PDA

View Full Version : If we can get Marcin Gortat,I think we will be a better team.

kenson-q
01-16-2009, 10:35 PM
NAME:Marcin Gortat
TEAM:Orlando Magic
Born: 1984-2-17
Height: 6-11 / 2,11
Weight: 240 lbs. / 108,9 kg.
Years Pro: 1
Here I want to explain why we need Gortat.
1.LA will be our main competitor .How to beat LA will be the problem we are going to face.They have two big guys ,and both of them have speed and height.Looking back to our team,what we lack is speed and height.Thomas will be the only guy who can defend them,however,he is too old to catch up with them.When Thomas face them,this two guys can use their speed and footsteps to pass him easily.Even if Thomas catchs up with them,they use their height to shot without any threat.It is different from last season.now they have Bynum who will be a big threat in paint area.

2.Why we need Gortat?Just like what I introduced.This guy has height and speed.He plays D and he is so young that he can play at least 30 MINs.He can get REB and provide blocks.

3.It's possible to trade him.He plays few minutes in magic and his contract will end after this season.He is not so important because of the super man.In some games he can't even get one minute to play.And he plays in a low key.We get picks, due contracts and the rights of signing other players like Splitter.Why can't we get him?If the two sides trade not work,maybe we can try a three-way deal.There is always a way to get this guy.

He can get 3.4points and 4 rebounds in average 11.1 minutes,and he also can contribute 1.2 blocks pergame,he costs $0.71 millon,and his contract will be ended in 2009.I think his speed and REB will help us.Let's trade him if we can.

By the way,I am chinese,it's my first time to post here,and my English is quite poor.I hope we can be friends.:lol

kenson-q
01-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Any one knows him?

tp2021
01-16-2009, 10:54 PM
Welcome to the board.

kenson-q
01-16-2009, 11:06 PM
This guy is playing now!

Lakers_55
01-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Bynum just scored easily over Gortat, and Ariza drove the lane right by him for a dunk and the foul. Is he available?

Lakers_55
01-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Ariza just took the lob from Fisher for a dunk, Gortat fouled him to stop it.

kenson-q
01-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Ariza just took the lob from Fisher for a dunk, Gortat fouled him to stop it.
At least he defended.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Can't say I know a whole lot about the guy. The stats look intriguing enough. The problem I see is that Orlando is a team on the brink of contending. I don't see them making any deals unless they get a piece that makes them better immediately and the pieces that the Spurs are in a position to move aren't what they are looking for. The Magic could use an upgrade at PG, but I don't think they want Vaughn and the Spurs aren't going to ship out Hill. Most of the expendable pieces for the Spurs are swingmen, who aren't going to represent any major improvement over the ones the Magic already got.

kenson-q
01-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Can't say I know a whole lot about the guy. The stats look intriguing enough. The problem I see is that Orlando is a team on the brink of contending. I don't see them making any deals unless they get a piece that makes them better immediately and the pieces that the Spurs are in a position to move aren't what they are looking for. The Magic could use an upgrade at PG, but I don't think they want Vaughn and the Spurs aren't going to ship out Hill. Most of the expendable pieces for the Spurs are swingmen, who aren't going to represent any major improvement over the ones the Magic already got.
That's really a problem.Why not provide a second-round pick?

pawe
01-16-2009, 11:38 PM
If they want Hill then give it to them for Gortat.
They can always run Mason or Manu at the point and that will also relieve the traffic at the 2 spot. Doubt that will happen though.

kenson-q
01-16-2009, 11:43 PM
In Timmy's help, I think he will get better

South Side Spurs Fan
01-16-2009, 11:47 PM
They can always run Mason or Manu at the point and that will also relieve the traffic at the 2 spot. Doubt that will happen though.

Hill is going to come in very handy when Tony pushes for a big raise one day. As much as you guys complain about our lacking a young dominant big, I see Hill as eventually freeing up Tony's salary to spend on help/successor to Tim.

kenson-q
01-16-2009, 11:51 PM
He was always actively pushing offensive rebounds.Any way,I don't want to trade Hill.

kenson-q
01-16-2009, 11:54 PM
With the growth of Howard, he won't have a lot of room for development.

kenson-q
01-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Can we use the Splitter's signing right to trade him?I don't think we can get Splitter because of the salary rules.

tp2021
01-17-2009, 12:16 AM
kenson-q thread!

kenson-q
01-17-2009, 12:37 AM
kenson-q thread!
I don't understand what you mean....

kenson-q
01-17-2009, 01:39 AM
Let's do sth.

Tigole Bitties
01-17-2009, 01:56 AM

...he costs $0.71 millon,and his contract will be ended in 2009.

Do it. Straight up trade for Gortat with 500,000 Polish sausages from Costco.

DAF86
01-17-2009, 02:02 AM
He's a good player, he's tough,can rebound and block and has a nice touch around the basket. Call me crazy but if Hill is what the Magic want to get it done I'd do it. Mason and Manu could take turns to run the point when Tony is resting.

kenson-q
01-17-2009, 02:04 AM
Do it. Straight up trade for Gortat with 500,000 Polish sausages from Costco.
You are so funny,haha.

DAF86
01-17-2009, 02:08 AM
In a perfect world this could happen.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2758~874&teams=24~19&te=&cash=

kenson-q
01-17-2009, 02:14 AM
In a perfect world this could happen.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2758~874&teams=24~19&te=&cash=
I hope so.And I will give the Magic one more second-round pick to make it happened.

DAF86
01-17-2009, 02:22 AM
I hope so.And I will give the Magic one more second-round pick to make it happened.

