PDA

View Full Version : Declaration needed from whotttt

timvp
01-15-2009, 12:01 AM
I know he replaced ya boy and you've called him a choker earlier in the season but we need a declaration ... is Mason clutch or a choker?

Thanks.

timvp
01-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Last Activity: Today 11:03 PM
Viewing Thread Declaration needed from whotttt @ 11:03 PM

:wakeup

ElNono
01-15-2009, 12:09 AM
See my sig for an introduction to whottt's alternate reality...

lefty
01-15-2009, 12:10 AM
C-l-u-t-c-h

Big Shot Rog !!!!!

whottt
01-15-2009, 12:15 AM
I know he replaced ya boy and you've called him a choker earlier in the season

Fail...I never called Mason a choker. I specifically have omitted him from my choker list of Bonner, Finley and Thomas because I haven't seen him enough.

Let me ask you this...why would I call a guy a choker when he hasn't choked?

And by choking I am referring to shooting....

but we need a declaration ... is Mason clutch or a choker?

Thanks.

I'm thoroughly pleased...put it this way, Phil won't be leaving him open should we meet in the playoffs...which is almost as good as being clutch.

I'm not going to say he's definitely clutch yet as I still don't know, although I'm definitely leaning that way...but he's got to keep doing it.

2 shots in the regular season isn't enough...

If he turns out to be clutch and a Laker killer that'll be about as good you can get... :tu

Let's see what he does against Boston...

timvp
01-15-2009, 12:17 AM
Fail...I never called Mason a choker. I specifically have omitted him from my choker list of Bonner, Finley and Thomas because I haven't seen him enough.

Let me ask you this...why would I call a guy a choker when he hasn't choked? Fail. Sideline Mason?

I'm thoroughly pleased...put it this way, Phil won't be leaving open should we meet in the playoffs...which is almost as good as being clutch.

I'm not going to say he's definitely clutch yet as I still don't know. although I'm definitely leaning that way...but he's got to keep doing it.

If he turns out to be clutch and a Laker killer that'll be about as good you can get... :tu

Let's see what he does against Boston...Fair enough, I guess. Although if Barry had hit the clutch shots Mason has hit this season, your post frequency in the Spurs forum would be 100 fold.

lefty
01-15-2009, 12:17 AM

Let me ask you this...why would I call a guy a choker when he hasn't choked?

And by choking I am referring to shooting....

I'm thoroughly pleased...put it this way, Phil won't be leaving him open should we meet in the playoffs...which is almost as good as being clutch.

I'm not going to say he's definitely clutch yet as I still don't know, although I'm definitely leaning that way...but he's got to keep doing it.

2 shots in the regular season isn't enough...

Let's see what he does against Boston...

Actuelly he has made 4 big shots for us

whottt
01-15-2009, 12:21 AM
See my sig for an introduction to whottt's alternate reality...

Would you mind switching to the left one and swinging off that one for a bit?

Thanks, in advance. :tu

2centsworth
01-15-2009, 12:23 AM
Whottt, Finley might be old and a crappy player most of the time, but the one thing he is not is a choker. Dude has made his fair share of clutch shots in a Spurs uniform.

whottt
01-15-2009, 12:27 AM
Fail. Sideline Mason?

Are you denying he fucked up a sideline pass?

I didn't say he was a choker though...in fact that same conversation I specifically kept him off the choker list inspite of if the fact that you tried to get me to say he was even in that convo.

Bottom line...I'm not call a guy a choker if they haven't choked...nor am I going to call them clutch for one or two shots. It has to be consistent.

BTW, he did fuck up that sideline play and deserved to be called out for it...would you have prefer I kiss his ass over it?

But a fucked up sideline pass isn't going to garner a choker label from me and if it was...Barry had a major one of those too against the Mavs..and obviously I didn't call him a choker.

Fair enough, I guess. Although if Barry had hit the clutch shots Mason has hit this season, your post frequency in the Spurs forum would be 100 fold.

Barry wasn't on the court to finish games as much as Mason has been up to this point of their career...

Perhaps I should pull a timvp and call Mason gutless and heartless like you did with Barry...even after he hit a game winner against LA his first year with the team.

Warlord23
01-15-2009, 12:27 AM
shhh .... whottt is living in a world where Brent Barry has the Rockets atop the West and Bush is being enshrined at Mount Rushmore in a McCain presidency ... don't wake him up

ClingingMars
01-15-2009, 12:28 AM

:lmao

-Mars

whottt
01-15-2009, 12:28 AM
Whottt, Finley might be old and a crappy player most of the time, but the one thing he is not is a choker. Dude has made his fair share of clutch shots in a Spurs uniform.

He's definitely a choker of the highest order...

I have a different definition of clutch that you do...and Finley is about as far away from it as you can get.

boutons_
01-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Roger
MA$ON
doesn't
do
bricks

ElNono
01-15-2009, 12:31 AM

You need to stop sucking my right one first.
But please tell us, how does it feel to be so wrong all the time?

2centsworth
01-15-2009, 12:32 AM

I have a different definition of clutch that you do...and Finley is about as far away from it as you can get.

not in his role with the spurs. maybe in dallas, but certainly not with the spurs.

timvp
01-15-2009, 12:33 AM
Are you denying he fucked up a sideline pass? Which pass was it?

But a fucked up sideline pass isn't going to garner a choker label from me and if it was...Barry had a major one of those too against the Mavs..and obviously I didn't call him a choker. Obviously. Barry got the clutch label from you on day 1.

Barry wasn't on the court to finish games as much as Mason has been up to this point of their career...:lol The excuses still live.

True or false: whottt would be posting more if it were Barry hitting the game-winners?

ElNono
01-15-2009, 12:34 AM

At least we can all agree that the definition of Sucks applies squarely to you...

whottt
01-15-2009, 12:34 AM
not in his role with the spurs. maybe in dallas, but certainly not with the spurs.

I'm sorry, but playing well against Denver when they are a 7 seed and we are 2 seed and we are up 3-1, isn't my definition of clutch...like I said, we have a different definition of clutch.

whottt
01-15-2009, 12:35 AM
PS...Finley still sucks ass and I'd just as soon not discuss him...I hate that fucking whiner and the day he is no longer on the team will be one of my best ones as a Spur fan.

If I were you I wouldn't mention him much in threads about Mason as you don't want to accidentally give Mason what Finley has...

I know I know...but Finley is so high character, because whining about Bowen and assfucking the Mavs after they let him go for turning cancerous when his minutes got cut...is so high character.

milkyway21
01-15-2009, 12:36 AM
I ♥ AJ to I ♥ Mason = Whott

:D

2centsworth
01-15-2009, 12:39 AM
I'm sorry, but playing well against Denver when they are a 7 seed and we are 2 seed and we are up 3-1, isn't my definition of clutch...like I said, we have a different definition of clutch.

I don't have expectations of him playing fantastic ball for entire ball games like he did against Denver. I only expect him to hit crunch time 3s which he has done on many occasions. I've always been of the opinion that Finley is nothing more than a situational player.

K-State Spur
01-15-2009, 12:41 AM

duncan doesn't get a chance to hit that 3 against the suns last spring if finley doesn't hit a clutch one first.

whottt
01-15-2009, 12:44 AM
Which pass was it?

Obviously. Barry got the clutch label from you on day 1.

In part because Barry was pretty clutch with the Sonics...

#1. He tore the Lakers a new asshole...the Shaq, Kobe Lakers. Back when AJ was putting up 0-fers and letting DFish set finals records for 3 shooting against him.

#2. Barry had a knack for hitting game winners with the Sonics, including a memorable one against the Spurs...if you'd been a Spurfan then you'd remember it.

#3. I got to watch Barry against the Spurs and Bowen in the playoffs one year...and Bowen was pretty brutal on him...nontheless, Barry played his best game in the elimination game of that series.

Again...if you'd been a Spurfan then, you'd know why.

It's kinda like how I knew Robert Horry was still..clutch when you were saying he was done...because I watched what he did with other teams.

:lol The excuses still live.

True or false: whottt would be posting more if it were Barry hitting the game-winners?

I'd be posting more if the entire forum was calling Mason heartless and gutless when he obviously he isn't...just like I did with Barry...

That said, I might have to kick it up a notch if Mason is already getting coronated the second coming of Steven Jackson when he clearly doesn't deserve it yet...

ElNono
01-15-2009, 12:49 AM
Who is Steven Jackson???

whottt
01-15-2009, 12:52 AM
I don't have expectations of him playing fantastic ball for entire ball games like he did against Denver. I only expect him to hit crunch time 3s which he has done on many occasions. I've always been of the opinion that Finley is nothing more than a situational player.

Michael Finley is the absolute worst kind of choker...he's a choker that doesn't choke until he's tricked you into thinking he's not a choker.

I've watched him for a long time...and that's exactly what he is.

A guy that plays good enough to be on the court to let you down when it matters most.

