PDA

View Full Version : Baseline Bums...

PeterBurns
01-15-2009, 12:43 PM
Any of them post here?

tonylongoriafan
01-15-2009, 05:18 PM
no offense (it's in the geneva convention)...but they're probably all too old to work a computer.

although out of about 150 old people, at least 1 of them should be around here

Kori Ellis
01-15-2009, 05:19 PM
A big group of the Bums are in their 20's/30's.

Some of them lurk here and post rarely, including Jerry - the guy who does the heckle.

tonylongoriafan
01-15-2009, 05:47 PM
A big group of the Bums are in their 20's/30's.

Some of them lurk here and post rarely, including Jerry - the guy who does the heckle.

:p:

but the other day i tried to count them and i estimated 150, at the very most...but seriously, how many of them are there? i looked at joining them a while back, but to be honest, i don't like where they sit...now if they truely on the baseline, that maybe a different story (and yes i under the charter pricing/demand/and other reasons why they sit where they sit)

i repsect what they do for the community and the legacy they represent, but aren't these folks a longway from what the original hardcore bums were all about? just a question, again, no disrepect, but there are rowdy people who seem more into the game in the upper level.

Ditty
01-15-2009, 08:38 PM
me and my friends are thinking about making the new baseline bums but like paint ourselves and stand the whole game ha

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
01-15-2009, 10:11 PM
Fuck The Bums! They Think They're To Good! I Asked One Day How U Become A Bum, N They Said U Need To Meet The Criteria! They Acted Like U Had To Be Some Kind Of Rich Man Or Sum. Man Fuck The Bums!!!!!!!!! The Ole Bums R The Real Deal Not A Bunch Of Pussy's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tonylongoriafan
01-15-2009, 10:19 PM
me and my friends are thinking about making the new baseline bums but like paint ourselves and stand the whole game ha

i always tell people to fuck off when they ask me to sit down...i cannot stand fans who suck.

braeden0613
01-15-2009, 10:20 PM
Fuck The Bums! They Think They're To Good! I Asked One Day How U Become A Bum, N They Said U Need To Meet The Criteria! They Acted Like U Had To Be Some Kind Of Rich Man Or Sum. Man Fuck The Bums!!!!!!!!! The Ole Bums R The Real Deal Not A Bunch Of Pussy's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Never has more wisdom come from one source :lol

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
01-15-2009, 10:22 PM
Thanx Man!!!!!!

braeden0613
01-15-2009, 10:25 PM
I do rag on the bums alot, but they do a get a few chants started every once and awhile. It just seems like they need to get a younger, louder crowd to join up.

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 10:25 PM

I'm curious what the criteria is now. In the 80s, it was to ride the other team, wear Spurs gear, get rowdy at games, and work maybe an hour at a gate passing out jerseys, posters, etc. out whenever there was a giveaway.

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
01-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Yah Don No But They Acted Like I Was Some Kind Of Loser. Fuck Them!!!!!!!!!!!! I Don Think They Do The Ole School Style.

SequSpur
01-16-2009, 01:11 AM
Librarian > Baseline Bums

Ditty
01-16-2009, 01:24 AM
there pretty loud i dont know if any of yall have been to a road game when they go to houston but there loud

ploto
01-16-2009, 09:42 AM
The Baseline Bums have a limited number of vacancies and are currently accepting membership applications for the 2008-2009 Spurs Season. In addition to the application, those interested will be interviewed by Bum membership committee members to ensure they understand what the requirements are and review Bum benefits. The Bum's are looking for die-hard Spurs fans who are willing to donate 25 hours of Spurs designated volunteer work in lieu of significantly discounted season tickets, pay $30 annual membership dues, sell raffle tickets and support the Spurs in an enthusiastic, positive manner.

If you'd like more information on the Baseline Bums or would like to apply for membership, please visit www.baselinebums.org, email [email protected] or call the Bum hotline at (210) 444-5896.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/features/baseline_bums_080813.html

my2sons
01-16-2009, 09:59 AM
I was a bum in the arena and the alamodome, but couldn't take the arrogance of the fatman anymore.

mrspurs
01-16-2009, 10:30 AM

Welcome to my ignore list. I wouldnt have such a long list if there was a moderator around here.

mrspurs
01-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Anyone whos ever traveled to other citys. Including citys in Texas. Will easily tell you San Antonioians for whatever reason thinks they're to good for anyone. I love this city, but some of the people mostly women have such bad attitudes towards anything. And people wonder why we lead the nation with so many Fat people? If yall had any idea of how many seats have to be fixed at the AT&T, because someones behind barley fits into it. You would be amazed.

JudynTX
01-16-2009, 10:45 AM
They need to install microphones in the BB's section, otherwise I can't ever hear them.

They aren't what they used to be, back in the Hemisphere Arena.

JWest596
01-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Organizational and scheduled fandom with criteria, membership rules and hierarchy is just marketing and the new BB seems to be the Spur's recognized Boy/Girl Scout service extension. Nothing wrong with it. The modern day version of a team's "homeowner's association" running around watching each other and their actions rather than the game..

The old Bums were rowdy, spontaneous, devoted and motivated by their own joined loyalty and open fearlessness. Their legacy of actions speaks for itself. Teams used to hate them and many have said so. I doubt a team today if asked would know who they are. They are past.

The new Baseline Bums are not the old Baseline Bums. Never will be.

dbestpro
01-16-2009, 01:28 PM
True story.

My wife and I are at a game and they announce and recognize the baseline bums. She looks to the section of older women and says, "Who are the baseline mums?"

nkdlunch
01-16-2009, 01:30 PM

wait, so being a Bum is like being in a fraternity? pathetic

tonylongoriafan
01-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Organizational and scheduled fandom with criteria, membership rules and hierarchy is just marketing and the new BB seems to be the Spur's recognized Boy/Girl Scout service extension. Nothing wrong with it. The modern day version of a team's "homeowner's association" running around watching each other and their actions rather than the game..

The old Bums were rowdy, spontaneous, devoted and motivated by their own joined loyalty and open fearlessness. Their legacy of actions speaks for itself. Teams used to hate them and many have said so. I doubt a team today if asked would know who they are. They are past.

The new Baseline Bums are not the old Baseline Bums. Never will be.

+1 come to section 221 and i'll show u how it's done :bking