PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul ejected for talking to friends courtside ....

BRHornet45
01-17-2009, 05:11 AM
more proof of the NBA's home team favoritism. The Hornets didn't play their best ball by far. no excuses as far as that goes ... but the refs made damn sure to stop any momentum they had ....

"Paul explained he was talking to friends sitting courtside when he got thrown out.

“It’s funny,” he said. “I’m here in Cleveland a lot all summer. The two guys sitting courtside are two guys I’m with pretty often. They asked me what happened. I said, ‘They called an offensive foul, ain’t that a trip?’ The referee heard me tell them that and he threw me out. I ain’t got no reason to lie. I didn’t say any curse words, but I got ejected. Do you think that’s a reason to get ejected from a game?”"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AjLAD2zznjhgakEZOzgXfa45nYcB?gid=200901 1605&prov=ap

Austin_Toros
01-17-2009, 05:32 AM
anybody recall the game where TD was ejected for laughing?
this sounds just as dumb!

timvp
01-17-2009, 05:51 AM
They asked me what happened. I said, ‘They called an offensive foul, ain’t that a trip?’ The referee heard me tell them that and he threw me out. I ain’t got no reason to lie.:rolleyes

This is the same guy who said he didn't punch Julius Hodge.

urunobili
01-17-2009, 06:06 AM
Karma is a bitch...

KidCongo
01-17-2009, 06:18 AM
I'd hate to be ejected in the last minute down by 8 too.

Holmes_Fans
01-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Meh he had probably been bitching all game to the refs and that was the final time the ref would take it even if indirectly

Thunder Dan
01-17-2009, 11:57 AM
it's Lebron's agent's dad Otis

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/01/windhorst_beat_blog_cavs_vs_ho.html

• Let me introduce you to Otis Carter, the father of LeBron's business partner Maverick Carter. LeBron calls him an uncle. I personally have known Otis for about 12 years and everybody around The Q knows him. These days he drives LeBron around and chats people up. He is really known for talking trash to players from his courtside seats. When LeBron was a rookie he was running smack at Paul Pierce and it got Pierce mad and he scored 40 on the Cavs, staring over at Otis after about every basket. A few years ago he got thrown out of a game by an official here in Cleveland. Then there was the night in L.A. when he got seats next to Denzel Washington and talked his ear off the whole game.

Well, put another one in the Otis file tonight, he helped get Chris Paul tossed from the game. Paul, who didn't seem that into the contest if you ask me, got called for an offensive foul late. Of course CP3 knows Otis, he's buddies with LeBron plus, well, everybody knows Otis. So Paul looks over at "Ottie" (as he calls him) and says: "They called an offensive foul, ain't that a trip?" One of the officials heard it, gave Paul a second technical, and he was ejected for the first time in his career.

I think the officials were looking to toss Paul tonight, but that is my own personal opinion. They were screwing with him a bit, especially Steve Javie.

Obstructed_View
01-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Chris Paul needs to go back and watch a recording of his behavior in games. Perhaps when he sees what a petulant whining scowling douchebag he is he might wonder why he doesn't get ejected more often than he does.

Indazone
01-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Eerily reminicent of Tim Duncan getting tossed for laughing. Who was the ref?

shelshor
01-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Chris Paul needs to go back and watch a recording of his behavior in games. Perhaps when he sees what a petulant whining scowling douchebag he is he might wonder why he doesn't get ejected more often than he does.

That would require a level of self-examination that C3PO just doesn't have

daslicer
01-17-2009, 12:45 PM
:rolleyes

This is the same guy who said he didn't punch Julius Hodge.

Exactly its hard to believe this guy is innocent considering he's a chronic liar.

ElNono
01-17-2009, 12:47 PM
That should have read: "I shoved him off with my elbow, and they actually called it. Ain't that a trip?"...

JamStone
01-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Rasheed got a technical for staring once.

hater
01-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Where was that stupid ass friend when Spurs were in NO?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2009, 01:21 PM
This guy is really turning into an arrogant douche bag.

Thunder Dan
01-17-2009, 02:41 PM
I don't understand why they mention Chris Paul in the same sentence as Kobe, Lebron and Wade. I don't think I've ever seen him do anything that made me really think he was great- I can't say that about the other 3, those guys basically do it every night. I've watched like 10 New Orleans games this year and he didn't do anything in any of them that would make me think he is a MVP type player

JamStone
01-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Wow. One thing to say he's a douchebag, which he can be. But, to think Chris Paul isn't that great? He might not be as great as LeBron, Kobe, and Wade. But he's not that far off. Yes, he's an asshole on the court. But, he's still the best point guard in the league and a top 7 or top 8 player overall.

ploto
01-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Exactly its hard to believe this guy is innocent considering he's a chronic liar.

