PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Ariza sucks major a$$!...

Lakers_55
01-15-2009, 12:27 AM
...well at least tonight he did. I'm too lazy to get his numbers for tonight, but he wasn't the X-Factor I expected he would be. Being short in the back court, he had to get some minutes there. He commited fouls twice on 3 point shooters. Dumb. What was he doing with the ball on the last play? Why wasn't it in Kobe's hands? Traveling? Ok, fine. I don't mind losing the game, but get a shot at the basket!

Good game Spurs, you deserved it. We almost kinda did. Until the next game between us, see you all then!

TheMACHINE
01-15-2009, 12:29 AM
its wasnt in Kobes hands cuz Kobe passed it.

Lakers_55
01-15-2009, 12:42 AM
its wasnt in Kobes hands cuz Kobe passed it.

Then Kobe sucks major ass too! I guess they had a play in mind, but still. Oh well, I am not worried, we can beat them in a 7 game series. If we can simply win 3 of every 4 games, we will finish 64-18. That should be good enough for HCA throughout.

YellowFever
01-15-2009, 12:47 AM
It wasn't in Kobe's hand becuase he got doubled as soon as he crossed half court.

More than likely Ariza cost us this game (not for that last play but the numerous bone-headed plays before that) but he's been too good a role player forus this year for me to get really pissed off at him.

You take the good with the bad.

Just like Kobe's chukking....and making shots at the end of games.

Kobe™
01-15-2009, 12:48 AM
Ariza on Parker was genius.

Stfu.

hater
well he ain't no lock down defender like many Laker fans said. At the same time, Bynum is no Wilt Chamberlain like many Laker fans said...

SpursPreacher
and you still lost.

lefty
01-15-2009, 12:51 AM
As soon as Kobe passed the ball to Ariza in that last play, I knew we won the game :lol

He was that bad

DPG21920
01-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Ariza on Parker was good. I was wondering when Phil was going to do that. He waited until the 4th and really disrupted Tony for the most part.

Baseline
01-15-2009, 12:56 AM
The Lakers played out of their minds... and they still lost.

You will never see another team shoot 56% against the Spurs this season. So I hope you Laker fans enjoyed it. this is easily the worst defensive game I've seen the Spurs play in the last ten years.

Meanwhile, you guys still can't stop anybody on D.

We'll see you punks in the WCF.

Banzai
01-15-2009, 01:01 AM

You will never see another team shoot 56% against the Spurs this season. So I hope you Laker fans enjoyed it. this is easily the worst defensive game I've seen the Spurs play in the last ten years.

:wakeup:rolleyes

j-money24
01-15-2009, 01:13 AM

see you, if you can make it through.

Purple & Gold
01-15-2009, 01:15 AM
I hope the Lakers resign Ariza

j-money24
01-15-2009, 01:20 AM
+1

How many points did Parker get in the fourth?

PJ should have left Pau out and kept Josh in cause he was killing that pick and roll. Odom better get it in gear cause Josh wants some burn.

+1

IronMexican
01-15-2009, 01:22 AM
Powell playing great shows how un-needy we are for Odumb. Trade him for a legit PG, please.

z0sa
01-15-2009, 01:27 AM
Parker having a shitty fourth quarter isn't going to happen often. But since we've got a plenty of guys to pick up the slack now ..

Purple & Gold
01-15-2009, 01:31 AM
Powell playing great shows how un-needy we are for Odumb. Trade him for a legit PG, please.

Hinrich and Sefolosha for Odom would be a great trade. Or Hinrich and one of their young bigs.

TheMACHINE
01-15-2009, 01:51 AM
Trevor did do those 2 stupid 3 point fouls. Game.

Showtime24 LAKERS
01-15-2009, 04:18 AM
It's a regular season game that we were almost able to half-arse and win. Plus we were missing 3 key players in Farmar, Luke and Sasha. He would've closed out on their shooters better thank Fisher's crippled ass, help Kobe and Ariza conserve energy by helping pick up the difficult perimeter players, and he'd have knock down a good amount of those 3's that Vlad and Ariza missed.

I'm not worried. We played shorthanded, on a good teams home court, and came within inches of winning.

Showtime24 LAKERS
01-15-2009, 04:45 AM

if it takes home-cocking calls, and 3 Lakers who play a big parts in this team to be injured in order for the Spurs to win by 1 point then I'm not the least bit worried. When Farmar and Vujacic come back, we will go back to our winning ways like last years WCF! :toast

it's hard on the players too to play on line-ups that they've never played with before

DrHouse
01-15-2009, 04:53 AM
I don't think any Laker fan is worried about the Spurs after this game. Pissed off about the loss, but not worried at all about the Spurs.

I'm actually less worried about them than I was before the game started. I know the style of basketball played tonight does not favor that team. If they can't hold LAL to under 100ppg they have no chance of winning a playoff series.

hater
01-15-2009, 10:45 AM
I don't think any Laker fan is worried about the Spurs after this game. Pissed off about the loss, but not worried at all about the Spurs.

I'm actually less worried about them than I was before the game started. I know the style of basketball played tonight does not favor that team. If they can't hold LAL to under 100ppg they have no chance of winning a playoff series.

LMAO, if Lakers lose games where they shot 56% from the field. I don't see them winning any playoff series either

TheMACHINE
01-15-2009, 11:26 AM
LMAO, if Lakers lose games where they shot 56% from the field. I don't see them winning any playoff series either

hmm...back to back, 3 injured players, on the road, half court shot by Manu, wrong call at the end, lose by 1.....yah Lakers Fans are sooooooo worried. :lol

z0sa
01-15-2009, 11:30 AM

Powell and Ariza stepped up in a big way. Kobe had a near perfect game. Pau and Bynum were on fire from the post and getting the shots the injured guys would've - and making them at a much better clip.

