PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only sane person left?

Gino
01-18-2009, 09:23 PM
An orgy for Obama today at Lincoln Memorial. Instead of the normal halftime show game, we got Katie Couric give us highlights during the Pitt/Baltimore halftime.

Obama supporters have buttons that say "Yes we did!"

Beyonce told the crowd "America, we are one!!"

Am I the only one who believes the amount of hype and significance being given to Obama's inauguration is completely asinine?

Martin Luther King. Ceasar Chavez. Mother Teresa. Ghandi.

Barrack Obama?

He hasnt actually done anything yet except get him self elected to political positions.

Lets see how he governs before putting his face on the money, yes?

MannyIsGod
01-18-2009, 09:31 PM
Why are you so bitter?

boutons_
01-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Bitter, jealous, etc, etc.

The Magic Negro as US President is big stuff.

The relief from seeing dubya, dickhead, the Repugs, neo-cunts overwhelmingly rejected and voted out of power is exhilarating.

Some guy said "The business of America business"

now:

The Business of America is Show Business.

Rememeber, it was the '84 LA Olypmics that turned the Olympics into a Las Vegas show.

The Inaugurations is just more bread-and-circuses for the stupid masses.

Creepn
01-18-2009, 10:06 PM
An orgy for Obama today at Lincoln Memorial. Instead of the normal halftime show game, we got Katie Couric give us highlights during the Pitt/Baltimore halftime.

Am I the only one who believes the amount of hype and significance being given to Obama's inauguration is completely asinine?

Barrack Obama?

He hasnt actually done anything yet except get him self elected to political positions.

People with that type of mentality will never accept unity. You always question it and hate on it and will refuse to let the goodness take over you. Let those "sheep" celebrate what they overcame throughout history. It's waaaay better than folks gathering around some hate speeches.

RobinsontoDuncan
01-18-2009, 10:21 PM
President's are only elected every 4 to 8 years, and considering American presidents assume such prominent roles as cultural figures (you could argue they are the preeminent cultural symbols) they hype makes sense.

If you go back to other presidential transitions, I think you will find similar levels of excitement and attention in the run up to inauguration.

The fact that Obama is an African-American supercharges the excitement.

baseline bum
01-18-2009, 10:24 PM

Barrack Obama?

http://www.thedailyblitz.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/crying-baby.jpg

MannyIsGod
01-18-2009, 10:34 PM

:lol boo fucking hoo?

We did. Don't be butt hurt.

SO horrible. How did you manage your outrage?

No - I'm sure there are other butt hurt people out there too. The members of the KKK probably don't care either.

Barrack Obama?

Actually only one of those has been elected POTUSA

LOL thats it huh?

Sure, but in the meantime we're going to throw a big fucking party in DC while you lament your anal retention.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-18-2009, 10:35 PM
I have to admit Manny's pro-obama takes are starting to get a little lame.

MannyIsGod
01-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Why are my posts lame?

balli
01-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Yeah, what a royal bitch. Who would dare have the gall to say something like that? It's insane.

baseline bum
01-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Much less inspiring that "either you're with us or you're against us".

Pistons < Spurs
01-18-2009, 11:07 PM
I don't get it. All this hype and attention is so over the top it's simply become ridiculous. I think Obama is a stand up character and will be a good President. But everyone fawning over him as they are is reminiscent of the type of attention 11 year old girls showed for New Kids on the Block 20 years ago.

balli
01-18-2009, 11:16 PM
I don't get it. All this hype and attention is so over the top it's simply become ridiculous. I think Obama is a stand up character and will be a good President. But everyone fawning over him as they are is reminiscent of the type of attention 11 year old girls showed for New Kids on the Block 20 years ago.
Honestly besides the significance of the racial thing, for me anyways, it has more to do with Bush leaving than Obama coming in. If Bush hadn't been one of the shittiest world leaders in mankind's history, I doubt people would be so excited to inaugurate someone else.

In any event, a lot of people have had Jan. 20th 2009 marked in the calendar for over 7 God awful years now. But y'know, a big, "Get the fuck out, Bush," party would be kind of cynical at this point.

Trainwreck2100
01-19-2009, 12:47 AM

:lol

The only times America is one is disasters, attacks, and the olympics

Brutalis
01-19-2009, 12:59 AM
I agree with Gino and Pistons < Spurs, let him play out his role and see what he does before we go slobbing on his knob. This whole thing so far is pretty lame.

(low blow warning)

With all the sellout artists they had preforming today what's Obama trying to say? Gunna sell us out? Teehee.

PixelPusher
01-19-2009, 01:53 AM
I agree with Gino and Pistons < Spurs, let him play out his role and see what he does before we go slobbing on his knob. This whole thing so far is pretty lame.

(low blow warning)

With all the sellout artists they had preforming today what's Obama trying to say? Gunna sell us out? Teehee.

What exactly is a "sellout artist"?
[/THREAD HIJACK]

Trainwreck2100
01-19-2009, 01:59 AM
What exactly is a "sellout artist"?
[/THREAD HIJACK]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selling_out

PixelPusher
01-19-2009, 02:21 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selling_out

"Selling out" refers to the compromising of one's integrity, morality and principles in exchange for money, 'success' (however defined) or other personal gain. It is commonly associated with attempts to increase mass appeal or acceptability to mainstream society. A person who does this, as opposed to continuing along his or her original path, is labelled a sellout and typically regarded with disgust and immediate loss of respect. Selling out is often seen as gaining success at the cost of credibility.

Huh. So Bono, Beyonce and Springsteen were secretly conservative Republicans who "sold out" for a payday? Or to take politics out of it, Bono, Beyonce and Springsteen were previously "pure" artists who then changed their music to make it more "popular"?

Heath Ledger
01-19-2009, 03:27 AM
I dont see what the big deal is, give the black folk their props, they have come a long way since slavery and being used as tree ornaments. Its certainly something they should be excited about. Let them have their day. They deserve it.

SnakeBoy
01-19-2009, 03:41 AM
It is over the top for me (just like every Superbowl halftime show) but it's a historical moment so I don't see what the problem is. If you're not impressed with how easily this country transfers power then there's something wrong with you. They won, shut up and let them have their party.

Kori Ellis
01-19-2009, 03:58 AM
Many people have hated the last 8 years of Bush-dom. They are celebrating the end of that, just as much as they are celebrating it being Obama who is taking office. Though the occasion is hyped even more because of Obama being the first African-American POTUS and the such, many people are just looking forward to no more Bush.

Though I think parts of it are over the top, I don't get why anyone would hate/have a problem with the country coming together and celebrating a special time in history.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2009, 04:23 AM
It's a shitload of money to be spending a this time, but a shitload of people want to be a part of it. I'd have to see how much money was privately raised before I get indignant about it. It's a historical first, and I can't imagine someone getting pissed of about folks' being excited about this country for whatever reason.

Brutalis
01-19-2009, 04:25 AM
Okay why are people calling him African-American still? Because he chose to be a black candidate? He is just as much a Caucasian-American than an African-American being that he has a white mom from Kansas and a black father who is a Luo from Kenya.

Did he choose to be called black, or African-American or something?

ChumpDumper
01-19-2009, 04:56 AM
Usually Americans with an African heritage are called African-Americans. By that definition, he is indeed still an African-American.

You can call him a Kansan-African-American from now on if you want to.

Kori Ellis
01-19-2009, 04:56 AM
Okay why are people calling him African-American still? Because he chose to be a black candidate? He is just as much a Caucasian-American than an African-American being that he has a white mom from Kansas and a black father who is a Luo from Kenya.

Did he choose to be called black, or African-American or something?

Everyone knows that he's mixed race. But most Americans that are half black call themselves (and are called by others) African American, black or light-skinned black. Why does it both you that people "still" call him African American?

baseline bum
01-19-2009, 05:41 AM
Cuz all black people get the foodstamps he can't get, and he'll be damned if he has a president on welfare.

Wild Cobra
01-19-2009, 05:47 AM

Who cares. Anyone with an ounce of political intelligence knows the mainstream media biased all their support towards Obama. Why is this any different?

