009, 06:12 PM
I don't blame the refs for making that call on Mason. He sold it well and Fisher should never have guarded him like that.

The Ariza call was BS and should never have been made, but he didn't make the shot anyways. All in all the refs were fair though.

To have games decided like that is horrible though. That's for damn sure. It's a good thing the next one will be a Laker blowout in Staples. Spurs just can't compete in that arena.

EricB
01-15-2009, 06:16 PM
I don't blame the refs for making that call on Mason. He sold it well and Fisher should never have guarded him like that.

The Ariza call was BS and should never have been made, but he didn't make the shot anyways. All in all the refs were fair though.

To have games decided like that is horrible though. That's for damn sure. It's a good thing the next one will be a Laker blowout in Staples. Spurs just can't compete in that arena.

:lol

Uh....... yeah whatever homer.

Supergirl
01-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Not a foul on Mason? Fisher didn't even complain about the call...

I am quite confident a veteran player like Fisher intended to foul Mason, and knew he had fouled him. It was the right thing to do - Mason had missed, and then missed even 1 of 2 FTs, the Lakers would be up and have possession. But Mason made the shot and the FT, and that was ball game.

Ariza traveling was irrelevant, really. Spurs would have boxed him out one way or the other.

JamStone
01-15-2009, 06:42 PM
what player in the NBA WOULDN'T sell a call?!?

-Mars

A non-veteran player not used to the moment and more concerned about only making the shot. Not all players exaggerate getting hit. Many players used to being in that situation do. Not all.

nkdlunch
01-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Only an idiot wouldn't think Mason was fouled.

:tu

HarlemHeat37
01-15-2009, 07:13 PM
it's funny that Laker fans complain..

they had an incident that last week that combined both incidents..

Derek Fisher CLEARLY fouled Daequan Cook on a game-tying 3, but there no call..it's the same situation as this..there's no way a nobody player is going to get a call on a game-tying/winning basket on a play like that..this combined the nobody player call, and the fact that Fisher typically gets away with everything..

Laker fans are hypocrites..

kace
01-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Foul on Mason = good call

Travel on Ariza = bad call . but he missed so it doesn't change anything.

daslicer
01-15-2009, 07:26 PM
it's funny that Laker fans complain..

they had an incident that last week that combined both incidents..

Derek Fisher CLEARLY fouled Daequan Cook on a game-tying 3, but there no call..it's the same situation as this..there's no way a nobody player is going to get a call on a game-tying/winning basket on a play like that..this combined the nobody player call, and the fact that Fisher typically gets away with everything..

Laker fans are hypocrites..

I agree with you on that it just shocks me how a career mediocre player like Fisher gets special treatment from the refs. Its really sad to see how much he's feared in hear due to the refs allowing him to get away with bs in crucial games. The refs made him the feared clutch player he is today. Who else can get crucial flops to go their way in key games, along with getting baskets counted after time expires, plus he's allowed to hack and grab without a foul being called. He's a pos player thats very overatted and if you take away the superstar treatment he gets from the refs he becomes slighly below average player.

iggypop123
01-15-2009, 07:29 PM
calls were blown but nothing horribly so nothing to complain about. the game was in san antonio so you expect calls to go a certain way. kobe, and phil have been in the league long enough to know that.

hater
01-15-2009, 07:30 PM
1. There was contact, foul should have been called on Manu.

what?? contact does not = foul. Especially at the end of games. That was minor contact. NOT A FOUL

2. He didn't travel. It was a bad call.

that was very, very close. after watching in slomo, I say not a travel. But he missed the shot so this is irrelevant.

3. Mason kicked his leg out to initiate the contact.

Maybe but that kind of foul will be called all the time early or late in games. Reggie Miller, Kobe are famous at getting this call. Mason just gave Lakers some of their own medicine.

diego
01-15-2009, 08:50 PM
manu was just as set on the ariza play as kobe was on the charge he got on parker.

and kobe got cheaper and 1s in the first half then mason did at the end.

i'm just pissed we let them back in the 4th. hill needs to gather himself for the rematch, and Duncan and his little helpers need to come out stronger.