Yet your team still lost, bitch.

z0sa
01-15-2009, 11:37 AM
hmm...back to back, 3 injured players,

Bynum got a good amount of their shots and made the most of them. I doubt they'd have knocked in shots at a better clip than Bynum or Pau.

on the road,

LAfan crying because they played a game away from Staples?

half court shot by Manu,

Now you know what you WOULD've been dealing with last spring. He had 24 other points besides that and was making multiple Lakers his b!tch.

wrong call at the end,

It should have been in Kobe's hands and they'd have called a foul - Ariza is a nobody. I doubt even Kobe could get away with 4.5 steps though.

lose by 1.....yah Lakers Fans are sooooooo worried. :lol

Whether you're worried or not means little ... but a loss by 1 or 20 is still a loss.

BTW, Mason Jr says "Hi" to all the haters saying we didn't get better this offseason :lmao

TheMACHINE
01-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Bynum got a good amount of their shots and made the most of them. I doubt they'd have knocked in shots at a better clip than Bynum or Pau.

LAfan crying because they played a game away from Staples?

Now you know what you WOULD've been dealing with last spring. He had 24 other points besides that and was making multiple Lakers his b!tch.

It should have been in Kobe's hands and they'd have called a foul - Ariza is a nobody. I doubt even Kobe could get away with 4.5 steps though.

Whether you're worried or not means little ... but a loss by 1 or 20 is still a loss.

BTW, Mason Jr says "Hi" to all the haters saying we didn't get better this offseason :lmao

My response was to Hater for saying we wont win any playoff series. So all your responds are useless. If you're happy you squeaked away with a 1 point win in those conditions, then congratualtions to you. But do not think we cant win a playoff series.

DrHouse
01-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Actually if I were a Spur's fan I'd be worried about their chances more than anything.

Given the circumstances the game should have been an easy win for them. It took two moronic 3pt shooting fouls from Ariza at the end of the buzzer, a Ginobil halfcourt shot, a Roger Mason Jr. incredible 3pt play, and 57% shooting from the field to beat LAL by 1pt.

Killakobe81
01-15-2009, 01:38 PM

OK you guys rae the DEFENSIVE team ...we got yuou playing our game with a a short bench and almost one? You gusy need to play A LOT better defense we need to only improve a bit ...no way you win that game at Staples or the first of back2back

Killakobe81
01-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Actually if I were a Spur's fan I'd be worried about their chances more than anything.

Given the circumstances the game should have been an easy win for them. It took two moronic 3pt shooting fouls from Ariza at the end of the buzzer, a Ginobil halfcourt shot, a Roger Mason Jr. incredible 3pt play, and 57% shooting from the field to beat LAL by 1pt.

Exactly!!!

Killakobe81
01-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Another point ..Gasol earlu and Bynum took the ball at your bigs and each had good games Bynum was CALLING for the ball in the post versus Tim Duncan hated his weak rebounding (but you guys didnt miss that many shots) but offensively he showed some of what he had last year ...plus he had no dunks ...all were post moves ...

Allanon
01-15-2009, 01:59 PM
well he ain't no lock down defender like many Laker fans said. At the same time, Bynum is no Wilt Chamberlain like many Laker fans said...

Duncan 20 points on 47% shooting
Bynum 18 points on 60% shooting

I'd say Bynum did a great job on Defense and contested Duncan's shots well. Most of Duncan's points came off Pau, not Bynum.

That was some elite one on one defense last night by Bynum.

Add to the good defensive job on Duncan, Bynum had his own 18 points on 60% shooting. Not bad.

Bynum's help defense was not good but I can live with that if he plays toe to toe with Duncan like last night. Lakers were able to cover Duncan without a double-team/help defender, that's the first time I've seen this in years.

And some other notes

Ariza on Parker is great
The Lakers had an excellent gameplan, but they had poor, poor execution and mental mistakes (Ariza/Fisher mainly)
The lack of another quality big will kill the Spurs in the Playoffs

sook
01-15-2009, 02:14 PM
don't like this thread....Ariza isn't only to blame for it

IronMexican
01-15-2009, 02:24 PM
I'd blame Fish's D and Pau not asking for the ball.

hater
01-15-2009, 02:44 PM

I think both teams should be concerned about their defense.

But once again, when you shoot 57% for the game and still lose, it's gotta hurt and be more worrisome. I mean come on. Good game from Bynum, Gasol looked like Jordan out there, Kobe was definitely in 5th gear, Fisher shooting 100% from 3pt, everyone's shots were going in, the Lakeshow was rolling and still come up empty??? I'd be worried if I were a laker fan

Lakers_55
01-15-2009, 03:48 PM
don't like this thread....Ariza isn't only to blame for it

I made it to grumble about Ariza's dumb plays, to congratulate the Spurs, and to allow whatever discussions that could occur about Trevor, arise. I am sure more things are being said bout the game, but this subdiscussion is what I want to see and read. If Lakers win by one, we have a whole new set of arguments. They didn't. I moved on and am not worried one bit about my team's chances against the Spurs this season. In fact, I am encouraged. Besides, I don't want to see long winning streaks by the Lakers. win 3, lose 1, win 3, lose 1, etc.... That would lead to a 64-18 record and probably HCA for LA throughout the playoffs.