The worst kind of choker...

2centsworth
01-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Michael Finley is the absolute worst kind of choker...he's a choker that doesn't choke until he's tricked you into thinking he's not a choker.

A guy that plays good enough to be on the court to let you down when it matters most.

you're more than likely harping on his Maverick days. I'm not going to argue either point there, but for the Spurs in the last 5 minutes of playoff ballgames, Finley has been money.

whottt
01-15-2009, 12:55 AM
Who is Steven Jackson???

He's this anal spellcheck dude that rented your mother on the night you were conceived.

whottt
01-15-2009, 12:58 AM
He's one of the anal spellcheck dudes that rented your mother on the night you were conceived.

Fixed...

Spelling and grammatical errors left in for those who need a fucking life...

timvp
01-15-2009, 01:00 AM
In part because Barry was pretty clutch with the Sonics...

#1. He tore the Lakers a new asshole...the Shaq, Kobe Lakers. Back when AJ was putting up 0-fers and letting DFish set finals records for 3 shooting against him.

#2. Barry had a knack for hitting game winners with the Sonics, including a memorable one against the Spurs...if you'd been a Spurfan then you'd remember it.

#3. I got to watch Barry against the Spurs and Bowen in the playoffs one year...and Bowen was pretty brutal on him...nontheless, Barry played his best game in the elimination game of that series.

Again...if you'd been a Spurfan then, you'd know why. Barry proved his clutchness when he averaged about five points per game against the Spurs in the playoffs. Good take :tu

I'd be posting more if the entire forum was calling Mason heartless and gutless when he obviously he isn't...just like I did with Barry...

That said, I might have to kick it up a notch if Mason is already getting coronated the second coming of Steven Jackson when he clearly doesn't deserve it yet...Personally, I'm hopeful that Mason is clutch but none of this really counts until the playoffs. DA was pretty clutch ..... until the bright lights came on.

At least I got whottt to quadruple his normal Spurs forum weekly output in this thread :smokin

P.S.

I agree with you that Finley isn't clutch .... especially this year. I might trust Bonner more with a open shot in the clutch than Finley. Finley looks less clutch than usual this year for some reason . . .

ElNono
01-15-2009, 01:00 AM
He's this anal spellcheck dude that rented your mother on the night you were conceived.

LOL @ attacking me for calling your ass out...
So, tell us about this Steven Jackson... Do you rub your vagina thinking about him?

2centsworth
01-15-2009, 01:02 AM
....Finley looks less clutch than usual this year for some reason . . .

lets take a wild guess...he's freakin 50 yrs old.

timvp
01-15-2009, 01:03 AM
lets take a wild guess...he's freakin 50 yrs old.Could be it, but that wouldn't explain why the rest of his stats are better. From first to third quarter, he's actually be pretty good. Even to begin the fourth. But near the end, it's like he adopted Barry's hesitation without adopting Barry's shooting percentage.

2centsworth
01-15-2009, 01:07 AM
Could be it, but that wouldn't explain why the rest of his stats are better. From first to third quarter, he's actually be pretty good. Even to begin the fourth. But near the end, it's like he adopted Barry's hesitation without adopting Barry's shooting percentage.

you start to question your game as you get older and nowhere is this more evident than in pressure situations. Finley's shot is pure enough that hopefully he just goes with it and doesn't think much. We shall see.

whottt
01-15-2009, 01:07 AM
you're more than likely harping on his Maverick days. I'm not going to argue either point there, but for the Spurs in the last 5 minutes of playoff ballgames, Finley has been money.

Right...as evidenced by his performance against LA last season...

As evidenced by his peformance in the 2007 NBA finals...

You know Michael Finley's Mavs teams lost like 20 games in a row in LA when he was with the Mavs?

I know...he was the one drawing the tough defenders...not Nash and Dirk.

z0sa
01-15-2009, 01:10 AM
Right...as evidenced by his performance against LA last season...

As evidenced by his peformance in the 2007 NBA finals...

You know Michael Finley's Mavs teams lost like 20 games in a row in LA when he was with the Mavs?

I know...he was the one drawing the tough defenders...not Nash and Dirk.

So they didn't win in LA for 10+ years?

TDMVPDPOY
01-15-2009, 01:13 AM
tonight roger did something, he choked a bitch....and1 biatches ftw

objective
01-15-2009, 01:14 AM
In general, I would reserve clutchness determinations until demonstrated in a playoff performance.

I remember Hedo hitting a big shot against Indiana in the regular season and then being an absolute disaster in the playoffs.

whottt
01-15-2009, 01:16 AM
So they didn't win in LA for 10+ years?

The Lakers aren't in the Eastern Conference. And yes.

Sin, NBA 101

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 01:16 AM

Yeah, Finley sucks because he helped the Spurs take Dallas to 7 instead of letting them roll over and die in 5.

Brutalis
01-15-2009, 01:21 AM
What's funny is he owns a construction company that lays bricks I'm sure.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-15-2009, 01:22 AM
just can't do tings like det

whottt
01-15-2009, 01:23 AM
Yeah, Finley sucks because he helped the Spurs take Dallas to 7 instead of letting them roll over and die in 5.

Baselinebum's definition of clutch = losing to a lower seed in a series in which you have HCA.

I am not the one that doesn't get it...it's not clutch to play well against a lower seed.

And it's never ever ever fucking clutch when you lose the series.

It's not that Finley is clutch...it's that the Mavs stopped being our bitch and we started being theirs, when Finley stopped playing for them and started playing for us.

As you saw...the Mavs were still a bitch, just not as much of one as we were...we became theirs by signing their biggest one.

timvp
01-15-2009, 01:28 AM
As long as we are talking about clutch or not, I liked what Bonner did tonight. Granted, he didn't score in the second half but ten points for the game and four assists (including the game-winner) is better than what we've seen out of him against the best teams. Plus it appeared as if Phil Jackson made it a point not to leave him in the final two quarters, which is a win in itself.

If Bonner is a choker, hopefully he can be the type of choker who realizes he's a choker and does his work early :tu

z0sa
01-15-2009, 01:37 AM
The Lakers aren't in the Eastern Conference. And yes.

Sin, NBA 101

Oh right, since they play in LA four times and Dallas zero times a year.

:lol

whottt
01-15-2009, 01:38 AM
At least with Bonner you know to watch him...he's not a dangerous choker.

Maybe he'll have an AJ or Elliott moment...

I'm pretty sure he's a choker(he's damn sure not clutch by any stretch) but to be fair...he hasn't actually proven beyond all doubt he is one...he hasn't been in enough situations in his NBA career to fully judge...but the existing evidence overwhelmingly points to him being a choker.

That said...if he leads the NBA in 3 shooting this season he's not going to be left open by anyone other than Phil(see Smitth in 02) so...the fact that he strongly appears to be a choker, yet at the same time leads the NBA in a major stat category...he's not the dangerous kind even if he is one.

I am not totally anti-choker, they can contribute...it's just that you have to watch them. As long as you know what they are you can work around it...and any shots or plays they make is a bonus.

It just sucks when you expect something from them because they have proved themselves, and then they choke. See Finley, Michael.

I

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 01:39 AM
Baselinebum's definition of clutch = losing to a lower seed in a series in which you have HCA.

I am not the one that doesn't get it...it's not clutch to play well against a lower seed.

And it's never ever ever fucking clutch when you lose the series.

It's not that Finley is clutch...it's that the Mavs stopped being our bitch and we started being theirs, when Finley stopped playing for them and started playing for us.

As you saw...the Mavs were still a bitch, just not as much of one as we were...we became theirs by signing their biggest one.

So your definition of Finley being a choker is Ginobili fouling Nowitzki?

EricB
01-15-2009, 01:42 AM

Yeah Ignore Finley's clutch shots IN Denver on the road to help win that series. The clutch shots against Phoenix.

The clutch shot to help them win game 3 in Cleveland.

He loves to overlook all that.

Shastafarian
01-15-2009, 01:43 AM
you start to question your game as you get older and nowhere is this more evident than in pressure situations. Finley's shot is pure enough that hopefully he just goes with it and doesn't think much. We shall see.

You also tend to get tired as games progress when you get older...

whottt
01-15-2009, 01:45 AM
Oh right, since they play in LA four times and Dallas zero times a year.

:lol

Westen Conference Teams don't necessarily play each other 4 times a year...they don't always play that much now...and it wasn't that long ago they sometimes played more than that. The EC schedule is set, it's always been set...not the case with the WC, that's what I meant. IOW...I am not sure it was exactly 10 years...but something around that.

Let me put it terms you might understand...while the 82 game schedule has been around for a long time now, and the EC schedule of 2 games per year has been around for virtually ever...the number of teams in the NBA has changed...now you think about that for a second..and maybe you'll start to GET IT.

PS:

And yes.

Whatever you do...don't avail yourself of this little known resource called the internet to check the facts for yourself...