That won't happen. But with Hill it can happen. Pop and Buford need to man up and make this trade. I know that Hill has a great future but with Tony here he won't play for more than 14/18 minutes, and besides Gortat has a great future too. He's only 24 and let me tell you that he'll be more than a solid role player in this league.

kenson-q
01-17-2009, 02:28 AM
That won't happen. But with Hill it can happen. Pop and Buford need to man up and make this trade. I know that Hill has a great future but with Tony here he won't play for more than 14/18 minutes, and besides Gortat has a great future too. He's only 24 and let me tell you that he'll be more than a solid role player in this league.
I agree with you,Hill is more than a role player,but he has not enough time to show his talent.
And I would like this.If it happens,it's wonderful.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2774~2758&teams=19~24&te=&cash=

DAF86
01-17-2009, 02:35 AM
I agree with you,Hill is more than a role player,but he has not enough time to show his talent.
And I would like this.If it happens,it's wonderful.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2774~2758&teams=19~24&te=&cash=

That'll be OK too, but it won't happen either. Gortat is a rotation player in a contender team. The only way we can get him is by getting the Magic a rotation player in the position they need most, and that's a PG reserve. That's why I think a straight up Hill for Gortat trade will be very reasonable.

kenson-q
01-17-2009, 02:43 AM
That'll be OK too, but it won't happen either. Gortat is a rotation player in a contender team. The only way we can get him is by getting the Magic a rotation player in the position they need most, and that's a PG reserve. That's why I think a straight up Hill for Gortat trade will be very reasonable.
I just want POP to play Ian,even if he sucks.If he can't play,just trade!If Ian can play,that's good.If we have to lose Hill to get him,I think I will support this trade.

DAF86
01-17-2009, 02:49 AM
I just want POP to play Ian,even if he sucks.If he can't play,just trade!If Ian can play,that's good.If we have to lose Hill to get him,I think I will support this trade.

When will Ian be ready to go?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-17-2009, 02:55 AM
When you come up with trades, try to make sense for both teams.

Why would Orlando, hottest team in the league, give up a guy who is essentially their primary backup big? Answer: they won't. He's super-cheap, does a good job, and will improve seeing as he's a rookie. It makes no sense for Orlando.

As for this:

Dude, WTF? Come on. That is absolute garbage. Dumbest thing I've seen you say on this board. We discover a youngster who can play both guard spots, defends hard, and could be anything, and you want to give him away for a reserve big? Pulease. Hill's floor is waaaaay above Gortat's ceiling.

Next .

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-17-2009, 02:56 AM

You two need to check your heads - you've gone trade-crazy. :rolleyes

Gortat is a serviceable big, but Hill will be a very good to excellent combo guard for the next decade.

DAF86
01-17-2009, 03:01 AM
When you come up with trades, try to make sense for both teams.

Why would Orlando, hottest team in the league, give up a guy who is essentially their primary backup big? Answer: they won't. He's super-cheap, does a good job, and will improve seeing as he's a rookie. It makes no sense for Orlando.

As for this:

Dude, WTF? Come on. That is absolute garbage. Dumbest thing I've seen you say on this board. We discover a youngster who can play both guard spots, defends hard, and could be anything, and you want to give him away for a reserve big? Pulease. Hill's floor is waaaaay above Gortat's ceiling.

Next .

Did you see Gortat play? He's very good. He will be more than a role player in the future. The Spurs need to set their priorities straight, there's no place for both Parker and Hill in the future, eventually one will go, and something tells me that one is George. I will trade a promising big man for a promising PG everyday of the week. Specially with our situation.

kenson-q
01-17-2009, 03:04 AM

Gortat is a serviceable big, but Hill will be a very good to excellent combo guard for the next decade.
Of course I know that hill has the talent like you said.But with Parker,he has no room to make progress.

tp2021
01-17-2009, 03:07 AM
Of course I know that hill has the talent like you said.But with Parker,he has no room to make progress.

Do you know what this team would be like without him? Have you seen Jacque Vaughn?

DAF86
01-17-2009, 03:09 AM
Do you know what this team would be like without him? Have you seen Jacque Vaughn?

Mason and Manu can play the point

kenson-q
01-17-2009, 03:15 AM
We have Manu and Mason,as a matter of fact,Hill plays more like a SG than pg now.It doesn't mean I don't like Hill,I like him very much.The problem is that no man can help Tim,and we are lack of REBS.

timvp
01-17-2009, 03:15 AM
George Hill for Marcin Gortat?

WTF?

DAF86
01-17-2009, 03:17 AM

WTF?

Yes, if you think about it. It's actully a pretty good trade.

kenson-q
01-17-2009, 03:24 AM
Actually,I want to provide the right of signing Splitter if it works.

kenson-q
01-17-2009, 03:26 AM
We can provide Jv and the right of signing Splitter or somebody,maybe it works

timvp
01-17-2009, 03:27 AM
Yes, if you think about it. It's actully a pretty good trade.An unproven player with no offensive game and limited mobility on defense is not worth giving up Hill. Gortat has had some good games but this is the same guy who sucked in D-League and summer league and surprised his own team with his play. His stats look good on paper but you have to account for the fact that he's always on the court in small ball situations -- which inflates his rebounding and shot blocking stats. Put him on a regular team and his stats would plummet.

kenson-q
01-17-2009, 03:31 AM
An unproven player with no offensive game and limited mobility on defense is not worth giving up Hill. Gortat has had some good games but this is the same guy who sucked in D-League and summer league and surprised his own team with his play. His stats look good on paper but you have to account for the fact that he's always on the court in small ball situations -- which inflates his rebounding and shot blocking stats. Put him on a regular team and his stats would plummet.
How about this.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2758~874~3233&teams=24~19~19&te=&cash=

DAF86
01-17-2009, 03:31 AM
Actually,I want to provide the right of signing Splitter if it works.

But it won't. In fact if the Magic wasn't a contender this year I think they may not even want to make the "Hill for Gortat" trade. The only reason this trade is possible is because Anthony sucks too much ass.

kenson-q
01-17-2009, 03:35 AM
But it won't. In fact if the Magic wasn't a contender this year I think they may not even want to make the "Hill for Gortat" trade. The only reason this trade is possible is because Anthony sucks too much ass.
It's really hard to get a useful big man now.

DAF86
01-17-2009, 03:40 AM
An unproven player with no offensive game and limited mobility on defense is not worth giving up Hill. Gortat has had some good games but this is the same guy who sucked in D-League and summer league and surprised his own team with his play. His stats look good on paper but you have to account for the fact that he's always on the court in small ball situations -- which inflates his rebounding and shot blocking stats. Put him on a regular team and his stats would plummet.

