PDA

View Full Version : League Pass In Southern California

duncan228
01-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Anyone having a problem? Every channel on LP went out for me Friday night. My cable company says it's a problem in most of Southern California. They say it's on the NBA's side, not theirs, and it's being worked on but they have no idea when it will be fixed.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

duncan228
01-18-2009, 09:38 PM
Happened to me in La Jolla.

This weekend? Is it back on yet?

DrHouse
01-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Move out of the projects :)

Seriously it sounds like your cable is borked, my League Pass works fine.

duncan228
01-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Damn. Why would they tell me something like that? Time to move up the chain of command with my cable company. I'm ticked.

DrHouse, what cable company are you with?

DrHouse
01-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Shitty ass TWC.

duncan228
01-18-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm with Cox. I wonder if it's just with them.

cobbler
01-18-2009, 11:45 PM
I called... I was told that begining Jan 15th that League Pass will be down on random evenings for anyone who roots for teams with no real expectations of winning the conference or finals. Go figure.... Mine works great!

Lakers_55
01-19-2009, 12:07 AM
I know a lot of people have league pass, but I can see every Laker game either on FSW or local KCAL. Plus, I have TNT and ESPN which gets me more if I want them. I know, I am no help. I am in the middle of fucking nowhere and sometimes a few channels go out. I had to miss the Laker wins in Memphis and New Orleans just before Christmas.

Brutalis
01-19-2009, 12:36 AM
Isn't league pass free sometime this month?

duncan228
01-19-2009, 12:39 AM
Isn't league pass free sometime this month?

I think it's January 19-25.

Brutalis
01-19-2009, 12:41 AM
I think it's January 19-25.

Hopefully, because I don't have the extra data to watch games online!

duncan228
01-19-2009, 12:43 AM
Nah, I have TWC and it did it for me. It works fine now. I think it was the NBA's fault, not the cable company.

They're telling me it's on the NBA's side.

I got to LP customer service, they said it's probably a satellite issue. No one can give me any idea when it will be fixed. I'm really aggravated. :bang

Lakers_55
01-19-2009, 01:23 AM
They're telling me it's on the NBA's side.
I got to LP customer service, they said it's probably a satellite issue. No one can give me any idea when it will be fixed. I'm really aggravated. :bang

This is why and who you need to call to fix it, but get out of town quickly!:

http://images.movieeye.com/store/images/independence-day-limited-edition-dvd.jpghttp://l.yimg.com/img.movies.yahoo.com/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/twentieth_century_fox/independence_day/jeff_goldblum/id4.jpg

:D

balli
01-19-2009, 01:27 AM
That fucking sucks. Regardless of whose fault it is, they should give you some $ back or hook up HBO for a few months or something.

Have fun watching games on your probably too small computer screen.
http://www.nba.com/broadband/league_pass.jsp

duncan228
01-19-2009, 02:37 AM
That fucking sucks. Regardless of whose fault it is, they should give you some $ back or hook up HBO for a few months or something.

It does suck. I've asked for credit for the days missed, they said they'll do it but we have to wait until it's back so we know how many days it ends up being.

Have fun watching games on your probably too small computer screen.

Thanks. I didn't know I had LP Broadband free with my LP subscription until this happened. I discovered it Saturday. At least something good came out of it. :lol

Has LP Broadband always been free with LP? I've had LP for years but I thought you had to buy the Broadband even if you had LP. It was a nice surprise that I had it.

DrHouse
01-19-2009, 02:45 AM
Yea LP Broadband comes with your subscription. It's better than nothing.

On a side note, since we are trashing our cable companies here.....how ridiculous is it that TWC has yet to upgrade their HD lineup over the last fucking two years? I have basically the same HD channels I've had since i signed up. My friends up north who have Comcast get new HD channels every few months. They have literally double the amount of HD channels I do.

duncan228
01-19-2009, 02:57 AM
It's way better than nothing to me right now. I'm thrilled I've got it.

My cable company has been okay, not great. But the other option I had didn't have NBA TV and that was a deal breaker for me.

cobbler
01-19-2009, 03:33 AM
Yea LP Broadband comes with your subscription. It's better than nothing.

On a side note, since we are trashing our cable companies here.....how ridiculous is it that TWC has yet to upgrade their HD lineup over the last fucking two years? I have basically the same HD channels I've had since i signed up. My friends up north who have Comcast get new HD channels every few months. They have literally double the amount of HD channels I do.

I have TWC and they have nearly doubled the HD channels over the last 2 years.

duncan228
01-19-2009, 02:04 PM
It's back. :elephant

Thanks for letting me vent guys. :)