Best to just sit there asking stupid questions, and ignoring answers, with an incredulous sense of disbelief and argumentativeness. Because that's what an intelligent person does...

J.T.
01-15-2009, 01:49 AM
You'll have to forgive whottt, he's rusty because he spent so much time thinking about that title he was going to give me for losing the bet in the playoffs. Look at him now, all mumbling and incoherent because he can't give me that slam dunk user title he came up with since the season started before he thought of it, thus nullifying the bet altogether.

Shit happens, buddy. You'll walk it off.

z0sa
01-15-2009, 01:49 AM
^ crock of shit. You said they lost twenty straight games. The less games they play, the more years it takes.

So you're saying it was longer than 10 years? How long has Finley played in the league? Has he never won a game in LA? :lmao

whottt
01-15-2009, 01:57 AM

Actually I listed several definitions of why Finley is choker...it's not that that is one of my definitions of choking...it's that it's your retarded definition of clutch.

PS: Finley did choke, in that series, in that game..check the PBP of that game slick...then you'll see exactly what I mean about Finley being the worst kind of choker...the kind that's good enough to let you down when it matters most.

whottt
01-15-2009, 02:00 AM
You'll have to forgive whottt, he's rusty because he spent so much time thinking about that title he was going to give me for losing the bet in the playoffs. Look at him now, all mumbling and incoherent because he can't give me that slam dunk user title he came up with since the season started before he thought of it, thus nullifying the bet altogether.

Shit happens, buddy. You'll walk it off.

I sent timvp your title a long time ago...it was Palin's bitch or something like that. Dude gets massive emails and it probably got lost in the shuffle.

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 02:05 AM
Actually I listed several definitions of why Finley is choker...it's not that that is one of my definitions of choking...it's that it's your retarded definition of clutch.

PS: Finley did choke, in that series, in that game..check the PBP of that game slick...then you'll see exactly what I mean about Finley being the worst kind of choker...the kind that's good enough to let you down when it matters most.

So the Spurs win that series without Finley?

whottt
01-15-2009, 02:06 AM
^ crock of shit. You said they lost twenty straight games. The less games they play, the more years it takes.

So you're saying it was longer than 10 years? How long has Finley played in the league? Has he never won a game in LA? :lmao

Whatever you do fuckstick...don't look it up to see if they actually lost 20 in a row...just sit here asking stupid questions and ignoring the answers.

PS...your assumption that WC teams played 4 times a year brands you as a newbie to basketball....you probably weren't even following the NBA when that Mavs streak against LA started.

In fact, you probably weren't even following the NBA when the Mavs ended that streak...if you were you wouldn't be so incredulous...because it was pretty fucking big news when it happened.

I just wish I could remember if Finley was there when they ended it...I don't think he was.

Whatever you do...don't look it up to see if they actually lost 20 in a row in LA...best to just sit here disgracing Led Zeppelin by making their fans look stupid...and ignoring the answers to questions you asked.

timvp
01-15-2009, 02:06 AM
I sent timvp your title a long time agoThis could very well be true. I'll dig thru the PMs and change his title accordingly. :hat

EricB
01-15-2009, 02:07 AM

Of course. Cause Lord Barry would've shot 100% and averaged 15 assists a game.

whottt
01-15-2009, 02:10 AM

Probably...the Spurs lost their mystique to the Mavs POV when they signed Finley...the Mavs knew the potential for a massive choke was there simply because we had their most massive one...it gave them something to believe in.

Without a doubt...the Spurs lost their mystique against the Mavs when we signed their cancerous whining choker. They no longer feared us or saw us as invinncible...

It's kind of like when you've fucked a hot chick that was really bad in bed and see her with another guy...

While the guys that hever never fucked her may fantasize about what it would be liketo be that lucky guy...you know better and so you don't have that same sense of wonder...you know that dude is getting shitty sex and you actually feel sorry for him being such a chump. He has no mystique to you...you know better.

Exaxct same principle here...

The Mavs knew we weren't invincible anymore..for the simple reason that we were counting on Michael Finley to win....and no team relying on Finley is invincible, as they knew well from first hand experience.

IKn any case...I'm pretty sure we could have lost the series without him...just like we did with him.

So what have you proved?

EricB
01-15-2009, 02:14 AM
I'm just wondering who scores the ball for them in games 2 3 and 4 without Finley?

Who shoots those shots instead?

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 02:17 AM
Probably...the Spurs lost their mystique to the Mavs POV when they signed Finley...the Mavs knew the potential for a massive choke was there simply because we had their most massive one...it gave them something to believe in.

Without a doubt...the Spurs lost their mystique against the Mavs when we signed their cancerous whining choker. They no longer feared us or saw us as invinncible...

It's kind of like when you've fucked a hot chick that was really bed and see her with another guy...

While the guys that hever never fucked her may fantasize about what it would be like...you know better and so you don't have that same sense of wonder.

The Mavs knew we weren't invincible anymore..for the simple reason that were counting on Michael Finley to win....and no team relying on Finley is invincible.

IKn any case...I'm pretty sure we could have lost the series without him...just like we did with him.

So what have you proved?

The Spurs lost their mystique against Dallas when AJ started Devin Harris. So Finley sucks because he missed a jumpshot in OT in game 7? By your logic Duncan is a bitch too, then again we already know you think that. Nevermind that Finley hit a shot 1 minute before to pull the Spurs within 1 or that he hit the three to pull them within 1 with 2:00 left in regulation. The facts never mean shit to you as long as you can put some long-winded spin on it.

EricB
01-15-2009, 02:19 AM
The Spurs lost their mystique against Dallas when AJ started Devin Harris. So Finley sucks because he missed a jumpshot in OT in game 7? By your logic Duncan is a bitch too, then again we already know you think that. Nevermind that Finley hit a shot 1 minute before to pull the Spurs within 1 or that he hit the three to pull them within 1 with 2:00 left in regulation. The facts never mean shit to you as long as you can put some long-winded spin on it.

Or was huge in game 5 and 6 to help them even get to game 7.

LOSER TALK! :lmao

whottt
01-15-2009, 02:23 AM
It's kind of like when you've fucked a hot chick that was really bad in bed and see her with another guy...

While the guys that hever never fucked her may fantasize about what it would be liketo be that lucky guy...you know better and so you don't have that same sense of wonder...you know that dude is getting shitty sex and you actually feel sorry for him being such a chump. He has no mystique to you...you know better.

Exaxct same principle here...

The Mavs knew we weren't invincible anymore..for the simple reason that we were counting on Michael Finley to win....and no team relying on Finley is invincible, as they knew well from first hand experience.

EricB...I realize that analogy won't really mean much to you, for obvious reasons...I'll try to think of a substitute for sex with a woman and see if can come up with something that will make as much sense for you.

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 02:34 AM

Of course he never won a game in LA

vDQkLWVNABM

There's no pressure for Michael Finley; he has a history of knocking down big-time shots.

fucking choking bitch

EricB
01-15-2009, 02:37 AM
EricB...I realize that analogy won't really mean much to you, for obvious reasons...I'll try to think of a substitute for sex with a woman and see if can come up with something that will make as much sense for you.

Hilarious, any other personal attacks you want to go to?

EricB
01-15-2009, 02:38 AM
Of course he never won a game in LA

vDQkLWVNABM

fucking choking bitch

Looks like Finley fucked that bitch lakers team.

But what would I know about fucking a bitch, right whottt?

whottt
01-15-2009, 03:21 AM
The Spurs lost their mystique against Dallas when AJ started Devin Harris. So Finley sucks because he missed a jumpshot in OT in game 7? By your logic Duncan is a bitch too, then again we already know you think that.

Um...I've never insulted Duncan nearly as much as you just did by putting him in some lame ass comparison with Finley...I don't ever confuse the two, sorry that you do.

And you just insulted thee entire team by saying they laid down...

Bad analysis, and a horrible insult.

Nevermind that Finley hit a shot 1 minute before to pull the Spurs within 1 or that he hit the three to pull them within 1 with 2:00 left in regulation. The facts never mean shit to you as long as you can put some long-winded spin on it.

Whatever statboy...you have overly clinical view of the game and are ignorant of things like game pschology and the mental aspects of competition.

Even your ovely clinical view is fucked up and inaccurate...

Those Mavs weren't world beaters....as they proved in the finals, and the first round the following year.

Finley didn't do anything particularly amazing...when you consider he was the starting center and was inserted as such to create defensive mismatches that played to his scoring strength.

The Spurs didn't suddenly become wimps, as they proved the following year when they won the NBA title...even with a liability like Finley on the roster.

Everything you need to understand about that series, why the Mavs looked good, why Finley looked good, why the Spurs looked so bad...can be summed up in two words...

Gregg Poppovich...or small ball if you prefer...

That series is all on Pop and his dumbass coaching strategy in that series...he fucked up and Riley made a total fool of him when he beat the Mavs with the worst team to win an NBA championship sinse the merger....Don Nelson too the following year.