Even pollsters wouldn't and wont be fair:

Zogby won’t duplicate Obama poll (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1108/15829.html)

Not at all. I just see it as a way to better understand who in this country lacks any real patriotism. Someone who really was patriotic would have seeked out the facts from both sides before voting.

Barrack Obama?

Only fools thing they are in the same league.

And used Chicago dirty politics at that to make it to the senate. Then look at all the dirty tricks to make president!

I agree. At least the painted coins are not as permanent as impressions.

baseline bum
01-19-2009, 05:58 AM
You forgot to call him a ######.

Brutalis
01-19-2009, 06:09 AM
Everyone knows that he's mixed race. But most Americans that are half black call themselves (and are called by others) African American, black or light-skinned black. Why does it both you that people "still" call him African American?

It doesn't, therefor I asked.

Cuz all black people get the foodstamps he can't get, and he'll be damned if he has a president on welfare.

:lol

MannyIsGod
01-19-2009, 06:12 AM

:lmao

spurster
01-19-2009, 09:16 AM
Yes, the coverage is way over the top. You can always turn off the TV, you know.

FreeMason
01-19-2009, 09:58 AM

Barrack Obama?

You are not alone..

I just spent 3 days out in the bay fishing for reds and missed it ALL :toast

clambake
01-19-2009, 11:04 AM
people who think they're the only sane person left are usually insane.

whottt
01-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Unite?

I refuse to unite with those that stood with the terrorists during the Iraq war...if they wanted unity that was a much better cause to do it over then electing a faux communist Harvard lawyer surrounded by anti-Americans.

Don't fucking talk to me about unity after the past 4 years...how dare you.

Besides, Obama doesn't have slave blood...he's got slave owner's blood(and Dick Cheney's).

Shallow symbolism and nothing more...the Brittney generation flexing their political muscles.

clambake
01-19-2009, 12:19 PM
Unite?

I refuse to unite with those that stood with the terrorists during the Iraq war
who did that?

Don't fucking talk to me about unity after the past 4 years...how dare you.
i think unity was obvious in this election.

Besides, Obama doesn't have slave blood...he's got got slave owner's blood(and Dick Cheney's).
is this the new job? family trees?

Shallow symbolism and nothing more...the Brittney generation flexing their political muscles.
she was for bush. remember?

Mister Sinister
01-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Spoiler: Obama is a Skrull.

whottt
01-19-2009, 12:32 PM
who did that?

That's the worst thing about anti-Americans...they won't admit it.

i think unity was obvious in this election.

And I think you should leave the thinking to others.

AntiChrist
01-19-2009, 12:49 PM
I must admit, even I'm getting sick of Obamapalooza.

angel_luv
01-19-2009, 12:53 PM
I am half black and half white ( birth father is black, birth mother is white,and I was adopted by a white couple.)

When I was a teen, the black kids I knew would not claim me as black, giving as the reason that I was raised by white people.

I am not sure how black people who are adults classify me because, of course, they have never said and I have never asked.

Also I have heard of a few African Americans whom feel somewhat cheated about President Obama since he will go down in history as the first black president, when in truth he is only half black.

doobs
01-19-2009, 01:07 PM
The inauguration hysteria is mildly irritating, but soon it will be done. Even though I'm not an Obama partisan, I understand some of the excitement: Bush is unpopular, we're currently involved in two foreign wars, the economy is struggling, and the people have elected a smart guy from the other party. And, yes, people are also praising themselves for being so enlightened as to elect a black guy.

My hope is that the Obama personality cult quickly fades, and people start taking him and his presidency seriously. The media needs to stop having tingled legs when he speaks. His words won't save us; his policies will matter much more than his speeches. I mean, he's about to be the most powerful man on the planet. We had better be skeptical of his actions and hold to him to a high fucking standard.

The people will need to start demanding actual results from Obama, not mere empty promises of hope or change. Unfortunately, the Obama team has done a great job of talking down our current economy, which accomplishes two things: (1) it lowers expectations for future elections, thereby making the case for 8 years of Democratic rule; and (2) it positions Obama to get a lot of credit when the economy inevitably does recover.

Darrin
01-19-2009, 01:28 PM

Barrack Obama?

I think that this is a momentous occasion. It brought me to tears when I heard him accept the election results in November. It brought me to tears the next day.

I did some reading between that moment and this one. The Dred Scott case, Lincoln's first Inaugural, and Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech culminated in sobbing tears at a public library.

I had to learn to love my country and recognize our system for what it was to see the true context of this moment. It's big and in 20 years you'll regret this thread.

Bartleby
01-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Also I have heard of a few African Americans whom feel somewhat cheated about President Obama since he will go down in history as the first black president, when in truth he is only half black.

They must be from that very small minority of African Americans who have no white ancestors in their family tree.

angel_luv
01-19-2009, 01:56 PM
They must be from that very small minority of African Americans who have no white ancestors in their family tree.

I have no idea. It is not a sentiment I have heard often.

Gino
01-19-2009, 01:58 PM
I think that this is a momentous occasion. It brought me to tears when I heard him accept the election results in November. It brought me to tears the next day.

I did some reading between that moment and this one. The Dred Scott case, Lincoln's first Inaugural, and Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech culminated in sobbing tears at a public library.

I had to learn to love my country and recognize our system for what it was to see the true context of this moment. It's big and in 20 years you'll regret this thread.

On the contrary. I belive in twenty years, we'll look at back at this hysteria and realize that this moment wasn't near as monumental as the The Dred Scott case, MLK's speech etc. Much like Obama's big speech on race/Wright during the campaign that many were claiming was his "Gettysburge-esque" speech. I knew two seconds afterwards that that speech accomplished nothing and he would still have to hear about Rev. Wright until he out-right denounced him (which he eventually did).

Wednesday, we're going to have uneployment over 7% and moving upward. We're going to have a trillion dollar deficit, a post-bubble housing market, two military conflicts and social security entitlements for the majority of our population on the horizon.

Being black doesn't make Obama a great man. Being a good speaker doesn't make Obama a great man. Lets wait until he solves any of our problems or gets the country to come together on any issue before we wear the "yes we did!" buttons.

byrontx
01-19-2009, 01:59 PM
The nitpicking about Obama's right to be called an African-American because he is half-white is ridiculous. Most the black people in the US have a European mix to their bloodlines ( I remember seeing an estimate of an 20% average). The 20% is not the number out of the population but the average amount of genetic mix each "black" person shares with their European ancestors. The 20% is an average, many people called "black" in the US have more of a European heritage than African (especially in Louisiana).

Here it is:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2283637

Cell cations and blood pressure in US whites, US blacks, and west African blacks.
Cooper RS, Aina O, Chaco L, Shamsi N, Achilihu A, Islam N, Hsieh SC, Feinberg H.

Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Loyola University School of Medicine, Maywood IL 60153.

Differences in cell cation metabolism have been previously demonstrated between blacks and whites in the US. To investigate a potential racial/genetic basis for these differences we studied red cell sodium content (Nai) and platelet cytosolic calcium (Cai) in a group of US whites (n = 26), US blacks (n = 20) and West African blacks (n = 26) residing in Chicago, IL. Participants in all groups were primarily health professionals. The West Africans had lived in Africa until at least age 21 and subsequently resided in the US for an average of 19 months. Immunological markers were used to estimate European gene admixture among the US blacks. Red cell Nai was significantly lower in US whites (7.72 +/- 2.49 mEq/l cells) compared to both the US blacks and West African blacks (9.98 +/- 2.36 and 10.60 +/- 2.80, respectively; P less than 0.01) and Cai was higher in whites than among US blacks (P less than 0.05). No differences were noted in blood pressure (BP) levels among the three racial groups. A linear correlation existed between Nai and both systolic (SBP) and diastolic (DBP) (r = 0.378 and 0.339, respectively; P less than 0.01), which was strongest among the blacks, particularly the US blacks (SBP vs. Nai, r = 0.716, P less than 0.01). Approximately 20% European gene admixture was present among the US blacks. Based on these findings, it would appear that, compared to US whites, higher levels of RBC Nai are common to black persons native to the US and West Africa.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)

baseline bum
01-19-2009, 02:45 PM
That's the worst thing about anti-Americans...they won't admit it.

