PDA

View Full Version : TD's reaction

Jimcs50
02-28-2005, 09:41 PM
He acted like his shot meant nothing.

He just walked away after the basket. Another day at the office, oh well. :lol

He knows he fucked up and that it should never have gone to that shot. That goal tending was killer, but he made up for it.

Spurs are rusty, since they have only played 3 games in 2 wks, they will get it down by next game.

slayermin
02-28-2005, 09:43 PM
I really like Nazr's reaction. He was really excited and was one of the first guys on the court.

whottt
02-28-2005, 09:44 PM
I think after .04 Duncan has learned not to get too excited over those last second shots.

Jimcs50
02-28-2005, 09:44 PM
I really like Nazr's reaction. He was really excited and was one of the first guys on the court.

Yeah, he was the last guy to have his new team 0-2 when Rose's team was 2-0.

:lol

T Park
02-28-2005, 09:46 PM
^^^ huh.....

Tim's reaction should be a blueprint for alot of athletes.

act like youve been there.

Jimcs50
02-28-2005, 09:49 PM
^^^ huh.....

Tim's reaction should be a blueprint for alot of athletes.

act like youve been there.

TPark, you must be a load of fun at parties. :)

Jimcs50
02-28-2005, 09:51 PM
TPark, that is one time, that you want your player to show some joy, like it mattered...the fans go crazy, they want their players to show the same emotion.

The reason TD did not, is because he knew he fucked up, and he was mad at himself.

He usually will be all excited when he does that.

T Park
02-28-2005, 09:51 PM
??? why, cause I think a player should act like an adult instead of a nimrod?

Jimcs50
02-28-2005, 09:52 PM

Jesus Christ, Tpark, you need to get that stick out of your ass.

exstatic
02-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Possibly the best effect of Nazr tonight: Rasho 4-7 8p/6r/3bl

Interesting numbers:
PG Parker 38 Beno 10 = 48
SG Manu 30 Barry 18 = 48
SF BB 30 Devin 10 = 48
PF TD 32 Horry 16 = 48
C Rasho 32 Nazr 16 = 48

No oddball minutes or 3 SG lineups or any weird shit like that. Strange that it's so "one for one" on the minutes.

T Park
02-28-2005, 09:53 PM
that you want your player to show some joy

run around jumping up and down and what.

Fuck that. You won a ho hum game at the end of february going 6-3 during the month.

Act like youve been there.

exstatic
02-28-2005, 09:54 PM
He knows he fucked up and that it should never have gone to that shot.
I think Jim nailed it. Tim was GOING to make that shot, because he was the one that put them in that situation.

ShoogarBear
02-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Tim shoulda done some pushups after hitting that shot.

T Park
02-28-2005, 09:56 PM
you need to get that stick out of your ass.

Ok,

Show some emotion tim, say FUCK THE WORLD tim, tap your head like Quentin Richardson.

Grab your crotch and flip off the crowd.

There, show some emotion, be a regular athlete.

Jimcs50
02-28-2005, 09:56 PM
I think Jim nailed it. Tim was GOING to make that shot, because he was the one that put them in that situation.

Also ex, he was the one that let Z get that tying layup with 16 secs left...so he was really pissed at himself.

Champions make up for their errors, losers dwell on their mistakes.

Jimcs50
02-28-2005, 09:57 PM
Tim shoulda done some pushups after hitting that shot.

Can he do 5 pushups?

:)

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-28-2005, 09:58 PM
Look, I didn't see the shot (listening in the newsroom), but what's so wrong with pumping your fist or running to your teammates?

Not everybody is seeking crotch-grabbing and flipping off the crwod, T Park, and you know it.

Jimcs50
02-28-2005, 09:58 PM
Ok,

Show some emotion tim, say FUCK THE WORLD tim, tap your head like Quentin Richardson.

Grab your crotch and flip off the crowd.

There, show some emotion, be a regular athlete.

TPark, we already ascertained why TD acted like that. He normally will scream and run back towads the bench...he has done that in every game winner he has hit before.

