PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Telecast

arodz
01-15-2009, 11:38 AM
For God's Sakes, can they get ANYONE else to do the call of their games? Van Gundy and Mark Jackson kept rambling on and on and on about other bullshit during the most exciting game of the year. Great shot after great shot and they going on about shit like hunting???? :bang

DarrinS
01-15-2009, 11:48 AM
For God's Sakes, can they get ANYONE else to do the call of their games? Van Gundy and Mark Jackson kept rambling on and on and on about other bullshit during the most exciting game of the year. Great shot after great shot and they going on about shit like hunting???? :bang

I take it you don't live in San Antonio?

urunobili
01-15-2009, 11:51 AM
and in addition... who cares that JVG got outraced by the commentator girl in the mountain at the Spurs training facilities...

arodz
01-15-2009, 11:53 AM
I take it you don't live in San Antonio?

My whole life dude

z0sa
01-15-2009, 11:55 AM
My whole life dude

You have or haven't?

He asks because the game was on KENS5 as well (I think, I was @ the game :toast)

TDMVPDPOY
01-15-2009, 12:03 PM
if you want substance commentary come onto this site and head into the live-chat section, where anything goes...... :D

pawe
01-15-2009, 12:04 PM
In other news, SAS just bitchslapped Skip Bayless this morning on ESPN first take. They were talking about the Spurs-Lakers when the conversation went to the Hornets beating the Spurs in the playoffs. Skip (former Spurs lover) said his team the Hornets are going to beat SA, Smith then with his usual loud mouth asked him how the heck will that happen when New Orleans didnt even survive last year against the Spurs with an injured Ginobili. Poor Bayless, you should've stuck with the Spurs.

Crookshanks
01-15-2009, 12:05 PM
I live in Arlington, so I had no choice but to watch ESPN; and it was painful!!! They were pretty complimentary about Manu, but the Kobe worship was awful.

I actually thought them showing JVG getting beat by the girl was pretty funny - and at least it stopped the Kobe worship for a short time!

But the best part was when they were so giddy about Kobe bringing the Lakers back from the 11-point deficit and then they were almost speechless with shock when Mason won the game for the Spurs! I mean - they were so high and happy when Kobe hit that 3 pointer. Then when Mason hit that freethrow to take the lead they got kinda quiet. But they still thought Kobe would save the day. When he passed to Ariza and he traveled - and lost the game for the Lakers - well, all they could say was game over, the Spurs win - like it was the end of the world! It was priceless!!

Phenomanul
01-15-2009, 12:07 PM
I live in Arlington, so I had no choice but to watch ESPN; and it was painful!!! They were pretty complimentary about Manu, but the Kobe worship was awful.

I actually thought them showing JVG getting beat by the girl was pretty funny - and at least it stopped the Kobe worship for a short time!

But the best part was when they were so giddy about Kobe bringing the Lakers back from the 11-point deficit and then they were almost speechless with shock when Mason won the game for the Spurs! I mean - they were so high and happy when Kobe hit that 3 pointer. Then when Mason hit that freethrow to take the lead they got kinda quiet. But they still thought Kobe would save the day. When he passed to Ariza and he traveled - and lost the game for the Lakers - well, all they could say was game over, the Spurs win - like it was the end of the world! It was priceless!!

Actually Mark Jackson kept rambling on about how it should have been called a foul.

EricB
01-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Van gundy breem and jackson is a fantastic trio. They were giving the spurs all sorts of love.

hater
01-15-2009, 12:20 PM
fuck them. I had to turn the audio off in the 2nd quarter. They talked about who is better, Lebron or Kobe for about 15 straight minutes. no bullshit. that is just retarded

arodz
01-15-2009, 12:20 PM
You have or haven't?

He asks because the game was on KENS5 as well (I think, I was @ the game :toast)

I'm San Antonio born and bread. Never left, never will. If it was KENS, that's news to me.

arodz
01-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Van gundy breem and jackson is a fantastic trio. They were giving the spurs all sorts of love.

Actuall it wasn't Mike Breem. It was Mike Tirico.

MeIII
01-15-2009, 12:25 PM
They just talk about the same things over and over each game.

Wow, hai guys. Did you know that Matt Bonner doesn't look at Pop after every shot now. He quit doing it months ago, and guess what guys, he still doesn't do it.

KOBE KOBE KOBE KOBE KOBE KOBE KOBE....

Shastafarian
01-15-2009, 12:26 PM
Breen

Big P
01-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Hit "Mute" then tune to WOAI 1200 AM, if you can pick up the SOTEX Blowtorch.

Does WOAI stream the radio call online? Could be another option it they do.

jag
01-15-2009, 01:05 PM
JVG's commentary is hilarious and entertaining...

I have nothing positive to say about Jackson.

Crookshanks
01-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Hit "Mute" then tune to WOAI 1200 AM, if you can pick up the SOTEX Blowtorch.

Does WOAI stream the radio call online? Could be another option it they do.
I've tried that - but there's usually a few second delay between the radio and tv and that can get VERY annoying. You hear Bill Schoening say "and that's a Manu tres!", while on the tv they're still at half court!!! :lol

Dex
01-15-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm San Antonio born and bread. Never left, never will. If it was KENS, that's news to me.

Yeah, it was locally broadcast last night, even up here in Austin. You might double check next time Spurs get the national ticket.

I'll take Bill Land and Sean Elliott over the hype-machine ESPN any day.

Bender
01-15-2009, 01:16 PM
I'd say about half the games I watch on TV, I have the sound off