PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: Croshere, Hill And A Bunch Of Fatties

duncan228
01-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Croshere, Hill and a bunch of fatties (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/01/croshere-hill-a.html)
By Jeff McDonald

CHICAGO -- Just watched one of the weirdest pre-game workouts in the history of the NBA.

New Spurs forward Austin Croshere was out on the floor here at the United Center, running through the team's offense with a group that included rookie point guard George Hill, assistant coaches Chad Forcier and Chip Engelland, and video coordinator James Borrego.

Not far away, a bunch of fat guys danced to The Romantics' "What I Like About You."

For laughs, the Bulls have put together a fat-guy dance squad -- let's call them the "Unbeara-Bulls." They were warming up at about the same time Croshere was learning the intricacies of "fist" and "four-down." One of them nearly sashayed into Hill near midcourt.

Needless to say, this was not the best of learning environments. For Croshere, it had to pass for a classroom Saturday night.

Signed to a 10-day contract Friday, Croshere is in the midst of quite a crash course in Spurs 101.

"There are some minor differences, but it's still just basketball," Croshere said after the worokout."The key is just to try to pick up what they're doing as quickly as I can."

Russ
01-17-2009, 09:53 PM
"The key is just to try to pick up what they're doing as quickly as I can."

The Full Monty??:wow