I've seen him play quite a bit this year. (more than any Spur player) and he isn't so unuseful in offense, he has a great touch around the basket, and the only two bigs that play in small ball situation are Howard or Battie, Gortat only plays when VG decides for a more convencional formation. But let's assume his numbers are inflated. He's still a 100 times better than any of the Spurs bigs besides Duncan. And let's not forget that while Parker is in this team (and I hope is for at least 8 more years) Hill won't get too much time in the court.

DAF86
01-17-2009, 03:40 AM
It's really hard to get a useful big man now.

That's exactly why that trade wouldn't work.

Brutalis
01-17-2009, 03:52 AM

WTF?

Yeah made me sober up just reading it.

timvp
01-17-2009, 04:31 AM
he has a great touch around the basketSo great that he's sub-40% at the rim in his last ten games? He also hasn't made a shot outside the paint this season. I'm sure that'd be a great partner for Duncan :tu

Gortat only plays when VG decides for a more convencional formation.Fail. As of the last time 82games updated their player pairs (http://www.82games.com/0809/0809ORLP.HTM), Gortat had played about 85% of his minutes in small ball lineups. And he hadn't even played with Howard at all this season. If he's too immobile to play next to Howard, how do you expect him to play next to Duncan?

Manufan909
01-17-2009, 04:34 AM
So great that he's sub-40% at the rim in his last ten games? He also hasn't made a shot outside the paint this season. I'm sure that'd be a great partner for Duncan :tu

Fail. As of the last time 82games updated their player pairs (http://www.82games.com/0809/0809ORLP.HTM), Gortat had played about 85% of his minutes in small ball lineups. And he hadn't even played with Howard at all this season. If he's too immobile to play next to Howard, how do you expect him to play next to Duncan?

82games FTW!!!

Austin_Toros
01-17-2009, 04:56 AM
hes better than oberto and crochere so im in.

wildbill2u
01-17-2009, 10:20 AM
TEAM:Orlando Magic
Born: 1984-2-17
Height: 6-11 / 2,11
Weight: 240 lbs. / 108,9 kg.
Years Pro: 1
He can get 3.4points and 4 rebounds in average 11.1 minutes,and he also can contribute 1.2 blocks pergame,he costs $0.71 millon,and his contract will be ended in 2009.I think his speed and REB will help us.Let's trade him if we can.
By the way,I am chinese,it's my first time to post here,and my English is quite poor.I hope we can be friends.:lol

Your English is better than some of our other posters who are native citizens. Hint: In order to distinguish separate thoughts in sentences, you need to use periods instead of commas. Welcome.

PS. I looked into teaching English in China a few years ago. How did you learn your second language?

kenson-q
01-17-2009, 10:50 AM
Your English is better than some of our other posters who are native citizens. Hint: In order to distinguish separate thoughts in sentences, you need to use periods instead of commas. Welcome.

PS. I looked into teaching English in China a few years ago. How did you learn your second language?
Thank you for your advice.We learn English in our language lesson in our school.We talk less,so I can't Communicate with you easily.

kenson-q
01-17-2009, 11:03 AM
And he hadn't even played with Howard at all this season. If he's too immobile to play next to Howard, how do you expect him to play next to Duncan?
I don't agree with you at this point.I saw the game he played today,he moves quickly.I think he would be a good partner of Tim.

DAF86
01-17-2009, 01:21 PM
So great that he's sub-40% at the rim in his last ten games? He also hasn't made a shot outside the paint this season. I'm sure that'd be a great partner for Duncan :tu

If you are going to go by the last ten games, then we have to say that Manu can't shoot the three.

Fail. As of the last time 82games updated their player pairs (http://www.82games.com/0809/0809ORLP.HTM), Gortat had played about 85% of his minutes in small ball lineups. And he hadn't even played with Howard at all this season. If he's too immobile to play next to Howard, how do you expect him to play next to Duncan?

I'm speaking from what I saw in matches, I didn't look at his numbers. In every game I saw from the Magic this year he cames in when Howard needs a rest to play along Battie. But given that I didn't even see half of Orlando's games I give you that his numbers could be inflated, but no matter that fact he's still a lot batter at rebounding and blocking than Oberto, Thomas or Bonner.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Kurt Thomas >>> Marcin Gortat

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2009, 01:31 PM

WTF?

I agree, I scratched my head when multiple Spurs fans were calling for Hill for Gortat.

IMO their more pressing need is at SF than C.

DAF86
01-17-2009, 01:34 PM
What about Adonal Foyle for Vaughn and something more that could interest the Magic?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=874~254&teams=19~24&te=&cash=

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2009, 01:37 PM
What about Adonal Foyle for Vaughn and something more that could interest the Magic?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=874~254&teams=19~24&te=&cash=

What exactly does Adonal Foyle do for the Spurs that Kurt Thomas doesn't do?

DAF86
01-17-2009, 01:40 PM
What exactly does Adonal Foyle do for the Spurs that Kurt Thomas doesn't do?

More size, it never hurts to have another body to throw at the Gasols, Bynums and Shaqs of the western conference.

DAF86
01-17-2009, 01:42 PM
The question is what do we lose with a Vaugn for Foyle trade

polandprzem
01-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Marcin is the only polish guy in the leauge so

go easy on him :)

I realy believe that he can be a realy good in the leauge. In the future I see him in the S5 of any team in this leauge.

Trade him now for Hill? Umm no!

Orlando won't give up on Gortat, because he is a hard worker and is providing good chemistry in this club.
We do not have nobody we can sell who Orlando wants (Oberto, Jaque, Bowen)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2009, 01:48 PM
More size, it never hurts to have another body to throw at the Gasols, Bynums and Shaqs of the western conference.

You've def watched more games than me so your observations have more basis than mine but from the games I've seen size isn't the problem athleticism and perimeter defense has been a bigger problem. They've won titles with stiffs at center, they've never won titles with the weak D they're getting from the SF position.

