PDA

View Full Version : No reason to celebrate big tonight..

SpursDynasty
01-14-2009, 11:51 PM
Good win tonight and great play by Mason at the end (as in the Phoenix game), but really tonight's win is nothing to get overly excited about. This is a Lakers team that we can and have competed with, and this is not the best team in the league...if this were the Shaq/Rick Fox/Horry, etc. Lakers we can get excited because that was a good team.

But tonight we beat Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, and Trevor Ariza. Wow I guess its time to put on the party hat.

This is just an ordinary win against an ordinary team. The Spurs were expected to win this game and just went out and did what they were supposed to do...again, I'm not trash talking against the Lakers here, but they were a team we were supposed to beat and we beat them. Which is why there's no reason to get overly excited about this win.

Tip for the Lakers: The score is 112-111, you guys have the ball for the win, Kobe is on the floor, and Trevor Ariza has the ball in his hands in the closing seconds? I thought Phil Jackson knew better than that. You should always trust your teammates, but not when their name is Trevor Ariza and the game is about to end. Better luck next time.

Stump
01-14-2009, 11:53 PM
I thought you agreed to not post for a month...

lefty
01-14-2009, 11:53 PM
+1

LEt's not by misled by the closeness of the game

Both coaches went a little CIA, or experimenting :

- not a lot of Bruce

- Mase on Kobe

- KFC giving 1 minute to Sun Yue

Anyway, doesn't matter

Xylus
01-14-2009, 11:54 PM
No arguments here.

Keepin' it real
01-14-2009, 11:55 PM
OK, you go ahead and celebrate small. This was a great game, so I'll celebrate BIG!

ManuTP9
01-14-2009, 11:57 PM
+1

LEt's not by misled by the closeness of the game

Both coaches went a little CIA, or experimenting :

- not a lot of Bruce

- Mase on Kobe

- KFC giving 1 minute to Sun Yue

Anyway, doesn't matter

LMAO:rollin

Kobe™
01-14-2009, 11:58 PM
I thought you weren't coming back till Feb?

BlackSwordsMan
01-14-2009, 11:59 PM
you're supposed to be on nba dynasty

2centsworth
01-15-2009, 12:00 AM
No reason to celebrate because the Spurs aren't finishing games well against good teams. This team still needs lots of work.

TheMACHINE
01-15-2009, 12:02 AM
SD is right. STOP CELEBRATING! The man has spoken!

Avitus1
01-15-2009, 12:20 AM
A win is always worth celebrating. At least I think so.

ClingingMars
01-15-2009, 12:22 AM
it's a win in the regular season. will get some nice press from ESPN. gets us closer to the #1 seed.

-Mars

anakha
01-15-2009, 12:24 AM
I thought you weren't coming back till Feb?

NRHector
01-15-2009, 12:24 AM
OK, you go ahead and celebrate small. This was a great game, so I'll celebrate BIG!:toast

j-money24
01-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Good win tonight and great play by Mason at the end (as in the Phoenix game), but really tonight's win is nothing to get overly excited about. This is a Lakers team that we can and have competed with, and this is not the best team in the league...if this were the Shaq/Rick Fox/Horry, etc. Lakers we can get excited because that was a good team.

But tonight we beat Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, and Trevor Ariza. Wow I guess its time to put on the party hat.

This is just an ordinary win against an ordinary team. The Spurs were expected to win this game and just went out and did what they were supposed to do...again, I'm not trash talking against the Lakers here, but they were a team we were supposed to beat and we beat them. Which is why there's no reason to get overly excited about this win.

Tip for the Lakers: The score is 112-111, you guys have the ball for the win, Kobe is on the floor, and Trevor Ariza has the ball in his hands in the closing seconds? I thought Phil Jackson knew better than that. You should always trust your teammates, but not when their name is Trevor Ariza and the game is about to end. Better luck next time.

arent u suppose to be on NBADYNASTY right now.

benefactor
01-15-2009, 12:33 AM
Wow...this place is still like a funeral even after wins.

DMX7
01-15-2009, 12:33 AM
I'm celebrating big. Bigggggggg!

pawe
01-15-2009, 12:35 AM
Pfft, Ill enjoy the win because I am a fan. You guys are takign basketball way too seriously, just watch and enjoy the Spurs and not be overly critical of everything.

Ditty
01-15-2009, 12:35 AM
i just lost my voice ha

best spurs game ive been too next to the finals game 6 in 2003 i was at

LEONARD
01-15-2009, 01:21 PM

Say what????????????

1/11/09

I'll keep my end of the deal, with the Magic winning I have to leave until February 11. FDH.

So you're a douche and a liar...

urunobili
01-15-2009, 01:44 PM
tell all the Spurs fans living in California...

mrspurs
01-15-2009, 03:46 PM
I disagree, this was a very big win. But it doesnt mean the court goes up for the summer.

de Soto
01-15-2009, 03:49 PM
At least the Spurs got reminded again that it is doable. And the Spurs always ramp it up to playoffs more than any other team. Just watch teams like Cavs do just the opposite.