Sec24Row7
02-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Tim didn't screw up on the 3, it wasn't Goaltending.

It just took a bad bounce.

E20
02-28-2005, 10:01 PM
Anyone have a clip I wanna see it.

Jimcs50
02-28-2005, 10:03 PM
TD hit 9 of his last 10 shots, after starting 0-7....that is bringing it when it matters the most.

He was unstopable.

caŽlo
02-28-2005, 10:03 PM
come on guys... give td a break.

he messed up when he made that tip in..

that failed to stop the cavs on that last play.. (although it was rashos fault coz he left their center wide open)

td was there.. but not really close enough to do anything.

how would u feel if you were td? man even manu choked and missed his 2 free throws!

only thing td could do is to redeem himself by sinking that jumper.

this time.. with no more .04 seconds left! :)

Jimcs50
02-28-2005, 10:04 PM
Tim didn't screw up on the 3, it wasn't Goaltending.

It just took a bad bounce.

no matter, it was his hand that put the ball in the basket, and it was he who left Z alone in the paint for the game tieing basket.

Jimcs50
02-28-2005, 10:05 PM
That was not Rasho on Z, it was TD...go look at replay

ALVAREZ6
02-28-2005, 10:06 PM
Adults don't get excited? Not even one bit?

Shit I don't wanna grow up.

T park, I think hitting a buzzer beater game winning shot is a good excuse to act like a """"""""nimrod"""""""

Slomo
02-28-2005, 10:06 PM
That's also why everybody on the team was so happy when he made the last shot - look at his teamates reactions! It's nice to be a Spurs fan!

Kori Ellis
02-28-2005, 10:07 PM
Rasho's reaction was the funniest. He made me laugh out loud.

Jimcs50
02-28-2005, 10:07 PM
Manu missed 5 of his last 8 FTs, including 3 of last 4...that is horrible

T Park
02-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Well Rasho did come from Minnesota, winning isn't exactly there forte up there in the horrible white north.

td4mvp21
02-28-2005, 10:09 PM
i like how duncan reacted he doesnt need to brag like those losers kg, shaq, etc. he is the best of the best and doesnt need to prove it by bragging. just hit the shot and be happy.

dcole50
02-28-2005, 10:10 PM
td was classy about. it was a road game. celebrate at home.

td4mvp21
^lol So True

ShoogarBear
I missed Rasho's reaction. If anyone finds a legal link, I'd like to see the shot again.

T Park
I like how duncan reacted he doesnt need to brag like those losers kg, shaq, etc. he is the best of the best and doesnt need to prove it by bragging. just hit the shot and be happy.

Exactly.

Very well put.

Slomo
02-28-2005, 10:11 PM
come on guys... give td a break.

he messed up when he made that tip in..

that failed to stop the cavs on that last play.. (although it was rashos fault coz he left their center wide open)

td was there.. but not really close enough to do anything.

how would u feel if you were td? man even manu choked and missed his 2 free throws!

only thing td could do is to redeem himself by sinking that jumper.

this time.. with no more .04 seconds left! :)
Now I've heard it all! I thought when posters were blaming Rasho for Malik's trade that was low, but blaming TD's tip in for the other team on Rasho is a new record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff

missmyzte
02-28-2005, 10:13 PM
Not exactly legal but if anyone wants to see a clip of the video you might check out *cough* my website *cough*.

missmyzte
02-28-2005, 10:13 PM
Rasho's reaction was classic, he went running and threw the towel and was so jazzed.

Jimcs50
02-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Now I've heard it all! I thought when posters were blaming Rasho for Malik's trade that was low, but blaming TD's tip in for the other team on Rasho is a new record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff

He was blaming Rasho on leaving Z open on their last basket, not on the tipin play.

It was TD's fault on both baskets, btw.

NazrM
02-28-2005, 10:15 PM
That was not Rasho on Z, it was TD...go look at replay

Wrong.. Tim was at the top of the Key.

