PDA

View Full Version : Monroe: The Truth Bout T-Mac: One Man’s View

duncan228
01-17-2009, 11:38 PM
The truth bout T-Mac: one man’s view (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/The_truth_bout_T-Mac_one_mans_view.html)
Mike Monroe - Express-News

I was in Houston the day Tracy McGrady decided to shut things down for a while so he could get back in shape. I sat in the front row at an impromptu news conference where the Rockets’ scoring star took umbrage at suggestions he was either “washed up” or not giving an honest effort.

He promised to work hard to restore his conditioning and get back to being an All-NBA player.

Then David Aldridge, as plugged-in as any NBA reporter I’ve ever known, penned a column on NBA.com that asserted that McGrady and Yao Ming no longer speak, and that Yao wants McGrady to be traded.

Yao’s response to the “they don’t speak” claim was to tell the Houston Chronicle: “This (news) is fake.”

He did not exactly shoot down suggestions he would prefer McGrady be gone.

Here is what I know: Some within the Rockets’ locker room believe McGrady lacks the requisite competitive drive that separates great players from good, winners from losers.

I once watched McGrady score 13 points in 33 seconds to beat the Spurs, as amazing an individual feat as I’ve seen. That’s why it is so hard to comprehend the truth that dogs his career: No team for which he’s played has won a playoff series.

It can’t be coincidence, and for this reason alone, I believe those who whisper that Yao, who aches for playoff success, wants him gone.

Rogue
01-18-2009, 02:07 AM
I'm afraid morey would stop tolerating him before he decides to come back.

Tmac hadn't stayed in a team for over 4 seasons before he joined rockets, but this motherf***er has wasted 4 full seasons in houston and is still poisoning this team.

I wish morey to trade this motherf***er as soon as possible, before it gets too late.

It's tmac's last walk:

http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp180/killlogan/-1-1.jpg
before being excuted

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-18-2009, 10:20 PM
His body is breaking down, despite the gaudy numbers he doesn't make his teams better... I'd ship him now while they can get anything for him.

baseline bum
01-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Did Monroe accidentally delete the other half of his article?

caribbean_spur
01-18-2009, 10:59 PM
Did Monroe accidentally delete the other half of his article?

:rollin I was wondering the same thing.

baseline bum
01-18-2009, 11:38 PM
This sentence is full of win:

It can’t be coincidence, and for this reason alone, I believe those who whisper that Yao, who aches for playoff success, wants him gone.