What does Pop say? Here I'll get cute and not play my center for this entire series..., make yourself comfortable Dirk.....the lane is all yours. Go score your points on defensive mismatches Mike...they'll say I'm a genius when this series is over.

What does Riley say? Hey guys...Dirk is a pussy who doesn't play well when you get physical with him...plant him on his ass every time he comes into the paint. Yes I know I don't have 1/10th of the team Pop has...but at least I don't outsmart myself like a dumbass.

That's it...that's your series. The Mavs weren't great. The Spurs weren't suddenly a bunch of gutless wussies...and Michael Finley didn't suddenly turn into Jordan, he exploited mismatches created by him starting at FUCKING Center. All of it on one Gregg Poppovich. Period.

whottt
01-15-2009, 03:23 AM
Hilarious, any other personal attacks you want to go to?

How can it be a personal attack when I don't know you? Dumbass. I didn't know you hadn't actually ever been laid...it was a joke. Sorry for hitting a nerve.

EricB
01-15-2009, 03:27 AM
How can it be a personal attack when I don't know you? Dumbass. I didn't know you hadn't actually ever been laid...it was a joke. Sorry for hitting a nerve.

Yeah hilarious.

Wrong, but hilarious. Again, insults like that show that you have no arguement, as always.

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 03:31 AM
Um...I've never insulted Duncan nearly as much as you just did by putting him in some lame ass comparison with Finley...I don't ever confuse the two, sorry that you do.

And you just insulted thee entire team by saying they laid down...

Bad analysis, and a horrible insult.

Whatever statboy...you have overly clinical view of the game and are ignorant of things like game pschology and the mental aspects of competition.

Even your ovely clinical view is fucked up and inaccurate...

Those Mavs weren't world beaters....as they proved in the finals, and the first round the following year.

Finley didn't do anything particularly amazing...when you consider he was the starting center and was inserted as such to create defensive mismatches that played to his scoring strength.

The Spurs didn't suddenly become wimps, as they proved the following year when they won the NBA title...even with a liability like Finley on the roster.

Everything you need to understand about that series, why the Mavs looked good, why Finley looked good, why the Spurs looked so bad...can be summed up in two words...

Gregg Poppovich...or small ball if you prefer...

That series is all on Pop and his dumbass coaching strategy in that series...he fucked up and Riley made a total fool of him when he beat the Mavs with the worst team to win an NBA championship sinse the merger....Don Nelson too the following year.

What does Pop say? Here I'll get cute and not play my center for this entire series..., make yourself comfortable Dirk.....the lane is all yours. Go score your points on defensive mismatches Mike...they'll say I'm a genius when this series is over.

What does Riley say? Hey guys...Dirk is a pussy who doesn't play well when you get physical with him...plant him on his ass every time he comes into the paint. Yes I know I don't have 1/10th of the team Pop has...but at least I don't outsmart myself like a dumbass.

That's it...that's your series. The Mavs weren't great. The Spurs weren't suddenly a bunch of gutless wussies...and Michael Finley didn't suddenly turn into Jordan, he exploited mismatches created by him starting at FUCKING Center. All of it on one Gregg Poppovich. Period.

You're going to call me statboy when you have repeatedly argued that David Robinson is better than Michael Jordan because he won more IBM awards? :lmao .. and not even the Laker trolls insult Duncan as much as you have in the past.

Finley missed a shot late in game 7. So did Duncan. Finley also hit huge shots that game, game 6, game 5, and throughout that entire series. You want to ignore everything positive he did because he missed one fucking important shot in OT. By that logic fuck Stephen Jackson too, since he missed a wide-open shot that would have won game 2 of the 03 Finals.

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 03:35 AM

Make up your mind and quit playing amateur lawyer. I thought the loss was on Finley according to you.

EricB
01-15-2009, 03:35 AM
You're going to call me statboy when you have repeatedly argued that David Robinson is better than Michael Jordan because he won more IBM awards? :lmao .. and not even the Laker trolls insult Duncan as much as you have in the past.

Finley missed a shot late in game 7. So did Duncan. Finley also hit huge shots that game, game 6, game 5, and throughout that entire series. You want to ignore everything positive he did because he missed one fucking important shot in OT. By that logic fuck Stephen Jackson too, since he missed a wide-open shot that would have won game 2 of the 03 Finals.

Ginobili also missed shots in that OT.

He clearly is a choking bitch.

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 03:37 AM

Seriously, that Miami team was worse than the 07 Spurs who you said should have lost to Cleveland?

EricB
01-15-2009, 03:39 AM
Seriously, that Miami team was worse than the 07 Spurs who you said should have lost to Cleveland?

Not should have lost, but get swept.

whottt
01-15-2009, 04:35 AM

The IMB awards were part of it...the rest of it was that David's team set an NBA record for a negative turn around, and put up the worst record in Spurs history, when he was out for the season...

While Jordan's team made the conference finals without him...

Finley missed a shot late in game 7. So did Duncan.

Yeah but Duncan has also made his share and has proven to be more clutch than not...

If it makes you feel any better...I'd much rather see Findog at the FT line to win the game than I would Duncan...including in a game 7. That doesn't mean Finley's clutch...as I'd rather see anyone this side of Shaq O'neal at the FT line over Duncan in that situation. That doesn't mean Duncan's a choker.

Finley also hit huge shots that game, game 6, game 5, and throughout that entire series. You want to ignore everything positive he did because he missed one fucking important shot in OT.

He missed the most important shot he took...and it's not that I want to ignore it...it's that you are saying it's clutch..and I am saying your definition of clutch sucks ass...

By that logic fuck Stephen Jackson too, since he missed a wide-open shot that would have won game 2 of the 03 Finals.

Game 7 > Game 2...make or miss.

And how'd Finley do in the finals? You know...the whole reason he came to SA.

Bottom line...you want to have a suckass definition of clutch and choke...by all means do so...you will never get me to agree.

In closing...I'd just like to say, once again, fuck Findog and the Mav he rode in on...

I'll let you get back to throwing the entire 06 Spurs squad under the bus because you are hopelessly on Finley's dick...as you were..........

whottt
01-15-2009, 04:42 AM
Make up your mind and quit playing amateur lawyer. I thought the loss was on Finley according to you.

Hey...who signed Finley, who played him at C?

polandprzem
01-15-2009, 04:46 AM
Where were you when Philadelphia needed a new coach?

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 05:09 AM
The IMB awards were part of it...the rest of it was that David's team set an NBA record for a negative turn around, and put up the worst record in Spurs history, when he was out for the season...

While Jordan's team made the conference finals without him...

Yeah but Duncan has also made his share and has proven to be more clutch than not...

If it makes you feel any better...I'd much rather see Findog at the FT line to win the game than I would Duncan...including in a game 7. That doesn't mean Finley's clutch...as I'd rather see anyone this side of Shaq O'neal at the FT line over Duncan in that situation. That doesn't mean Duncan's a choker.

He missed the most important shot he took...and it's not that I want to ignore it...it's that you are saying it's clutch..and I am saying your definition of clutch sucks ass...

Game 7 > Game 2...make or miss.

And how'd Finley do in the finals? You know...the whole reason he came to SA.

Bottom line...you want to have a suckass definition of clutch and choke...by all means do so...you will never get me to agree.

In closing...I'd just like to say, once again, fuck Findog and the Mav he rode in on...

I'll let you get back to throwing the entire 06 Spurs squad under the bus because you are hopelessly on Finley's dick...as you were..........

:lmao Your definition of clutch is whether Michael Finley hits one shot down 4 with 17 seconds left in game 7. Nevermind all the huge shots he hit that series. How about when he cornered Nowitzki and made him choose between shooting a 23 foot fadeaway and stepping out of bounds at the end of game 6, thereby saving the Spurs season? But I get it; it wasn't one shot with 17 seconds left in game 7, so it doesn't mean shit. His game-winner in LA? Worthless. His OT forcing three vs Phoenix? Who cares? First round. His role in the monster comeback in game 7 vs Dallas? Not worth shit. He missed a shot.

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 05:10 AM

Since it's Finley's fault, I guess it was Finley who signed Finley.

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 05:16 AM
Let me use whotttt's logic for a while. Larry Bird sucks. Why? Because he missed the game-winner in game 4 of the 87 Finals. What a choking bitch. Cost them the series, going down 3-1 after that shot. Fuck Jordan. He dribbled the ball off his foot in Orlando in the 95 ECF instead of hitting the big shot. Magic sucks. Remember when he threw the ball away to Gerald Henderson in game 2 of the 84 Finals, costing his team a 2-0 lead and eventually the title?

whottt
01-15-2009, 06:27 AM
Base's logic:

Michael Finley belongs in the same sentence as Tim Duncan and Larry Bird.
Playing well against the Mavs = clutch.
Losing to the Mavs = clutch.

