PDA

View Full Version : with all due respect, itz time to sign/trade for a Big.

45 bank shot
01-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Just simply take a look at last night's game, Gasol and Bynum scored 39 points on us and points in the paint is 56 to 34 for the Lakers.
I remembered that Jeff Van Gundy said, "the Lakers just simply gave the ball to the big who is not guarded by Duncan to score."
Man this is pathetic, maybe we have a good three point shooting percentage but you can't expect to keep that up in the playoffs, and for the long run, another big would be essential for better performance.

rascal
01-15-2009, 09:49 AM
No doubt.
Don't let the 1 point win cloud perspective. The spurs need some help in the front court if they expect to make it far in the playoffs.

Agloco
01-15-2009, 09:50 AM
We know this. Top needs are a solid big man and a long 3 who can defend the perimeter.

The problem the Spurs have is that just about every other team in the league is in the same boat.

Ocotillo
01-15-2009, 09:52 AM
^^ True, there are nights when the 3-pointers don't fall.

I don't know who we can get without giving up a significant piece of this team. Probably our best hope is that Oberto and Mahinmi get healthy and we can run Bonner/Oberto/Mahinmi/Thomas at teams. That's 24 fouls if you need them and they are all different types of bigs giving you the flexibility for match ups.

If Mahinmi doesn't pan out (this season) we will probably have a good run and eventually succomb to some team with two quality bigs.

Zarko's Ghost
01-15-2009, 09:56 AM
This works on ESPN trade machine.

To San Antonio:
Rasheed Wallace

To Detroit:
Bruce Bowen
Matt Bonner
Fabricio Oberto
Ime Udoka
Rights to Tiago Splitter
1st Round Pick
Cash Considerations

Bonner is the only one who is playing any significant minutes. Maybe Detroit could waive Bowen and he could return. Detroit likley would want more useful pieces, but Sheed is in the last year of his contract and is not in their long term plans. Portland could probably put together a much better package, but Sheed wouldn't be in their longterm plans either. Dallas, Cleveland, Boston, maybe, but not substantially better than what we could offer.
If the Clippers would part with Camby for a similar package, I would do it.

As good as Splitter may be, we need to take full advantage of Tim's final years.

honestfool84
01-15-2009, 09:57 AM

To San Antonio:
Rasheed Wallace

To Detroit:
Bruce Bowen
Matt Bonner
Fabricio Oberto
Ime Udoka
Rights to Tiago Splitter
1st Round Pick
Cash Considerations

Bonner is the only one who is playing any significant minutes. Maybe Detroit could waive Bowen and he could return. Detroit likley would want more useful pieces, but Sheed is in the last year of his contract and is not in their long term plans. Portland could probably put together a much better package, but Sheed wouldn't be in their longterm plans either. Dallas, Cleveland, Boston, maybe, but not substantially better than what we could offer.
If the Clippers would part with Camby for a similar package, I would do it.

As good as Splitter may be, we need to take full advantage of Tim's final years.

you're joking, right?

Just simply take a look at last night's game, Gasol and Bynum scored 39 points on us and points in the paint is 56 to 34 for the Lakers.
I remembered that Jeff Van Gundy said, "the Lakers just simply gave the ball to the big who is not guarded by Duncan to score."
Man this is pathetic, maybe we have a good three point shooting percentage but you can't expect to keep that up in the playoffs, and for the long run, another big would be essential for better performance.

itz hard 2 take you seriously when you spell "it's" with a z in the title.

honestfool84
01-15-2009, 09:58 AM
but we do need a better big, no doubt.

mrspurs
01-15-2009, 10:15 AM
We've been getting killed in the paint for 3 years now. And we're still in the games. All the decent Bigs are taken. Looks like we're gonna live and die from beyond the arc. And it doesnt matter how bad we lose under the paint. Not as long as we keep winning games.

EricB
01-15-2009, 10:19 AM
I'm still waiting for the name of this magical bigman....

Please, hold the Joe Smith references....

Capt Bringdown
01-15-2009, 10:27 AM
The problem the Spurs have is that just about every other team in the league is in the same boat.

Except the Lakers - Gasol "donation" be damned.

Indazone
01-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Big doesn't always win. Big and slow is even worse. So if ya look, the guards of the Spurs kill the Lakers backcourt. Their frontcourt kills yours so you're even. Getting Oberto back healthy to play alongside Tim Duncan would be huge in the playoffs.

