PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLIII: Cardinals vs. Steelers

Pages : [1] 2

CubanMustGo
01-18-2009, 10:51 PM
One of the NFL's most successful franchises against one of its least. Love what the Cards have done but can't see them pull this one off.

Steelers 31
Cardinals 17

Brutalis
01-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Most lopsided SB of this decade.

InRareForm
01-18-2009, 11:00 PM

just like last year right?

mytespurs
01-18-2009, 11:00 PM
I am not going to discount the Cardinals at all; it wouldn't shock me one iota if the Cards win....what a story that would be! :toast

IronMexican
01-18-2009, 11:07 PM

I don't think this could top the Ravens vs Giants. What was it, 35-7?

bostonguy
01-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Steelers win this one easily 31-10. The Cards have had a wonderful season but the Steelers D is that damn good. The Steelers havent faced an offense like the Cards but the Cards havent faced a D like the steelers. Great D>Great O.

bostonguy
01-18-2009, 11:22 PM
I don't think this could top the Ravens vs Giants. What was it, 35-7?

34-7 and the most pathetic superbowl game before it even started. Collins vs Dilfer!:lmao:lmao

Brutalis
01-18-2009, 11:25 PM
just like last year right?

This has what to do with last year?

Anyways.

InRareForm
01-18-2009, 11:27 PM
This has what to do with last year?

Anyways.

Patriots were 12 point favorites in last years superbowl.

KidCongo
01-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Go Cards!

Warlord23
01-18-2009, 11:54 PM
I have all the respect in the world for the Cards. They will have the best QB and the best WR on the field at Tampa.

That said, I wonder if they can be adequately prepared for a D like the one they will face next. First off, their run game is likely to be shut down badly. Also, the Steelers won't throw an obvious, all-out blitz like the one Philly showed, and which Warner burned badly in the first half.

Even with that, the Cardinals had exactly one scoring drive in the entire 2nd half and let the Eagles come all the way back. I don't think they can score 24 in the whole game, let alone in a half against Pitt. Which means their D will have to keep the Steelers around 20; if the Ravens couldn't do it, I doubt if the Cardinals can.

But I think they'll still put up a hell of a fight. The Warner-Fitzgerald-Boldin combo is a threat to turn a game on a dime at any point. I just think that if the Steelers avoid mistakes and turnovers, they have the tools to pull away.

pawe
01-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Cant blame you guys for thinking the Cards are going to be dog shit on Tampa but they have all the tools to counter the impressive defense of the Steelers.
Cardinals 28
Steelers 14

beefanus
01-19-2009, 12:24 AM
i am just worried about their offence cause they unlike the ravens who throw it down feild every chance they get hopeing for a PI cause they know they cant score unless its given to them, the cards have a good and explosive offence but we will see. i still say steelers by a landslide!

JoeTait75
01-19-2009, 12:25 AM
Cards have a couple of big things going for them:

- A coaching staff that is intimately familiar with the Steelers and their personnel

- A quarterback who has seen it all, done it all, and who absolutely will not fold, will not rattle, will not be smaller than the moment.

I have no problem seeing Arizona winning this game. Besides, after the Super Bowl last year, nothing would surprise me.

Brutalis
01-19-2009, 12:27 AM
Patriots were 12 point favorites in last years superbowl.

Sorry champ, Cards are no Giants.

But only time will tell for you huh.

beefanus
01-19-2009, 12:30 AM
Cards have a couple of big things going for them:

- A coaching staff that is intimately familiar with the Steelers and their personnel

- A quarterback who has seen it all, done it all, and who absolutely will not fold, will not rattle, will not be smaller than the moment.

I have no problem seeing Arizona winning this game. Besides, after the Super Bowl last year, nothing would surprise me.
your right the head coach was the steelers offencive cord. when they won superbowl XL but as for warner he will be eating the grass all day and palamalu will be their picing him off and him and taylor will be doubleing fitz steelers will win!!!!

LakerHater
01-19-2009, 12:31 AM
Well the Cards did a good job of pickin up Iggles blitzes!!
If they can do the same with Pitt they'll be fine!!
I think Warner, if givin the chance, can expose the secondary!!
Palomaolo can't be around 3 different receivers..... can he? ....Well see....

Brutalis
01-19-2009, 01:09 AM
Watching the Steelers in the second half of this season got me back into football. I mean watching it every weekend and watching NFL Live programs and such.