Bowen's man went baseline and was picked... when he went to the 3 and was open, both Rasho and Bowen left the paint to guard, leaving Z wide open.. that was not Tim

Jimcs50
02-28-2005, 10:15 PM
I missed Rasho's reaction. If anyone finds a legal link, I'd like to see the shot again.

ESPN News

Slomo
02-28-2005, 10:16 PM
Rasho's reaction was the funniest. He made me laugh out loud. me too !!! (which is not the smartest thing to do at 4:00 am while everybody else is sleeping :lol)

He was genuinely happy for TD and it speaks volumes about how close knit this team is.

td4mvp21
02-28-2005, 10:17 PM
Exactly.

Very well put.

thanks.

thats what i love about duncan he just quietly proves himself all the time(occasionally hell brag but most of the time hes good about it)

ShoogarBear
02-28-2005, 10:18 PM
Not exactly legal but if anyone wants to see a clip of the video you might check out *cough* my website *cough*.

Um, so if someone--hypothetically--wanted to do this dastardly deed, on what hypothetical link on that web page would they click?

Jimcs50
02-28-2005, 10:19 PM
Um, so if someone--hypothetically--wanted to do this dastardly deed, on what hypothetical link on that web page would they click?

www.shoogisgay.com

Kori Ellis
02-28-2005, 10:20 PM

Just click on her profile and you should be able to figure it out.

SequSpur
02-28-2005, 10:28 PM
If Rasho wasn't such a cunt, Malik would still be here.

ShoogarBear
02-28-2005, 10:30 PM
Just click on her profile and you should be able to figure it out.

Oh, I found the web page. I just can't find the hypothetically naughty stuff.

missmyzte
02-28-2005, 10:31 PM
Oh, I found the web page. I just can't find the hypothetically naughty stuff.

Try looking for Spurs or Duncan, it might be on both hypothetical pages.

ShoogarBear
www.shoogisgay.com

Bad mistake there. See, that web page doesn't exist.

But this one does:
www.jimisgay.com (http://www.jimisgay.com)

SequSpur
TD should've ran down the court skipping and smacking his ass and yellin You just got Served!

Slomo
02-28-2005, 10:33 PM
If Rasho wasn't such a cunt, Malik would still be here.
If you were just a little taller you might see the TV over the coffee table and actually watch a game.

ShoogarBear
02-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Thanks missmytze!

Fortunately, I lip-read Slovenian.

Rasho said: "Tim Duncan! I am so hungry now! I eat your head!"

SequSpur
02-28-2005, 10:38 PM
If you were just a little taller you might see the TV over the coffee table and actually watch a game.

Sup Slomo!

Glad to see you made it back safe.

Did you get tortured for taking pics with Americans? :lol

missmyzte
02-28-2005, 10:39 PM
Thanks missmytze!

Fortunately, I lip-read Slovenian.

Rasho said: "Tim Duncan! I am so hungry now! I eat your head!"

Slomo
02-28-2005, 10:42 PM
Sup Slomo!

Glad to see you made it back safe.

Did you get tortured for taking pics with Americans? :lol :lol

No! But I did get into some hot water for fraternizing with Mouse :)

TDfan2007
03-01-2005, 12:27 AM
Thx for the clip!

I was listening to the game on the radio and I wished that I could see it.

timvp
03-01-2005, 12:37 AM
I watched the replay and I must now say that I'm officially almost on the Rasho Nesterovic bandwagon. All I've asked for him all year is to show some type of emotion or do something that proves he cares about something other than cashing his check every month.

When the shot went in, Rasho acted like he cared. And since that is all I've asked of him, I am now almost prepared to root for him.

:smokin

Solid D
03-01-2005, 12:56 AM
Even at the extreme height of exultation as he rushed the floor, Rasho's smile carried a blue-ish afterglow.

timvp
03-01-2005, 12:57 AM
:lmao

Nice.

Sec24Row7
03-01-2005, 12:58 AM
Though, he can't even celebrate with any coordination...

duncan2k5
03-01-2005, 02:24 AM
Yea it was funny. that was the most emotion ive EVER seen from him. and it was like h was surprised by the shot. he kinda watched it for a fraction of a second, then his mouth opened (i could just picture an animal-like moan coming out) and he ran on the floor with his towel.

mattyc
03-01-2005, 03:23 AM
The way Rasho chucked the towel whilst running was priceless. Strength! :lmao

Great work Timmy.