Agloco
01-15-2009, 09:37 AM
shhh .... whottt is living in a world where Brent Barry has the Rockets atop the West and Bush is being enshrined at Mount Rushmore in a McCain presidency ... don't wake him up

LOL!!

mrspurs
01-15-2009, 10:50 AM
One page is enough for me. Funny stuff.........

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Base's logic:

Michael Finley belongs in the same sentence as Tim Duncan and Larry Bird.
Playing well against the Mavs = clutch.
Losing to the Mavs = clutch.

Nice strawman; it's the only way you know how to argue. Yes, hitting big shots late in playoff games and making season-saving defensive stops = clutch.

EricB
01-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Yes, hitting big shots late in playoff games and making season-saving defensive stops = clutch.

Apparently you don't know shit about clutch Baseline :lol

whottt
01-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Nice strawman; it's the only way you know how to argue. Yes, hitting big shots late in playoff games and making season-saving defensive stops = clutch.

You equate me saying Finley is a choker with Larry Bird and Tim Duncan being chokers and you have the audacity to say I am using a strawman?

Talk about detatched from reality...

I hate to break it to you, but Michael Finley is not clutch, has not ever been clutch, and he is a choker...that is the reality, I don't give a shit how infatuated you are with this Mav motherfucker.

PS: Lighting up a 7 or 8 seed like Denver when we are up 3-1 isn't clutch either...

You probably one of the asshats that think AJ's was clutch.

I saw we agree to agree that you have a suckass weak definition of clutch and leave it that...

Trust me, if you think Michael Finley is clutch...you have a fucking weak definition of clutch.

What's your next great brainstorm? Cold is hot? Up is down?

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 04:16 PM
You equate me saying Finley is a choker with Larry Bird and Tim Duncan being chokers and you have the audacity to say I am using a strawman?

Talk about detatched from reality...

I hate to break it to you, but Michael Finley is not clutch, has not ever been clutch, and he is a choker...that is the reality, I don't give a shit how infatuated you are with this Mav motherfucker.

PS: Lighting up a 7 or 8 seed like Denver when we are up 3-1 isn't clutch either...

You probably one of the asshats that think AJ's was clutch.

I saw we agree to agree that you have a suckass weak definition of clutch and leave it that...

Trust me, if you think Michael Finley is clutch...you have a fucking weak definition of clutch.

What's your next great brainstorm? Cold is hot? Up is down?

Your definition of clutch is hitting one shot. Every time Finley's name is brought up all you can point to is that one fucking shot. I provided you with examples of Finley being clutch and you completely ignored them because you're butt-hurt that he got the minutes you wanted for Brent Barry.

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 05:02 PM
2t1_JDYn8vw

More proof that Finley's a choking bitch

EricB
01-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Your definition of clutch is hitting one shot. Every time Finley's name is brought up all you can point to is that one fucking shot. I provided you with examples of Finley being clutch and you completely ignored them because you're butt-hurt that he got the minutes you wanted for Brent Barry.

and resigned him instead of Barry this offseason.

ClingingMars
01-15-2009, 05:10 PM
2t1_JDYn8vw

More proof that Finley's a choking bitch

so is Barry.

55QAqgNDRYs

-Mars

EricB
01-15-2009, 05:12 PM
so is Barry.

55QAqgNDRYs

-Mars

???

Whos disputing that Barry hit clutch shots?

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 05:52 PM
so is Barry.

55QAqgNDRYs

-Mars

I loved Barry once he got over his fear of shooting the damn ball when he was open. Too bad it didn't happen until 07-08.

EricB
01-15-2009, 05:53 PM
I loved Barry once he got over his fear of shooting the damn ball when he was open. Too bad it didn't happen until 07-08.

Aint that the truth.

How many times did we scream out in game threads for Barry to just shoot the damn ball.

whottt
01-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Your definition of clutch is hitting one shot. Every time Finley's name is brought up all you can point to is that one fucking shot.

What? You mean my definition of choke is missing one shot don't you?

Figure out what the fuck you are trying to say and then maybe you'll have something to stand on....

BTW, wrong....I said Finley was just good enough to let you down when it matters most, the day he signed with the Spurs...and many a Mav were exact same thing....

Evidentally you never watched Finley play against the Spurs BTW.

I provided you with examples of Finley being clutch and you completely ignored them because you're butt-hurt that he got the minutes you wanted for Brent Barry.

The only one butt hurt is you...you are so far up Finley's ass it isn't even funny.

You want to go through life with a shitty definition of choke and clutch...by all means do so, just realize that your standards are weak and Michael Finley doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Steve Smith when it comes to clutch.

whottt
01-15-2009, 07:49 PM

Further proof you are on Finley's jock...Barry hit a game winner against LA his first year with the Spurs...

He also went off for 15 in the fourth quarter on the road against a team with a better record in the WCF....

His first year with the team...

I don't care what the fuck you and this douchebag Eric say...I always thought was a choker before he ever signed with the Spurs, he was always the guy I wanted shooting the ball for the Mavs...always...for the reason I said when we signed him...because he's just good enough to let you down when it matters most...

Meanwhile...you can go through life stupid and thinking we wouldn't have beaten the Nuggets without him in 06...

Fucking retards. We probably beat the Mavs easily in 06 if he was't on the team...because Pop wouldn't have tried that stupid fucking smallball which was about the only way to lose to the Mavs.

z0sa
01-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Whatever you do fuckstick...don't look it up to see if they actually lost 20 in a row...just sit here asking stupid questions and ignoring the answers.

I didn't ignore it. I called it a crock of shit. Jackass.

PS...your assumption that WC teams played 4 times a year brands you as a newbie to basketball....you probably weren't even following the NBA when that Mavs streak against LA started.

I lived in a household with only one TV, and didn't get to see many games until 2001. And since that couldn't be helped, you can blow me, Mr. High and Mighty Douchebag.

In fact, you probably weren't even following the NBA when the Mavs ended that streak...if you were you wouldn't be so incredulous...because it was pretty fucking big news when it happened.

Either that or I just didn't give a shit.

Whatever you do...don't look it up to see if they actually lost 20 in a row in LA...

Nah, I'll be fine.

best to just sit here disgracing Led Zeppelin by making their fans look stupid...and ignoring the answers to questions you asked.

That's zoso, idiot.

whottt
01-15-2009, 08:24 PM
I didn't ignore it. I called it a crock of shit. Jackass.

Called what a crock of shit...the Mavs losing 20 in a row in LA, or the fact that NBA teams sometimes used to play MORE than 4 times a year, more than 2 times a year on each others home court, and that you are too fucking stupid to know that?

Is that what you are calling crock of shit...smug dumbass?

Real fucking simple one more time idiot...then number of games played in a season, 82, has not changed in a long time...the number of teams has...it's gone up.

Which could mean that streak took place over less than 10 years...do you get it now idiot?

I lived in a household with only one TV, and didn't get to see many games until 2001. And since that couldn't be helped, you can blow me, Mr. High and Mighty Douchebag.

Yeah but why are you a fuckstick is that you think that growing up with only TV must mean you are intelligent...

It's not that I posted a crock of shit...it's that you are ignorant, doubly so becuase you think becuase you didn't know it, it must not be true...

And guess what? That streak ended well after 2001. It was still going in 2003.

Either that or I just didn't give a shit.

No...it's definitely that you are stupid...without a doubt that's what it is. Because they did indeed lose at least 20 games in a row in LA...and it may or may not have happened over a 10 year period....

Nah, I'll be fine.

No...what you'll likely continue to be is fucking stupid, ignorant of the NBA...no matter how many TV's you have.

Not realizing what you don't know is always the truest test of an idiot.

That's zoso, idiot.

Whew...much better to know you aren't the stupidest Zeppelin fan ever and a disgrace to them all.

z0sa
01-15-2009, 08:32 PM
editing
Called what a crock of shit...the Mavs losing 20 in a row in LA, or the fact that NBA teams sometimes used to play MORE than 4 times a year, more than 2 times a year on each others home court, and that you are too fucking stupid to know that?

Is that what you are calling crock of shit...smug dumbass?

You don't even know me as a poster here and you immediately refered to me as a dumbass ... when Your Doucheness is attacking Finley whose done everything the Spurs wanted him to and more :lmao If anyone is the idiot here, its you, and the fact you've followed the Spurs longer than I have means its worse you actually believe the shit you're spewing. :wow

BTW ... take notice of how I used Spurs in that last sentence^. The rest of the NBA gets about 2-3% of my attention, which is why whether or not Finley won in LA (which is retarded criteria if I have ever seen any) means nothing to me, and why I will never look it up. But continue thinking you're another Einstein.

Real fucking simple one more time idiot...then number of games played in a season, 82, has not changed in a long time...the number of teams has...it's gone up.

Which could mean that streak took place over less than 10 years...do you get it now idiot?