Even though I'm a Dolphins fan.

JMarkJohns
01-19-2009, 01:17 AM
Indianapolis with even less of a running and receiving game was able to defeat these Steelers. Last year's Cardinals were able to defeat last year's Steelers (#1 in opponent YPG, 2nd in opponent ppg), a team with a top quality defense that includes almost every current defender. This year's Cardinals put up 29 points on a Giants defense that the Steelers could only muster 14 against.

At this point, nothing would surprise me. The Cardinals could lose by 20 or win by 20. Today proved they can win the close game when the chips are down and momentum is on the other side of the field. They are fast to the ball, they hit very hard and they force turnovers - 14 (counting turnovers on downs) thus far in three postseason games.

Point is, Boldin will be nearly 100%. That's going to be huge. Fitz has been unbelievable, but Boldin can destroy defenses... even great ones.

When the Cardinals played the Steelers and Ravens defenses last season, Fitz went for 120 yards and Boldin for 181 yards respectively. When the Cardinals defeated the Steelers last season, they did it without Boldin.

I think this will be very competetive.

Brutalis
01-19-2009, 01:21 AM
31-10 Steelers.

SpursFanFirst
01-19-2009, 01:52 AM
:sleep

Cry Havoc
01-19-2009, 02:00 AM
I find it funny that the Cards have been HEAVY underdogs for every playoff game this season. They've dominated so far. I'm not saying they're going to destroy the Steelers, but how can you be sure that this is going to be a rout?

beefanus
01-19-2009, 04:33 AM
Well the Cards did a good job of pickin up Iggles blitzes!!
If they can do the same with Pitt they'll be fine!!
I think Warner, if givin the chance, can expose the secondary!!
Palomaolo can't be around 3 different receivers..... can he? ....Well see....
here is what u r forgetting the steelers have so many looks their d is much more advanced and more tricky much more i mean their defencive cord. litterally invented the zone blitz they will give warner so many diff looks he wont kno what coming half the time and the eagles lost cause they couldnt tackles for anything guys r just bouncing off it was sickining but then i am used to watching the steelers play with them its basic fundimental tackling and frankly they dont miss aolt at all and further more they r much much smarter on defence that the eagles were or will ever be. you just have to face it yea ok the eagles beat the steelers but on paper and on the feild the steelers have proven they r the 1 one d and their offence can put up points effectivly, they r just all around a better team and will beat the cards in 2 weeks, its quite simple

beefanus
01-19-2009, 04:44 AM
Indianapolis with even less of a running and receiving game was able to defeat these Steelers. Last year's Cardinals were able to defeat last year's Steelers (#1 in opponent YPG, 2nd in opponent ppg), a team with a top quality defense that includes almost every current defender. This year's Cardinals put up 29 points on a Giants defense that the Steelers could only muster 14 against.

At this point, nothing would surprise me. The Cardinals could lose by 20 or win by 20. Today proved they can win the close game when the chips are down and momentum is on the other side of the field. They are fast to the ball, they hit very hard and they force turnovers - 14 (counting turnovers on downs) thus far in three postseason games.

Point is, Boldin will be nearly 100%. That's going to be huge. Fitz has been unbelievable, but Boldin can destroy defenses... even great ones.

When the Cardinals played the Steelers and Ravens defenses last season, Fitz went for 120 yards and Boldin for 181 yards respectively. When the Cardinals defeated the Steelers last season, they did it without Boldin.

I think this will be very competetive.
dont even think about comparing the giants d and the giants steelers game to what the cards did or have done fact is this isnt gaints steelers that was a defensive game as well as a running game that means it is low scoring and will always be low scoring in those situasions. the cards couldnt play that type of game they have a havy passing game and rightfully so they have the best wide reciver set in the nfl. and you cant compare last years steelers with this years because their d is much better than it was last year and most of their players r healthy unlike past time ben is playing good and willie is healthy, he was out last season with a broken leg so this team is not the same nor r the cards i mean their x steerls coachs r the reason they r here their good and they kno what their doing it will be a higher scoring game but the steelers will be able to stop the cards in clutch moments witch the eagles could not and they will be able to score all over the cards defence i mean bens arm is better and he is healthy he hasnt thrown a pic in the play-off and only been sacked like 4 times thats huge for the steelers and they will come to play i think all around they r more balanced and with everything added up better they dont wait for big playes to happen they make the big playes happen like palamalu did a few hours ago closed out the game they will take this game and it will be a esier game then playing the ravens for them.

timvp
01-19-2009, 06:18 AM
I thought the Cardinals were going to get curbstomped each week. Now I'm starting to think they might be able to do it. If Ward is out, I don't think the Steelers can rely on cross field ducks by Roethlisberger for touchdowns and flops by the punter.