Useruser666
03-01-2005, 09:22 AM
I thought Tim looked excited after the shot. I mean shit he was swarmed by teammates and jumped all over in about 1 second after the shot.

Slomo
03-01-2005, 09:27 AM
I watched the replay and I must now say that I'm officially almost on the Rasho Nesterovic bandwagon. All I've asked for him all year is to show some type of emotion or do something that proves he cares about something other than cashing his check every month.

When the shot went in, Rasho acted like he cared. And since that is all I've asked of him, I am now almost prepared to root for him.

:smokin Stop teasing everybody on the forum.

You've got a Slovenian flag at home, two bottles of Slovenian booze, guests from Slovenia coming and going...

Admit it you're Rasho's biggest fan! :p

Jimcs50
03-01-2005, 09:31 AM
I thought Tim looked excited after the shot. I mean shit he was swarmed by teammates and jumped all over in about 1 second after the shot.

Sure he was excited, but he just stood there as if he was saying to himself, "Yeah, I screwed up, and now I had to do this, so game over, let's go play Toronto now."

:smokin

vanvannen
03-01-2005, 09:36 AM
I know it's a little late now, but I just watched the video and the move Tony did was just perfect. The way he fakes to shoot and finds Timmy all by himself was plain perfect.!

MosesGuthrie
03-01-2005, 09:38 AM
I think Tim would have reacted that way whether he fucked up or not...that is just Tim.

Jimcs50
03-01-2005, 09:40 AM
I know it's a little late now, but I just watched the video and the move Tony did was just perfect. The way he fakes to shoot and finds Timmy all by himself was plain perfect.!

Yes, that move after TD's pick made Z stay with Parker instead of rotate back to TD, giving TD a wide open look without a Z hand in his face....made the shot almost automatic.

Jimcs50
03-01-2005, 09:41 AM
I think Tim would have reacted that way whether he fucked up or not...that is just Tim.

No way, I have seen TD run screaming back to the bench many times after winning or tying shots, or even huge shots in games....you do not watch much Spurs bball, I gather.

BigVee
03-01-2005, 10:24 AM
After the Malik trade and the loss to Memphis, I think this shot means a lot more than just one win. It was almost like a catharsis for the team. That emotion showed by the players was a result of the past few days....more so than just this game. This is just what the team needed, an emotional outlet on the court. It could not have come at a more perfect time.

Jimcs50
03-01-2005, 10:33 AM
After the Malik trade and the loss to Memphis, I think this shot means a lot more than just one win. It was almost like a catharsis for the team. That emotion showed by the players was a result of the past few days....more so than just this game. This is just what the team needed, an emotional outlet on the court. It could not have come at a more perfect time.

I whole heartedly agree....great point there.

boutons
03-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Even if the tough situation was self-imposed, gettting out of the tough situation for a W gives the team confidence that they can do it.

And you can't obtain that confidence by wishing for it or faking it (like a balla), you really have to succeed on the court to develop that confidence.

The execution on the last play was perfect, unlike the last play vs MEM.

Solid execution by solid execution, qtr by qtr, W by W, the team confidence increases.

tursiops93
03-01-2005, 12:15 PM
I love Timmy's reaction. It was as if to say, "We helped you, gave you a chance and you still can't do it!!!"

johnny00
03-01-2005, 12:30 PM
Shit who cares what his reaction was, he hit a freakin' clutch shot to win a game, I was going nuts!!!!!!!!
Timmy proves who's the man!

MosesGuthrie
03-01-2005, 12:40 PM
you do not watch much Spurs bball, I gather.

I have been watching since 1974 so fuck off you self-righteous piece of shit. Who the fuck do you think you are trying to tell me what kind of Spurs fan I am or how serious of a Spurs fan I am? You don't even fucking know me so where do you get off making some dumbass assumption like that? Go to hell!

