PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero: Metallica

ATRAIN
01-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Guitar Hero: Metallica is an upcoming rhythm game being developed by Neversoft and distributed by Activision. The game is expected to be released in Europe, North America, and Australia on the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Wii in the first quarter of 2009. Guitar Hero: Metallica will be the second game of the Guitar Hero series to focus on the career and songs of one band, similar to the previous Guitar Hero: Aerosmith. The game is based on Guitar Hero World Tour, with support for lead and bass guitar, drums, and vocals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero_Metallica

koriwhat
01-15-2009, 01:34 PM
why doesn't GH actually pick a band worth a shit to do a whole game after? aerosmith? metallica? those 2 bands fuckin' blow!

dirk4mvp
01-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Some guy that works at Gamestop said there was a Rock Band Beatles coming out? Is that true? If so I'll actually buy one of these shit games.

IronMexican
01-15-2009, 02:17 PM
The Beatles one is true. My bro is hooked on rb2.

Mister Sinister
01-15-2009, 03:19 PM
The Beatles one is true. My bro is hooked on rb2.
Qu'est-ce que c'est?

BruceBowenFan
01-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Im looking forward to gh:metallica.

jman3000
01-15-2009, 03:32 PM
kyuss: demon cleaner.

that's reason to get it right there.

DannyT
01-15-2009, 06:50 PM
why doesn't GH actually pick a band worth a shit to do a whole game after? aerosmith? metallica? those 2 bands fuckin' blow!

blaaaah old school tracks would be worth buying it...but it would get old after awhile so just picking one band in general is lame to me

dirk4mvp
01-15-2009, 07:40 PM
The band the game names it after isn't the only band on the game.

IronMexican
01-15-2009, 08:16 PM
They have other bands as well. I think The Beatles game is going to have a bit of SGT. Peppers band, too.

dirk4mvp
01-15-2009, 08:39 PM
They have other bands as well. I think The Beatles game is going to have a bit of SGT. Peppers band, too.

This is win then. I didn't know you were a Beatles fan :lol

IronMexican
01-15-2009, 09:28 PM
I am kind of into everything. (That sounded very gay)

Viva Las Espuelas
01-15-2009, 11:40 PM
Mastodon!!!!

CuckingFunt
01-16-2009, 12:22 AM

This is win then. I didn't know you were a Beatles fan :lol

So... I'm not sure I'm reading this correctly, but am I to assume that (one or) both of you are under the impression that The Beatles and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band were two separate bands?

IronMexican
01-16-2009, 12:37 AM
From what I hear, they are going to have a lot of they're orchestra stuff. I know they song songs together, but I am sure they had their own stuff(Not that I know any)

dirk4mvp
01-16-2009, 12:39 AM
So... I'm not sure I'm reading this correctly, but am I to assume that (one or) both of you are under the impression that The Beatles and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band were two separate bands?

No, I caught that when I read IM's post the first time, just didn't see the need to call him out over it or whatever.

Obstructed_View
01-16-2009, 02:30 AM

Is that a joke?

Obstructed_View
01-16-2009, 02:30 AM
No, I caught that when I read IM's post the first time, just didn't see the need to call him out over it or whatever.

Whoops, I did. :)

koriwhat
01-16-2009, 03:48 PM
oh no not the blue meenies! no! oh where? oh where are those sgt pepper's band? we need them!

Dex
01-16-2009, 06:41 PM
Ugh.

Who wants to play the same fucking metal jam over and over and over?

Metallica = uber-overated.

Dex
01-16-2009, 06:45 PM
BTW, I love how Lars will throw a shit-fit about his music being downloaded and listened to, but he'll plaster his face all over some video game if they drop the dollars for him.

Sellouts.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Looking forward to it. Mostly for the Slayer and Mastodon.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-27-2009, 06:11 PM
The track list for "Guitar Hero: Metallica," according to Metallica's Web site:

Metallica Tracks:
• "All Nightmare Long"
• "Battery"
• "Creeping Death"
• "Disposable Heroes"
• "Dyers Eve"
• "Enter Sandman"
• "Fade to Black"
• "Fight Fire With Fire"
• "For Whom the Bell Tolls"
• "Frantic"
• "Fuel"
• "Hit the Lights"
• "King Nothing"
• "Master of Puppets"
• "Mercyful Fate (Medley)"
• "No Leaf Clover"
• "Nothing Else Matters"
• "One"
• "Orion"
• "Sad but True"
• "Seek and Destroy"
• "The Memory Remains"
• "The Shortest Straw"
• "The Thing That Should Not Be"
• "The Unforgiven"
• "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)"
• "Wherever I May Roam"
• "Whiplash"

Other Artists:
• Alice in Chains - "No Excuses"
• Bob Seger - "Turn the Page"
• Corrosion of Conformity - "Albatross"
• Diamond Head - "Am I Evil?"
• Foo Fighters - "Stacked Actors"
• Judas Priest - "Hell Bent for Leather"
• Kyuss - "Demon Cleaner"
• Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Tuesday's Gone"
• Machine Head - "Beautiful Mourning"
• Mastodon - "Blood and Thunder"
• Mercyful Fate - "Evil"
• Michael Schenker Group - "Armed and Ready"
• Motörhead - "Ace of Spades"
• Queen - "Stone Cold Crazy"
• Samhain - "Mother of Mercy"
• Slayer - "War Ensemble"
• Social Distortion - "Mommy's Little Monster"
• Suicidal Tendencies - "War Inside My Head"
• System of a Down - "Toxicity"
• The Sword - "The Black River"
• Thin Lizzy - "The Boys Are Back in Town"

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1603496/20090126/metallica.jhtml

BruceBowenFan
01-28-2009, 02:06 AM
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1603496/20090126/metallica.jhtml

great selection of songs.