EricB
01-15-2009, 10:32 AM
I think oberto could hang a bit with bynum. Obertos craftyness would piss off bynum.

venitian navigator
01-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Diop in not plaiyng for Dallas...if they gave up on him I think he could take the things we need. The point is just if we have something to give...
Among free agents I don't see anybody (I thought Sims, but evidently ther's some concern about him...otherwise, with his numbers, somebody would have already jumped on him...).

SenorSpur
01-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Diop in not plaiyng for Dallas...if they gave up on him I think he could take the things we need. The point is just if we have something to give...
Among free agents I don't see anybody (I thought Sims, but evidently ther's some concern about him...otherwise, with his numbers, somebody would have already jumped on him...).

That's because he hasn't been productive in the minutes that he's played. Diop has clearly regressed since that epic Spurs/Mavs WCSF of 2006. Back then, he was a shot-swatting, paint-protecting, rebounding, fool for the Mavs

spurspokesman
01-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Good post. People are saying kurt thomas was a stud last night. Calling my post dumb about kurt. I guess because we won it makes our bigs look good

arodz
01-15-2009, 11:32 AM

To San Antonio:
Rasheed Wallace

To Detroit:
Bruce Bowen
Matt Bonner
Fabricio Oberto
Ime Udoka
Rights to Tiago Splitter
1st Round Pick
Cash Considerations

Hey while we're at it, why not trade Manu, Tony and Mason for Lebron. :nope

venitian navigator
01-15-2009, 11:36 AM
I just think that in a back up role is very difficult to shine...you're right he's regressed a bit but also, imho, because of lack of plaiyng time in favor of Dampier, Bass and other men. fact is he can't play with Dampier and they decided not to play him enough when Dampier is out.
Anyway, apart al of theswe considerations, I think that a good rule is to buy low...with high expectations.
In this moment, his market value is historically low...and I see no way Carlisle is gonna improve his plaiyng time...so that could be an ideal situation to make a try...

His size, ability to defend and, most of all, to run the floor, are assets that I see absolutely ideal for our team...

loveforthegame
01-15-2009, 12:01 PM
This headline is on hoopshype but I can't find the article inside. It's probably nothing but does anyone know what it says?

Spurs acquiring a quality player before the February trade deadline?

EricB
01-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Good post. People are saying kurt thomas was a stud last night. Calling my post dumb about kurt. I guess because we won it makes our bigs look good

It's because he was a stud not cause they won. Good lord......

Shastafarian
01-15-2009, 12:14 PM

Do you realize Duncan was on Gasol and Bynum for a lot of those made baskets? KT has played very well for the time he has been given.

InK
01-15-2009, 12:45 PM

To San Antonio:
Rasheed Wallace

To Detroit:
Bruce Bowen
Matt Bonner
Fabricio Oberto
Ime Udoka
Rights to Tiago Splitter
1st Round Pick
Cash Considerations

L O L

xtremesteven33
01-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Spurs will sign another Big.

I get the feeling Joe Smith will be coming.

urunobili
01-15-2009, 01:17 PM
if only Thiago would have decided differently... :depressed

SpurSupremacist
01-15-2009, 01:19 PM
People need to start looking at Duncan and criticizing him when he has a bad defensive game. I actually thought Bonner played better defense than Duncan last night. Held his ground a lot better. Of course Duncan was better on the glass, but Bonner was stronger around the bucket.

superbigtime
01-15-2009, 01:20 PM
I would rather have Chris Wilcox than Joe Smith.

EricB
01-15-2009, 01:20 PM
if only Thiago would have decided differently... :depressed

Agreed. That decision has really bit the Spurs in the ass.

Its a shame he didn't come cause as good as he is, damn, with Tiago and the way Hill and Mason are playing....

This Spurs team would be unbeatable.

EricB
01-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Spurs will sign another Big.

I get the feeling Joe Smith will be coming.

God wheres the puke icon...

xtremesteven33
01-15-2009, 01:26 PM
God wheres the puke icon...

Joe Smith is good. Hes smart and tough. Hes a good rebounder and can knock down 17 footers.

hes a bit skinny and and a little bit older but i can see him playing good D on Gasol if he plays smart.

m33p0
01-15-2009, 01:28 PM

To San Antonio:
Rasheed Wallace

To Detroit:
Bruce Bowen
Matt Bonner
Fabricio Oberto
Ime Udoka
Rights to Tiago Splitter
1st Round Pick
Cash Considerations

WTF?

beachwood
01-15-2009, 02:37 PM
I have finally come around and now agree with this. We need a big if we're going to win this thing.