Did you even read the article about who the guy is- and that was from a Cleveland source.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Agreed JamStone, can't criticize his game, just his character and demeanor.

balli
01-17-2009, 02:59 PM
I don't understand why they mention Chris Paul in the same sentence as Kobe, Lebron and Wade. I don't think I've ever seen him do anything that made me really think he was great- I can't say that about the other 3, those guys basically do it every night. I've watched like 10 New Orleans games this year and he didn't do anything in any of them that would make me think he is a MVP type player

Man, I loathe Chris Paul. Loathe him. And NOH isn't really a team that I watch too much. And I've never once sat down and watched an entire game in which Chris Paul just flat out dominated. (Usually because Deron's owning him).

But all that aside, just looking at his box score numbers every morning, it's pretty hard to argue against Chris Paul as an uber elite player. His defense is pathetic, but offensively he's giving them so much production, it isn't even funny. And what really separates him, is that he doesn't turn the ball over. It just doesn't happen. So like I said, I hate the guy, but fuck, you can't argue against him as a player.

ploto
01-17-2009, 03:11 PM
CP3- Second fastest to 2500 assists- 258 games

Lp26
01-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Rasheed got a technical for staring once.

That was great. I don't even remember it being like an angry stare. It was just random.

ElNono
01-17-2009, 05:30 PM

You need to watch more NOH games then... the guy is an assist machine. One guy you can definitely say makes his teammates better. I mean, he resurrected Tyson Chandler's career pretty much on his own.

Obstructed_View
01-18-2009, 01:52 AM
Few hate Chris Paul as much as I do, but only a complete moron thinks he isn't a great player. Oh yeah...

Findog
01-18-2009, 02:30 AM
Few hate Chris Paul as much as I do, but only a complete moron thinks he isn't a great player. Oh yeah...

Agreed. I cannot fucking stand the little bitch, but I respect the fact that he is one of the top 5-9 players in the league.

Findog
01-18-2009, 02:31 AM
You need to watch more NOH games then... the guy is an assist machine. One guy you can definitely say makes his teammates better. I mean, he resurrected Tyson Chandler's career pretty much on his own.

The Dallas Mavericks beg to differ. He destroyed them the other night.

Smackie Chan
01-18-2009, 04:15 AM
It's not ok to talk to someone during a Game but its alright if you want to bet on a game your officiating?

http://thevoiceforschoolchoice.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/pot-and-kettle1.jpg

IronMexican
01-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Insecure Cav fans trying to play down how great of a player CP3 is.

ducks
01-18-2009, 11:09 AM
cp3 is causing hornets to underachieve this season
he is good but he is starting to destroy their chemsitry
and they miss pargo

naico
01-18-2009, 11:30 AM
I don't respect him as a person, don't respect him as a player, i only respect him as a talent.

NIH
01-18-2009, 01:46 PM
cp3 is causing hornets to underachieve this season
he is good but he is starting to destroy their chemsitry
and they miss pargo

And where do you get that from? :lol

As much as the underachieve tag gets thrown on our team we have a better record at this point in the season this year than we did last year.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
01-18-2009, 02:15 PM
more proof of the NBA's home team favoritism. The Hornets didn't play their best ball by far. no excuses as far as that goes ... but the refs made damn sure to stop any momentum they had ....

"Paul explained he was talking to friends sitting courtside when he got thrown out.

“It’s funny,” he said. “I’m here in Cleveland a lot all summer. The two guys sitting courtside are two guys I’m with pretty often. They asked me what happened. I said, ‘They called an offensive foul, ain’t that a trip?’ The referee heard me tell them that and he threw me out. I ain’t got no reason to lie. I didn’t say any curse words, but I got ejected. Do you think that’s a reason to get ejected from a game?”"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AjLAD2zznjhgakEZOzgXfa45nYcB?gid=200901 1605&prov=ap

who is that in your sig?

BRHornet45
01-18-2009, 02:42 PM
who is that in your sig?

son its Gina Carano ... and yes she is a full grown beast.

LMAO at these morons saying Paul is ruining the Hornets. Paul keeps this team together and is the reason why we compete. Some of you Spurs fans need to quit hugging the nuts of Jannero Pargo. is he missed this year? of course, but he was RARELY a game changer for us. Pargo was either on or off (and more so off) .... he shined during a couple of games against the Spurs last year so I can see why a lot of you would think he was "great" and a big loss for us this year... but trust me, Pargo fucked up more than he did good. For every good game he had, he would have 4 bad games.

ducks
01-18-2009, 02:46 PM
And where do you get that from? :lol

As much as the underachieve tag gets thrown on our team we have a better record at this point in the season this year than we did last year.

they miss pargo running the backup point guard
the reason they got rid of him
cp3 he wanted him gone
read it online
cp3 and pargo did not get long
cp3 is startign to be a real cancer
he may turn out to be a marburray but with more talent then marbarry

BRHornet45
01-18-2009, 02:49 PM
they miss pargo running the backup point guard
the reason they got rid of him
cp3 he wanted him gone
read it online
cp3 and pargo did not get long
cp3 is startign to be a real cancer
he may turn out to be a marburray but with more talent then marbarry

son you are a true ass clown cuckold sissy. quit making shit up because you hate CP3 .... he may be a dick on the court at times, but news flash for you .... damn near EVERY NBA star is a dick on the court. they all talk shit. Paul is one of the nicest guys in the NBA off the court.

ducks
01-18-2009, 04:48 PM
I do not hate cp3
I think he and tp are the 2 best point guards

hill is making tp better
spurs never had a backup
cp3 needs a better backup to be better

have you talked to paul off the court?