There might be a few laughs at this but Louis Amundson of the Suns (ponytail guy) would help the Spurs a lot right now. He is a smarter player than given credit for, defends the PF's who rely solely on athleticism mismatches (Amare, Dirk, Odom, West), and rebounds extremely well. Just a thought.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2009, 01:49 PM
The question is what do we lose with a Vaugn for Foyle trade

That's true, I'm just saying it wouldn't solve any problems, but it wouldn't create any problems either.

DAF86
01-17-2009, 02:00 PM
You've def watched more games than me so your observations have more basis than mine but from the games I've seen size isn't the problem athleticism and perimeter defense has been a bigger problem. They've won titles with stiffs at center, they've never won titles with the weak D they're getting from the SF position.

There might be a few laughs at this but Louis Amundson of the Suns (ponytail guy) would help the Spurs a lot right now. He is a smarter player than given credit for, defends the PF's who rely solely on athleticism mismatches (Amare, Dirk, Odom, West), and rebounds extremely well. Just a thought.

Thomas is OK but we need a little more presence inside besides Duncan, Kurt is pretty solid, smart and can hit the mid jumper but he's a little bit small for a C or PF and he doesn't jump so he isn't much of a presnce inside in terms of contesting shots. That's what I think this team is lacking.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Thomas is OK but we need a little more presence inside besides Duncan, Kurt is pretty solid, smart and can hit the mid jumper but he's a little bit small for a C or PF and he doesn't jump so he isn't much of a presnce inside in terms of contesting shots. That's what I think this team is lacking.

That's where we disagree. KT is great at contesting shots and great at denying post position, you're selling his interior D a little short.

DAF86
01-17-2009, 02:14 PM
That's where we disagree. KT is great at contesting shots and great at denying post position, you're selling his interior D a little short.

There's a reason why 99% of Spurs fans want to get a big that can rebound and block shots before the trade deadline.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2009, 02:17 PM
There's a reason why 99% of Spurs fans want to get a big that can rebound and block shots before the trade deadline.

Thomas's shot blocking and help defense does suck I agree there, but IMO getting a SF who can defend so Thomas doesn't have to play help defense as much could be a better solution.

kenson-q
01-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Glad to see you guys talking this topic severely.Here I want to explain why we need Gortat.

1.LA will be our main competitor .How to beat LA will be the problem we are going to face.They have two big guys ,and both of them have speed and height.Looking back to our team,what we lack is speed and height.Thomas will be the only guy who can defend them,however,he is too old to catch up with them.When Thomas face them,this two guys can use their speed and footsteps to pass him easily.Even if Thomas catchs up with them,they use their height to shot without any threat.It is different from last season.now they have Bynum who will be a big threat in paint area.

2.Why we need Gortat?Just like what I introduced.This guy has height and speed.He plays D and he is so young that he can play at least 30 MINs.He can get REB and provide blocks.

3.It's possible to trade him.He plays few minutes in magic and his contract will end after this season.He is not so important because of the super man.In some games he can't even get one minute to play.And he plays in a low key.We get picks, due contracts and the rights of signing other players like Splitter.Why can't we get him?If the two sides trade not work,maybe we can try a three-way deal.There is always a way to get this guy.I believe he can can take palce of Splitter.

kenson-q
01-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Gortat grab 5 REB in 10 Mins.The game is not finished yet.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-17-2009, 11:09 PM
Did you see Gortat play? He's very good. He will be more than a role player in the future. The Spurs need to set their priorities straight, there's no place for both Parker and Hill in the future, eventually one will go, and something tells me that one is George. I will trade a promising big man for a promising PG everyday of the week. Specially with our situation.

Yes, he's a decent backup on a cheap contract. So why would Orlando give him up?

Wrong. He can and will also play the 2. He'll have plenty of opportunity to develop.

Exactly. Fine in 2007. Today, not so much.

WTF?

Exactly.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Glad to see you guys talking this topic severely.Here I want to explain why we need Gortat.

3.It's possible to trade him.He plays few minutes in magic and his contract will end after this season.He is not so important because of the super man.In some games he can't even get one minute to play.And he plays in a low key.We get picks, due contracts and the rights of signing other players like Splitter.Why can't we get him?If the two sides trade not work,maybe we can try a three-way deal.There is always a way to get this guy.I believe he can can take palce of Splitter.

Nice arguments, but I still don't see the Magic gifting us Gortat, he is not worth Hill, and I doubt he's the piece that makes us better than the Lakers.

DAF86
01-17-2009, 11:14 PM
Yes, he's a decent backup on a cheap contract. So why would Orlando give him up?

'Cause they have Anthony fucking Johnson playing as backup of Nelson that isn't good for a contender. So we could trade Gortat for Hill.

Wrong. He can and will also play the 2. He'll have plenty of opportunity to develop.

When? I don't see that happening with Parker, Mason, Manu and Pop's love for Finley.

Exactly. Fine in 2007. Today, not so much.

Manu and Mason can play point.

kenson-q
01-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Nice arguments, but I still don't see the Magic gifting us Gortat, he is not worth Hill, and I doubt he's the piece that makes us better than the Lakers.
I don't want to lose Hill ,too.I believe Gortat can shorten the distance between Spurs and Lakers.Maybe not better than the Lakers.

kenson-q
01-18-2009, 12:00 AM
Today Gortat played 11 minutes and grab 5 rebounds.Nice rebounder,isn't it?Their
Competitor is Nuggets.Gortat just played the first half.It means that the Magic's coach may not see him as important as we thinks.Isn't it a good chance to take him?

DAF86
01-18-2009, 12:07 AM
Today Gortat played 11 minutes and grab 5 rebounds.Nice rebounder,isn't it?Their
Competitor is Nuggets.Gortat just played the first half.It means that the Magic's coach may not see him as important as we thinks.Isn't it a good chance to take him?

If you don't want to give up Hill, it wouldn't hurt to see if they'd take Vaughn's expiring contract and a second round pick or some cash.

kenson-q
01-18-2009, 12:11 AM
If you don't want to give up Hill, it wouldn't hurt to see if they'd take Vaughn's expiring contract and a second round pick or some cash.
yes,that would be the profect result!