Hey shithead, we won the election. Don't like America? Then get the fuck out.

whottt
01-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Hey shithead, we won the election. Don't like America? Then get the fuck out.

Nah...that's the liberal approach(in theory, although they didn't get the fuck out in 2004 as promised)...

I'll take the conservative approach of killing your enemies...a good civil war is what the country needs.

Liberals refuse to fight the terrorists, but they'll probably put up a better fight against their fellow Americans, which is their major problem in the first place. Which is they whyy need to be killed.

whottt
01-19-2009, 05:20 PM
The bottom line byron...is the symbolism of this being some coming of age for African Americans all the way from the dregs of slavery is bullshit...Obama didn't make that journey, and neither did his ancestors.

I know it doesn't matter to liberals...because hey all those darkies are all the same...but I imagine it does to many African Americans.

baseline bum
01-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Nah...that's the liberal approach(in theory, although they didn't get the fuck out in 2004 as promised)...

I'll take the conservative approach of killing your enemies...a good civil war is what the country needs.

Liberals refuse to fight the terrorists, but they'll probably put up a better fight against their fellow Americans, which is their major problem in the first place. Which is they whyy need to be killed.

GoArmy (http://www.goarmy.com/) motherfucker.

Heath Ledger
01-19-2009, 05:57 PM
I went to a mostly black high school and I also observed that the bi-racial kids had a really hard time being accepted by the black kids in general often discarded as being white and not quite fitting in. I was kind of surprised at the reaction of the black community quickly scooping Obama up and claiming him as on of their own.

Bartleby
01-19-2009, 06:15 PM

Dude, you need to get therapy or meds or both. Seriously.

whottt
01-19-2009, 06:20 PM
GoArmy (http://www.goarmy.com/) motherfucker.

No fucking way...then you have to fight the terrorists and the liberals.

I'd rather fight the liberals, then when the army comes to help them, the liberals will protest the army and take my side. They'll probably donate money also.

Cake.

clambake
01-19-2009, 06:25 PM
whottts starting to make "B" face girl look stable.

balli
01-19-2009, 06:28 PM
I just hope whichever city gets nuked first...that it's yours.

i

Whottt. You are fucking scum.

whottt
01-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Dude, you need to get therapy or meds or both. Seriously.

You need to stop fighting the last vestiges of pretense and just go ahead and stick a cock in it...

What the fuck?

Were you like...

Bartelby: Let me pick the gayest name I can possibly come up with. One that screams I want to take up the ass. Oh shit! I can't believe ballijuana, boutons and clambake are already taken. Fuck! Maybe Bartelby is still available....

Or some shit like that...

clambake
01-19-2009, 06:33 PM
whottt reverts to throwing cock again...............

balli
01-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Whottt. I'm going to turn you into homeland security for making politically motivated threats in an unstable manner. Seriously. You hate America too much to just let this shit go unreported.

CuckingFunt
01-19-2009, 06:39 PM
I think this election broke whottt's brain.

whottt
01-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Whottt. I'm going to turn you into homeland security for making politically motivated threats in an unstable manner. Seriously.

No shit? Will it be better if I'm stepping on the flag while I say it? Then maybe I'll get a cabinet position.

whottt
01-19-2009, 06:41 PM
I think this election broke whottt's brain.

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/August-2001/features_ayers1.jpg

"I don't regret setting the bombs, I feel we didn't do enough".

My brain isn't the one that's broken...it!

clambake
01-19-2009, 06:41 PM
why do you want to stomp on the flag? cuz you still hate Bush?

clambake
01-19-2009, 06:42 PM
who's the guy in the picture?

balli
01-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Whottt's now decided the best course of action is to scream about Bill Ayers some more.

Bartleby
01-19-2009, 06:45 PM
I want to take up the ass. Oh shit!

clambake
01-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Whottt's now decided the best course of action is to scream about Bill Ayers some more.

yeah, you'd think the guy outed a covert agent or something.

whottt
01-19-2009, 06:47 PM

Well...it is kind of ironic, don't ya think?

whottt
01-19-2009, 06:48 PM

So you're anti-gay? Hypocrite.

balli
01-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Well...it is kind of ironic, don't ya think?

The only thing I find ironic are your interjections into a thread with this title.

whottt
01-19-2009, 06:49 PM
The only thing I find ironic are your interjections into a thread with this title.

Why do you find that ironic?

clambake
01-19-2009, 06:49 PM
thats a good one.

clambake
01-19-2009, 06:50 PM
well, he was right about one thing...........palin helped make it all possible.

Bartleby
01-19-2009, 06:52 PM
So you're anti-gay? Hypocrite.

I'm not anti or pro gay, but I suspect that the poster who is ranting about cocks may have some serious repression issues.

whottt
01-19-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm not anti or pro gay, but I suspect that the poster who is ranting about cocks may have some serious repression issues.

Um...that comment makes it pretty clear that you harbor some pretty strong anti-gay sentiment...as does your earlier one. Bartleby.

balli
01-19-2009, 07:02 PM
Bartleby.
You don't know Melville? Wait... of course not.

sonic21
01-19-2009, 07:02 PM

:lmao

Cry Havoc
01-19-2009, 07:11 PM
I have to be humored at this thread. Whottt is so upset that the only recourse he has is to try to ruin ST threads about Obama by his silly attempts at being a troll. Cute.

whottt
01-19-2009, 07:18 PM
You don't know Melville? Wait... of course not.

Zr9SaYkRh-Y

balli
01-19-2009, 07:27 PM
fail.

whottt
01-19-2009, 07:27 PM
I have to be humored at this thread.

Sounds like you have too much time on your hands...

Here, a better use of your time:

http://shop.cafepress.com/obama-inauguration?CMP=KAC-G-PO-E08-Barack_Obama

You too ballijuana...

balli
01-19-2009, 07:29 PM
You too ballijuana...
You too buddy...
http://shop.cafepress.com/palin

ClingingMars
01-19-2009, 07:31 PM

typical, expected.

-Mars

whottt
01-19-2009, 07:34 PM
You too buddy...
http://shop.cafepress.com/palin

bacl at ya:
http://www.edenfantasys.com/tp-landing-url/Tp/TP_Subcategory.aspx?pageId=1756

whottt
01-19-2009, 07:35 PM
You too Bartleby..

ratm1221
01-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Um...that comment makes it pretty clear that you harbor some pretty strong anti-gay sentiment...as does your earlier one. Bartleby.

Admit it... you're borderline retarded right? Just a little? You can't be full on retarded because you somehow form sentences and have the precision to hit the right keys most of the time. Speaking of retards... didn't you vote for this one?

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/bushchest1.jpg
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/captioncall/0602-bush-air-force.jpg

whottt
01-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Wow...for a liberal you sure are insensitive to the mentally disabled. Yet another fucking hypocrite.

ratm1221
01-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Wow...for a liberal you sure are insensitive to the mentally disabled. Yet another fucking hypocrite.

I'm the hypocrite? Right.

MannyIsGod
01-19-2009, 09:59 PM
Seriously, this guys hasn't accomlished anything that 43 other men did. The only reason that number is so small is because we only have elections every four years or else we'd have had 5 black presidents by now with at least four of them being ALL black and 3 of those directly related to Kunta.

I know that when the KKK was burning crosses they stopped to ask the family to make sure they were fully black and related to slaves before they took action. I know that prior to forced integration half white students were let into schools.

I know that when Rodney King was beaten the cops were sure of his slave ancestry and I know that when every minority today suffers any form of discrimination of any kind its simply because their heritage is fully known by the bigots.

baseline bum
01-19-2009, 10:01 PM
typical, expected.

-Mars

I know... it was already implied by the avatar.

Mr. Peabody
01-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Did anyone play the "he's not really Black because he's African" card yet?

whottt
01-19-2009, 11:34 PM
It's not just that he's not black...it's the he's from Africa, his father was Muslim, and he has a middle name of Hussein...what all those things mean...more than likely, it was his ancestors that sold many of the African Americans' ancestors into slavery.

