PDA

View Full Version : Kobe=Choke artist

duncan2k5
03-01-2005, 03:01 AM
so far this season. ive seen him fold over many times with bad decisions and turnovers and plain old missed shots in crunch time...i guess it was shaq :lol

Al Sharpton
03-01-2005, 03:19 AM
Why do white folks always want to choke something?

ShoogarBear
03-01-2005, 05:59 AM
Gotta disagree. Did you see that shot he hit to send the game into OT?

Kaster
03-01-2005, 06:22 AM
so far this season. ive seen him fold over many times with bad decisions and turnovers and plain old missed shots in crunch time...i guess it was shaq :lol

Thank god you were banned from LG. You really aren't that smart, and LG is full of idiots.

Rummpd
03-01-2005, 06:41 AM
I agree = even Jordan did not hit all his potential game winners. I do not like Kobe as a person but would be very careful about ever dissing his game = one of top 3-5 shooting guards ever.

Right now in the NBA the single player I would still hate to take the final shot against the Spurs would be Kobe (with Wade and McCrady perhaps right behind him). Kobe has the balls to take the shot and the skill.

Walton Buys Off Me
03-01-2005, 07:27 AM
Easily the most clutch player in the NBA- easily.

You wouldn't see Kobe Bryant's nuts shrivel up the way Manu's did last night.....

Rummpd
03-01-2005, 07:38 AM
That also deserves a reponse. Manu is easily among the select group of the most clutch players in the NBA or world. He is seemingly always coming on in the 4th. He just had a rare off night on the line. Without him Spurs not even there.

fonzy16
03-01-2005, 10:42 AM
That also deserves a reponse. Manu is easily among the select group of the most clutch players in the NBA or world. He is seemingly always coming on in the 4th. He just had a rare off night on the line. Without him Spurs not even there.

totaly agree with you. Altough manu is not top5 shoter or scorer, he is top go to guy for close games. his done it in euro, olympisc world championship and nba.

BigVee
03-01-2005, 10:47 AM
And, if you were watching, those misses were in-n-outs by a hair. It is not like he went up there and choked. He didn't short arm, just barely missed. To say he gagged is completely wrong.

waly.mg
03-01-2005, 10:49 AM
The Guy how never have the ball in his Hands or Shoot in the Clutch will never make mistakes

kskonn
03-01-2005, 10:55 AM
I saw the replay of the game last night where Kobe failed to get a shot off. After watching the replay that has to be on walton not on Kobe. Actually come to think of it passing to Walton is not the smartest move in the world, but none the less Kobe penetrated passed him the ball 5 feet from the rim and Luke freaked out and did everything he could to get the ball out of his hands.

waly.mg
03-01-2005, 12:03 PM
Kobe always is calling all the balls for Him
If he want it, he take it

Medvedenko
03-01-2005, 12:54 PM
Kobe's clutch....like we say...you don't take the big shots...you can't miss or make the big shots...Kobe still averages more points per 4th quarter than anyone else in the L. I guess he doesn't hit buzzer beaters every game...the thing is this...a lot of clutch play has to do with team defense and execution, not 1 guy all of the time.

duncan2k5
03-01-2005, 01:30 PM
You guys hating on my post didnt read it too well. i said THIS SEASON!!!!!!!!!! and that shot to send it to overtime would have been clutch if they had won. he didnt do anything to prove his clutchness THIS SEASON. if this was my first season watching the nba i would have never thought him a clutch player. and when did i knock his skills as a SG? plz dont reply with ignorance. read the post. dont be mad he choked again. and just because he averages the most points in the 4th dont make him clutch. he does more of that scoring early in the 4th and i know that for a fact. at the end of games he gets a lotta turnovers and makes dumb decisions. and at the end of game is crunch time and when ppl are considered clutch. i remember many games this season...at least 3 when he didnt score a fg in the last couple minutes of the 4th. he takes stupid threes and forces passes. he aint clutch this season. accept it.

duncan2k5
03-01-2005, 01:31 PM
Easily the most clutch player in the NBA- easily.