GSH
01-18-2009, 01:28 AM

KillYaoPana

kenson-q
01-18-2009, 02:51 AM
KillYaoPana
YAO played so profect today,haha.

kenson-q
01-18-2009, 07:26 AM
I will notice this guy and make update .

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-18-2009, 06:46 PM
'Cause they have Anthony fucking Johnson playing as backup of Nelson that isn't good for a contender. So we could trade Gortat for Hill.

When? I don't see that happening with Parker, Mason, Manu and Pop's love for Finley.

Manu and Mason can play point.

I'm not blind and have read your points, you don't need to repeat them ad nauseum, it doesn't make them any stronger.

Gortat for Hill I've already addressed - awful trade, not going to happen. And anyway, Anthony Johnson is doing a fine job backing up Jameer.

Finley won't play much, if at all, next year, and Hill will take his minutes.

You need a primary backup for Parker and Hill is perfect. Filling the primary backup role with Mason and Manu is a recipe for disaster if there are any injuries to our 1/2/3.

GatorKid117
01-18-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi guys,

Ever since we played your team I've kinda been checking out your forums regularly because you guys seemed like a nice bunch. So I saw this topic and I thought I'd help you out.

IMO, Gortat has the potential to be a beast. He has great hands, is always in the right position and is a block machine. I don't believe the stats show the whole story. His offensive game is raw but he can finish around the rim at a reasonably well rate and has the potential to knock down a jumper. If given the chance I think he could become a great player. But you know, since we have that big, muscular beast who's name eludes me, he doesnt get that much playing time. When Howard went down he filled in great and had 2 great games against GSW and Utah. He does foul a lot though.

And about the George Hill for Gortat trade, that is actually kinda up in the air. You see, there is no other way to say this but Anthony Johnson is pure GARBAGE. Any lead we have he blows it and can barely stay infront of a parked car. It sucks. I think that trade would help both teams although I don't know how confident you'd feel w/ Vaughn backing up Parker. Anyway, hope this helped in some way. Goodluck the rest of the season.

manufor3
01-18-2009, 08:10 PM
so many people wanting to give up hill for gortat? :lol

kenson-q
01-18-2009, 10:45 PM
so many people wanting to give up hill for gortat? :lol
Actualy I want to use our second round picks and JV to trade him.

kenson-q
01-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Hi guys,

Ever since we played your team I've kinda been checking out your forums regularly because you guys seemed like a nice bunch. So I saw this topic and I thought I'd help you out.

IMO, Gortat has the potential to be a beast. He has great hands, is always in the right position and is a block machine. I don't believe the stats show the whole story. His offensive game is raw but he can finish around the rim at a reasonably well rate and has the potential to knock down a jumper. If given the chance I think he could become a great player. But you know, since we have that big, muscular beast who's name eludes me, he doesnt get that much playing time. When Howard went down he filled in great and had 2 great games against GSW and Utah. He does foul a lot though.

And about the George Hill for Gortat trade, that is actually kinda up in the air. You see, there is no other way to say this but Anthony Johnson is pure GARBAGE. Any lead we have he blows it and can barely stay infront of a parked car. It sucks. I think that trade would help both teams although I don't know how confident you'd feel w/ Vaughn backing up Parker. Anyway, hope this helped in some way. Goodluck the rest of the season.
As a matter of fact,I want to use somebody's signing rights like Splitter or something else like second round picks to trade him.

MI21
01-19-2009, 12:48 AM
Gortat's absolute ceiling is something along the lines of Joel Pryzbilla.

A decent backup who's skill limitations will keep him from ever becoming a 30MPG guy.

DAF86
01-19-2009, 01:20 AM
Hi guys,

Thank you, I that, unlike many Spurs fans that pretend to know sh1t about Gortat just for looking at a stat sheet, saw him play in an actual NBA game (more than just one time) know how good he really is and the potential he has. IMO Hill and Gortat are pretty much the same but at different positions, young players with a very good potential, and given the fact that the Spurs backcourt is full with great player but the frontcourt sucks, I think that a Hill for Gortat trade should be a risk that the FO of this team needs to take.

kenson-q
01-19-2009, 03:03 AM

A decent backup who's skill limitations will keep him from ever becoming a 30MPG guy.
Joel Pryzbilla will be that kind of guys that we need,isn't it?
Because we have got Tim.What we need is a big guy who can get REBS and defend.Gortat will be the guy I believe.

kenson-q
01-19-2009, 03:13 AM
Thank you, I that, unlike many Spurs fans that pretend to know sh1t about Gortat just for looking at a stat sheet, saw him play in an actual NBA game (more than just one time) know how good he really is and the potential he has. IMO Hill and Gortat are pretty much the same but at different positions, young players with a very good potential, and given the fact that the Spurs backcourt is full with great player but the frontcourt sucks, I think that a Hill for Gortat trade should be a risk that the FO of this team needs to take.
Glad to meet you,guy.You are the person who has the same opinion with me.We all appreciate Gortat.Maybe the difference between us is that I want to keep Hill in spurs.Anyway,nice to meet you.

01-19-2009, 04:43 AM
spurs finally found a long term backup point guard and now people here want to trade him?? makes no sense. there's a reason hill was drafted in the preseason. because the spurs badly needed someone to back up tony who can create offense. this issue was more pressing than finding bigs.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-19-2009, 05:44 AM

Exactly. Hill's ceiling is far higher, as is Mahinmi's. People will be surprised by him when he's healthy.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-19-2009, 05:50 AM

I am commenting from watching Gortat in about 5 games this year - don't get me wrong, nice player, but I think George is a more important piece for the medium term future, and I really doubt Orlando would give Marcin up for less. They own the guy, they know how good he is... and he's CHEAP, important in this climate.

spurs finally found a long term backup point guard and now people here want to trade him?? makes no sense. there's a reason hill was drafted in the preseason. because the spurs badly needed someone to back up tony who can create offense. this issue was more pressing than finding bigs.

