PDA

View Full Version : Seriously...., He should have gone to Texas State

lebomb
01-18-2009, 07:39 PM
By Dan McCarney - Express-News Former Alamo Heights quarterback Giovanni Vizza will enroll at Texas A&M with plans on being eligible for the 2010 season, his father, Matt Vizza, said Sunday.

Vizza, who is transferring from North Texas, will have two years of eligibility remaining after redshirting during the upcoming season. Approval from the NCAA is pending. Matt Vizza said his son declined an offer from Iowa State, and that the decision ultimately came down to A&M and Texas State.

"A&M is his biggest challenge but one he looks forward to," Matt Vizza wrote in an e-mail.

Vizza, an Express-News All-Area quarterback who graduated from Alamo Heights in 2007, had spent the past two seasons at North Texas but became disillusioned with the program after the Mean Green suffered 21 losses in 24 games. He passed for 5,146 yards and 32 touchdowns in 22 starts, including an NCAA-freshman-record eight in a 74-62 loss to Navy.

Dude is gonna play limited minutes in his senior year more than likely. He would have been a star, getting star minutes at Tx State. These are the kinds of transfers Tx State and eventually Utsa should go after. Great for playing right away at home vs......sitting at UT or A&M. There is an outside chance Im wrong about his playing time, but I doubt it.

chrisattsu
01-19-2009, 12:23 AM
I know the Bobcat faithful watched this closely, but we were content with what was in place.

Bradley George is returning for his Senior season, and has run our offense since 2006.

Behind him we have some Hawkins kid from Corpus who is a dual threat QB.

And several of our WRs played QB at their previous colleges or in High School. Chassion, played QB at Arkansas, is playing as a WR and Dillard was a HS QB.

tonylongoriafan
01-19-2009, 01:34 PM
a&m? dude must have still been high!

lebomb
01-20-2009, 07:40 PM
I bet he doesnt see playing time unless Johnson goes down or graduates. At Tx State he would have probably been starting next season. What a dumbass.