You wouldn't see Kobe Bryant's nuts shrivel up the way Manu's did last night.....Ive seen manu hit clutch freethrows and ive seen kobe mis clutch freethrows. whats your point?

duncan2k5
03-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Thank god you were banned from LG. You really aren't that smart, and LG is full of idiots.

just because you dont share the same opinion as i doesn't mean im not smart. get a clue. he aint clutch this season. its obvious

Medvedenko
03-01-2005, 02:02 PM
This is first season you watched the NBA...nuff said....have you watched every Laker game....man you're a dunce....read my most recent post....that's sums it up.

timvp
03-01-2005, 02:03 PM
if this was my first season

There's a keyword in there somewhere.

smeagol
03-01-2005, 02:08 PM
LG is full of idiots.
Amen brother!

duncan2k5
03-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Thanks you timvp. they dont even read posts. they just get the gist of things and post nonsense. and i made a statement ad gave my reasoning for it and all you have to say is "man you're a dunce"...BRILLIANT!!!!!!!! at least the dunce can read

Medvedenko
03-01-2005, 04:40 PM
You have your opinion...I have my own. Yes, I didn't read your post, and made a mistake in semantics...it doesn't matter anyways.

SequSpur
03-01-2005, 07:41 PM
NBA Forum.

Kaster
03-02-2005, 01:56 AM
just because you dont share the same opinion as i doesn't mean im not smart. get a clue. he aint clutch this season. its obvious

You wouldn't know, you don't watch the Lakers and don't have League Pass.

iminlakerland
03-02-2005, 03:33 AM
How many times this season has Kobe Bryant gotten the ball with the shot clock running down? How many times do his teammates pass up the shot when they can take it and pass to kobe? How many times this season has kobe had to bail out his teammates? Need i say more.

waly.mg
03-02-2005, 10:31 AM
I do not believe that Manu is a Clutch player, but Manu maintains his numbers and percentage in the clutch, and some players not

Ishta
03-02-2005, 10:40 AM
When a game is on the line... Just give it to Tim... I am pleased to see Kobe having such a "great" season. His personal life doesn't look to good right now either :elephant .

slayermin
03-02-2005, 10:46 AM
I think Manu missed free throws down the stretch because he was spent. He single handedly put the Cavs in the penalty and the fouls he takes are extremely physical. Did you see that foul when Ilgauskas cracked him in the head? That has to take a toll. The guy is fearless and he only ways 205.

He did choke against Memphis but the Spurs wouldn't have even had a chance if he didn't score the final five points. Also, does anyone know what play Pop called? Pop should have told Manu to drive it to the basket and try to get fouled.

The missed free throws against the Cavs wouldn't have even been a factor if not for the three point goal tend.

CosmicCowboy
03-02-2005, 10:49 AM
This is a ridiculous thread...

Kobe probably takes more forced low percentage shots with an expiring shot clock than any other player in the league...not because he wants to but because he has to because of poor ball movement / lack of support from the rest of the team...Kobe is one of those rare players that can still create a shot when there is absolutely nothing there...

saying that he is a choker is absolutely absurd...

iminlakerland
03-02-2005, 01:14 PM
^ here here

duncan2k5
03-02-2005, 11:23 PM
he choked again tonight. i think it was 3-16 after the first quarter. and missed his last 6 shots.

50 cent
03-02-2005, 11:43 PM
0-6 in the 4th including a missed 3 to tie at the buzzer.

That said, he's still clutch. I've seen him hit too many miracle buzzer beaters.

Kaster
03-03-2005, 09:13 AM
he choked again tonight. i think it was 3-16 after the first quarter. and missed his last 6 shots.

Stop posting, you're stupid.

duncan2k5
03-03-2005, 02:42 PM
50 cent. my point is that he wasnt clutch THIS SEASON. thats the point of my whole thread. and he is proving me right night after night. nice arguement kaster. i see u have some nice points. yeah right. you are the stupid one because you have nothing to say to prove my point wrong. just wallow in your shame and admit your daddy(kobe) sucked.

smeagol
03-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Stop posting, you're stupid.
You seem to get very jumpy when people say negative things about your boy. The guy has a point. THIS SEASON, Kobe has been playing sub par. You can blame his injuries, you can blame the team . . . Nobody is saying he is not clutch (he is probably one of the most clutch players I have ever seen). The issue is what he has been producing THIS SEASON.