BRHornet45
01-18-2009, 05:21 PM
I do not hate cp3
I think he and tp are the 2 best point guards

hill is making tp better
spurs never had a backup
cp3 needs a better backup to be better

have you talked to paul off the court?

yes son he is my best friend.

Obstructed_View
01-18-2009, 11:42 PM
son its Gina Carano ... and yes she is a full grown beast.

I wonder if she's related to the guy who was Danny White's backup for the Cowboys back in the day. Or maybe she is the guy who was Danny White's backup; she looks pretty butch.

DaDakota
01-18-2009, 11:48 PM
CP3 is a jerk.

DD

BRHornet45
01-19-2009, 01:50 AM
I wonder if she's related to the guy who was Danny White's backup for the Cowboys back in the day. Or maybe she is the guy who was Danny White's backup; she looks pretty butch.

LOL good memory son. that is her dad.... but Gina is fine. your a fool for saying she looks butch son. god bless

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gina_Carano

timvp
01-19-2009, 02:16 AM
Gina Carano Nude Gallery (http://tinyurl.com/7w8ete)

z0sa
01-19-2009, 12:29 PM
LOL good memory son. that is her dad.... but Gina is fine. your a fool for saying she looks butch son. god bless

As the "face" of Women's MMA, she sure do got a pretty mouth ...

Thunder Dan
01-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Man, I loathe Chris Paul. Loathe him. And NOH isn't really a team that I watch too much. And I've never once sat down and watched an entire game in which Chris Paul just flat out dominated. (Usually because Deron's owning him).

But all that aside, just looking at his box score numbers every morning, it's pretty hard to argue against Chris Paul as an uber elite player. His defense is pathetic, but offensively he's giving them so much production, it isn't even funny. And what really separates him, is that he doesn't turn the ball over. It just doesn't happen. So like I said, I hate the guy, but fuck, you can't argue against him as a player.

I'm not saying he isn't good- I'm just saying he shouldn't be in MVP talk when Kobe, DWade and Lebron are in the same league. Those 3 are the only 'great' players in the league right now IMO- maybe Duncan as well. There are tons of very good players which I think Paul fits into. I think both Paul and Dwight Howard teeder on the edge of being great. I could be totally wrong, but I just don't watch him and long for him being on my team. I watch Dwayne Wade and am amazed at his game- not so much with Paul

BRHornet45
01-19-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm not saying he isn't good- I'm just saying he shouldn't be in MVP talk when Kobe, DWade and Lebron are in the same league. Those 3 are the only 'great' players in the league right now IMO- maybe Duncan as well. There are tons of very good players which I think Paul fits into. I think both Paul and Dwight Howard teeder on the edge of being great. I could be totally wrong, but I just don't watch him and long for him being on my team. I watch Dwayne Wade and am amazed at his game- not so much with Paul

LOL you are a fucking moron son. Paul only averages 21 points and 12 assist per game.

Sec24Row7
01-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Wow. One thing to say he's a douchebag, which he can be. But, to think Chris Paul isn't that great? He might not be as great as LeBron, Kobe, and Wade. But he's not that far off. Yes, he's an asshole on the court. But, he's still the best point guard in the league and a top 7 or top 8 player overall.

Paul is probably next to Lebron the best player in the league right now.

Thunder Dan
01-19-2009, 06:19 PM
LOL you are a fucking moron son. Paul only averages 21 points and 12 assist per game.

So what? He is maybe the 6th or 7th best player in the league, why am I a moron for pointing that out

I'd go
1A)Kobe
1B) Lebron
3) Wade
4) Duncan
5) Howard
6) Bosh
7) Paul

Reck
01-19-2009, 06:20 PM
And he just made a clutch 3 to win the game against the Pacers.

Thunder Dan
01-19-2009, 06:27 PM
And he just made a clutch 3 to win the game against the Pacers.

good for him. Those Pacers are really making a championship run. They are really tough to beat when they play on the road.

Killakobe81
01-19-2009, 10:30 PM

Again, I agree with Jamstone.
A trash-talking little shit but best point gaurd day in day out ...but I would argue that for my team I would rather have DWILL if healthy ...either way he is a top 2 PG and top 10 ALL NBA caliber player ...

Biggems
01-19-2009, 11:19 PM

who is that woman in your sig....she looks familiar....is she an actress?

Obstructed_View
01-20-2009, 04:13 AM

You put the gif up, not me. She's got the chin and jaw of a superhero.

DarkReign
01-20-2009, 09:46 AM
I ain’t got no reason to lie.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/facepalm_statue.jpg