PDA

View Full Version : Kobe is to the Spurs what Tim is to the Suns

TDfan2007
01-15-2009, 07:56 PM
The guy who no matter what, no matter how hard you try, no matter how many different looks you give him, still kills you. I can't stand the Lakers and I sometimes don't like Kobe's attitude, but he scares the hell out of me every time he's on the court against us.

It's like he sees the silver and black and some primal instinct to destroy kicks in. As much as I'd love to get revenge against LA for last season, if he never see Kobe in the playoffs again I'll still be a happy man.

daslicer
01-15-2009, 07:59 PM
The guy who no matter what, no matter how hard you try, no matter how many different looks you give him, still kills you. I can't stand the Lakers and I sometimes don't like Kobe's attitude, but he scares the hell out of me every time he's on the court against us.

It's like he sees the silver and black and some primal instinct to destroy kicks in. As much as I'd love to get revenge against LA for last season, if he never see Kobe in the playoffs again I'll still be a happy man.

Not really he didn't do shit for a few years until the Lakers got Gasol in a trade. I worry more about Fisher get away with some phantom bs moreso then Kobe sinking the spurs in the clutch. And unlike the Suns the spurs have taken out kobe twice while the suns have never taken out the spurs. Then again you would now know that since you are stupid ass cunt laker fan in disguise.

Rogue
01-15-2009, 08:09 PM
IMO what tmac rather than kobe is to the spurs is just what tim to the suns. Tim busted the suns with a unbelievable 3 but tmac had busted the spurs with 13/35 which is even more unbelievable.

Spurs used to be busted by knee-mac :lmao

Yorae
01-15-2009, 08:11 PM
And dallas got screwed by Dwaney Wadey.

dirk4mvp
01-15-2009, 08:14 PM
And dallas got screwed by Dwaney Wadey.

Who's that?

Yorae
01-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Who's that?

Long lost brother of sasha vujabitch

HarlemHeat37
01-15-2009, 08:21 PM
he puts up great numbers against us, but he's only led his team past us once..

Shaq was clearly the main force during those Laker teams..Kobe put up good numbers against us in those years, but Shaq was always the guy I feared..we put 2 of the best defenders of all-time on him, and he still dominated..he was unreal..

Ditty
01-15-2009, 08:26 PM
i know if it wasnt for kobe we could of won 3 more championships why couldnt he be playing during the jordan days in early 90's

SA210
01-15-2009, 08:30 PM
I'm only concerned when Bruce Bowen is Not gaurding Kobe, like most of last night.

HarlemHeat37
01-15-2009, 08:41 PM
if it wasn't for Kobe? you mean if it wasn't for Shaq..if you trade Shaq on those Laker teams for ANYBODY else that was playing(outside of Duncan) in the NBA at the time, we beat the Lakers in any of those years..

DrHouse
01-15-2009, 09:11 PM
if it wasn't for Kobe? you mean if it wasn't for Shaq..if you trade Shaq on those Laker teams for ANYBODY else that was playing(outside of Duncan) in the NBA at the time, we beat the Lakers in any of those years..

You're blind hatred for Bryant shines clearly. That must be why they hate you over on RealGM.

HarlemHeat37
01-15-2009, 09:14 PM
You're blind hatred for Bryant shines clearly. That must be why they hate you over on RealGM.

only Laker fans hated me on RealGM, because I spoke the truth about their Messiah..everybody knows Kobe fans are a cult..blind hate? I've never said anything that wasn't true about him..I even called him the best player in the game last night, despite the fact that the majority of people now believe Lebron is the best..

you cheer for a rapist..think about that for a second..

DrHouse
01-15-2009, 09:16 PM
You're not worth responding to.

Xylus
01-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Kobe is to the Spurs what Tim, Manu, Bruce, Roger, Tony, Robert, etc., are to the Suns.

All of those motherfucking fucks have hit daggers against us.

ElNono
01-15-2009, 09:37 PM

http://kevinrobinson.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/epic_fail.jpg

m33p0
01-15-2009, 09:55 PM
IMO what tmac rather than kobe is to the spurs is just what tim to the suns. Tim busted the suns with a unbelievable 3 but tmac had busted the spurs with 13/35 which is even more unbelievable.

1 game<<<<<<<consistently.... in the playoffs.

iggypop123
01-16-2009, 12:03 AM

whatever team you would put shaq on would have still made the spurs lose those times. shaq>duncan during his prime years

j-money24
01-16-2009, 12:06 AM
Not really he didn't do shit for a few years until the Lakers got Gasol in a trade. I worry more about Fisher get away with some phantom bs moreso then Kobe sinking the spurs in the clutch. And unlike the Suns the spurs have taken out kobe twice while the suns have never taken out the spurs. Then again you would now know that since you are stupid ass cunt laker fan in disguise.

kobe and duncan in the playoff.. kobe leads 4-1 so therefore you're wrong the spurs have taken out kobe lakers once while kobe has taken out duncan spurs 4 times.

