PDA

View Full Version : Spurs version of Jack Nicholson. Who is he?

midnightpulp
01-16-2009, 04:07 AM
Hello all. This has peaked my curiosity for years now. The person in question is a middle-aged gentleman of either Latino or Middle Eastern descent who appears on every nationally televised Spurs game and always has a comfortable seat behind the broadcasting booth.

I'm a SoCal Spurs fan, so I assume he's possibly a wealthy San Antonio based businessman or a local celebrity?

timvp
01-16-2009, 04:15 AM
You talking about the Valvoline Guy?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65339

midnightpulp
01-16-2009, 04:20 AM
You talking about the Valvoline Guy?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65339

That's him. Thanks a million!

Emeyin
01-16-2009, 06:23 AM
Yeah I know exactly who you're talking about. I was wondering who that guy was too.

spurscenter
01-16-2009, 06:30 AM
Tommy Lee Jones

Sean Michaels

George Straight

Josh Beckett

BlackSwordsMan
01-16-2009, 07:51 AM
only famous person I've seen at a spurs game is that boston pitcher

Agitator
01-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Hello all. This has peaked my curiosity for years now. The person in question is a middle-aged gentleman of either Latino or Middle Eastern descent who appears on every nationally televised Spurs game and always has a comfortable seat behind the broadcasting booth.

I'm a SoCal Spurs fan, so I assume he's possibly a wealthy San Antonio based businessman or a local celebrity?

That's me man. Honest.

I am San Anotonio's Batman. A millionaire playboy by day, and asskicking crime fighter at night.

FreeMason
01-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Ah, I always wondered who this guy was.

urunobili
01-16-2009, 10:13 AM
:ttiwwp:

wildbill2u
01-16-2009, 10:30 AM

The most interesting (notorius?)season ticket holders on the front row (excluding George Meeks of course who wasn't as visible) were the two guys across from the Spurs bench who dressed like the Blues Brothers complete with black suits, fedora hats, dark sunglasses and briefcases back in the day.

They'd get up and dance at time outs. After they were arrested, It turned out they were drug dealers and the briefcases were full of baggies.

scanry
01-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Is it this guy??

http://www.stoneoakinfo.com/files/images/20070813_0477.preview.JPG

BacktoBasics
01-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Thats the guy. I don't know why but he's annoying.

Interrohater
01-16-2009, 11:45 AM
haha! I know that dude! I used to work at a local bar (the nicest one in town) and I used to see him there all the time. He is one of the coolest guy's you'll ever meet, he even hooked me up with a ticket to a game once. Free liquor all night and a personal waitress. It was badass. What does his race have to do with anything?

FreeMason
01-16-2009, 11:49 AM
How he is annoying? He doesn't do anything.

Living the dream :toast

lefty
01-16-2009, 12:09 PM

Eva Longaria

Except that Jack Nicholson has more hair and larger boobs

jmard5
01-16-2009, 12:31 PM

How about Eva?

Ditty
01-16-2009, 01:07 PM
colt mcoy was at the game agaist the lakers wearing a spurs jersey

BlackBellamy
01-16-2009, 04:51 PM

I recall Tiger Woods showing up at a game I was at, maybe late 90's early 2000's. They showed him on the jumbo-tron and people went nuts, and this was just at the beginning of his meteoric rise. However, I believe that it must have been a coincidence rather than a actual fanship by Tiger to show up. Prolly had played that tournament in town. Biggest celeb that I'd seen at a game.
When I was younger than that, and Warren Moon would occasionally do NBA commentary (really) for one of the networks (I think ESPN), I went down to the floor with my Houston jersey on (I had worn it by total fluke as I think that he had already retired after the Minne, Seattle, Chiefs playing days and certainly Houston) and asked him politely (and scared sh*tless to meet one of my heroes) to sign it. He actually told me (an 11 or 12 year old kid) "F*ck you kid, I don't play there anymore". And then proceeded to do nothing at all, just stand there looking pleased with himself. The look that my father gave that guy, I still remember to this day as the most anger one can manifest on a human face. He (my dad) later stated that he (Moon) was going through a messy divorce (obviously trying to help me rationalize one of my favorite sports stars not really being a remarkable dick-wizard, just a man having a rough time). Needless to say, my positive image of him never returned. That might be the only other brush with "fame" that I remember. But if you ever see him, now you know Warren Moon's an a$$hole.