I mean buddy...the Portuguese landed right there in fucking Kenya, the Africans that were still there were the ones doing the enslaving.

Add in the fact that he's socialist, in itself the most totalitarian form of slavery, and well...he's pretty much the living embodiment of the slave trade...the wrong side of it.

All he's missing is Spanish blood to cover the beginning and the end of the Atlantic Slave Trade...

I am glad that many African Americans(and even more non African Americans) now feel that something major has transpired...but really, it's all a bunch of bullshit.

If he was elected because of his race and that is supposed to symbolize something important, well I guess it does, I guess that's a first, being elected because of his color I mean.

I think the forrest is being missed for the trees.

Beyond that...he's got exactly jack shit of a platform. This is better than when he actually had one though sadly...what's scary is that he is supposed to be smart yet is only now realizing how shitty his platform was...I mean most of that voted against his knew it was shitty immediately...what fucking took him so long?

That's kinda scary...

MannyIsGod
01-19-2009, 11:43 PM
You look so hard for ways to write him off. I guess thats the trait displayed most by many of you. Its not that you fail to understand why people feel the way they do about this and its not that you simply disagree with what Obama stands for. Its that you try to discredit thee situation in anyway possible right down to the man's very herritage. We have Whott saying that Obama is more the representation of a slaver as opposed to a slave.

Somehow, while blacks are in no measurable sense on an equal footing with white americans, the color of Obama's skin was now the reason he got elected according to Whottt.

Its a new level of desperation of some sort. I would say that its rock bottom, but I have a feeling that as he is successful it will only grow worse.

SnakeBoy
01-19-2009, 11:45 PM
I know that when the KKK was burning crosses they stopped to ask the family to make sure they were fully black and related to slaves before they took action.

We try to make sure that they are full slave blood but it's difficult to tell these days. Fuckin hair extensions!

FromWayDowntown
01-19-2009, 11:48 PM
It really is an abysmal thing in our society for those who are at the bottom of the social ladder to look up and see someone that looks like them assuming the most prestigious office in the land.

It's pretty shameful to even try to give those kids hope.

Even if Obama is an abject failure as a President, his election should be a strong signal that anything is possible here.

But I can see why that would really be a bad message to send.

whottt
01-19-2009, 11:59 PM
You look so hard for ways to write him off.

It's actually not that hard to do...I can pick and choose, and pull it off easily with little or no gaps in logic...defending him on the other hand, requires a complete abandonment of any sense of objective thought.

It is entirely mindless idealism behind this...it's like the entire country has ADD or something.

I guess thats the trait displayed most by many of you. Its not that you fail to understand why people feel the way they do about this

No it isn't....I know exactly why people feel the way they do about this, and what scares me is that there are enough of them with similar thought processes to elect a President.

I mean that's a holy shit moment for me if ever there were one.

and its not that you simply disagree with what Obama stands for.

Yes it is...it's that I disagree with just about everything he stands for, I disagree with his associations, and I disagree intensely with the thing he said to get elected. I also disagree with the absolutely complicit media.

Its that you try to discredit thee situation in anyway possible right down to the man's very herritage. We have Whott saying that Obama is more the representation of a slaver as opposed to a slave.

Can you prove that he wasn't on the other side of it? Because there is both historical and contemporary merit to everything I stated above.

Somehow, while blacks are in no measurable sense on an equal footing with white americans, the color of Obama's skin was now the reason he got elected according to Whottt.

True...I mean, no one supporting Obama has said they are voting for him because of his race now have they?

Its a new level of desperation of some sort. I would say that its rock bottom, but I have a feeling that as he is successful it will only grow worse.

Don't think you've got me pegged so easily...I fully realize that no matter how bad you think things are now...they can always get worse. In 2000 I was pissed about W being elected.

Similar to the the baseball team situation...I figured Hicks would be a much better owner than W.

I mean he had to be right? W was a fucking idiot and Tom Hicks is a financial genius, with loads of cash to spend, and much more likeable to boot...

How could things possibly get worse?

whottt
01-20-2009, 12:15 AM
It really is an abysmal thing in our society for those who are at the bottom of the social ladder to look up and see someone that looks like them assuming the most prestigious office in the land.

I don't think it's the most pressing issue facing the country...I honestly don't.

It's pretty shameful to even try to give those kids hope.

Hope is great, more power to them...

Doesn't change the fact that, 99.999999% of them will never be President.

Even if Obama is an abject failure as a President, his election should be a strong signal that anything is possible here.

Yeah it's that whole getting symbolic with running the country that really bothers me...the fact that there are plenty of alarms going off about this guy and his associations, not to mention Chicago politics, and so many people are completely blowing it off...it's incredibly alarming, and is much more important to me than giving little kids false hope.

This is life...there is no freaking storybook here, and electing Obama isn't going to magically transform the nature of reality. Forget about race...the fact is, most people won't grow up to be President. It's a BS message.

More importantly,
you see it's not that Obama is potentially corrupt that bothers me...I expect corruption in those that hunger for power. It is the outward direction of his corruption, and of nearly all of his big money backers, that bothers me.

But I can see why that would really be a bad message to send.

We sent a lot of messages by electing Obama, and not all of them are good or beneficial during the current world climate..and many of those non fairy tale messages his supporters are completely oblivious of.

LnGrrrR
01-20-2009, 12:39 AM

IDIOT ALERT! IDIOT ALERT! AWOOOGA AAWWOOOOGGA!

Quick! Run while your brain cells still have a chance!

whottt
01-20-2009, 12:41 AM
I clicked for that? Hopefully you and RATM won't reproduce.

LnGrrrR
01-20-2009, 12:43 AM
Remember kids, I'm always right! Look at how well I predicted the election!

LnGrrrR
01-20-2009, 12:44 AM
I clicked for that? Hopefully you and RATM won't reproduce.

Rage Against the Machine? I highly doubt I'll be able to reproduce with a defunct band.

Trainwreck2100
01-20-2009, 12:47 AM
It's not just that he's not black...it's the he's from Africa, his father was Muslim, and he has a middle name of Hussein...what all those things mean...more than likely, it was his ancestors that sold many of the African Americans' ancestors into slavery.

I mean buddy...the Portuguese landed right there in fucking Kenya, the Africans that were still there were the ones doing the enslaving.

Add in the fact that he's socialist, in itself the most totalitarian form of slavery, and well...he's pretty much the living embodiment of the slave trade...the wrong side of it.

All he's missing is Spanish blood to cover the beginning and the end of the Atlantic Slave Trade...

I am glad that many African Americans(and even more non African Americans) now feel that something major has transpired...but really, it's all a bunch of bullshit.

If he was elected because of his race and that is supposed to symbolize something important, well I guess it does, I guess that's a first, being elected because of his color I mean.

I think the forrest is being missed for the trees.

Beyond that...he's got exactly jack shit of a platform. This is better than when he actually had one though sadly...what's scary is that he is supposed to be smart yet is only now realizing how shitty his platform was...I mean most of that voted against his knew it was shitty immediately...what fucking took him so long?

That's kinda scary...

baseline bum
01-20-2009, 01:08 AM
I don't think it's the most pressing issue facing the country...I honestly don't.

Of course you don't. You think the most pressing issue in this country is reporters sticking microphones in Palin's face and letting her shit on herself over and over again.

Creepn
01-20-2009, 01:50 AM
This is life...there is no freaking storybook here, and electing Obama isn't going to magically transform the nature of reality. Forget about race...the fact is, most people won't grow up to be President. It's a BS message.

No its not a bullshit message. It's a message to those hardliner minorities that think that they cant achieve great things because the white man is holding them down is now bullshit.

Winehole23
01-20-2009, 02:38 AM
No its not a bullshit message. It's a message to those hardliner minorities that think that they cant achieve great things because the white man is holding them down is now bullshit.Tell it to the one in nine African American men between 20 and 34 years of age who are in prison. That rate is five to six times the rate for white men.

whottt
01-20-2009, 02:48 AM
Yeah well...governments don't take care of people, no matter who is President...the ones that tell you that they can and will...are the biggest liars of them all. And this one is not suddenly going to make poor black people and other minorities wealthy...