I think it'll just come down to how Warner plays. If he's at the top of his game and Boldin can get healthy, even the Pittsburgh D will be in trouble.

mojorizen7
01-19-2009, 09:52 AM
Warner's gonna get another Lombardi, ending his career the way he started it
('99 RAMS)......on top.
Book it.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Cardinals 17
Steelers 13

pawe
01-19-2009, 11:03 AM
Warner's gonna get another Lombardi, ending his career the way he started it
('99 RAMS)......on top.
Book it.

Do we really have to go to the "book it" route? You know that phrase doesnt hold a good rep here.

stretch
01-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Cardinals 31
Steelers 20

IronMexican
01-19-2009, 11:47 AM
35-25 Cards. I really just want a great game, funny commercials, and to possibly get laid.

monosylab1k
01-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Bernard Pollard deserves a ring regardless of who wins.

JMarkJohns
01-19-2009, 12:51 PM
dont even think about comparing the giants d and the giants steelers game to what the cards did or have done fact is this isnt gaints steelers that was a defensive game as well as a running game that means it is low scoring and will always be low scoring in those situasions. the cards couldnt play that type of game they have a havy passing game and rightfully so they have the best wide reciver set in the nfl. and you cant compare last years steelers with this years because their d is much better than it was last year and most of their players r healthy unlike past time ben is playing good and willie is healthy, he was out last season with a broken leg so this team is not the same nor r the cards i mean their x steerls coachs r the reason they r here their good and they kno what their doing it will be a higher scoring game but the steelers will be able to stop the cards in clutch moments witch the eagles could not and they will be able to score all over the cards defence i mean bens arm is better and he is healthy he hasnt thrown a pic in the play-off and only been sacked like 4 times thats huge for the steelers and they will come to play i think all around they r more balanced and with everything added up better they dont wait for big playes to happen they make the big playes happen like palamalu did a few hours ago closed out the game they will take this game and it will be a esier game then playing the ravens for them.

Paragraphs and punctuation.

It's true, these Cardinals have not played these Steelers. But they did beat a very good Steelers' defense last season (1st opponent YPG, 2nd opponent PPG), and did manage to put up 29 and 32 points on two top-5 overall defenses this season in the Giants (4th opponent YPG, 5th opponent PPG) and the Eagles (3rd opponent YPG, 4th opponent PPG), respectively.

The Steelers haven't faced a passing attack all season like the one they'll see from the Cardinals. The only one comparable is the Colts, a team these Steelers lost to.

I don't write this because I expect the Cardinals to win. I'm a 20-year Cardinal fan, which means I have known far more bad than good, which means any optimism is always tempered optimism. Like I said, nothing at this point would surprise me. The Cardinals can enter the game overwhelmed and unfocused and get crushed. Or they could enter the game hardened and intent on taking it to their opponent, like they have this entire postseason and make a game of this Super Bowl.

I write all this to show that this Steelers team is not without blemish. That are suseptable to passing attacks and that this Cardinals team is not unable to score against good to great defenses.

I expect each team's score somewhere around 20 points. I'll say 23-20.

stretch
01-19-2009, 12:55 PM
I just have a hard time betting against Kurt Warner, especially considering the way he completely rendered the Eagle's blitzes useless with screens and quick passes up the seams. And then they have both Fitzgerald Boldin... two recievers that require double teams. They did a damn good job of hiding their strategies toward the end of the season, as soon as they got that playoff spot locked up. And Wisenhunt knows the Steelers quite well. This reminds me of Gruden vs. the Raiders all over again. I think the Cardinals are going to play a damn good game.

