PDA

View Full Version : any news about ian, gist, or splitter?

thOOdee
01-17-2009, 01:37 AM
is there any current new about these players? COME ON PEOPLE, I NEED TO LOOK AT THE BRIGHT SIDE OF SOMETHING! we need some bigs and I don't think an old vet averaging around 3 pts a game along with a scola lite is going to do it.

m33p0
01-17-2009, 01:40 AM
ian - still recovering.
gist - europe. will be back next season
tiago - europe. hopefully next season. probably 2 years more.

in other words, nothing has changed.

angelbelow
01-17-2009, 01:46 AM
ian - still recovering.

lol

PuttPutt
01-17-2009, 02:09 AM
Stop wishing, they will never play in a Spurs jersey... MOVE ON!

Exactly. If it hapens it happens, just don't get tour hopes up too high anytime soon.

underdawg
01-17-2009, 02:13 AM
ian - still recovering.

what about James White?

Manufan909
01-17-2009, 02:50 AM
JAMES WHITE!!!

Jk, but seriously, does anyone believe Ian hasn't gotten that opinion yet? The real question becomes why the FO has released no information. Maybe it's bad, and they don't feel like putting out more crap news about Ian.

m33p0
01-17-2009, 03:34 AM
what about James White?
still writing his blog, i suppose.

Austin_Toros
01-17-2009, 05:03 AM
COME ON PEOPLE, I NEED TO LOOK AT THE BRIGHT SIDE OF SOMETHING!

This topic isn't really something with much of a bright side. Think about it...

Mahinmi is riddled with injury, we've had him for about 4 years. When will he play? Not for ages.
Gist isn't ready to play in the NBA and may be forgotten about playing for another country...
Splitter will just chase money and may never even play for us. I'll sum him up in one word: BUST!

But just for you, on the bright side...um, well... I'm all out. :(

EricB
01-17-2009, 05:13 AM
Splitter will just chase money and may never even play for us. I'll sum him up in one word: BUST!

You need to learn the definition of the word bust.

Chieflion
01-17-2009, 06:38 AM
No news is good news.

Penya
01-17-2009, 06:57 AM
Splitter scored 24 last Sunday, and he's improving his off. movements day by day. He WILL be in SA in 2010 if Pop and RC want him there.

Ditty
01-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Splitter scored 24 last Sunday, and he's improving his off. movements day by day. He WILL be in SA in 2010 if Pop and RC want him there.

i cant wait till gist comes

splitter will most likely be traded for a draft pick

wildbill2u
01-17-2009, 01:42 PM
what about James White?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _!

Austin_Toros
01-17-2009, 05:37 PM
You need to learn the definition of the word bust.

BUST:
1. woman’s breasts: a woman’s breasts, or the measurement around this part of her upper body
2. US failure: somebody or something that fails completely (informal) The plan seemed perfect in theory, but it was a bust in reality.

:wow

EricB
01-17-2009, 05:38 PM
He isn't a failure. Again, you need to relearn what bust means.

Shastafarian
01-17-2009, 05:38 PM
How can someone fail at something they haven't tried?

EricB
01-17-2009, 05:39 PM

:lol They want him here now damnt

EricB
01-17-2009, 05:40 PM
How can someone fail at something they haven't tried?

Exactly. Now if this was year 3 or 4 of him being on the big league team and him doing nothing? THEN I'd understand. But no Mahinmi is not a bust.

Austin_Toros
01-17-2009, 05:40 PM
He isn't a failure. Again, you need to relearn what bust means.

at least I learnt the meaning... give me SOME credit

Brutalis
01-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Ian is a dud, we need to trade him.

Splitter will never be in the NBA, especially for the Spurs.

Gist has a great shot at being here next season.

What about Scola?

thOOdee
01-17-2009, 06:23 PM
scola lite= oberto. after looking at more highlights i see alot of potential in splitter. He better not pussy out and stay over seas. Him along with gist and we would def. be back on top.

Joe Schmoogins
01-17-2009, 06:57 PM
My guess/hope (entirely supported with zero facts, evidence, or insider news) is that Splitter will be a Spur in 2010 unless used in a trade... Gist will be a Spur next season... and Mahinmi will be ready to after the all-star break and will be given spot minutes to see what he's got, but will be challenged to make the rotation due to his conditioning and late season arrival.

angelbelow
01-17-2009, 07:10 PM

What about Scola?

i was pretty pissed off about the whole splitter situation. since i live in LA i was taunted heavily when the spurs lost. and the only thing that kept positive was the fact that we would be able to reload because we had cap flexibility, that we would get a good rookie because the draft class was deep, and tiago splitter coming over.

when splitter didnt pan out i really became upset. but half a year later, i must admit that i hope he still comes. hes still an interesting prospect and he would still be a big contributor if he came over. so hopefully he ends up coming over for us..

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-17-2009, 07:12 PM

What about Scola?

Please explain.

The guy is 22 with great physical ability, exactly what we need in a potential rebounder/shot-blocker athletic big, but has had bad luck with his ankles. How does that make him a dud?

z0sa
01-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Ian Mahinmi, we all know the story. The jury is still out and will be for another season most likely. However, in actuality if we see past this season to next, this could be good for him to go through. The more trials he faces before he plays a serious NBA game, the better IMO, and by serious I mean no more visits to Austin - on the roster and ready to come out and give it his all every night. When he shows up to play, we need him to show up big.

I have a prediction: the Spurs will not make a major trade for a big man this season, unless its for Bonner (which would hurt me deeply). The reason is the aforementioned man, Ian Mahinmi. There's no reason to let go of Bonner, who's finally excelling in the system and is a matchup nightmare for our biggest playoff rivals, for a big man with a skillset we already possess in Ian. He's young, athletic, and capable on both ends. The injury problems happen - it won't be a long time from now, though it seems it, when I'm positive he'll be playing and doing good things for us, potentially great. I'm feeling he could be more firepower on both ends next season, which is good enough for me.

Penya
01-17-2009, 09:56 PM
:lol They want him here now damnt

It isn't so easy.
Last summer, his sister was very ill and he wanted to settle in Vitoria, he didn't want changes in his life and he resigned 2+2 years, asking for a chance to go to NBA.
He said that his dream was to play in NBA -in San Antonio. We must be patient, I think that his arrival in 2010 will benefit the team.

GSH
01-18-2009, 01:58 AM
Please explain.

The guy is 22 with great physical ability, exactly what we need in a potential rebounder/shot-blocker athletic big, but has had bad luck with his ankles. How does that make him a dud?

To me he's sort of like Windows Vista. I keep hearing that it's a great product. Maybe it still has a few problems, and it's a little crippled up. But soon, very soon, everybody is going to want it. Really. We mean it. Everybody. Seriously dude, forget about that old stuff. Besides, you've already paid for it... why not use it?

yavozerb
01-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Not sure if anybody posted Splitter #'s for this year yet.
In 9 euroleague games here are his averages: 15 pts,5 rebounds,1.8 blocked shots, only 23 minutes a game. This kid as actually worth waiting on and should be a great addition in 2010.

djohn14
01-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Does anybody know what team Gist plays for?

tomtom
01-18-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm pretty excited for next season, on paper we should be bringing in Gist and Hairston and I suppose possibly Mahinmi but regardless, I can't wait to see them in silver and black

Penya
01-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Does anybody know what team Gist plays for?

Angelico Biella.

http://195.56.77.208/player/?id=GIS-JAM-86&year=2008&team=1156