CarefreeAZ
01-16-2009, 12:20 AM
[QUOTE=daslicer;3031574] And unlike the Suns the spurs have taken out kobe twice while the suns have never taken out the spurs. QUOTE]

Check your stats there fucktard or were you still in diapers around that time?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_NBA_Playoffs

exstatic
01-16-2009, 12:34 AM
kobe and duncan in the playoff.. kobe leads 4-1 so therefore you're wrong the spurs have taken out kobe lakers once while kobe has taken out duncan spurs 4 times.

You forgetting 99, or weren't you born yet?

The BIG difference I see is that when Tim KOs the Suns, it has several times resulted in the LoB trophy taking a ride on the San Antonio river. Kobe hasn't done that since 2002, failing in 2004 and 2008 to close the deal.

TDfan2007
01-16-2009, 01:25 AM

No need for that. I'm a Spurs fan just like you. You're just embarrassing yourself now.

TDfan2007
01-16-2009, 01:31 AM

Shaq was great, but Tim outplayed him in every series. Aside from 2001, almost every Lakers win against the Spurs during the playoffs was a close one. Spurs would get a lead through 3 quarters then Kobe would pound us in the 4th until the Lakers would eek out a win. Happened in 2002, 2004, and 2008.

A lot of people forget game 3 against the Lakers in 2004. The Spurs were up 2-1 in the series and had a good lead after halftime with team on pace for a triple double. Then Kobe went nuts on us (with Bowen on him the whole time) and went for over 40 as the Lakers came back to win it. If not for Kobe's ridiculousness the Spurs would have been up 3-1 with a great chance of winning the series. See just about every game recap for the 02 series for more Kobe heroics.

Blackjack
01-16-2009, 02:25 AM
Shaq was great, but Tim outplayed him in every series. Aside from 2001, almost every Lakers win against the Spurs during the playoffs was a close one. Spurs would get a lead through 3 quarters then Kobe would pound us in the 4th until the Lakers would eek out a win. Happened in 2002, 2004, and 2008.

A lot of people forget game 3 against the Lakers in 2004. The Spurs were up 2-1 in the series and had a good lead after halftime with team on pace for a triple double. Then Kobe went nuts on us (with Bowen on him the whole time) and went for over 40 as the Lakers came back to win it. If not for Kobe's ridiculousness the Spurs would have been up 3-1 with a great chance of winning the series. See just about every game recap for the 02 series for more Kobe heroics.

Tim usually held his own and played like a beast, but you're being disingenuous in saying he outplayed Shaq in every series. Shaq absolutely distorted the game with his dominance (as much as I hate to admit it) and at a minimum usually cancelled out Tim's heroics.

As for the '02 series, Spurs fans (although for different reasons) can relate to how Suns fans felt last year.

Both series were 1-4 defeats, but just about every game you felt they coulda/shoulda won.

Obstructed_View
01-16-2009, 02:37 AM
Andrew Bogut or Stephon Marbury are bigger Spurs killers than Kobe is.

mrspurs
01-16-2009, 10:46 AM

Yet another San Antonio Spur(who btw forgets we just beat LA) who has no control of their keyboard. This site is becoming a very tasteless site. Welcome to my ignore.

NFGIII
01-16-2009, 01:13 PM

I think the point being made here is that Shaq was the dominant force on those earlier teams and not Kobe. Those were primarily Shaq's teams and not Kobe's though he played a significant role on them. Kobe was the #2 option then and Shaq was numero uno. And this in no way takes anything away from Kobe - he is a great player but the facts back then say he played second fiddle. Take Shaq out of the equation and the results most likely change. Shaq at that time was the most dominant man in the NBA. He changed the entire game and whatever TD did against him was mainly a wash due to what Shaq put up. Put an average to even above average center in place of Shaq and I believe that the Spurs beat the Lakers most if not all of the time. Shaq was just that great of a player. They didn't call him the Big Diesel/Superman for nothing.

DrHouse
01-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Shaq and Kobe were equal parts to the team. The best 1-2 combo the NBA has ever seen.