DROB4EVER
01-15-2009, 02:43 PM
This is our #1 problem, we must add a shot blocker who will allow our back court to press and funnel the ball into our bigs. This would make our D top 5 again and would make us a true contender!

ChumpDumper
01-15-2009, 02:48 PM
With all due respect, this isn't a new idea or thread topic.

Allanon
01-15-2009, 02:54 PM
I don't know if you guys saw the same game as I did but:

KT was not able to guard Bynum. At one point the Lakers kept trying to exploit KT so Pop had to bring Duncan back.

Bonner was decent, but then again, he didn't have to guard Bynum...he spent most of the time on Pau and Odom which he did a passable job of in the painted area.

But this weakness is why Duncan had to play 38 minutes last night.

The shots just kept on falling for the Spurs last night so they won. But on a slightly worse shooting night the outcome might have been different. It will be hard to win a championship on jumpshots, the Spurs need another Big.

xtremesteven33
01-15-2009, 02:58 PM
I don't know if you guys saw the same game as I did but:

KT was not able to guard Bynum. At one point the Lakers kept trying to exploit KT so Pop had to bring Duncan back.

Bonner was decent, but then again, he didn't have to guard Bynum...he spent most of the time on Pau and Odom which he did a passable job of in the painted area.

You guys notice Duncan had to play close to 40 minutes last night?

The shots just kept on falling for the Spurs last night so they won. But on a slightly worse shooting night the outcome might have been different. It will be hard to win a championship on jumpshots, the Spurs need another Big.

We all know last night wasnt typical spurs basketball. It was a shootout. Last year we relied on our defense to beat the Lakers. This year it looks like we can fight both ways.

But i still think our defense can be as good as ever once Bowen and Oberto are back in the lineup.

Creation88
01-15-2009, 02:58 PM

To San Antonio:
Rasheed Wallace

To Detroit:
Bruce Bowen
Matt Bonner
Fabricio Oberto
Ime Udoka
Rights to Tiago Splitter
1st Round Pick
Cash Considerations

i honestly think they should bring back segregation. not for blacks and whites but for smart people and stupid people.

so we smart people could bypass stupid fucks like this guy holding up the self check-out line at HEB because he doesn't know the code # for avocados.

Tully365
01-15-2009, 03:06 PM
I have to agree... I'm very happy that the Spurs won, but I think Pop is being honest when he says that the Lakers are the best team in the west right now. The Spurs shot 57% from the field, 50% from the 3 pt line, and took 10 more free throws, and still only won by one point at home. I don't think it's realistic to expect these kinds of shooting percentages regularly over the course of a playoff series. If Mahinmi isn't able to come in this season at all and Oberto doesn't return to form, I feel that the Spurs may be one big man short of a title.

ClingingMars
01-15-2009, 03:09 PM
sign Horry.

-Mars

I Love Me Some Me
01-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Spurs get Camby

Send LAC
Ime Udoka
Jauque Vaughn
Fabricio Oberto
Robert Horry (sign and trade to about 3-4 million per)
the right's to Tiago Splitter
Cash to cover Horry's salary

ChumpDumper
01-15-2009, 03:21 PM
But this weakness is why Duncan had to play 38 minutes last night.Seriously, are we really worried about Duncan's having to play 38 minutes in the biggest game of the regular season to date?

barbacoataco
01-15-2009, 03:22 PM
I don't see any big available who could help the Spurs. Also, the Spurs system is difficult to learn and even if they found someone it is doubtful they could integrate quick enough for a playoff run. The best chance is that Thomas continues to regain his form and Oberto gets healthy enough to contribute. As said before, the Spurs backcourt is really good, so they just need the frontcourt to hold their own. Duncan, Thomas, Bonner and Oberto looks like the frontcourt. I think Thomas could have a nice playoff run and play an important role on defense. As long as their defense holds up the frontcourt doesn't need to score a lot of points outside of Duncan.

iggypop123
01-15-2009, 03:37 PM
We all know last night wasnt typical spurs basketball. It was a shootout. Last year we relied on our defense to beat the Lakers. This year it looks like we can fight both ways.