LOL, you don't even know for yoursellf ... yet you're quick to throw the losing streak out there like it means anything. The Lakers didn't win in the SBC center like 8 times in a row in its first year of existence, but sure won Game 5 of the 04 series. Streaks on an opponents home floor mean very little when you're either a) shitty like those 90's Mavs teams were or b)beating them at home, making it an even trade, which the Mavs also did as they got better. The Mavs beat SA something like 3 times on the road one season, and I'm not talking 97... so your intended point means dick.

Yeah but why are you a fuckstick is that you think that growing up with only TV must mean you are intelligent...

I'm not like you ... I don't turn every debate into a pissing contest just because you feel like you're better than someone. Growing with one TV simply means the family shared it, and that generally meant no Spurs games unless it was just me (not even my dad is a spurs fan). I didn't have the net until 2001 as well, and the NBA as a whole means very little to me to this day. So whatever the fuck you're talking about intelligence is unintelligent garbled nonsense.

It's not that I posted a crock of shit...it's that you are ignorant, doubly so becuase you think becuase you didn't know it, it must not be true...

You're the one being an arrogant cocky jackass saying "Lakers aren't in the Eastern Conference." My question was semi serious, but you are too busy being an b!tch.

And guess what? That streak ended well after 2001. It was still going in 2003.

If I didn't know different I'd say you're a closet Mavsfan.. you've obviously been hurt by Finley during this tenure there.

No...it's definitely that you are stupid...without a doubt that's what it is. Because they did indeed lose at least 20 games in a row in LA...and it may or may not have happened over a 10 year period....

Its funny, you've honestly got some sort of mental disorder the amount of times you can call other people retards and not eventually get that it's you whose lacking in overall intelligence.

Whew...much better to know you aren't the stupidest Zeppelin fan ever and a disgrace to them all.

what the fuck are you rambling about?

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Further proof you are on Finley's jock...Barry hit a game winner against LA his first year with the Spurs...

He also went off for 15 in the fourth quarter on the road against a team with a better record in the WCF....

His first year with the team...

I don't care what the fuck you and this douchebag Eric say...I always thought was a choker before he ever signed with the Spurs, he was always the guy I wanted shooting the ball for the Mavs...always...for the reason I said when we signed him...because he's just good enough to let you down when it matters most...

Meanwhile...you can go through life stupid and thinking we wouldn't have beaten the Nuggets without him in 06...

Fucking retards. We probably beat the Mavs easily in 06 if he was't on the team...because Pop wouldn't have tried that stupid fucking smallball which was about the only way to lose to the Mavs.

You always thought he was a choker? Like when his team was down 0-2 and he single-handedly carried them to a series win against Utah? At least your definition of clutch hasn't yet sunk to the level of your definition of point guard.

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/6131/whottsluvje7.jpg

whottt
01-15-2009, 08:42 PM
editing

Edit this fuckstick:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9501E4DC123CF930A25751C1A9659C8B 63&sec=&spon=

Dirk Nowitzki and Antoine Walker scored 27 points each and the Mavericks ended a 26-game losing streak on the Lakers' home court with a 110-93 victory last night.

But wait...it gets better, and pay attention to this baselinebum:

The Mavericks' futility began 13 years to the date when they won in overtime at the Forum in Inglewood on Dec. 12, 1990. The defeat was the Lakers' first at Staples Center this season after 12 victories and snapped their regular-season home winning streak at 27 games.

Dallas's Josh Howard had 17 points and 13 rebounds starting in place of guard Michael Finley, who has a sprained big toe.

:lmao it took Finley being out of the lineup for them to end it...seriously, what a pathetic choking laydown bendover bitch of a player.

Meanwhile...Barry's team swept the 2001 Lakers, 4-0, which just might have been greatest NBA team ever.

whottt
01-15-2009, 08:49 PM
You always thought he was a choker? Like when his team was down 0-2 and he single-handedly carried them to a series win against Utah? At least your definition of clutch hasn't yet sunk to the level of your definition of point guard.

Exactly...I was completely stunned the Mavs were down 0-2 to a decrepit Utah Team that was like a year away from being broken up...

The Kings beat em the next year you know...

BTW, how'd Finley do in the next series? Against a real team and not an antique?

whottt
01-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Fuck anyone who calls a guy clutch that couldn't win in an arena for his virtually his entire lengthy career as the heart and soul of a team, and then his team ends it when he is injured...

Fuck your definition of clutch...

That's my definition of complete bitch.

And it's a trend...Mavs couldn't beat us either until they dumped him and we got him...

Fuck this dude and all who dare to say he is clutch...

z0sa
01-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Edit this fuckstick

:lmao that's a good dose of fail.

oh and..

Yeah but why are you a fuckstick

Whatever you do fuckstick

fuckstick?

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Exactly...I was completely stunned the Mavs were down 0-2 to a decrepit Utah Team that was like a year away from being broken up...

The Kings beat em the next year you know...

BTW, how'd Finley do in the next series? Against a real team and not an antique?

So he choked in carrying Dirk to a series win down 0-2 without homecourt?

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 08:56 PM
That's my definition of complete bitch.

You're my definition of complete bitch.

whottt
01-15-2009, 09:05 PM
You're the one being an arrogant cocky jackass saying "Lakers aren't in the Eastern Conference." My question was semi serious, but you are too busy being an b!tch- unimportant shit snippety snip snip snipped

A. Your question was stupid and irrelevant

B. You were to stupid to understand there was no way to tell the length over or under 10 years based purely on the 20 game number, not that it mattered...could have been more, could have been less...that was the point, the redundant point.

C. It did not fucking matter and could never have been important to anyone other than yourself or other dumbasses...but if it was important to you, why not just fucking google and find out? Is my name yahoo asshat? No it isn't...

z0sa
01-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Just me being an arrogant bitch...nothing to see here...see how I put ellipses between every post...

now look suddenly i'm down here.... i hope this makes me look like less of a douche...

z0sa
01-15-2009, 09:13 PM
A. Your question was stupid and irrelevant

Could have easily furthered your argument against Finley.

The reason it mattered is because if Finley never won in LA for 10+ years, that means he never won there as a Maverick, and only as a Spur, an interesting tidbit to me and the other dumbasses who call themselves spurs fans... at least that's what you would call them (the former).

whottt
01-15-2009, 09:18 PM

If I wanted help in my arguments, I wouldn't take the sides I take...figure it out.

z0sa
01-15-2009, 09:20 PM
If I wanted help in my arguments, I wouldn't take the sides I take...figure it out.

It wasn't for help, but you say it was irrelevant and stupid. Since you could have used it for the subject at hand (or any Finley hater), you'd have to agree it was indeed quite relevant.

Again, I found it interesting and not stupid, but then again I'm not a total asshole.

whottt
01-15-2009, 09:25 PM

The reason it mattered is because if Finley never won in LA for 10+ years, that means he never won there as a Maverick, and only as a Spur, an interesting tidbit to me and the other dumbasses who call themselves spurs fans... at least that's what you would call them (the former).

I'm not worried about providing interesting tidbits to dumbasses at this particular point...there are two kind of people in this world...those that understand Findog sucks, and those that don't...the ones that understand he sucks don't need any additional information to come to that conclusion...the ones that don't are too stupid to enlighten...the ones that are on the fence are in the latter group and worthless, and stupid and even if convinced, will not dissuade hardcore down to the last drop Finsuckers like baseline bum from their stupid notions that that choking bitch is clutch.

Furthermore...anyone stupid enough to decide he is clutch or become a fan of Finscuk based purely my tone and antagonistic demeanor...well, stupid gets what stupid deserves....I laugh at those guys the most. In fact those folks are just about the entire reason for my tone...

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm not worried about providing interesting tidbits to dumbasses at this particular point...there are two kind of people in this world...those that understand Findog sucks, and those that don't...the ones that understand he sucks don't need any additional information to come to that conclusion...the ones that don't are too stupid to enlighten...the ones that are on the fence are worthless and even if convinced, will not dissuade hardcore down to the last drop Finsuckers like baseline bum from their stupid notions that that choking bitch is not clutch.

Furthermore...anyone stupid enough to decide he is clutch or become a fan of Finscuk based purely my tone and antagonistic demeanor...well, stupid gets what stupid deserves....I laugh at those guys the most.

LMAO that you can completely fucking ignore every single big play Finley made in that 06 series vs Dallas.

z0sa
01-15-2009, 09:30 PM
I'm not worried about providing interesting tidbits to dumbasses at this particular point.

Those 25000 posts say you've got quite an addiction to doing just that.

ElNono
01-15-2009, 09:32 PM
LOL @ the forum clown... good job whottt... keep up the silly entertainment :tu

whottt
01-15-2009, 09:32 PM
LMAO that you can completely fucking ignore every single big play Finley made in that 06 series vs Dallas.

Because we were the defending champs and they were the Mavs, because we were the better team, with HCA...because they were his old team, which by tearing them up, almost guarantees a player is not clutch...see Smitty for an example of this...