tp2021
01-16-2009, 04:57 PM
I recall Tiger Woods showing up at a game I was at, maybe late 90's early 2000's. They showed him on the jumbo-tron and people went nuts, and this was just at the beginning of his meteoric rise. However, I believe that it must have been a coincidence rather than a actual fanship by Tiger to show up. Prolly had played that tournament in town. Biggest celeb that I'd seen at a game.
When I was younger than that, and Warren Moon would occasionally do NBA commentary (really) for one of the networks (I think ESPN), I went down to the floor with my Houston jersey on (I had worn it by total fluke as I think that he had already retired after the Minne, Seattle, Chiefs playing days and certainly Houston) and asked him politely (and scared sh*tless to meet one of my heroes) to sign it. He actually told me (an 11 or 12 year old kid) "F*ck you kid, I don't play there anymore". And then proceeded to do nothing at all, just stand there looking pleased with himself. The look that my father gave that guy, I still remember to this day as the most anger one can manifest on a human face. He (my dad) later stated that he (Moon) was going through a messy divorce (obviously trying to help me rationalize one of my favorite sports stars not really being a remarkable dick-wizard, just a man having a rough time). Needless to say, my positive image of him never returned. That might be the only other brush with "fame" that I remember. But if you ever see him, now you know Warren Moon's an a$$hole.

Stories like this are what come to mind when you hear "People should never meet their heroes."

I'm sorry dude. That sucks.

BlackBellamy
01-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Stories like this are what come to mind when you hear "People should never meet their heroes."

I'm sorry dude. That sucks.

Eh, ancient history. I think you'd be right in saying that we should admire athletes from afar, unless they wear the silver and black (As a kid I was never denied an autograph from one Spur, even f*ckin' Rodman took the time). Spurs are class. I do appreciate the sympathy, brother.

Taco
01-16-2009, 05:07 PM
That's him. Thanks a million!

djKh5giF0Wk

HERE HE IS BETWEEN VAN GUNDY AND TARICO

dbestpro
01-16-2009, 05:08 PM

I believe that is Dr Sherwyn Schwartz a local diabetic doctor. I worked with him back in the mid to late 80's.

gospursgojas
01-16-2009, 05:47 PM
What about that red headed kid...

braeden0613
01-16-2009, 05:55 PM
What about that red headed kid...
The Bonner twin!? :lol What is his connection with Bonner?

howbouthemspurs
01-16-2009, 06:08 PM
What about that drunk lady right next to him who cant stop clowning for the camera?

mexicanjunior
01-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Is it this guy??

I always wondered who that dude was...he doesn't bother me.

ManuTP9
01-16-2009, 06:14 PM
lmao haha that guy is funny

lefty
01-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Is it this guy??

Always wondered who he was; he is always seating behind the commentators.

I don't know why, but he cracks me up

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
01-16-2009, 08:09 PM
He Bothers Me Cuz We Need Eva Or Some Fine Ass Ladies On Live T.v. N To Show All The World That We Have Some Of Finest Ladies U Can See. Not Some Dude. They Need To Change His Seat!!!!!

hater
01-16-2009, 08:31 PM
that mofo saw some great games right on his grill. lucky ass SOB

jcrod
01-16-2009, 08:57 PM
:lol I was pumping gas and he pulled up accross from me. I was like hey the Valvoline guy.

byrdman31
01-16-2009, 09:34 PM
:lol I was pumping gas and he pulled up accross from me. I was like hey the Valvoline guy.

what was he driving?

jcrod
01-16-2009, 09:52 PM
what was he driving?

I don't remember, it was a long time ago. I think it was a BMW.

spurscenter
01-17-2009, 02:46 AM
That guy is a pimp off 1604 and Bandera

DMX7
01-17-2009, 03:07 AM

You've never seen Eva at a Spurs game?