But i still think our defense can be as good as ever once Bowen and Oberto are back in the lineup.

they are healthy. at least bowen is. he could have played. i think pop doesnt want him in there anymore

ChumpDumper
01-15-2009, 03:40 PM
they are healthy. at least bowen is. he could have played. i think pop doesnt want him in there anymoreYes, newbie lakerfan is the authority on Pop's methods and thinking.

EricB
01-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Joe Smith is good. Hes smart and tough. Hes a good rebounder and can knock down 17 footers.

hes a bit skinny and and a little bit older but i can see him playing good D on Gasol if he plays smart.

When the hell did Joe Smith become tough and a good rebounder :lmao

EricB
01-15-2009, 03:49 PM
I have to agree... I'm very happy that the Spurs won, but I think Pop is being honest when he says that the Lakers are the best team in the west right now. The Spurs shot 57% from the field, 50% from the 3 pt line, and took 10 more free throws, and still only won by one point at home. I don't think it's realistic to expect these kinds of shooting percentages regularly over the course of a playoff series. If Mahinmi isn't able to come in this season at all and Oberto doesn't return to form, I feel that the Spurs may be one big man short of a title.

Yeah because Josh Powell is gonna shoot like that, and Duncan's defense agains Gasol will be the same as well......

xtremesteven33
01-15-2009, 03:52 PM
When the hell did Joe Smith become tough and a good rebounder :lmao

1 thru 10 i give him a 6 on the rebounding scale.

hes a good rebounder. not great but good.

SenorSpur
01-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Just received the latest issue of ESPN the Mag (1/26). In the NBA Insider section, there is a piece called "Odd Man In", where they discuss how most fans and pundits believe the Spurs are destined to resume their "every-other-year" title run. Yet it is the Spurs themselves, who feel as though they are "one piece away" in their quest for another title. That missing piece is described as a versatile power forward (aka the 2nd coming of Robert Horry), who can spread the floor, yet guard agile 4-men on the other end. Bonner fits the first requirement, but not the second.

The article goes on to discuss some possible midseason intrigue, between Spurs and OKC Thunder. The Thunder have two bigs reported to be on the trading block, Joe Smith and Nick Collison. While either one would fit, a Spurs team source is quoted as saying that Collison "would be perfect".

In case anyone is wondering about the salaries for both players, here it is:
Nick Collison $6,250,000 (1 season left)
Joe Smith $4,795,000 (final year)

Which one would you want?

SenorSpur
01-15-2009, 04:29 PM

Doesn't mind doing dirty work either. The only knock on him is that he's a bit injury prone.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2009, 04:46 PM
The article goes on to discuss some possible midseason intrigue, between Spurs and OKC Thunder. The Thunder have two bigs reported to be on the trading block, Joe Smith and Nick Collison. While either one would fit, a Spurs team source is quoted as saying that Collison would be perfect.

Which one would you want?Collison, but don't give up any more first rounders.

EricB
01-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Just received the latest issue of ESPN the Mag (1/26). In the NBA Insider section, there is a piece called "Odd Man In", where they discuss how most fans and pundits believe the Spurs are destined to resume their "every-other-year" title run. Yet it is the Spurs themselves, who feel as though they are "one piece away" in their quest for another title. That missing piece is described as a versatile power forward (aka the 2nd coming of Robert Horry), who can spread the floor, yet guard agile 4-men on the other end. Bonner fits the first requirement, but not the second.

The article goes on to discuss some possible midseason intrigue, between Spurs and OKC Thunder. The Thunder have two bigs reported to be on the trading block, Joe Smith and Nick Collison. While either one would fit, a Spurs team source is quoted as saying that Collison "would be perfect".

Which one would you want?

By far and away Nick Collison.

Nick Collison is a preety decent player IMO can hold his own defensively from time to time.

Joe Smith is a joke.

DrHouse
Seriously, are we really worried about Duncan's having to play 38 minutes in the biggest game of the regular season to date?

I thought the Spurs didn't try in January? Oh wait that's only when they lose.

EricB
BTW, Collison fits into the 2010 plan as well.....

ChumpDumper
01-15-2009, 04:50 PM
I thought the Spurs didn't try in January? Oh wait that's only when they lose.What can I say?

You're wrong and kinda stupid.

Bruno
01-15-2009, 04:53 PM
BTW, Collison fits into the 2010 plan as well.....

No, he doesn't.
His contract ends in 2011.