I mean Robert Horry always sucked against his old teams. Smitty is the one that tore his up...

Not clutch, and if Barry had torn up the Sonics in a loss...I wouldn't have called that clutch either. Luckily for me he didn't and sucked against the Sonics...like the truly clutch do...see any performance by Horry against LA for further proof...

<<<< advanced student of clutch.

Calling tearing up an old team clutch is like saying beating your girlfriend is tough...

Total bullshit.

PS: We lost. Finley missed a big shot...when it mattered most. Next one he makes in the playoffs to win a series against a better team, when it matters most, will be his first.

z0sa
01-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Because we were the defending champs and they were the Mavs, because we were the better team, with HCA...because they were his old team, which by tearing them up, almost guarantees a player is not clutch...see Smitty for an example of this...

I mean Robert Horry always sucked against his old teams. Smitty is the one that tore his up...

Not clutch, and if Barry had torn up the Sonics in a loss...I wouldn't have called that clutch either. Luckily for me he didn't and sucked against the Sonics...like the truly clutch do...see any performance by Horry against LA for further proof...

Calling tearing up an old team clutch is like saying beating your girlfriend is tough...

Total bullshit.

PS: We lost. Finley missed a big shot...when it mattered most.

You're the retard :toast

whottt
01-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Those 25000 posts say you've got quite an addiction to doing just that.

Spoken like someone who has no clue how I post...inspite of a recent intense exposure to just that...

whottt
01-15-2009, 09:52 PM
You're the retard :toast

If by retard you mean brilliant I agree.

Fact: Whottt proclaims Barry clutch, rest of board proclaims him gutless and heartless, yet Barry helps a non-champion Spur team win a title in his first year...and he is vindicated as clutch and wrongly maligned by Spurfans, by putting up his best performance against a better team and long time Spurs archrival, in his final games with the Spurs...while Finley lays down, and bends over...like he has done for the majority of his career against the truly great NBA teams.

Fact: Board jocks Finley, whottt calls him a pos...Finley OTOH went to a championship team and they immediately lost to their longtime bitch. Finley tanks against that longtime archrival while Barry shines...

I'm not a retard you see...it's just your little hive minds are easily fucked with and set to buzzing...truth is you should thank me for the experience of arguing with me...I've done you a bigger favor than you know.
And hey...the hive is always there waiting...once you calm down.

z0sa
01-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Spoken like someone who has no clue how I post...inspite of a recent intense exposure to just that...

My first clue was the semi-retarded way you write your posts. Like you dropped out in middle school...

whottt
01-15-2009, 10:02 PM
I call it a wireless kb...

BTW, if we should ever meet...I'm not like this in person...wouldn't want to be stoned or anything :smokin

z0sa
01-15-2009, 10:07 PM
I call it a wireless kb...

BTW, if we should ever meet...I'm not like this in person...wouldn't want to be stoned or anything :smokin

i indeed hope we do meet and have a more intelligent debate than the one you've spurred on here. You could've simply answered my question without being an ass, considering you took the time to make a reply in the first place.

but apparently being a total dick to someone you don't even talk to is life as usual for you ... i bet if we met though we'd get along more than fine enough.

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 10:09 PM

Total bullshit.

PS: We lost. Finley missed a big shot...when it mattered most. Next one he makes in the playoffs to win a series against a better team, when it matters most, will be his first.

Duncan missed an even bigger one that would have given them the series. By your logic he's a choker.

So losing to the Mavs had nothing to do with replacing that turnstile Nash with someone as quick as Parker at PG, the complete lack of production whatsoever from any big not named Duncan, and with Dirk growing some balls for 2 weeks and attacking the basket? It's all the fault of the guy who stepped up and made big play after big play when the Spurs desperately needed more scoring to keep up with Dallas.

whottt
01-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Duncan missed an even bigger one that would have given them the series. By your logic he's a choker.

Duncan is also the guy that never usually gets an uncontested shot...in fact he's usually the reason guys like Findog get the ball and a chance to play hero...there's also the fact that he's plenty of clutch shots, including some threes...and there's also that whole bevy of huge playoff games and a trophy case full of finals MVP's...holee shit...I can't believe I had to explain that.

And it's not about that one shot...it's about even your example of his clutchness isn't clutch and involved a choke just when it mattered most.

You're the trying to jock that series as an example of his clutchness...and I am shooting it down, the shots brung up simply because I can...not because it's my entire argument.

So losing to the Mavs had nothing to do with replacing that turnstile Nash with someone as quick as Parker at PG, the complete lack of production whatsoever from any big not named Duncan, and with Dirk growing some balls for 2 weeks and attacking the basket?

Losing that series had everything to do with Pop starting a 6'7 shooting guard named Michael Finley, at C.

There's a reason 99.99999% of teams in NBA history haven't started 6'7 shooting guards at C, especially in the playoffs...because it sucks.

It's all the fault of the guy who stepped up and made big play after big play when the Spurs desperately needed more scoring to keep up with Dallas.

You notice how you never have to plea for sympathy for Horry? It's like that with the truly clutch...no one feels sorry for the winners. Ever.

And yes, if he hadn't been on the court so much he wouldn't have needed to step up so much...and the Mavs were still a bitch to any decent team with a starting c over 6'7, as they proved quickly in the finals.

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 10:20 PM
Losing that series had everything to do with Pop starting a 6'5 shooting guard named Michael Finley, at C.

So it's Finley's fault that Nesterovic, Horry, and Mohammed played like scrubs and he played well. Got it.

whottt
01-15-2009, 10:23 PM
So it's Finley's fault that Nesterovic, Horry, and Mohammed played like scrubs and he played well. Got it.

They didn't suck...Pop sucked, he's the one that didn't even play them. Hell...even Oberto played well in the short minutes he got in that series.

Finley sucks because he was good enough to make Pop stupid enough to try it...

So yeah...it's Finley's fault. If he'd still been on the Mavs we'd have won that series...and kicked Shaq's ass in a finals.

polandprzem
01-16-2009, 03:11 AM
Wow, whottt still here to explain himself?

Man, timvp got power!

baseline bum
01-16-2009, 03:39 AM
They didn't suck...Pop sucked, he's the one that didn't even play them. Hell...even Oberto played well in the short minutes he got in that series.

Finley sucks because he was good enough to make Pop stupid enough to try it...

So yeah...it's Finley's fault. If he'd still been on the Mavs we'd have won that series...and kicked Shaq's ass in a finals.

You have real revisionist history going there. Mohammed was horrible, always out of position, and could not hold on to the ball to save his life. He played way over his head in the 05 playoffs, but after that he returned to his bust level he played at before the Nesterovic injury in Phoenix that year. Nesterovic was a complete bust, and his lack of rebounding ability made him an even worse option, as he couldn't fall on that to help make up for his lack of mobility in being able to stay with Dallas' 4-guard lineups. The only compelling argument you have is for Horry, who has history even if the present wasn't at all on his side that year. If we had 2007 Robert Horry in 2006, then no doubt he should have started. It's real easy to condition on knowing the Spurs lost playing Finley instead of Horry, but that certainly doesn't show Horry getting minutes would have won the series or even let it be as competitive as it was.

I still cannot believe the way you underestimate Devin Harris' impact. I also can't see how Finley gets the blame. That's just lazy and comes off as nothing but bias against him. If you really want to find a scapegoat, blame Nick Van Exel for being injured.

whottt
01-16-2009, 05:54 AM
You have real revisionist history going there. Mohammed was horrible, always out of position, and could not hold on to the ball to save his life. He played way over his head in the 05 playoffs, but after that he returned to his bust level he played at before the Nesterovic injury in Phoenix that year. Nesterovic was a complete bust, and his lack of rebounding ability made him an even worse option, as he couldn't fall on that to help make up for his lack of mobility in being able to stay with Dallas' 4-guard lineups.

Whatever...you act like Nazr was incapable of a big game which is bullshit...

Furthermore, I've seen Nazr put players on their asses before and he could have done it to Dirk...

Instead Pop treated Dirk was like he was unstoppable, and he was so.

I mean did you not watch the finals or what? You didn't see them putting Dirk on the ground? It wasn't like they were faster or anything...they were physical, the Spurs weren't.

The only compelling argument you have is for Horry, who has history even if the present wasn't at all on his side that year. If we had 2007 Robert Horry in 2006, then no doubt he should have started. It's real easy to condition on knowing the Spurs lost playing Finley instead of Horry, but that certainly doesn't show Horry getting minutes would have won the series or even let it be as competitive as it was.

Or better yet...how about the Robert Horry that put David West on his ass.

I still cannot believe the way you underestimate Devin Harris' impact. I also can't see how Finley gets the blame. That's just lazy and comes off as nothing but bias against him. If you really want to find a scapegoat, blame Nick Van Exel for being injured.