Exactly. Our dearth of bigs is mostly a function of circumstance - Scola was a mistake, but no-one could see Splitter staying in Europe because of a weak dollar, or Mahinmi tearing an ankle ligament (the first injury was not a sprain, it was a tear, which take 8-16 weeks to get over depending on severity).

The FO will find someone, but I doubt they give up Hill to get it done.

DAF86
01-19-2009, 06:57 AM
Glad to meet you,guy.You are the person who has the same opinion with me.We all appreciate Gortat.Maybe the difference between us is that I want to keep Hill in spurs.Anyway,nice to meet you.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to get rid of Hill either. But we gotta be real. We won't get Gortat for Vaughn, the only reasonable trade asset we could offer to the Magic is Hill, that's why I said it.

Is a lot easier to find talented young guards than talented young pivots. I say trade George for Marcin, play Mason and Manu when Tony need a rest and draft another young PG for next season. We don't need Hill this season so much as we need a good bigman.

kenson-q
01-19-2009, 07:44 AM
Don't get me wrong I don't want to get rid of Hill either. But we gotta be real. We won't get Gortat for Vaughn, the only reasonable trade asset we could offer to the Magic is Hill, that's why I said it.

Is a lot easier to find talented young guards than talented young pivots. I say trade George for Marcin, play Mason and Manu when Tony need a rest and draft another young PG for next season. We don't need Hill this season so much as we need a good bigman.
You are right.I believe no spursfans want to trade Hill.It's really a hard decision for you and me.Maybe we can get an result after the game Magic VS Celtics on Thursday.Because Howard will be absent at that game.It will be a chance to show off the beast's talent.Are you agree with me?Let's see what will happen.I hope he prove it.

kenson-q
01-19-2009, 11:53 PM
DAF86,do you believe what Gatorkidd117 said?

DAF86
01-19-2009, 11:58 PM
DAF86,do you believe what Gatorkidd117 said?

Yep, those who have seen many Magic games know how good that guy is.

kenson-q
01-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Yep, those who have seen many Magic games know how good that guy is.
No,I meaned that he said he could help us.Do you think he can?

GatorKid117
01-20-2009, 12:02 AM

Nice to meet you too. Anyway, if you guys don't believe me just check out the magic forum. Everyone over there loves the guy. I believe he averages ~5.5 blocks per 48 minutes and is high energy as well. Everyone is happy with his contribution to the team. We call him the Warlock haha. Anyway, if you guys have any questions I'll try my best to answer them. I'm no bball expert but I've watched pretty much every Magic game. Good luck in your next game!

DAF86
01-20-2009, 12:04 AM
No,I meaned that he said he could help us.Do you think he can?

Of course, he is just what we need, a young, athletic big guy that can rebound and block and isn't useless in offense.

kenson-q
01-20-2009, 12:07 AM
Nice to meet you too. Anyway, if you guys don't believe me just check out the magic forum. Everyone over there loves the guy. I believe he averages ~5.5 blocks per 48 minutes and is high energy as well. Everyone is happy with his contribution to the team. We call him the Warlock haha. Anyway, if you guys have any questions I'll try my best to answer them. I'm no bball expert but I've watched pretty much every Magic game. Good luck in your next game!
Can you give me a link to Magic forum?I want to take a visit.

kenson-q
01-20-2009, 12:11 AM
You mean you are a super Magicfans?I believe you know Gortat better than me,haha.

GatorKid117
01-20-2009, 12:17 AM
Can you give me a link to Magic forum?I want to take a visit.

http://orlandomagiczone.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/8891029871

There's not many specific threads talking about him; you probably have to search around or ask about him in a new thread. I'm sure they'll rave about him though. It's pretty comical. Its almost like hes a mascot.

Lol I don't know about super but I try my best to watch the games. The trouble is though even when he plays he only plays for a little bit so you can't get a great read on him even though we are almost half way through. But so far I have loved what I've seen. Hopefully we'll retain him next year.

kenson-q
01-20-2009, 10:59 AM
http://orlandomagiczone.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/8891029871

There's not many specific threads talking about him; you probably have to search around or ask about him in a new thread. I'm sure they'll rave about him though. It's pretty comical. Its almost like hes a mascot.

Lol I don't know about super but I try my best to watch the games. The trouble is though even when he plays he only plays for a little bit so you can't get a great read on him even though we are almost half way through. But so far I have loved what I've seen. Hopefully we'll retain him next year.
Next year?Not this year?

koriwhat
01-20-2009, 11:20 AM

GH3 isn't going anywhere! i hope.

2Cleva
01-20-2009, 11:28 AM
1- Gortat would be a nice fit in San Antonio.

2 - SA isn't trading for him.

3 - I put the chances good that the Spurs sign him this summer.

2Cleva
01-20-2009, 11:35 AM
To be honest, I actually heard they will sign him this summer but that's a long ways off and things change.

kenson-q
01-21-2009, 05:20 AM
To be honest, I actually heard they will sign him this summer but that's a long ways off and things change.
You mean this summer in 2009?

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-21-2009, 06:43 AM
Trading Manu and Tony seems to get a bit old-fashioned and now people will start giving Hill and Mason to each and every team in the league for their trash.

Gortat seems to be a decent back-up with low ceiling. Besides Pop will never play him with Duncan, because it clearly won't work. Pop also always wants to have a PG as a back up to Parker so it's a pipe dream if you'd expect him to play Manu or Mason there as part of a settled rotation pattern.

kenson-q
01-22-2009, 08:26 AM
I hope he plays well tomorrow.

DAF86
01-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Trading Manu and Tony seems to get a bit old-fashioned and now people will start giving Hill and Mason to each and every team in the league for their trash.

Gortat seems to be a decent back-up with low ceiling. Besides Pop will never play him with Duncan, because it clearly won't work. Pop also always wants to have a PG as a back up to Parker so it's a pipe dream if you'd expect him to play Manu or Mason there as part of a settled rotation pattern.