I watched part of the pre inaugural festivities today...I forget what channel, but I got physically ill when Justin(millionaire singer)Timberlake came on and told me we're going to have to roll up our sleeves and put our noses to the grindstone...

Creepn
01-20-2009, 03:58 AM
Tell it to the one in nine African American men between 20 and 34 years of age who are in prison. That rate is five to six times the rate for white men.

You think the white man is framing the black folks? Sprinkling the magic dust? There may be cases of innocent black folks in prision but most of them probably did the actual crime.

Creepn
01-20-2009, 04:06 AM
Yeah well...governments don't take care of people, no matter who is President...the ones that tell you that they can and will...are the biggest liars of them all. And this one is not suddenly going to make poor black people and other minorities wealthy...

I dont know what you talking about. History shows the government helping the people out pleeeeenty of times.

Winehole23
01-20-2009, 04:24 AM
You think the white man is framing the black folks? Sprinkling the magic dust? There may be cases of innocent black folks in prision but most of them probably did the actual crime.How magnanimous of you. The prison-industrial complex thanks you for your support, Creepn.

About half the prison population is drug users. You can't seriously be suggesting black folks use drugs at five to six times the rate of white folks?

There's no magic dust or actual framing necessary. Racism means it's easier to apprehend, prosecute and convict black folks in the absence of evidence or prosecutorial misconduct. There's little faith in the fairness of the system, so most people plead out rather than risk longer jail time by contesting charges in court.

baseline bum
01-20-2009, 04:48 AM

So you're from the religion of the free market taking care of our people? The same free market that has run to China and replaced good-paying manufacturing jobs with health care for shitty service jobs at Wal-Mart and Target with absolutely no benefits? The past 20 years our hands-off government has helped the free market's invisible hand to get and tighten its grip around the throats of Americans, whether it's the job loss to China and Mexico, letting Enron rape the state of California with inflated energy costs and rolling blackouts, the oil bubble last year, or the housing/credit bubble made 1000x worse by unregulated speculation.

baseline bum
01-20-2009, 04:53 AM
How magnanimous of you. The prison-industrial complex thanks you for your support, Creepn.

About half the prison population is drug users. You can't seriously be suggesting black folks use drugs at five to six times the rate of white folks?

There's no magic dust or actual framing necessary. Racism means it's easier to apprehend, prosecute and convict black folks in the absence of evidence or prosecutorial misconduct. There's little faith in the fairness of the system, so most people plead out rather than risk longer jail time by contesting charges in court.

All you gotta do in court is paint a black defendant as a gang member, the politically correct modern form of street ######, and you've instantly scared the jury shitless. As if it's only black criminals who hang out in tightly-knit syndicates of other criminals.

Cry Havoc
01-20-2009, 05:33 AM
I watched part of the pre inaugural festivities today...I forget what channel, but I got physically ill when Justin(millionaire singer)Timberlake came on and told me we're going to have to roll up our sleeves and put our noses to the grindstone...

That would make me sick too.

But, strangely enough, I have a couple of questions for you in that regard.

A) You actually pay attention to more than two words emitted from Justin Timberlake's mouth?

And 3.5623) You're actually, seriously analyzing rhetoric that's spewed forth from the man who's "bringing sexy back"?

Yikes.

DarkReign
01-20-2009, 09:21 AM
I think the hoopla over his inauguration is warranted, personally.

He is the first minority President. However you choose to downplay that is on you, not the media or Obama or black people. Its your bias, its your problem, you deal with it.

It is momentous. But it is only momentous, IMO, for today and probably tomorrow only.

After that, he just another President in a very short line of them. Lets see his agenda from his mind to his policy. Stomping the election trail and saying things one needs to say to get elected is one thing, actualy crafting policy and implementing is entirely another (as I am quite sure Mr Obama is well aware).

As for those who cry "Socialism", youre either hypocrites or ignorant. Bailing out the financial industry is socialism. Unfreezing credit for the auto industry is semi-socialism. Medicare is socialism. Social Security is not (you paid those taxes throuhout your working life, didnt you?).

There are aspects of our local, state and federal government that have been socialist long before you or I were even born. The free market is not a magic bullet, its a predatory society where the wheels of government are slowly eroded into what we find ourselves in today. A bought and paid for electorate whose sole objective is the protection of their investors.

Personally, this country is so far gone as it is, a collapse wouldnt appall me at all. I said it before, the Presidency after Bush should have been treated like a hot-potato. I wouldnt want this job. The country is fighting a two front war, the economy is in the tank with no end in sight (besides from opotomists) and the middle class is being removed from its seat of power.

The scales are tipping, and since I have no experience in what a revolutionary society looks like, I highly doubt social unrest was sparked and fought by McDonald's eating, mouth-breathing, television addicted, under-educated fatasses.

Obama is historic...today. He will also be forever remembered because his Presidency will either be wildly successful (in the face of the many adversaties) or an abject failure of epic proportion (in the face of the many adversaties).

I am hoping for success, but like I said, the next President was setup for failure after Bush.

Let me ask you, do you want to be Admiral Fallon, formerly in charge of US Central Command pre-surge and pre-buying off enemies?

Or General Petraeus, post-surge and post-buying off our enemies?

I have a sinking feeling Obama is going to fall on the sword and the next President will be heralded as the Righter-of-Wrongs. But its immaterial, this is a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately world. If Obama is remembered as a failure, it will be on Obama.

That sort of intrinsic dichotomy comes with the biggest chair. There are no shades of gray in history's eyes. We shall see.

RandomGuy
01-20-2009, 10:21 AM

Barrack Obama?

It is a bit over the top.

But

When was the last time that either party produced a candidate that people really liked?

The GOP got Reagan, and a lot of conservative Dems, and since then the Dems have been scrambling to find the right note.

Bush and the GOP handed this one to Mr. O on a silver platter.

Can you really blame the half+ of this country who have chafed under Bush for years, AND were presented with not only a candidate who was NotBush, but that they could actually be a little excited about for having a *small* celebration?

If any conservative is really aghast or even surprised about this, then you have not been paying attention to how much Bush was disliked and how much what a lot of Obama said really resonated with a lot of people.

Winehole23
01-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Bush and the GOP handed this one to Mr. O on a silver platter.

If any conservative is really aghast or even surprised about this, then you have not been paying attention to how much Bush was disliked and how much what a lot of Obama said really resonated with a lot of people.I'd argue the Dems have been searching for the right tone since Bobby Kennedy.

Obama has obvious charisma, and he energized a Democratic base that has been moribund for 40 years.

Face it, conservatives: there's good cause to party. For the other side of the aisle, it's morning in America. I don't share their sense of inspiration, but I can feel the excitement.

It's contagious, and it pleases me to see so many of my hitherto jaded or apolitical friends jazzed about their President and the pomp of state.

Enough with the sour grapes. Let's celebrate another orderly, peaceful transfer of power. We can get back to the smackdown tomorrow.

clambake
01-20-2009, 10:51 AM
is there anything in this forum more entertaining than whottts' misery?

he started out in this thread begging the "cocksucker" for money.

FromWayDowntown
01-20-2009, 12:02 PM
I think the complaints about Obama's status as an African-American or not is a bit twisted. There's no doubt that had this man lived in the United States of America in the 1850's, he would have been constitutionally prohibited from voting, whether he was a slave or not; whether he was selling slaves or not. There's no doubt that had this man lived in the American South from 1865 through the mid-20th century, he would have been practically prohibited from voting in most precincts solely based upon his ethnicity.

Call him what you will, but none of those things can be said of any man previously elected to this office.

It's a monumental occasion.

He'll have to govern on his merits and he'll be judged on the merits for how he governs. But this particular moment in time -- occurring as I write this -- is undoubtedly historic and unprecedented.

Hook Dem
01-20-2009, 02:20 PM
"As for those who cry "Socialism", youre either hypocrites or ignorant. Bailing out the financial industry is socialism. Unfreezing credit for the auto industry is semi-socialism. Medicare is socialism. Social Security is not (you paid those taxes throuhout your working life, didnt you?)."
Medicare is not socialism. You have to pay monthly for it!