TDfan2007
01-16-2009, 01:30 PM
I think the point being made here is that Shaq was the dominant force on those earlier teams and not Kobe. Those were primarily Shaq's teams and not Kobe's though he played a significant role on them. Kobe was the #2 option then and Shaq was numero uno. And this in no way takes anything away from Kobe - he is a great player but the facts back then say he played second fiddle. Take Shaq out of the equation and the results most likely change. Shaq at that time was the most dominant man in the NBA. He changed the entire game and whatever TD did against him was mainly a wash due to what Shaq put up. Put an average to even above average center in place of Shaq and I believe that the Spurs beat the Lakers most if not all of the time. Shaq was just that great of a player. They didn't call him the Big Diesel/Superman for nothing.

I'll go with that. But it was still Kobe Breaking our hearts in the 4th quarter of all those games.

Rummpd
01-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Kobe is a great, great player but the fact is the Spurs have shut him down at times and recall Bowen outscored him in a game and Manu has outplayed him several times.

de Soto
01-16-2009, 01:56 PM
I can't stand the Lakers and I sometimes don't like Kobe's attitude, but he scares the hell out of me every time he's on the court against us.

I doubt you're part of the Team. Try hiding in the closet.

scanry
01-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Shaq and Kobe were equal parts to the team. The best 1-2 combo the NBA has ever seen.

Shaq was a beast in that Lakers 3-peat.

Look at these numbers before you come to your senses. :wow:wow:wow

2000 Finals: he averaged 38 & 17
2001 Finals: he averaged 33 & 16
2002 Finals: he averaged 37 & 12

"I want to be like Mike" - Kobe

BTW Kobe looks gay in the picture.

http://cache.nba.com/media/lakers/kobe_jordan_170_020612.jpghttp://cache.nba.com/images/blank.gifhttp://cache.nba.com/images/blank.gif

timvp
01-16-2009, 02:06 PM

Shaq >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe

99% of the Spurs focus was trying to find a way to keep Shaq from dominating. Kobe was the sidekick who the Spurs put Bowen on and didn't worry as much about.

scanry
01-16-2009, 02:12 PM

:lol:lol:lol

DrHouse
01-16-2009, 02:13 PM

99% of the Spurs focus was trying to find a way to keep Shaq from dominating. Kobe was the sidekick who the Spurs put Bowen on and didn't worry as much about.

Nope. Shaq and Kobe were equal parts to the team in terms of importance.

Shaq could never close games out with his poor F/T shooting making him a liability, and without Kobe to do that the Lakers don't win 3 championships.

And comparing Final's statistics between Kobe and Shaq is meaningless since the played the fucking Nets, 76ers, and Pacers. All worthless teams. The real Finals were the WCF, and everyone knows that. Compare the statistics in those series.

scanry
01-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Nope. Shaq and Kobe were equal parts to the team in terms of importance.

Shaq could never close games out with his poor F/T shooting making him a liability, and without Kobe to do that the Lakers don't win 3 championships.

And comparing Final's statistics between Kobe and Shaq is meaningless since the played the fucking Nets, 76ers, and Pacers. All worthless teams. The real Finals were the WCF, and everyone knows that. Compare the statistics in those series.

Shaq >>>>>>>>> Kobe

C'mon man, you should come to your senses (the earlier the better).:lol

DrHouse
01-16-2009, 02:26 PM
It's like asking a father to pick which one of his sons he loves more. Both Shaq and Kobe gave the Lakers something that the other couldn't provide. Without either of them the Lakers simply don't win a single championship.

Warlord23
01-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Here's the deal: the Spurs teams that lost to the Lakers were very deficient in their swingman rotation. Shaq was way better than Kobe (in fact prime Shaq's impact is in the company of prime Jordan, prime Wilt, prime Hakeem), but Shaq had either Tim or (aging, but still effective) David on him all the time, and he needed to guard one of them, he needed to rebound against them.

Kobe OTOH, used to embarrass the likes of Antonio Daniels, washed-up Terry Porter, and the corpse of Steve Smith. The only player worth mentioning was Derek Anderson and he got injured for the WCF where we got swept. The Spurs between 2000-02 had the worst guard rotation of all contending teams till we put together the 2003 title team with SJax, Parker, Manu and Bruce. It speaks volumes of Tim that we were a 56-win team that contended every year with putrid crap in the backcourt.

People have short memories. The Portland team in 2000 that choked had a backcourt of Pippen, Bonzi Wells and Steve Smith. They flat-out neutralized and got the better of Kobe. Shaq over Sabonis was the huge mismatch that the Lakers rode to beat them. Shaq was scoring 26 PPG at 54%, Kobe scored 21 PPG at 44%. Kobe was the very definition of role-player in that series. Cut to 2002, Shaq over Vlade Divac was the huge mismatch. Shaq scores 30 ppg at 53% shooting, Kobe scores 27 PPG at 42% shooting. Lakers win.