Why?

szumi
01-22-2009, 05:27 PM
http://sport.wp.pl/kat,1809,title,Gortat-w-San-Antonio-Spurs,wid,10774526,wiadomosc.htmlA polish website wrote that the Spurs are actually interestet in Marcin and are the favorites to sign him, but after his contract expires with Orlando.

DAF86
01-22-2009, 06:54 PM
http://sport.wp.pl/kat,1809,title,Gortat-w-San-Antonio-Spurs,wid,10774526,wiadomosc.htmlA polish website wrote that the Spurs are actually interestet in Marcin and are the favorites to sign him, but after his contract expires with Orlando.

But that can't be why would Pop sign a guy that he thinks can't play along his franchise player. :rolleyes

kenson-q
01-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Thank you for your news.I like it.

szumi
01-22-2009, 07:24 PM
what do you mean by that?The article doesnt say that.Just that Oberto and Thomas arnt giving enough to support Tim.It says the reason SAS want Gortat is that they think Gortat can take the load from Duncans shoulders in terms of fighting in the paint,but stricly inphsycical meaning.Not that they want him to be the go to guy. So defense and rebounds. Thats what the aticle says.

ohmwrecker
01-22-2009, 07:27 PM
C'mon, man. I saw Gortat play and he is a stiff. Giving up Hill for a slow big is a ridiculous idea. You guys can forget about Vaughan being traded, too. It's not going to happen. The chances of the Spurs making a significant trade are pretty slim. They just don't have anyone that they are willing to trade that would yield a significant return. Much less anything another team could possibly want.

kenson-q
01-22-2009, 07:28 PM
what do you mean by that?The article doesnt say that.Just that Oberto and Thomas arnt giving enough to support Tim.It says the reason SAS want Gortat is that they think Gortat can take the load from Duncans shoulders in terms of fighting in the paint,but stricly inphsycical meaning.Not that they want him to be the go to guy. So defense and rebounds. Thats what the aticle says.
Yes,that's what Gortat can do.He provides Rebs and D.That's enough for Timmy.

szumi
01-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Yeah but we can only get him via free agency.Why would you sacrifice the only decent talent that we draftet since Tony to get a guy who will be a free agent next summer.Don't get me wrong, as a Pole and a Spurs fan since years I would love to have Marcin in silver and black now, but there aren't any logical ways to get him this season. I dont think Magic are so desperate to take JV. Johnson is sucking for them as a secong pg, but please what kind of upgrade jv would be for them?

:flag:

kenson-q
01-22-2009, 09:02 PM
I hope we can sign him this season.But you know,he is a restricted player after this season.

szumi
01-22-2009, 09:09 PM
no he isn't.http://hoopshype.com/salaries/orlando.htm

kenson-q
01-22-2009, 09:14 PM
no he isn't.
no?You can see this.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-09-10

szumi
01-22-2009, 09:28 PM
I really dont know why is he listed as a restrickted FA. I was pretty sure that hes not restrickted and now I'm confused. Thanks for the information.
Here's his official web site:
http://gortat.home.pl/

kenson-q
01-22-2009, 09:40 PM
I really dont know why is he listed as a restrickted FA. I was pretty sure that hes not restrickted and now I'm confused. Thanks for the information.
Here's his official web site:
http://gortat.home.pl/
Thank you for your information,too.

kenson-q
06-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Now you know what I said?

benefactor
06-09-2009, 08:21 AM
I wondered if someone would bump this thread when discussions regarding him became more active. If we can get him for 5 mil a year...I'm all for it.

Here is the other thread about him. Lots of good information and good arguments both for and against us going after him.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124943

2Cleva
06-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Latest on Gortat points to him going to OKC.

benefactor
06-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Latest on Gortat points to him going to OKC.
Last I heard of was the Knicks. Link?

kenson-q
06-09-2009, 08:27 AM
I hope we can be the team.

2Cleva
06-09-2009, 08:40 AM

No link because I didn't read it on a website. We'll see how it play out.

yavozerb
06-09-2009, 08:57 AM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/06082009...dar_173166.htm

Knicks Will Pursue Gortat

With their midlevel exception, the Knicks will search for a defensive center and Orlando's Marcin Gortat is high on their list.

Gortat was drafted by the Suns in 2005 when Mike D'Antoni was their head coach. His draft rights were subsequently traded.

Gortat told the New York Post he would welcome a move to New York.

"I love New York, I can tell you that," Gortat said. "It was the first city I landed when I landed in the states five years ago. I love Coach D'Antoni and I know [Danilo] Gallinari from Europe."

Otis Smith can match any offer, but said he knows it will be a financial challenge to retain Gortat.

"He's got the best job in America, playing behind my best player, playing 8 to 10 minutes," Smith said. "He goes out and does his job and probably has the best work ethic of anyone in the locker room. Can he start for another team? Yeah he can.

"I'll just deal with it and the market will dictate where he goes," Smith added.

2Cleva
06-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Note I mentioned Spur interest in Gortat way before any article was posted on that.

montgod
06-09-2009, 09:14 AM
He is getting a lot of pub lately and rumored to have several teams interested in him. I don't see the Spurs getting into a bidding war for him as well as having to wait on his RFA status.

2Cleva
06-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Not really a bidding war because he's going to get more than MLE and how many teams can give him that?

benefactor
06-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Not really a bidding war because he's going to get more than MLE and how many teams can give him that?
If he is getting the more than the full MLE then some other team can have him. Many here think it's overpaying just giving him 5 million a year.

2Cleva
06-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Centers who can rebound, block shots, and defend always make money.

MarCowMar
06-09-2009, 09:32 AM

++

What's scary is the last Spurs/Suns game I watched he defended Duncan really well too. Can't remember if Duncan was injured but Louis was really taking Duncan out of his comfort zone.

kenson-q
06-09-2009, 09:36 AM
If he is getting the more than the full MLE then some other team can have him. Many here think it's overpaying just giving him 5 million a year.
I believe he worth the MLE.