Fermixalot
02-03-2009, 03:46 AM
Its a pretty decent collection of songs, though Blackened not being on there is terrible.

What I'm most excited about is the inclusion of the double bass pedal for the game, which is going to kick the difficulty of the drums to a whole different level. Plus it'll open the door for more metal songs to be accurately represented.

I am glad that the Beatles made the wise choice to go with Rock Band for their exclusive game, its just the better all around game.

Spurminator
02-03-2009, 12:15 PM
I like that they have the originals of a lot of their cover songs. The only glaring omission for me is "The Four Horsemen."

FromWayDowntown
02-03-2009, 12:51 PM
great selection of songs.

What??? No Megadeth?

BruceBowenFan
02-03-2009, 01:31 PM
What??? No Megadeth?

:lmao

Mister Sinister
02-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Oh, fuck yeah, Stone Cold Crazy.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-03-2009, 08:06 PM
What??? No Megadeth?man, i didn't even think about that. dyer's eve should be pretty tough.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-30-2009, 09:34 AM
.........so who got it? playing this brought back so many memories. awesome tunes.

ATRAIN
03-31-2009, 10:44 AM
.........so who got it? playing this brought back so many memories. awesome tunes.

Im gonna go get it today, Best buy has a special where you can pick up an extra guitar for an extra 10 bucks.

Spurminator
03-31-2009, 11:00 AM
Got it last night. Great stuff, and definitely much more challenging than Aerosmith or GHWT. I'm having a lot of difficulty even on the Hard level.

FromWayDowntown
03-31-2009, 11:51 AM
I got it. I'm a GH newbie, so anything beyond medium is impossible for me at this stage. And I'll admit that I was struggling with some of the easy stuff.

ATRAIN
03-31-2009, 12:11 PM
I got it. I'm a GH newbie, so anything beyond medium is impossible for me at this stage. And I'll admit that I was struggling with some of the easy stuff.

you will get the hang of it

jman3000
03-31-2009, 02:36 PM
mmmm... demon cleaner.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-31-2009, 07:59 PM
Im gonna go get it today, Best buy has a special where you can pick up an extra guitar for an extra 10 bucks.
those bastards!!! i wanna get this one:
http://www.itechnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/dreamgear-warbeast-wireless-guitar-controller.jpg
,but it's only for the ps3. the warlock is a guitar i've always wanted to get and this is pretty close.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-31-2009, 08:00 PM
Got it last night. Great stuff, and definitely much more challenging than Aerosmith or GHWT. I'm having a lot of difficulty even on the Hard level.
dude, i forgot how war ensemble started and i crashed shortly after it started on medium.

dirk4mvp
03-31-2009, 09:02 PM
Went to a friend's house who's favorite band is Metallica and favorite game is GH, so he's been busting a nut over this for a few days. Hate to beat the same drum over and over, but Metallica's old stuff is gold.

ATRAIN
04-01-2009, 07:41 AM
those bastards!!! i wanna get this one:
http://www.itechnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/dreamgear-warbeast-wireless-guitar-controller.jpg
,but it's only for the ps3. the warlock is a guitar i've always wanted to get and this is pretty close.

I got two black Les Pauls which is a guitar I have always wanted too but they should have released a Hetfield Black Explorer for this game I would have picked that up. That guitar is pretty bad ass though. Viva do you have xbox live?

Viva Las Espuelas
04-01-2009, 09:28 AM
I got two black Les Pauls which is a guitar I have always wanted too but they should have released a Hetfield Black Explorer for this game I would have picked that up. That guitar is pretty bad ass though. Viva do you have xbox live?
nah. i'm not that advanced. just a wii. i saw that guitar at guitar center. my eyes got big until i saw it wasn't for the wii. plus it's full scale. oh well. they have this ok looking flying V for sale. may get that one.

Spurminator
04-01-2009, 09:50 AM
For anyone who has it on Wii, are you finding it very hard to activate star power? I have to hold the guitar upright for a good 5 seconds before it kicks in and by then I've already blown a few notes.

Spurminator
04-01-2009, 09:51 AM
For anyone who has it on Wii, are you finding it very hard to activate star power?

Holy shit, that is the nerdyest thing I have ever posted.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-01-2009, 09:53 AM
For anyone who has it on Wii, are you finding it very hard to activate star power? I have to hold the guitar upright for a good 5 seconds before it kicks in and by then I've already blown a few notes.
nope. i got the World Tour guitar and i just have to hit the "bridge" with my palm.

ATRAIN
04-01-2009, 09:54 AM

Holy shit, that is the nerdyest thing I have ever posted.

LOL that is pretty nerdy but you are in the geek forum so its ok here. We all know what your talking about.

On my Les paul its a little to sensitive so I just play the way I play guitar and a little like a bassist with the neck at a 90 degree angle.

ATRAIN
04-01-2009, 09:54 AM
nope. i got the World Tour guitar and i just have to hit the "bridge" with my palm.

Sweet

Spurminator
04-01-2009, 10:14 AM

Yeah I have that guitar too but I got used to tilting on GH3 and hitting the bridge just feels unnatural and messes up my rhythm. But I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Yeah I have that guitar too but I got used to tilting on GH3 and hitting the bridge just feels unnatural and messes up my rhythm. But I guess I'll just have to get used to it.
just hit it when you have a break in notes, or just press down when you strum a note. you must have a funky technique or, and take no offense, are pretty uncoordinated.