DarkReign
01-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Medicare is not socialism. You have to pay monthly for it!

Ummm, yeah...I am paying for it, but do not (and might not ever) benefit from it.

Therefore, it is a redistibution of wealth. Me being under 65 (or whatever the age is anymore) have to pay Medicare taxes and only those over 65 benefit from that tax.

Thats wealth redistribution. Thats socialism.

Tax is "apportioned" when the amount to be paid by the individual is determined by the apportionment among the whole body of taxpayers of a precalculated aggregate or yield.

Seeing as my taxes are not being apportioned to the whole of society (like roads, schools, etc), it is in fact, socialism.

balli
01-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Seeing as my taxes are not being apportioned to the whole of society (like roads, schools, etc), it is in fact, socialism.

It's a socialized policy, not socialism. And your economic assessment relating to indentured servitude aside, to a degree we're still a capitalist nation. At least in theory. In any event, it doesn't really work to make blanket statements about what one type of a system we're living under. In fact, given how fucked up things are right now, I doubt anybody could even say yet, with any real certainty, what the American economic system has become.

Winehole23
01-20-2009, 02:57 PM
It's a socialized policy, not socialism. And your economic assessment relating to indentured servitude aside, to a degree we're still a capitalist nation. At least in theory. In any event, it doesn't really work to make blanket statements about what one type of a system we're living under. In fact, given how fucked up things are right now, I doubt anybody could even say yet, with any real certainty, what the American economic system has become.I'll give it a stab: it's mixed, Chinese style capitalism.

balli
01-20-2009, 03:01 PM
I'll give it a stab: it's mixed, Chinese style capitalism.
Yeah. Probably. For now. We'll have to see how much a precedent these bailouts have really set for the future.

Gino
01-20-2009, 03:06 PM
I thought this was a country where we didn't create icons out of people until after they had done something, and usually after they were long gone.

This is a joke. A few million people voted for a guy because it was trendy and now we have a president who's about to find out that governing (something he's never done) is a lot tougher than campaigning on "Hope".

DarkReign
01-20-2009, 03:08 PM
It's a socialized policy, not socialism.

Yeah, I can live with that. Socialized Policy is far more accurate.

And your economic assessment relating to indentured servitude aside, to a degree we're still a capitalist nation. At least in theory. In any event, it doesn't really work to make blanket statements about what one type of a system we're living under. In fact, given how fucked up things are right now, I doubt anybody could even say yet, with any real certainty, what the American economic system has become.

While I appreciate your assessment, I never said we live under Socialism (in the Marxist sense). I was trying to say that there are socialist aspects to this country that pre-date our arrival in life and that bitching about what may or may not be socialism for the resident neo-cons is a practice in futility because they suffer from confirmation bias.

balli
01-20-2009, 03:18 PM
I thought this was a country where we didn't create icons out of people until after they had done something, and usually after they were long gone.

This is a joke. A few million people voted for a guy because it was trendy and now we have a president who's about to find out that governing (something he's never done) is a lot tougher than campaigning on "Hope".

If you think it's so unbearably bad or just a trend that somehow going to ruin your life, how about you do us all a favor and end your own life already? Seriously. I'm sick of you just crying & bellyaching like a spoiled 2 year old girl. Get the fuck over and act like a man. Fucking pussy.

implacable44
01-20-2009, 03:34 PM
People with that type of mentality will never accept unity. You always question it and hate on it and will refuse to let the goodness take over you. Let those "sheep" celebrate what they overcame throughout history. It's waaaay better than folks gathering around some hate speeches.

Unity ? you are mistaken and decieved if you think unity is the goal or even achievable.

Creepn
01-20-2009, 03:48 PM
How magnanimous of you. The prison-industrial complex thanks you for your support, Creepn.

From the statistics I seen, the rate of drug use among African Americans is quite even keel among the whites so that's not what I'm saying.

Blacks knows how prejudice the courts can be so what should they do? Dont put themselves in that type of position. Stay away from the drugs.

Creepn
01-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Unity ? you are mistaken and decieved if you think unity is the goal or even achievable.

I see a black president up there. Took more than blacks to get that man elected.

whottt
01-20-2009, 04:49 PM
So you're from the religion of the free market taking care of our people? The same free market that has run to China and replaced good-paying manufacturing jobs with health care for shitty service jobs at Wal-Mart and Target with absolutely no benefits? The past 20 years our hands-off government has helped the free market's invisible hand to get and tighten its grip around the throats of Americans, whether it's the job loss to China and Mexico, letting Enron rape the state of California with inflated energy costs and rolling blackouts, the oil bubble last year, or the housing/credit bubble made 1000x worse by unregulated speculation.

What a simple minded view of the world...and you just place it all the feet of Consevatives or Bush? :lmao

How old are you?

Even more hilarious, you think Obama(citizen of the world)'s policies are going to fix this?

He's going to be the worst ever about it...as he's clearly not an America first type guys...that's the problem I have with him...not that he's likely corrupt, but that he's not patriotically corrupt.

PS: You must not have been following politics during the Clinton years.

baseline bum
01-20-2009, 04:50 PM
What a simple minded view of the world...and you just place it all the feet of Consevatives or Bush? :lmao

How old are you?

You must not have been following politics during the Clinton years.

You really are a stupid fuck. The last 20 years include Clinton you shithead, and I hate him for selling us out to China.

baseline bum
01-20-2009, 04:56 PM
What a simple minded view of the world.

I'm the one with the simple-minded view? Your post is government-bad, unchecked free market-good.

Darrin
01-20-2009, 05:01 PM
On the contrary. I belive in twenty years, we'll look at back at this hysteria and realize that this moment wasn't near as monumental as the The Dred Scott case, MLK's speech etc. Much like Obama's big speech on race/Wright during the campaign that many were claiming was his "Gettysburge-esque" speech. I knew two seconds afterwards that that speech accomplished nothing and he would still have to hear about Rev. Wright until he out-right denounced him (which he eventually did).

Wednesday, we're going to have uneployment over 7% and moving upward. We're going to have a trillion dollar deficit, a post-bubble housing market, two military conflicts and social security entitlements for the majority of our population on the horizon.

Being black doesn't make Obama a great man. Being a good speaker doesn't make Obama a great man. Lets wait until he solves any of our problems or gets the country to come together on any issue before we wear the "yes we did!" buttons.

I suggest reading his book the Audacity of Hope. He describes his life experiences and his beliefs. Those beliefs and how he handled himself in the campaign were why I came to the conclusion he was a good man and a promising leader.

As far as Reverend Wright is concerned, the man shares his anger or at least empathizes with him. He would have to resign from the church anyway. But when he lost a political battle he stood up and told the American people what he thought in a very fatherly manner. If you wish to be cynical or think only in politics, he was able to sway Africans to believe he was black enough. I choose to see the former.

implacable44
01-20-2009, 05:04 PM
I suggest reading his book the Audacity of Hope. He describes his life experiences and his beliefs. Those beliefs and how he handled himself in the campaign were why I came to the conclusion he was a good man and a promising leader.

As far as Reverend Wright is concerned, the man shares his anger or at least empathizes with him. He would have to resign from the church anyway. But when he lost a political battle he stood up and told the American people what he thought in a very fatherly manner. If you wish to be cynical or think only in politics, he was able to sway Africans to believe he was black enough. I choose to see the former.

then you know he is very Marxist in his beliefs.

whottt
01-20-2009, 05:16 PM
I'm the one with the simple-minded view? Your post is government-bad, unchecked free market-good.

:lmao, government is bad is not near as simplistic as government as good...and unlike your belief, the government is bad philisophy is easily proven, whereas the government is good philosophy is pretty much impossible to prove.

On top of that...I want you ask yourself why just about the biggest beneficiaries of that unchecked free market abuse, back your boy Barrack Obama.

DarkReign
01-20-2009, 05:19 PM
On top of that...I want you ask yourself why just about the biggest beneficiaries of that unchecked free market abuse, back your boy Barrack Obama.

Because government is a bought and paid for commodity, regardless of political affiliation?