DrHouse
01-15-2009, 04:57 PM
What can I say?

You're wrong and kinda stupid.

:lmao. You know I'm right.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2009, 04:58 PM
:lmao. You know I'm right.Nah, they try. They do things a bit differently during the regular season, but they do try.

EricB
01-15-2009, 05:02 PM
No, he doesn't.
His contract ends in 2011.

Then why does it say he has 1 year left on his contract?

Bruno
01-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Then why does it say he has 1 year left on his contract?

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/thunder.jsp

ChumpDumper
01-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Then why does it say he has 1 year left on his contract?Because someone's source is wrong.

EricB
01-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Because someone's source is wrong.

Blame Senorspur :lol

I think he posted an ESPN article or whatever.

SenorSpur
01-15-2009, 05:14 PM
My bad guys. I stand corrected. His contract does indeed end in 2011.

http://www.sportscity.com/NBA/Oklahoma-Thunder-Salaries

Guess that rules him out.

Brazil
01-15-2009, 06:52 PM
No doubt an additional decent big wouldn't hurt the spurs but what is quite amazing is even with this lack of big the spurs weren't outrebounded by the lakers: 32 / 31 including 7 off rebounds vs. 8 for the lakers. How do you guys explain this pecular stat when we got destroyed on the points near the rim ?

mogrovejo
01-15-2009, 07:08 PM
No doubt an additional decent big wouldn't hurt the spurs but what is quite amazing is even with this lack of big the spurs weren't outrebounded by the lakers: 32 / 31 including 7 off rebounds vs. 8 for the lakers. How do you guys explain this pecular stat when we got destroyed on the points near the rim ?

The Spurs and the C's are the best rebounding teams in the league (defensively). The Lakers are the 15th, a middle-of-the-pack team.

Rebounding the defensive glass is a lot about hard work, finding the man and boxing out, make a good use of the smalls and sacrifice some transition game.

The Spurs problem is that they don't have OR - unlike the Lakers, the Celts or the Cavs, or the best rebounding team overall, the Bucks. They did well versus a Lakers team that it's not that good protecting the board - too many people running to play the transition, some guards who don't rebound, too many guys who pursuit the ball instead of boxing out.

Points in the paint allowed are correlated with the quality of the interior defence (or not, it can be that the perimeter defense is so porous that the bigs can only do so much), not with the rebounding. I think that with Oberto the Spurs will be fine. The C's are the club that most definitely needs another big with size and length.

daslicer
01-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Collision would be a nice addition. I still have memories in '05 of him giving out hard fouls on Manu,Duncan,Parker. He definitely is not scared to diss out pain and can get rebounds.

HarlemHeat37
01-15-2009, 07:18 PM
somebody answer this..

does anybody expect the Lakers bigs to play better than they did last night? I certainly don't..Andrew Bynum isn't good enough to consistently put up 19 points on 5-9 shooting..his low rebounding isn't anything new..he's an above average player, not a good player..Gasol put up 21 points on 10-14 shooting, which is expected, since he's a great player..but he usually struggles vs. Duncan..either way, there's no way they play better than they did last night..

shit, even Josh Powell scored 6 points in the 4th..

the rebounds were tied at 32..

there's no way the Lakers bigs play better than that IMO..

we ranked 3rd in the NBA last year in interior points allowed, with Oberto-Duncan as the starters..we're 12th right now, and rising..there's no way we don't get in the top 8 by the end of the season..the Spurs D under Pop and Duncan has gotten better after the rodeo trip every season..

Brazil
01-15-2009, 07:21 PM
The Spurs and the C's are the best rebounding teams in the league (defensively). The Lakers are the 15th, a middle-of-the-pack team.

Rebounding the defensive glass is a lot about hard work, finding the man and boxing out, make a good use of the smalls and sacrifice some transition game.

The Spurs problem is that they don't have OR - unlike the Lakers, the Celts or the Cavs, or the best rebounding team overall, the Bucks. They did well versus a Lakers team that it's not that good protecting the board - too many people running to play the transition, some guards who don't rebound, too many guys who pursuit the ball instead of boxing out.

Points in the paint allowed are correlated with the quality of the interior defence (or not, it can be that the perimeter defense is so porous that the bigs can only do so much), not with the rebounding. I think that with Oberto the Spurs will be fine. The C's are the club that most definitely needs another big with size and length.