Indazone
06-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Good player but if all the teams are going after him, it'll drive the price up and he's not worth the money he's going to be able to demand.

benefactor
06-09-2009, 10:16 AM
I believe he worth the MLE.
According to Bruno, a full MLE contract with max raises comes out to around 33 million over 5 years. That seems a bit steep, and this is coming from someone who has argued a lot over the past week or so trying to make a case for us acquiring him. The absolute most I would want to spend would be somewhere in the 4 years/22-23 million range.

Indazone
06-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Bonner has a lot of that MLE. What were they thinking???

rascal
06-09-2009, 11:16 AM

Agree. I would not trade Hill for Gortat. The spurs need a better upgrade on the frontline than Gortat. Manu is the guy you trade for a better big than Gortat.

TDMVPDPOY
06-09-2009, 08:24 PM
is he better than gooden though?

spursfan1000
06-09-2009, 09:02 PM
I doubt that Gortat will come to the Spurs unless we offer him a shit load of money which the Spurs won't do. And why would Gortat want to come to San Antonio? The Magics are in the finals and they have a better future than the Spurs as of right now.

Johnny RIngo
06-10-2009, 02:02 AM
Bonner has a lot of that MLE. What were they thinking???

They weren't thinking. Spurs FO has sucked the past few years.

EricB
06-10-2009, 03:06 AM
That all zeros line he put up tonight was impressive.

TJastal
06-10-2009, 05:06 AM

Your right Gortat is good and all but think about this from the magic's perspective

1. there is no way the magic will let him go for less than MLE type money and..

2. they do not need another combo guard, they just finally got that overcrowded position under control when they shipped out Bogans and Dooling, they aren't going to create another log jam at that position while at the same time thin out their frontcourt.

DPG21920
06-10-2009, 09:16 AM

Weren't you the same guy talking crap about Pietrus and saying David Lee was an excellent shot blocker and jump shooter?

Spurs FO is perfect. If you do not play for the Spurs, you suck and have low basketball IQ.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-10-2009, 09:17 AM

You don't have a lot to do in 4 minutes.

yavozerb
06-10-2009, 09:27 AM
You don't have a lot to do in 4 minutes.

If he was doing anything in those 4 minutes he may have been able to squeeze in a 5th minute :lol. To think this guy is worth mle is a joke.

Chieflion
06-10-2009, 10:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35ii8L5uxkc -A dunk on Dalembert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OID9NAN5AFs - Marcin Gortat fast enough for people who say he is immobile.

This guy is athletc and we could actually have him. Big men do get paid more than small guys for equal amount of production so somewhere around 4 million a year starting is not a stretch.

polandprzem
06-10-2009, 10:59 AM

DUNCAN HAD ZERO TURNOVERS :tu

poop
06-10-2009, 11:21 AM
he would be an EXCELLENT pickup but im not sure why he would want to leave orlando

Mel_13
06-10-2009, 11:53 AM
he would be an EXCELLENT pickup but im not sure why he would want to leave orlando

$$$$

SenorSpur
06-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Looks like the Knicks will likely be his preferred choice.

SenorSpur
06-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Looks like the Knicks could very well be his preferred choice of possible landing spots.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/59668/20090608/knicks_will_pursue_gortat/

Vic Petro
06-10-2009, 12:27 PM
The Hill for Gortat talk is worthless because the guy is a FA. We're not trading Hill for him...maybe we'll throw money at him but he's not worth a full mid level. He's a great body off the bench but the problem with per-48 minute stats is that if the guy actually played 48 minutes those stats would go way down.

By the way I'm a new poster here and it's nice to find a place where people can talk Spurs basketball in an informed and intelligent manner. There's a lot of irrational hatred for this team throughout the country and I've never lived in San Antonio, so it's hard to find a pocket of actual Spurs fans who know what they are talking about.

And KBP is my hero.

benefactor
06-10-2009, 12:49 PM
I don't know why it is even suggested that Orlando could match any offer for him over a couple of million. Take one look at their payroll for next year and you will understand why.

Indazone
06-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Knicks have their radar tuned to Gortat. He'd actually work quite well in D'Antoni's system.

spurspokesman
06-12-2009, 07:37 AM

WTF?

:tu Right tim. We need hill. He can actually play two positions well. Orlando is packed at pg alston. nelson, Johnson, lue. Although gortat has potential.

rayray2k8
06-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Bump fail?
Not sure this guy will solve the spurs problems..

sexinthatsx
06-12-2009, 11:10 PM
I was actually hoping that magic didn't do too well in the post-season so that Gortat wouldn't get too much publicity. Now that Magic are in the finals and he has, it actually reduces our chances of being able to pursue him. I would love gortat on the magic, but like most of the people in this thread, it's probably not going to happen. However, the guy who was talking about Louis Admunson, I think he would be a good fit for the spurs: high energy and pretty good defense.

kenson-q
06-14-2009, 05:11 AM
I was actually hoping that magic didn't do too well in the post-season so that Gortat wouldn't get too much publicity. Now that Magic are in the finals and he has, it actually reduces our chances of being able to pursue him. I would love gortat on the magic, but like most of the people in this thread, it's probably not going to happen. However, the guy who was talking about Louis Admunson, I think he would be a good fit for the spurs: high energy and pretty good defense.
I think you are right.I hope we can take him anyway.

Muser
06-14-2009, 06:30 AM
Gortat would be good, but he's not gonna take the Spurs over the top like many claim.

kenson-q
06-23-2009, 07:38 PM
OK,let's take him.He will be the man after RJ comes here.What we need is a big man who can grab rebounds and make blocks.

benefactor
06-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Money is now a major issue. I seriously doubt we can pay what he wants.

GSH
06-23-2009, 10:22 PM
I read a comment by Gortat's agent that he would be very interested in playing in Europe. He obviously thinks he can get more money (net) from a Euro team. But I think a lot of these guys don't like the 82 game season. Why work that hard, when you can play 30 games for the sameor more, money?

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Gortat is going to get overpaid this summer. Forget about it.

superbigtime
06-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Overrated.

Manufan909
06-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Is Admunson an FA?

DAF86
06-25-2009, 11:35 PM

I know that with Manu's injury we didn't stand a chance but that trade would have made us a lot better last season.