Jimcs50
03-01-2005, 12:51 PM
I have been watching since 1974 so fuck off you self-righteous piece of shit. Who the fuck do you think you are trying to tell me what kind of Spurs fan I am or how serious of a Spurs fan I am? You don't even fucking know me so where do you get off making some dumbass assumption like that? Go to hell!

Well, then you have ADD, because you have not paid attention when he has acted the fool before, like normal men with warm blood going through their veins.

BTW, you have some serious anger issues, do you work in the post office?

Please seek some professional help before you hurt someone with that horrible temper of yours, ok?

MosesGuthrie
03-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Oh so because I saw if differently than you did...I am wrong. I have seen when Duncan has become emotional...maybe that was not going to be one of those times. Who knows? My question is, just because I saw it differently than you, why do you feel the need to insult me? My biggest issue is you making an incorrect assumption about my worthiness as a fan. I just don't like people insulting me or calling me out for being less of a fan than anyone else. Who are you to tell me what I am or not? I am as big of a Spurs fan as anyone here. Just because you deem me unworthy, does that make it so?

Solid D
03-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Well, then you have ADD, because you have not paid attention when he has acted the fool before, like normal men with warm blood going through their veins.

BTW, you have some serious anger issues, do you work in the post office?

Please seek some professional help before you hurt someone with that horrible temper of yours, ok?

Jim, you're a DDS. You have to be careful making two diagnoses in things outside the realm of oral and maxillofacial health. :hat

Jimcs50
03-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Oh so because I saw if differently than you did...I am wrong. I have seen when Duncan has become emotional...maybe that was not going to be one of those times. Who knows? My question is, just because I saw it differently than you, why do you feel the need to insult me? My biggest issue is you making an incorrect assumption about my worthiness as a fan. I just don't like people insulting me or calling me out for being less of a fan than anyone else. Who are you to tell me what I am or not? I am as big of a Spurs fan as anyone here. Just because you deem me unworthy, does that make it so?

I was not calling you out.

I made an assumption based on your incorrect statement that TD always reacts that way. That is a falsehood, so it occured to me that you were new to the Spurs because as I said, TD has showed emeotion like a normal human being too many times to count.

I never call out people in here...I do not know you from Adam, si it would be ludicrous and dangerous to call out someone that I have no idea who they are...you might be the real BTK killer for all I know.

Jimcs50
03-01-2005, 01:05 PM
Jim, you're a DDS. You have to be careful making two diagnoses in things outside the realm of oral and maxillofacial health. :hat

Solid, I had a double minor in college in Psychology.

MosesGuthrie
03-01-2005, 01:08 PM
No, the falsehood is what you are attributed to me as far as what I said.

What I said was...

I didn't say he ALWAYS acted any certain way...I gave an opinion on why I thought his reaction was what it was. You did call me out. By saying "you do not watch much Spurs bball, I gather" You assumed that, because I disagreed with you, I was somehow less knowledgable about the Spurs than you or others. That was the other falsehood. I cannot say I am more knowledgable than anyone here but I can safely say I am as knowledgable as those here.

Jimcs50
03-01-2005, 01:15 PM
you do not watch much Spurs bball, I gather.

That is not calling you out, nor is is saying you do not watch Spurs bball, it is saying that you do not watch much Spurs ball, that is not an insult.....jeesh, you are so sensitive.

:angel

MosesGuthrie
03-01-2005, 01:16 PM
So because you say its not calling out...means I have to agree? Its not a matter of being sensitive...its a matter of not appriecating being insulted.

Jimcs50
03-01-2005, 01:57 PM
So because you say its not calling out...means I have to agree? Its not a matter of being sensitive...its a matter of not appriecating being insulted.

That is being insulted????

Asking if you watch a lot of Spurs games???

You live in Pittsburgh, I gather, so it is not out of the realm of possibility that you do not get to watch all the games, unless you have League Pass, which a lot of Spurs fans do not have.

As I said, you have the sensitivity of a woman....so why don't you just go cry at the beautiful sunset and drop the subject, ok?