And I can't belive you don't seem to understand that Dirk got to the line like Wilt fucking Chamberlain and knocked them down like Calivin fucking Murphy..and it had everything do with him being comfortable.

The opposite reason he missed them in the finals...and stopped going to the hoop as much.

Sorry but smallball sucked ass and was the reason we lost that series.

I've seen Nazr suck...I've also seem him go off against teams like the Mavs and Suns...yes he sucks a lot of the time, but he doesn't suck all the time.

And it's lame to say he would have.

Like I said...you aint changing my mind, so we might as well agree that you have a weak definition of choke, and clutch. Period. And the main reason we lost that series is because Pop let Dirk think he was Wilt instead of reminding him that he is Dirk. FACT!

whottt
01-16-2009, 05:58 AM
Wow, whottt still here to explain himself?

Man, timvp got power!

http://www.anaboliczworld.com/

baseline bum
01-16-2009, 06:20 AM
How about we agree you have an irrational hate of Finley despite the good things he has done for this franchise?

polandprzem
01-16-2009, 06:46 AM
http://www.anaboliczworld.com/

I undrstand - You bought something and now you can't stop posting and posting

uhh okay

whottt
01-26-2009, 02:11 AM

On second thought, Phil made it pretty clear today that he most definitely will be leaving him(and Bonner too) at least in LA he will be, and it's a problem.

I cannot explain this enough...shooters that knockdown open shots in the playoffs against LA, especially in LA, are a precious commodity, and we don't beat the Lakers when we don't have them.

I mean there is a mental block when it comes to the Lakers for like 90% of the shooter sin the NBA.

I mean Smitty wasn't really a choker against anyone but LA, same with Terry Porter, Danny Ferry...and Hedo Turkoglu.

Even Robert Horry didn't hot shots against LA...and neither did Stephen Jackson or Steve Kerr, in LA, in the playoffs. To be fair...Phil didn't double off them like he did the first group of guys I mentioned and they weren't left open much...and so they are cut from a little bit different cloth.

This is why Brent Barry had value to me always...because he actually played better in LA, at least throughout his career, in fact he played better there than anywhere from a career POV....and even if he didn't, he wasn't the type of shooter that is ever left open.

So this is a huge problem for us...I mean there is no msytery this is what Phil is going to do us, he's done it every time but one that we played them(2003) and it beats us...every time.

And the only reason he didn't do it in 2003 was because Stephen Jackson tore them up in the regular season, and when he tried to do it off Bruce Bowen, Bruce Bowen torched his ass for 27 points and 7 threes.

This is the absolute key to beating the Lakers and Phil for the Spurs...and there is no excuse for the Spurs not to know this...

And so I've been a little reluctant to coronate Bonner and Mason as the next Elie and JJ for this reason(not that they ever did it against Phil either), and today they showed why...but I at least thought Phil wouldn't have his guys sag off him...and he most certainly did, off the both of them.

It's actually a huge compliment to the Spurs, they are the only team I ever see that gets Phil to break his defense like that. The Spurs are not only the only team I've ever seen draw a double out of Phil consistently...I've seen them draw triples out of him(in 2002) or doubles off multiple players(2004)...and he'll do it again if he doesn't respect our shooters and we have frequently not given him reason to do.

But you know I was thinking...Austin Croshere stuck in my head in a positive way for some reason and I couldn't exactly remember why..it's certainly not because of anything he's done recently...but still, he's in my head for a reason so I did a little research...

2000 NBA Finals :smokin

In particular the games in LA :smokin

Props Pop, you did your homework.

Pop..."gets it".

http://www.infoplease.com/ipsa/A0874971.html

And yes it matters...shooter that don't hit open big game threes against LA(in LA) don't turn into them, ever...and those that do, well they don't lose it at least not hat I have seen.

I actually feel better because Croshere is on the this team. I hope we keep him, because I don't think Phil will double off him like he will Bonner and that's almost as good as actually hitting the shots.

He won't leave Bruce, he won't leave Manu, and I don't think he'll leave Croshere...and that's gonna let Duncan and Parker be Duncan and Parker.

I still have not written Mason off BTW...still plenty of evidence he's last second shot type clutch if not big quarter or game type clutch.

DynastyBuilder
01-26-2009, 02:23 AM
Game 1 - Croshere FG 6-7 / 3PT 0-1
Indiana - 87 Lakers - 104

Game 2 - Croshere FG 6-15 / 3PT 0-2
Indiana - 104 Lakers - 111

Game 6 - Croshere FG 4-7 / 3PT 3-5
Indiana - 111 Lakers - 116

:smokin

whottt
01-26-2009, 02:29 AM
Yeap...not only that, but he pulled down about 6 boards a game too. And he wasn't left open. Phil may test it out...but if Croshere burns him Phil won't try it again. And his nuts obviously don't shrivel against LA...not even the biggest games of his life, so I hope does try it at least once.

He put about 18 and 5 per game in LA on about 55% shooting from the field...his 3 shooting wasn't great, but he wasn't left open much either IIRC. Phil doesn't usually attempt against anyone but the Spurs is why I feel pretty certain saying that.

DynastyBuilder
01-26-2009, 02:31 AM
Didn't work out too well for Indy...

whottt
01-26-2009, 02:45 AM
Didn't work out too well for Indy...

Well you know...it's kinda like that flush didn't work out for your mom once you floated....wasn't her fault, wasn't his fault. You were a floater and Indy was a bad basketball team.

But thanks for the insight Einstein...I didn't realize LA lost that series as I was looking up the links, and I want to taink you for pointing out the scores on the links I provided....you're pretty fucking smart for a retard.

baseline bum
01-26-2009, 02:46 AM
Bonner did what I expected, pulling a Turkoglu in Staples Center. I still have high hopes for Mason though. He's not decrepit Terry Porter who gave the Derek Fishers and Rick Foxs of the world plenty of time to get back and contest the shot. As for Ferry, Rick Fox had the series of a lifetime in that sweep. Ferry got that set-shot off quick, but Fox was recovering from doubles to contest the shot like a madman every single time. Smith is a bitch who played with no hustle in that 02 series; probably pissed he wasn't getting the post opportunities on Bryant that he got in Portland.

DynastyBuilder
01-26-2009, 02:48 AM
you're pretty fucking smart for a retard.

And 2000 Austin Croshere is making Phil Jackson lose sleep.

whottt
01-26-2009, 02:54 AM

Yes so tell me something slick...do you think if Indy had Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Gionbili to go with Crosher's 18 on 55% shooting it would have helped more or less? Since you know...LA lost the series.

DynastyBuilder
01-26-2009, 03:11 AM
The question is ridiculous. You can't take 2000 Austin Croshere and equal him to 2008 Austin Croshere. Let's not anoint AC as the savior just yet. He's made two buckets thus far.

Likewise you can't just throw in 2008 TD, TP and MG into 2000 with 2000 AC. Hell let's bring back 79-80 Iceman and 94-95 David to go with the big three and AC.

Let's even go one step farther and pull out 2001-02 Tim to go with that roster.

whottt
01-26-2009, 03:28 AM
The question is ridiculous. You can't take 2000 Austin Croshere and equal him to 2008 Austin Croshere. Let's not anoint AC as the savior just yet. He's made two buckets thus far.

Likewise you can't just throw in 2008 TD, TP and MG into 2000 with 2000 AC. Hell let's bring back 79-80 Iceman and 94-95 David to go with the big three and AC.

Let's even go one step farther and pull out 2001-02 Tim to go with that roster.

What makes you a douche is that you evidentally didn't read a single thing I posted...about the Lakers Spurs match ups and the role shooters play. All you did was stupidly point out that the Lakers lost those games using the boxscores I provided...your stupidity and lack of comprhension is annoying...

You aren't clever, you provided no meaningful insight, you didn't even read the post I made, and if you di you didn't comphrehend.

So anyway...the Lakers lost the series, now what? Anything else?

DynastyBuilder
01-26-2009, 08:45 AM
So anyway...the Lakers lost the series, now what? Anything else?
:lmao I see what you did there.

DynastyBuilder
01-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Here is some insight for you... AC is no longer on the Spurs' roster page, could be a mistake PJ was on there earlier this season. Coincidence that today is the end of 10 days... http://www.nba.com/spurs/roster/

DynastyBuilder
01-27-2009, 08:45 AM

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115345

whottt
01-27-2009, 06:19 PM
:lmao I see what you did there.

Did you think of that comeback all on your own?

whottt
01-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Here is some insight for you... AC is no longer on the Spurs' roster page, could be a mistake PJ was on there earlier this season. Coincidence that today is the end of 10 days... http://www.nba.com/spurs/roster/

Hey I never said it was certainty they were going to keep him...although I do think it would have been wise since the alternative is Matt Bonner.

Does Phil lose sleep over Bonner? Only that he might not be in the lineup. :lol

Anyway, I don't know why you're celebrating...the only thing I can conclude is that you didn't watch the last Laker game.