Cut to 2003. Key turning point: Shaq becomes lazier/less motivated/less dominant, and Kobe starts taking over the scoring load more. What happens to them vs the Spurs, who now have a decent guard rotation to put up against Kobe? Kobe scores his 32.3 PPG but at 43% shooting, Shaq puts up 25.3 PPG at 56%. You can bet Pop was happy that the reins of the Laker offense were in Kobe's hands, since the Spurs went on to win the title.

2004, Kobe is now the unquestioned scoring leader and Shaq is the # 2 option. Finals vs Detroit. Shaq scores at an ungodly 63% FGP to rack up 26.6 PPG at just 17 FGA per game. Kobe gets his ass shut down by Detroit, shoots 38% while scoring 22.6 PPG on 22.6 FGA per game. Larry Brown knew all he needed to do was let Kobe shoot his team out of a title.

Bottomline, with Shaq as the focal point of the offense and Kobe as a role player, the Lakers were champions. When Kobe took over the reins, he was the biggest reason they lost to teams who were smart enough to let Kobe shoot.

Kobe hasn't won a title as a leader yet. So no, he isn't what Tim means to the Spurs.

scanry
01-16-2009, 02:31 PM
It's like asking a father to pick which one of his sons he loves more. Both Shaq and Kobe gave the Lakers something that the other couldn't provide. Without either of them the Lakers simply don't win a single championship.

That's true, but Shaq was still the dominant force. 2002 was the only year when i though that maybe they don't have to feed the ball to Shaq all the time. The other two years, not a chance would they have won a playoff series without Shaq.

scanry
01-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Here's the deal: the Spurs teams that lost to the Lakers were very deficient in their swingman rotation. Shaq was way better than Kobe (in fact prime Shaq's impact is in the company of prime Jordan, prime Wilt, prime Hakeem), but Shaq had either Tim or (aging, but still effective) David on him all the time, and he needed to guard one of them, he needed to rebound against them.

Kobe OTOH, used to embarrass the likes of Antonio Daniels, washed-up Terry Porter, and the corpse of Steve Smith. The only player worth mentioning was Derek Anderson and he got injured for the WCF where we got swept. The Spurs between 2000-02 had the worst guard rotation of all contending teams till we put together the 2003 title team with SJax, Parker, Manu and Bruce. It speaks volumes of Tim that we were a 56-win team that contended every year with putrid crap in the backcourt.

People have short memories. The Portland team in 2000 that choked had a backcourt of Pippen, Bonzi Wells and Steve Smith. They flat-out neutralized and got the better of Kobe. Shaq over Sabonis was the huge mismatch that the Lakers rode to beat them. Shaq was scoring 26 PPG at 54%, Kobe scored 21 PPG at 44%. Kobe was the very definition of role-player in that series. Cut to 2002, Shaq over Vlade Divac was the huge mismatch. Shaq scores 30 ppg at 53% shooting, Kobe scores 27 PPG at 42% shooting. Lakers win.

Cut to 2003. Key turning point: Shaq becomes lazier/less motivated/less dominant, and Kobe starts taking over the scoring load more. What happens to them vs the Spurs, who now have a decent guard rotation to put up against Kobe? Kobe scores his 32.3 PPG but at 43% shooting, Shaq puts up 25.3 PPG at 56%. You can bet Pop was happy that the reins of the Laker offense were in Kobe's hands, since the Spurs went on to win the title.

2004, Kobe is now the unquestioned scoring leader and Shaq is the # 2 option. Finals vs Detroit. Shaq scores at an ungodly 63% FGP to rack up 26.6 PPG at just 17 FGA per game. Kobe gets his ass shut down by Detroit, shoots 38% while scoring 22.6 PPG on 22.6 FGA per game. Larry Brown knew all he needed to do was let Kobe shoot his team out of a title.

Bottomline, with Shaq as the focal point of the offense and Kobe as a role player, the Lakers were champions. When Kobe took over the reins, he was the biggest reason they lost to teams who were smart enough to let Kobe shoot.

Kobe hasn't won a title as a leader yet. So no, he isn't what Tim means to the Spurs.

:whine

FreeMason
01-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Dirk = Spurs Killer

Kobe is just Kobe. He's hit that level of Greatness as far as NBA skills go imfo.

Raoul Duke
01-16-2009, 05:07 PM

and steve kerr owns the mavs.

exstatic
01-16-2009, 08:15 PM
No they weren't.

Sincerely,
The best 1-2 combo the NBA has ever seen
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/nba-history/images/photos/Jordan-Pippen_1997_400.jpg

200 miles
01-16-2009, 08:30 PM

and the 2004 west semis