Warlord23
01-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Cardinals 31
Steelers 20

Thank you! Now that the Cardinals have stretch's kiss of death, that just about seals it for the Steelers

stretch
01-19-2009, 02:33 PM
:lol

CubanMustGo
01-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Cards will win if they can keep Warner upright. What you saw yesterday was the Cards offense collapse when the Eagles were able to get pressure. The Steelers can probably exert MORE pressure than the Eagles while doing a better job of covering the Cards WRs.

Cardinals will probably have to get more production from receivers not named Fitzgerald to have a chance.

crc21209
01-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Fuck this Steelers hype. Yeah the defense is great but the offense isnt that great. Plus who the hell is gonna stop Larry Fitzgerald at this point? Roethlisberger just isnt that great of a QB, and yes I hear this oh he gets it done over and over blah blah blah...that Offense can be stopped easily. Cardinals are on a roll that you have to get on to win the SB ala NYG last year. So Cardinals win 24-13.

mojorizen7
01-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Do we really have to go to the "book it" route? You know that phrase doesnt hold a good rep here.

I don't give a shit about my rep here. Who the fuck are you?
Book it.

LakerHater
01-19-2009, 07:12 PM
here is what u r forgetting the steelers have so many looks their d is much more advanced and more tricky much more i mean their defencive cord. litterally invented the zone blitz they will give warner so many diff looks he wont kno what coming half the time and the eagles lost cause they couldnt tackles for anything guys r just bouncing off it was sickining but then i am used to watching the steelers play with them its basic fundimental tackling and frankly they dont miss aolt at all and further more they r much much smarter on defence that the eagles were or will ever be. you just have to face it yea ok the eagles beat the steelers but on paper and on the feild the steelers have proven they r the 1 one d and their offence can put up points effectivly, they r just all around a better team and will beat the cards in 2 weeks, its quite simple
Well, I'm not sayin that they aren't gonna win!!
I just don't think it'll be a blowout!

ClingingMars
01-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Go Cards!

IronMexican
01-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Too many people picking Cards. My hesd says Pitt, but, my heart says Zona. Let's go Cards!

samikeyp
01-19-2009, 08:44 PM
27-10, Pittsburgh

pawe
01-19-2009, 09:38 PM
I don't give a shit about my rep here. Who the fuck are you?
Book it.

Calm the fuck down you asshole! I said "that phrase" doesnt have a good rep...not YOU. Learn to read next time before acting like a little bitch.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-20-2009, 12:09 AM
Really what this game will come down to is how Tlong predicts the winner. Everyone who's anyone knows he has the absolute worst prediction record in the history of the spurstalk forums.

mojorizen7
01-20-2009, 01:54 AM
Calm the fuck down you asshole! I said "that phrase" doesnt have a good rep...not YOU. Learn to read next time before acting like a little bitch.

I'm hurt.
Book it.

J.T.
01-20-2009, 03:45 AM
35-25 Cards. I really just want a great game, funny commercials, and to possibly get laid.

Not gonna happen with that attitude. At this point I would suggest employing the services of a trustworthy rohypnol dealer and supporting the local economy by buying some of his product.

beefanus
01-20-2009, 02:54 PM
I thought the Cardinals were going to get curbstomped each week. Now I'm starting to think they might be able to do it. If Ward is out, I don't think the Steelers can rely on cross field ducks by Roethlisberger for touchdowns and flops by the punter.

I think it'll just come down to how Warner plays. If he's at the top of his game and Boldin can get healthy, even the Pittsburgh D will be in trouble.
if you have seen ben play the last 2 weeks his arm is healthy now, he doesnt throw ducks, the reason he was earleir in the season was because he was playing with a separated shoulder. his arm is better and everything is on spot and in tight spirels

Les Grossman
01-20-2009, 02:58 PM
if you have seen ben play the last 2 weeks his arm is healthy now, he doesnt throw ducks, the reason he was earleir in the season was because he was playing with a separated shoulder. his arm is better and everything is on spot and in tight spirels

Proof: beefanus is ducks. Go fuck yourself.

lefty
01-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Both teams have great QB's (Warner and Hamburger)

Warner should have been the MVP, not Manning.

beefanus
01-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Proof: beefanus is ducks. Go fuck yourself.
r u a idiot... wait omg ur ducks thats proof, fucking jews

Les Grossman
01-20-2009, 03:15 PM

Fuckface, look... take a step back, and literally FUCK YOUR OWN FACE!!! You are the worst fucking poster on this board. A nutless monkey could do your troll job better than you.

beefanus
01-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Fuckface, look... take a step back, and literally FUCK YOUR OWN FACE!!! You are the worst fucking poster on this board. A nutless monkey could do your troll job better than you.
y the fuck is your name les grossman...?