They went with the front-runner and won. Big whoop?

baseline bum
01-20-2009, 05:21 PM
:lmao, government is bad is not near as simplistic as government as good...and unlike your belief, the government is bad philisophy is easily proven, whereas the government is good philosophy is pretty much impossible to prove.

You live in a real fantasy world, thinking this country would be better of by neutering anything that puts the free market in check. Worked out well for you the last year, right?

whottt
01-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Because government is a bought and paid for commodity, regardless of political affiliation?

They went with the front-runner and won. Big whoop?

No offense, but I lost interest in anything you had to say once I figures out your seemingly unlimited capacity for self deception and prevarication...

You are either the most dishonest poster on this entire forum, or the most confused, either way, I get as much enjoyment out of any sort of a debate with you as I would ripping my ball hairs out one by one.

IOW, go tell it to somebody who gives a shit...

Darrin
01-20-2009, 05:22 PM
then you know he is very Marxist in his beliefs.

He talks of the common good, yes. Is he un-American? No. I think Clinton, Bush, and Reagan come off as greedy when they talk of capitalistic ideals.

whottt
01-20-2009, 05:26 PM
You live in a real fantasy world, thinking this country would be better of by neutering anything that puts the free market in check.

Dude...you live in a fantasy world of thinking governments are competent.

The way you combat free market abuse is not by government intervention...the way you combat it is by competition.

The way you combat it is by citizen organization, not government intervention.

Any sort of wealth distribution works much better also, when citizens work this sort of thing out amongst themselves...not by the government getting involved.

Middlemen fuck things up base...

Worked out well for you the last year, right?

Actually, my economy is much improved over the past year....especially since the market collapse.

baseline bum
01-20-2009, 05:26 PM
No offense, but I lost interest in anything you had to say once I figures out your seemingly unlimited capacity for self deception and prevarication...

You are either the most dishonest poster on this entire forum, or the most confused, either way, I get as much enjoyment out of any sort of a debate with you as I would ripping my ball hairs out one by one.

This, coming from the person who constantly tried to make a case that Palin wasn't a politician? :lmao

baseline bum
01-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Dude...you live in a fantasy world of thinking governments are competent.

The way you combat free market abuse is not by government intervention...the way you combat it is by competition.

The way you combat it is by citizen organization, not government intervention.

Any sort of wealth distribution works much better also, when citizens work this sort of thing out amongst themselves...not by the government getting involved.

Middlemen fuck things up base...

Actually, my economy is much improved over the past year....especially since the market collapse.

Tell me how we compete with slave-level labor cost in China if we allow the conservative dogma of free-trade to hold.

DarkReign
01-20-2009, 05:29 PM

Well, you knew it before you started Im sure, but you win.

What whottt thinks of me will keep me awake at night, you blind partisan hack.

whottt
01-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Tell me how we compete with slave-labor prices in China if we allow the conservative dogma of free-trade to hold.

Simple...you don't by products made in China. If no one buys them then it becomes an unlucrative practice for them. If you are taliking about world trade...well there's not much you can do about it outside of either taking over China, or taking over the countries that do business with them...you little conservative you.

But you oversimplify things...child labor or not, China is going to beat our prices, because the average person there has a much lower standard of living.

If you truly want to compete with them and force our companies to do likewise, then you must learn to accept a lower standard of living...

You know...try not to be so materialistic...most of what we think we need, we don't really need at all.

There are 3 basic needs human beings have...foodwater, shelter, and interaction with other human beings-sex(and the last 2 are situational)...and everything else is a luxury...

But it's got a be a choice...it cannot be enforced, that's when it becomes corrupt.

Ultimately...

This is the sort of thing best taken upon onself...ditto weath distribution...and it's in this way that we primarily fail and are more ignorant than a typical tribal society.

In a typical tribal society, selfish leaders that hoarde their wealth and don't care for the have nots, that don't redistribute...are not respected by their people. They lose face within the tribe. It's where the old expression about socities being judged by the quality of life of their poorest citizens comes from...

IOW, you want wealth distribution in this country...the people are the ones that need to the pressure on the wealthy to do it...not the government. All the government is going to do is get in the way. And take a cut...and the redistribution process is fucked up.

And all these billionaires supporting Obama, that have no intention of re-distributing the majority of their wealth, I like to call them socialists, but claim they do intend to redistribute as they support him...

These guys gain face and respect among the poor, by going straight to them with the redistribution...

It is a citizen to citizen thing, done for respect and admiration...that's the way it works best...not the goverment doing it for you, for that is going to corrupt the process.

Furthermore if the government imposes it, forces wealth distribution, there is no good will built in the process, it is forced...and more importantly, it is the first stage of tyranny...

This is why your soclialism fails...because it cannot be forced and live up to the spirit of the concept.

IOW, it's always best to wipe your own ass base. And it's never evedr good to count on someone else to wipe it for you.

Someday when you're in a nursing home...you'll figure it out....you'll also learn that no one wipes the ass of someone else for the simple pleasure of doing so...if they are promising you an asswiping...almost certainly they want something substantial in return.

I'll wipe my own ass thank you very much...and on the day I no longer can, well I hope I get a bullet in my head. And frankly...I don't really want to shake hands for become friends with anyone promising me an asswiping, I damn sure don't trust them.

Gino
01-20-2009, 06:11 PM

Read it last May. He doesn't describe his life experiences in it, that was the other one. Audacity of Hope is his view of what the country should be and he also points out many problems it currently has. Its a decent read.

Still dont think he's a leader. Still dont think he's going to bring any real change. His cabinent and stimulus bill are the status quo.

This man is no Colin Powell and its a shame that such a historic event was wasted on such a trendy pick.

baseline bum
01-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Simple...you don't by products made in China. If no one buys them then it becomes an unlucrative practice for them. If you are taliking about world trade...well there's not much you can do about it outside of either taking over China, or taking over the countries that do business with them...you little conservative you.

But you oversimplify things...child labor or not, China is going to beat our prices, because the average person there has a much lower standard of living.

So your philosophy is to string everyone out to dry who cannot compete with large organized companies like Wal-Mart? Sort of like the way the consumer has been getting screwed on prescription drugs or how someone who can't afford insurance gets murdered on the bill at the hospital? Maybe California should have told Enron to fuck off; who actually needs light, air conditioning, a working refrigerator, etc?

It is absolutely government's job to look out for its citizens well-being and to keep them from being exploited by those powerful enough to buy them up. Otherwise, why even have a government? Why have a national defense? Your philosophy seems to be we should have small militias fighting our wars. Not sure how they're going to afford F-22s or cruise missiles.

So anyway, is having a police force wealth distribution? Should I have to pay the fire department a few G to have them come and put out my house fire? I'll lay my own damn roads too.

If you truly want to compete with them and force our companies to do likewise, then you must learn to accept a lower standard of living...

You know...try not to be so materialistic...most of what we think we need, we don't really need at all.

Wanting jobs in America = being materialistic? Seeing that our nation will go down in flames if we allow our entire manufacturing sector to continue to disappear = materialism?

IOW, it's always best to wipe your own ass base. And it's never evedr good to count on someone else to wipe it for you.

Wanting something in return for the taxes I pay = ass-wiping? Brilliant. I know; a real American wouldn't be pissed that his tax dollars are used to wipe the asses of Wal-Mart, Lockheed-Martin, Enron, and Exxon.

whottt
01-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Wanting something in return for the taxes I pay = ass-wiping? Brilliant. I know; a real American wouldn't be pissed that his tax dollars are used to wipe the asses of Wal-Mart, Lockheed-Martin, Enron, and Exxon.

I'll be back to destroy the rest of your post in a bit, short answer, yes, the govermments primary job is defense of the people from external military threats.

But I do want to touch on this last part...I honestly don't know what point you are trying to make there, but for now I'll just say I was dead set against just about every bailout, especially the banking ones. Those banking companies are slitting their own throats with their gouging and cannibalistic lending practices...I masturbate in ecastasy every time one of them goes under. Die die die...the solution is simple...get better banks.