But saying "Stop posting, you're stupid" does not help you cause.

CHAMPS AGAIN
03-03-2005, 03:43 PM
Last shot of the game to win it
1) KOBE
2)REGGIE MILLER
3)T-MAC
4)AI
5)DUNCAN
6)MANU
7)PARKER
8)WADE
9)RAY ALLEN
10)BRENT BARRY

duncan2k5
03-04-2005, 02:23 AM
no way is Kobe first. reggie has hit more than anyone in NBA history. i dont think he is done. and Kobe completely tanked it this season. he is like 4th maybe. i would put mcgrady, billups, timmy, KG over him. maybe more but none coming to mind. keep in mind im not talking about past performances, but this season's peformances

Kaster
03-04-2005, 05:22 AM
You seem to get very jumpy when people say negative things about your boy. The guy has a point. THIS SEASON, Kobe has been playing sub par. You can blame his injuries, you can blame the team . . . Nobody is saying he is not clutch (he is probably one of the most clutch players I have ever seen). The issue is what he has been producing THIS SEASON.

But saying "Stop posting, you're stupid" does not help you cause.

His lack of clutchness this season is exaggerated. In games where he's getting help from teammates and where they're not coming back from big deficits, he consistently hits shots that he needs to. He has already made two game winning defensive plays this season (block on Redd during fast break last December, steal on Eisley during closing minute last month). These are things duncan2k5 doesn't see, because he doesn't really watch the Lakers. This guy is clearly a kid, as evidenced by the picture in his sig. And as evidenced by his posts at LG.net and BBB.net, he clearly hasn't watched much NBA basketball beyond this season or last season. You are right about one thing, this hasn't been a typical "Kobe clutch" season. But that's not on him, that's on his horrible teammates not being able to hold the fort for any amount of time. People said the same things about Tmac and how he wasn't clutch, and I always said to those people that he had some of the worst teammates in the league.

So sorry smeagol, but he really just isn't that smart. Merely a bored kid mostly looking to jock SA and bash any and all opponents.

slayermin
03-04-2005, 06:10 AM
I was listening to the "Loose Cannons" on a local LA radio station and Joel Myers was the special guest for the day. Mychal Thompson is such a homer. I have him heard call Kobe the best player in the game several times the last two seasons. He still claims Kobe is the best player in the game.

Anyway, Mychal, who is one of the "Loose Cannons," asked Joel if he thought Kobe was the best player in the game. I laughed my azz off because he said, "No," without any hesitation. Mychal was kinda shocked and needless to say, Vick "the Brick" Jacobs was not feeling Joel. Mychal, feeling betrayed since Joel is his partner on Laker radio broadcasts, asked him who he thought was the best player in the game. Joel said, "Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett. 1A and 1B."

Also, Joel said that Kobe is not an "All-NBA" defensive player. He thinks that Kobe was voted on the All-NBA Defensive Team because of his past reputation.

Laker Homers are so blind. I wouldn't be surprised if Joel Myers gets fired for not being the ultimate Laker Homer like Mychal Thompson.

Kaster
03-04-2005, 06:24 AM
I was listening to the "Loose Cannons" on a local LA radio station and Joel Myers was the special guest for the day. Mychal Thompson is such a homer. I have him heard call Kobe the best player in the game several times the last two seasons. He still claims Kobe is the best player in the game.

Anyway, Mychal, who is one of the "Loose Cannons," asked Joel if he thought Kobe was the best player in the game. I laughed my azz off because he said, "No," without any hesitation. Mychal was kinda shocked and needless to say, Vick "the Brick" Jacobs was not feeling Joel. Mychal, feeling betrayed since Joel is his partner on Laker radio broadcasts, asked him who he thought was the best player in the game. Joel said, "Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett. 1A and 1B."

Also, Joel said that Kobe is not an "All-NBA" defensive player. He thinks that Kobe was voted on the All-NBA Defensive Team because of his past reputation.