Les Grossman
01-20-2009, 03:26 PM
y the fuck is your name les grossman...?
My fucking mother gave it to me. Why the fuck is your name beefanus? Did your father put his beef into your father's anus to conceive you? Fuck off, fuckface.

beefanus
01-20-2009, 03:33 PM
My fucking mother gave it to me. Why the fuck is your name beefanus? Did your father put his beef into your father's anus to conceive you? Fuck off, fuckface.
thats pretty gross grossman lol. les grossman wow thats a pretty funny name, lol, alot like rex grossman... did u steal his name? or i guess u guys could be lovers, went to cal got married.. or u could just be some 35 year old gay fuck who lives at home with his mother and sits at the computer all day and then at night gose to his job at pizza hut in his toyota corolla

Les Grossman
01-20-2009, 03:48 PM
thats pretty gross grossman lol. les grossman wow thats a pretty funny name, lol, alot like rex grossman... did u steal his name? or i guess u guys could be lovers, went to cal got married.. or u could just be some 35 year old gay fuck who lives at home with his mother and sits at the computer all day and then at night gose to his job at pizza hut in his toyota corolla
Think you're cute, eh? Trying to slip in hidden puns, that aren't well hidden. Listen here, fucko... keep it up, and I will ram my fist up your shithole so fucking hard that I will knock the teeth out of your fucking gums. Don't fuck with me, or I will storm your ass like fucking Normandy, motherfucker!

beefanus
01-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Think you're cute, eh? Trying to slip in hidden puns, that aren't well hidden. Listen here, fucko... keep it up, and I will ram my fist up your shithole so fucking hard that I will knock the teeth out of your fucking gums. Don't fuck with me, or I will storm your ass like fucking Normandy, motherfucker!
dude i have beef up my shithole?... the hole beefanus thing yea..? umm.. question y does alot of your post say u want to fuck me? i mean i am not like u and rex, nor do i want to be. and 3erd i do hope thats not your real picture under your name cause i mean if it is damn u r a balding, 30 year old living with mama

samikeyp
01-20-2009, 05:53 PM
dude i have beef up my shithole?... the hole beefanus thing yea..? umm.. question y does alot of your post say u want to fuck me? i mean i am not like u and rex, nor do i want to be. and 3erd i do hope thats not your real picture under your name cause i mean if it is damn u r a balding, 30 year old living with mama

Says the guy typing like a teenager.

beefanus
01-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Says the guy typing like a teenager.
lol

slayermin
01-22-2009, 06:36 AM
I am still shocked the Cardinals beat the Eagles. Except for the 3rd Quarter, they handled the blitzes by the Eagles fairly well. More importantly, Warner drove them down for the game winning touchdown against a very tough Philly defense in the 4th quarter. Asante Samuels didn't look healthy but it probably didn't matter because Fitzgerald is playing at an incredible level right now.

I think the Steelers win but I want to see a good game so I hope it's close. The Steelers 3-4 scheme with Polamalu causes so much pre snap havoc, it's gotta be difficult to prepare for in practice. Granted, Warner has two weeks to prepare but he hasn't this Steeler defense during the regular season like he did Philly and Carolina. Warner not only has to worry about what Polamalu is doing but he better keep track of where Harrison and Woodley is at all times.

Also, Ike Taylor is 6'2. He matches up better with Larry Fitzgerald. Asante Samuels and Sheldon Brown were only 5'10. And with Polamalu helping over the top, I think they can slow him down. Boldin will be a tougher matchup for Pittsburgh, if he's healthy. He will probably see a lot of one on one in man coverage with the way Fitzgerald is dominating.

pawe
01-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Polamalu is a efensive ace but he cant be in two places in one time. Kurt Warner is smart enough to know if a team is going to blitz and he has 3 very good WR that can catch the quick short pass after the snap (the play they did against the eagles biltz).

slayermin
01-24-2009, 01:26 AM
Polamalu is a efensive ace but he cant be in two places in one time. Kurt Warner is smart enough to know if a team is going to blitz and he has 3 very good WR that can catch the quick short pass after the snap (the play they did against the eagles biltz).