MosesGuthrie
03-01-2005, 02:01 PM
See another dumbass assumption. I live in San Antonio actually. Born and raised. I just simply did not agree with your opinion and you chose, not to be a man about it, but to revert to high school and insult instead of debate. Sounds like you are the over-sensitive one. You fail to comprehend that people are different. Just because something means one thing to you, doesn't mean that same thing means the same to everybody else. You have a right to your opinion and you have the right to agree or disagree with mine but you do not have the right to insult someone just because you disagree.

sbsquared
03-01-2005, 02:08 PM
Oh behave you two - before you both have to go to time out!

Jimcs50
03-01-2005, 02:09 PM
See another dumbass assumption. I live in San Antonio actually. Born and raised. I just simply did not agree with your opinion and you chose, not to be a man about it, but to revert to high school and insult instead of debate. Sounds like you are the over-sensitive one. You fail to comprehend that people are different. Just because something means one thing to you, doesn't mean that same thing means the same to everybody else. You have a right to your opinion and you have the right to agree or disagree with mine but you do not have the right to insult someone just because you disagree.

I never insulted you...you insulted me when you went ballistic in your retort.

All you had to say was that you do watch Spurs games, and that you have never noticed Td acting the fool in celebrating....that would have been good enough, but no, you have to use the F work like a Neanderthal, roided up freakshow, over a very simple misunderstanding...seriously you need to seek some counseling.

Jimcs50
03-01-2005, 02:11 PM
Oh behave you two - before you both have to go to time out!

Sorry, I am finished with this argument.

MosesGuthrie
03-01-2005, 02:13 PM
No counseling needed here. I was insulted and defended myself. Just because you didn't think it was an insult, doesn't mean I didn't. Doesn't make you wrong or me wrong. We just see it differently. That was the point I was trying to make earlier. What bothers one person may not neccessarily bother another. Doesn't make either person wrong or right, just different in their interpretations. However, I will concede that there was a misunderstanding.

Jimcs50
03-01-2005, 02:15 PM
No counseling needed here. I was insulted and defended myself. Just because you didn't think it was an insult, doesn't mean I didn't. Doesn't make you wrong or me wrong. We just see it differently. That was the point I was trying to make earlier. What bothers one person may not neccessarily bother another. Doesn't make either person wrong or right, just different in their interpretations. However, I will concede that there was a misunderstanding.

Ok, it is forgotten on my part.

We cool?

Jimcs50
03-01-2005, 02:16 PM
BTW, I have been known to react the same way you did, so I might need some counseling too.

MosesGuthrie
03-01-2005, 02:22 PM
Cool. :) At least we are passionate about our team. There are some teams who's fans just don't give a shit.

tekdragon
03-01-2005, 02:44 PM
Jim, Moses said you're smelly!

Moses, Jim said you're dumb!

[I miss GW/MB...can you tell?]

Jimcs50
03-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Jim, Moses said you're smelly!

Moses, Jim said you're dumb!

[I miss GW/MB...can you tell?]

That sunofabitch.....

whottt
03-01-2005, 03:30 PM
I'm disappointed at how quickly that argument ended. It had the potential to be a classic.

Jimcs50
03-01-2005, 03:38 PM
I'm disappointed at how quickly that argument ended. It had the potential to be a classic.

It would never ever come close to your ongoing feud with Chump.

PM5K
03-01-2005, 03:52 PM

LOL

Ballcox
03-01-2005, 05:08 PM
That was some funny shit, you two going out to dinner soon to make up? Damn, did I just insult someone?! :lol :lol :lol

respect the 'fro :fro

Solid D
03-01-2005, 05:32 PM
Okay MosesGuthrie, it's a deal, 25% off on OV and cleanings, 50% off all crowns and root canals plus I'll refill your Ritalin prescription for another year.

Jimcs50
03-01-2005, 05:56 PM

bigbendbruisebrother
03-01-2005, 11:04 PM
His reaction reminded me of what Al Davis always told his players, "When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before."

There is nothing more intimidating than an athlete who thinks that kicking your ass is just no big deal.