Laker Homers are so blind. I wouldn't be surprised if Joel Myers gets fired for not being the ultimate Laker Homer like Mychal Thompson.

Many Laker fans believe that he isn't the best player in the game, myself included. Maybe the most skilled, but he doesn't have Duncan-like impact. On the other hand, KG is a bit overrated, IMO.

All D nominations isn't all that questionable, he is voted in as a guard. If you think about it, there really aren't any guards in the NBA that defend better than Kobe, unless you consider Bowen and Artest guards.

slayermin
03-04-2005, 06:43 AM
Many Laker fans believe that he isn't the best player in the game, myself included.

You must not live in LA. Everyone here thinks Kobe is god, like LakerFraud.

duncan2k5
03-04-2005, 11:27 AM
Methinks Christie has better D than kobe. anyway ive been watching the NBA for years kiddp. and im 21 by the way. and because i point out the FACT that kobe choked up the season doesnt mean that i dont know anything about basketball. admit it. there is no eternal hellfire for criticizing the guy. no brimstone will fall on your head.

Kaster
03-04-2005, 06:01 PM
You must not live in LA. Everyone here thinks Kobe is god, like LakerFraud.

That's why they call him LakerFraud.

Methinks Christie has better D than kobe. anyway ive been watching the NBA for years kiddp. and im 21 by the way. and because i point out the FACT that kobe choked up the season doesnt mean that i dont know anything about basketball. admit it. there is no eternal hellfire for criticizing the guy. no brimstone will fall on your head.

True, no brimstone will fall on your head. But fact of the matter is, you don't know much about basketball and haven't watched the Lakers this season. Which is why you shouldn't be starting threads about things you don't know about.

duncan2k5
03-05-2005, 03:11 AM
i have watched every nba game i could watch. if i dont see them i watch the stats. im not just a spurs fan, im a big NBA fan, so i feel that I have enough to go by to form an opinion on a player. and what makes you think i dont know much about basketball? just because i disagree with you? grow up kid.

Man In Black
03-05-2005, 04:07 AM
You are right about one thing, this hasn't been a typical "Kobe clutch" season. But that's not on him, that's on his horrible teammates not being able to hold the fort for any amount of time.
So Kaster, are you intimating that since Shaq laid down all that foundation scoring with his presence, then and only then, can Kobe be clutch? I've seen times where he can be, but without that foundation...those clutch shots we used to see are now shots that are made just to keep the Lakers in it as opposed to winning it.

That's why they call him LakerFraud.
I saw him as that from day 1 and the name is appropriate.Can you follow the satanic rituals and do what you're username tag says? The sooner the better. He is still broke-ass joke of clown.

Kaster
03-05-2005, 07:19 AM
So Kaster, are you intimating that since Shaq laid down all that foundation scoring with his presence, then and only then, can Kobe be clutch? I've seen times where he can be, but without that foundation...those clutch shots we used to see are now shots that are made just to keep the Lakers in it as opposed to winning it.

Absolutely, Shaq was huge in making Kobe stay clutch, he helped Kobe stay fresh at the end of games. However, it has little to do with some "magic" Shaq has to make players clutch and everything to do with his impact on the court. In other words, if you have good playoff-quality teammates (i.e. not this Lakers squad outside of Kobe) that can carry the team for a good decent chunk of a game, your superstar is going to have energy to pull of clutch shots at the end of games. If you'll remember, Michael Jordan's stats rebounds and assists went down during the 96, 97 and 98 postseasons, but he was still as clutch as he ever was and the Bulls were still as great as they ever were because Pippen and Rodman were able to carry the Bulls for huge chunks of the game. Jordan is probably the GOAT, and Kobe is not Jordan, but Michael Jordan could not carry this Lakers squad and continue to be as clutch as he has proven to be in his career. Not without good teammates, which he always had during the years he made his clutchness known.

I saw him as that from day 1 and the name is appropriate.Can you follow the satanic rituals and do what you're username tag says? The sooner the better. He is still broke-ass joke of clown.

I wish I could MIB, I wish I could.