If Warner stays in shotgun every down, he can throw quick passes the entire game like Brady. But from what I have seen of the Cardinals, they don't really run that type of spread offense. And to go away from what they normally do would be stupid in the Super Bowl.

Imo, the game will be decided by big plays down the field. And with Ike Taylor and Polamalu, the Steelers matchup well with Fitzgerald. The Cardinals could try to throw quick passes the entire game, but I don't think it will be effective against the Steeler D. They tackle very well and Polamalu is as fast as most corners in the league which gives them a guy who can cover and stop the run. From down to down, the Steelers defense is so unpredictable, they are tough to read.

Like I said, I hope it's a close game. But I think the Steelers defense is tailor made to stop the Cardinals offense.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-24-2009, 02:13 AM
I just hope ownership opens up their checkbook this season regardless of who wins this game and tries to retain as much of the coaching staff as possible. It looks like they dodged a bullet and Grimm isn't gonna get a head coaching job. I haven't heard much about Clancy.

Retaining Grimm, Clancy and of course Whisenhunt is almost as important as keeping Warner. Todd Haley is for sure getting a head coaching job.

pawe
01-24-2009, 09:20 PM
^^^^...and give Q the contract he deserves.

J.T.
01-24-2009, 11:41 PM
Polamalu is an overratted bitch who's going to be on the wrong end of Larry Fitzgerald's Super Bowl MVP performance. Honorable mention to Ike Taylor.

J.T.
01-24-2009, 11:42 PM
"Matt Leinart, Super Bowl champion"

Ugh.

monosylab1k
01-25-2009, 12:09 AM

Ugh.

yeah but that's like the idiots calling Tim Tebow a 2-time National Champion QB.

bostonguy
01-25-2009, 12:58 AM

Ugh.

If Leinart hadnt of sucked this badly, the Cardinals wouldnt have made it this far. His sucking led to the return of Kurt Warner. :lmao

J.T.
01-25-2009, 03:21 AM
yeah but that's like the idiots calling Tim Tebow a 2-time National Champion QB.

You shut your whore mouth. Holding that clipboard is serious business. Maybe if Tom Brady could stop getting upstaged by the Manning family in the playoffs, Matt Cassel could join the pantheon of clipboard holding backup QBs with rings.

Jim Sorgi > Matt Cassel

Prove me wrong.

J.T.
01-25-2009, 03:24 AM
Prove me wrong.

In before "Rex Grossman, Super Bowl XLI MVP"

Black
01-25-2009, 09:50 AM

What the fuck man? Fuck you. Theres no reason for that comment.

BillsCarnage
01-25-2009, 05:09 PM
I am still shocked the Cardinals beat the Eagles. Except for the 3rd Quarter, they handled the blitzes by the Eagles fairly well. More importantly, Warner drove them down for the game winning touchdown against a very tough Philly defense in the 4th quarter. Asante Samuels didn't look healthy but it probably didn't matter because Fitzgerald is playing at an incredible level right now.
I'm more surprised the Eagles were able to get back in it. Take out that 3rd quarter and start of the 4th and the Cards have pretty much dominated in the PO's

- Jumped out quick on ATL, stumbled and then went up 30-17 in the second half
- Blitzed the Pantys, nuff said.
- Dominated the feagles and were up 24-6 at the half. Won the game on a 7min drive.

I think the Steelers win but I want to see a good game so I hope it's close. The Steelers 3-4 scheme with Polamalu causes so much pre snap havoc, it's gotta be difficult to prepare for in practice. Granted, Warner has two weeks to prepare but he hasn't this Steeler defense during the regular season like he did Philly and Carolina. Warner not only has to worry about what Polamalu is doing but he better keep track of where Harrison and Woodley is at all times.
There's a lot made about the Steelers D and rightfully so, but honestly they had Cincy, Cleveland and Baltimore in their division.. Not exactly offensive juggernauts.

Also, Ike Taylor is 6'2. He matches up better with Larry Fitzgerald. Asante Samuels and Sheldon Brown were only 5'10. And with Polamalu helping over the top, I think they can slow him down. Boldin will be a tougher matchup for Pittsburgh, if he's healthy. He will probably see a lot of one on one in man coverage with the way Fitzgerald is dominating.
Taylor may be the first player to go up against Fitz that is equal in him in size. However, Ike generally plays on the right side where as the Cards usually line Fitz up on the left. So Taylor will be out of position if he's covering Fitz somewhat.