Thanks for sharing your thought, nice reading. I'm pretty sure the spurs could survive without the famous needed big.

Allanon
01-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Seriously, are we really worried about Duncan's having to play 38 minutes in the biggest game of the regular season to date?

It's a bit much for a regular season game with all players healthy considering the Laker Bigs still scored 55 points to the Spurs 34. Even with that many minutes by Duncan, there was a large point disparity in the frontlines.

Also, if it takes 38 minutes from Duncan to advance in the Playoffs, he may be a bit worn by the time they reach the WCF.

The Lakers lost this game due to the excellent perimeter play of the Spurs, I just don't know if the Spurs can shoot this hot from the outside in 3 seven game series.

Thompson
01-15-2009, 07:55 PM
I posted this in another thread, but it's related to this thread also.

The Clippers have a glut of big men and are going nowhere, and it has been mentioned before they'd like to get rid of one of them. If they get desperate enough just to dump salary, they might go for something like this.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=83~2805~874~125&teams=12~12~12~24&te=&cash=

We might throw in a 2nd rounder and maybe even some cash to help buy Bowen out; Bowen could then return to S.A., hopefully, on a contract ending in time for 2010. Oberto's contract has a team option on it this summer, I think, and Vaughn's ends after this season. L.A. would have a lot of cap room for this offseason.

Here's another trade I might consider, but probably only if the Spurs can't bring Splitter over this summer or next.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=866~3233~3416&teams=22~22~24&te=&cash=

This would get us the long SF we've been wanting, and Portland as a younger team can afford to wait on Splitter; he might be especially useful to them, as they are going to have trouble paying all of their talented young players (especially after Miles plays another game) in the coming years. In addition to a good, cheap big man, they get their veteran Udoka back, whom they seemed to like (just not enough to match the huge bluff offer his agent said he had).

Yorae
01-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Is Biedrins good enough? Will warriors let him go?

Rogue
01-15-2009, 08:18 PM
I have suggested the spurs do some big trade to upgrade their rebounding and paint defense, but they just take my suggestions as kind of poison. I really want the spurs to become a little bit better though I am a huge mavs fan, but the spurs fans just believe hardly that I did that on purpose to harm spurs.

I suggested that the spurs trade Tim Duncan for dampire and stackhouse and some picks and some cash. Tim is pretty good but he is more of a PF than a C, never to mention bonner who is more of a SF. Dampire is not as good as he was but still able to add some toughness to spurs paint that is pretty soft.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=181~802~215&teams=24~24~6&te=&cash=24:6

SA210
01-15-2009, 08:34 PM
People need to start looking at Duncan and criticizing him when he has a bad defensive game. I actually thought Bonner played better defense than Duncan last night. Held his ground a lot better. Of course Duncan was better on the glass, but Bonner was stronger around the bucket.

Ditty
01-15-2009, 08:34 PM
marcus camby for a second round draft pick

xtremesteven33
01-15-2009, 08:57 PM
I have suggested the spurs do some big trade to upgrade their rebounding and paint defense, but they just take my suggestions as kind of poison. I really want the spurs to become a little bit better though I am a huge mavs fan, but the spurs fans just believe hardly that I did that on purpose to harm spurs.

I suggested that the spurs trade Tim Duncan for dampire and stackhouse and some picks and some cash. Tim is pretty good but he is more of a PF than a C, never to mention bonner who is more of a SF. Dampire is not as good as he was but still able to add some toughness to spurs paint that is pretty soft.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=181~802~215&teams=24~24~6&te=&cash=24:6

are u serious?

ChumpDumper
01-15-2009, 09:24 PM
I don't accept trade proposals from people who can't spell the names of their own team's players.

DROB4EVER
01-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Couple guys I would like to see in a spurs uni...Mikki Moore, good team guy, runs well has a good jump shot, plays hard and is a long body and good rebounder. Sac is going young so they may be willing to dump him for some trash.

Channing Frye...Not gonna be in Portlands long term plans, and isnt doing much for them, hes a solid high-low player with long arms who could help out now and could be a role player for years to come.

Turiauf......Don Nelson is wasting this guys talent. He plays 17 mpg and is avg over 2 blocks a game. A energy guy who is a good defender and at 4.5 mil pr year hes a steal!

Amuseddaysleeper
01-15-2009, 11:11 PM
Is it possible for the Spurs to land theo ratliff or is he not going anywhere from philly?