SequSpur
01-16-2009, 11:32 PM
bonner, oberto, thomas and croshere?

come on...

underdawg
01-17-2009, 02:05 AM
bonner, oberto, thomas and croshere?

come on...

sorry dude, but tough times are tough times. Spurs need to light up the building and electricity is expensive - Oberto, Bonner and Croshere glow pretty darn well and that should save about half of the bill right there.

BlackSwordsMan
01-17-2009, 02:12 AM
bad economy bud

m33p0
01-17-2009, 04:58 AM
sorry dude, but tough times are tough times. Spurs need to light up the building and electricity is expensive - Oberto, Bonner and Croshere glow pretty darn well and that should save about half of the bill right there.
bonner alone can do the job of the other two. he's soooo pasty white. :lol

z0sa
01-17-2009, 05:38 AM
Dunno where the problem is with Bonner ... its January and he's continually showing improvement. I still think he's going to hit a stronger stride late in the season, much like I'm confident the Spurs overall will, and that's when those who aren't sold on him yet will be glad we held on to him.

Kurt Thomas will be fine, and has actually pleasantly surprised me the last few games. We're about halfway through the season, and it's apparent he's starting to get his legs under him. That jumpshot from the baseline/top of the circle is making a comeback as well.

Now, one person who has me potentially discouraged is Fabricio Oberto. The guy was a key component in our 2007 run, a bit like Nazr in 2005... the difference between those two being Nazr was excellent at hounding the boards and getting put backs, while playing decent on the defensive end (let's not forget Horry was still great back then); while Oberto is a much better playmaker with his passing and position defense. Lately however, Oberto's constant injury worries, especially his heart condition and its frightening nature of popping up randomly, is what worries me most. Now if he can stay healthy and regain 2007 form, we're stronger at the big man spot than what you might think.

Ian Mahinmi, we all know the story. The jury is still out and will be for another season most likely. However, in actuality if we see past this season to next, this could be good for him to go through. The more trials he faces before he plays a serious NBA game, the better IMO, and by serious I mean no more visits to Austin - on the roster and ready to come out and give it his all every night. When he shows up to play, we need him to show up big.

I have a prediction: the Spurs will not make a major trade for a big man this season, unless its for Bonner (which would hurt me deeply). The reason is the aforementioned man, Ian Mahinmi. There's no reason to let go of Bonner, who's finally excelling in the system and is a matchup nightmare for our biggest playoff rivals, for a big man with a skillset we already possess in Ian. He's young, athletic, and capable on both ends. The injury problems happen - it won't be a long time from now, though it seems it, when I'm positive he'll be playing and doing good things for us, potentially great. I'm feeling he could be more firepower on both ends next season, which is good enough for me.

Austin Croshere gets an honorable mention for his effort tonight, but I dunno if he lasts in a Spurs uniform.

mookie2001
11-14-2009, 11:51 AM
sorry senor