We just enabled them to continue the same practices that are putting them, and us, under...by throwing that money at them, it was a horrible solution, and it didn't solve the problem. IF you think your 401k is safe now...you are deluding yourself.

Don't even get me started on the auto industry...we make shitty cars, that are unaffordable...I don't care how much moneywe throw at them, it's not going to make them produce better cars, it's not going to make them more affordable...it's their time to survive or die...

You let me know next time you buy an American car base...I want to see those bailout dollars at work.

They need to build better cars...and they need to tell those unions they aren't worth the money they are costing and let them go. For plenty of Americans taking over those jobs would be a step up...and would probably go hand in hand with an increased commitment to turning out a better product.

whottt
01-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Bottom like base...you want to the government to do it for you. Why not just make it your title?

baseline bum
01-20-2009, 08:10 PM
I'll be back to destroy the rest of your post in a bit, short answer, yes, the govermments primary job is defense of the people from external military threats.

But I do want to touch on this last part...I honestly don't know what point you are trying to make there, but for now I'll just say I was dead set against just about every bailout, especially the banking ones. Those banking companies are slitting their own throats with their gouging and cannibalistic lending practices...I masturbate in ecastasy every time one of them goes under. Die die die...the solution is simple...get better banks.

We just enabled them to continue the same practices that are putting them, and us, under...by throwing that money at them, it was a horrible solution, and it didn't solve the problem. IF you think your 401k is safe now...you are deluding yourself.

Don't even get me started on the auto industry...we make shitty cars, that are unaffordable...I don't care how much moneywe throw at them, it's not going to make them produce better cars, it's not going to make them more affordable...it's their time to survive or die...

You let me know next time you buy an American car base...I want to see those bailout dollars at work.

They need to build better cars...and they need to tell those unions they aren't worth the money they are costing and let them go. For plenty of Americans taking over those jobs would be a step up...and would probably go hand in hand with an increased commitment to turning out a better product.

China most-favored nation trade status = wiping Wal-Mart's ass
Iraq war = wiping Lockheed's ass
neutering government's ability to monitor speculation = wiping Enron's ass

baseline bum
01-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Bottom like base...you want to the government to do it for you. Why not just make it your title?

Your philosophy has drastically weakened this country, and your solution is more of the same.

whottt
01-20-2009, 08:40 PM
China most-favored nation trade status = wiping Wal-Mart's ass

And you think this is going to change under Obama? Jesus Christ, this guy serves more foreign interests than any President we have ever elected in history. That's my problem with him.

Iraq war = wiping Lockheed's ass

It doesn't matter once went in to Iraq...there are no do-overs. IT then becomes a situation of getting every possible positive out of the situation, regardless of why we went in.

Had you guys figured this out in 2004, Bush wouldn't have been re-elected.

neutering government's ability to monitor speculation = wiping Enron's ass

Yeah becuse Government monitoring is always done with utmost of integrity and honesty....because politicians are overwhelmingly honest and forthright people.

Fool.

whottt
01-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Your philosophy has drastically weakened this country, and your solution is more of the same.

No...my philosophy is what this was country founded upon...it's also one based in reality. Governments are inherently corrupt, that is why you limit their power, because there is no such animal as an incorrupt government, and those that think there is, are either fools or liars.

You can talk about what the government should and would do till you're blue in the face...it's not going to make them suddenly become honest with human characteristics.

Furthermore...the government is supposed to be slave to the people, the more responsibility you give it, the bigger you make it, the more people become slaves to the government.

baseline bum
01-20-2009, 09:10 PM

Why is big government good in this one isolated case? To save American lives? Like the police, fire department, and health care?

whottt
01-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Why is big government good in this one isolated case?

Because it keeps people with fancy trinkets from coming and taking all your land...and giving you smallpox, and shooting you, shit like that. I mean it does that job better than anything else.

To save American lives?

To save America.

Like the police, fire department,

These are examples of small local governments...they have their plusses and negatives and please stop your inane attempt to use these as some kind of example of a National Socialist Government...you look stupid when you do that.

and health care?

I'd say our current health care fuck up arose from just a small dose of government intervention....you aint seen nothin yet buddy.

I personally say we should abolish all health insurance, which is a form of socialism...that'll be the start of fixing the problem.

baseline bum
01-20-2009, 10:24 PM
I thought all government was corrupt, whottt. You've already thrown your pull yourself up by the bootstraps principles out the door when you say government is needed to protect your land. You're willing to put the government in charge of the most important job a nation can give anyone, because it's the best option? Kind of like how its the best option to have government watchdogs making sure investors aren't cheating Americans out of their hard-earned money? Making sure we're not producing food that kills like they do in China? etc.

I find it amazing that you only want government to be a parasite that takes without doing anything for its people.

whottt
01-20-2009, 10:36 PM
I thought all government was corrupt, whottt.

It is...the bigger it is the more corrupt it gets. The more responsibility it has the more corrupt it gets. The more people it attempts to represent at one time, the more it fails.

You've already thrown your pull yourself up by the bootstraps principles out the door when you say government is needed to protect your land.

I said the government is needed to protect the country from external threats.

You're willing to put the government in charge of the most important job a nation can give anyone, because it's the best option?

That, and there's no other entity that can do it...

Kind of like how its the best option to have government watchdogs making sure investors aren't cheating Americans out of their hard-earned money?

But it's not the best option...in fact it's then politicized, which guarantees someone is going to get fucked.

Making sure we're not producing food that kills like they do in China? etc.

Are you on fucking crack? You just used China to bolster your argument in favor of pervasive government?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

I find it amazing that you only want government to be a parasite that takes without doing anything for its people.

It's not what I want government to be...it's what they inevitably are or become...and you are part of that problem my friend.

You have some idealistic view that completely ignores the world we live in, and just about every available example of big governments and the impact they have.

I am not against all socialistic ideas...I'm just against attempting to implement them at the National Level...and I'm against imposing them.

Governments don't take care of people...People take care of people.

boutons_
01-20-2009, 10:39 PM
"when in truth he is only half black."

How many A-A are 100% black?

CuckingFunt
01-20-2009, 10:47 PM

Considering this is the same country that made Paris Hilton a celebrity, I don't know how you could possibly be under that impression.

baseline bum
01-20-2009, 10:48 PM
You have some idealistic view that completely ignores the world we live in, and just about every available example of big governments and the impact they have.

You have some idealistic views on capitalism. Your argument boils down to we should have no police because some are corrupt.

whottt
01-20-2009, 11:14 PM
You have some idealistic views on capitalism. Your argument boils down to we should have no police because some are corrupt.

I never said it...

#1. You are lumping local government and National Government together.

#2.IF anything police fall under the primary purpose of a government of protecting the people from external threats(external at a different level)...

Even with that example though...I can show you numerous examples of mass corruption and abuse of power even at the local level.....certainly there is enough evidence there to give you a reason to pause at entrusting the government with even more responsiblity, especially at the National level.

I can't believe I am having to explain to this to someone who lived in SA...with their police force. Must have been before your time..........

This debate isn't just about government...it's about National Government, and in case you haven't noticed, we are pretty diverse country and so it's unlikely that anything implemented at the National level is going to be the magic fix all at smaller levels. What works for New York doesn't work for Kansas...that's why it's best to leave New York up to New York and Kansas up to Kansas as much as possible.

whottt
01-20-2009, 11:16 PM

I'm not really that capitalist by the way...but I definitely see the benfits of separating business from the government.

Edit: And I'm not really against wealth distribution...I'm against imposing it, and I'm definitely against the National Government being in charge of it...that's just more hands in the cookie jar. You're a fool if you think tehy are going to be honest because of their stated party affiliation and political inclinations.

There are other ways to encourage wealth distribution...straight from the havs to the have nots...and the government isn't needed to do it at all really.

Difference between us? I'm not stupid enough to think only one party or leaning has corrupt people in it..

You OTOH, all someone has to do is say they're a socialist or a Democrat and you're sold...

There are going to be corrupt people in Obama's admin...they are going to be caught, they are going to be exposed, just like with the Republicans. So exactly how much you want them to have?

And once you've given them all that power...then what happens when those corrupt Republicans regain control of the country?