PDA

View Full Version : Definitions: Priceless, Justice, Grit, Leap

Rummpd
03-01-2005, 07:16 AM
Priceless: the look on the Cav's head coach/bench and on James leaving the floor and the stunned look on the fans faces and the silenced announcer. Plus the fact, that Duncan just basically walked off in a cool hand luke assasin (ala Larry Bird) fashion was all the more priceless.

Also, priceless was Manu's bounce pass from above the rim off to the corner (off a pass to him that was to be for an attempted dunk) leading to a 3 ball! - the Cleveland announcers said that you cannot teach that and that it was one of the most clever passes ever.

Justice: Somehow the Cavs don't steal this one after seemingly being bailed out all night (ala James falling off out of time 3 pointer etc.). Also, when does Duncan ever get into foul trouble except when J. Nies is officiating? Thank goodness, that the improbable happened last night for us Spurs fans when a probable bad call and an inane series of events did not again cost the Spurs a win on the road.

Moreover, that Duncan gets a well deserved walk off winner. When I saw the officials reviewing the time sequence (there was not doubt he got this one off with at least about 1 left) I had memories of the tough luck call off against Milwaukee last year, the 0.4 BS ect.

Grit: Spurs showed "Grit" the best thing about this win was besides the thrilling ending was the overlooked fact that the Spurs fought back from 8 down to get in position to win it and did. Duncan and Manu (despite his missed FTs) came alive and Tony was strong all night.

The Leap: White "men can actually jump" (well not all - I still can't) But watch the tape. Rasho leaps (sort of) off the bench got off the ground higher in celebration of Tims shot than I have seen all year. Nice to see he can get excited!!

Don't underestimate this win, walk off wins are a great thing for a team and a win on the road against a playoff team is ok no matter how!