BTW, I just picked up my Super Bowl Tix from the Cards!!!!
BOO YA!!!!!!!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-25-2009, 05:34 PM
If Leinart hadnt of sucked this badly, the Cardinals wouldnt have made it this far. His sucking led to the return of Kurt Warner. :lmao

Completely dude, if the Cardinals win Nnamdi Asomugha should get a ring for intercepting Leinart twice in the pre season to make sure Warner gets the job.

JudynTX
01-26-2009, 09:42 AM
This shitty game isn't over yet?

alltimerusherE.Smith
01-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Completely dude, if the Cardinals win Nnamdi Asomugha should get a ring for intercepting Leinart twice in the pre season to make sure Warner gets the job.

The Phili defense should get one for choking and putting the Cards in the Superbowl

stretch
01-26-2009, 10:20 AM
hi mbarber24

DBryant88
01-26-2009, 10:29 AM
hi mbarber24

wats up? i was just being taken over by my alter ego

kinda like a werewolf but it just happens randomly

but im all better now

stretch
01-26-2009, 10:37 AM
really? amazing.

DBryant88
01-26-2009, 10:42 AM
really? amazing.

like in van helsing my skin rips off my body as i grow and i get huge teeth and claws and i kill people

then i transform back into myself and i do kate beckinsale

BUMP
01-26-2009, 11:33 AM
The Phili defense should get one for choking and putting the Cards in the Superbowl

wtf? i got into this account once but not anymore

mytespurs
01-26-2009, 02:19 PM
So is everyone getting excited for the big game? I'm not quite that excited yet but it's still early.

I like Arizona to win though I'll be rooting for Pittsburgh. Arizona is playing well on all cylinders. As for the Steelers, I'm concerned about their offensive output and Hines Ward's status. I thought he was one reason the Steelers offense went stagnant in the afc championship game; the stout Ravens defense being a major reason a well. :)

J.T.
01-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Arizona has that 2006 Colts mojo working for them.... they'll seal the deal. Can't see how any SpursTalk NFL fan is pulling for Pitts knowing the enormous amount of bullshit that beefanus will unleash on this forum if they win.

Hopefully when the Cardinals win the Super Bowl, he has a bigger meltdown than mono did last year. Maybe his friends will tape him crying and put the video on YouTube.

Dr. Gonzo
01-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Mono's meltdown was epic.

J.T.
01-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Mono's meltdown was epic.

I particularly enjoyed how he put 50 epic fail images in his signature.

You know, before we had those scrollbox things for the sigs.

stretch
01-26-2009, 02:54 PM
beefanus is a fag

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-28-2009, 02:00 AM
beefanus is a fag

probably why his profile name is beefanus.

samikeyp
01-28-2009, 07:43 AM

No way! Matt Leinart was the greatest rookie QB named Matt who played for the Cardinals since they moved to Arizona EVER!!

[/johngateswhiteley]

DBryant88
01-28-2009, 09:50 AM
wtf? i got into this account once but not anymore

i changed the password

and beefanus is indeed a fag

florige
01-28-2009, 10:20 AM
So is everyone getting excited for the big game? I'm not quite that excited yet but it's still early.

I like Arizona to win though I'll be rooting for Pittsburgh. Arizona is playing well on all cylinders. As for the Steelers, I'm concerned about their offensive output and Hines Ward's status. I thought he was one reason the Steelers offense went stagnant in the afc championship game; the stout Ravens defense being a major reason a well. :)

Me being a Ravens fan I'm kinda bummed that we got so close and are not there. I will watch it, but I could really care less who wins.

stretch
01-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Me being a Ravens fan I'm kinda bummed that we got so close and are not there. I will watch it, but I could really care less who wins.

what? how? i would have thought you'd be rooting hardcore against the pittsburgh dickfaces.

dickface
01-28-2009, 11:36 PM
what? how? i would have thought you'd be rooting hardcore against the pittsburgh dickfaces.

the steelers are too gay to be honored with my name. call them the pittsburgh pussyfaces. or faggots. either one.

florige
01-29-2009, 08:45 AM

idk man. I re-watched that game (-the 4th qtr, I couldn't stomach watching that again) and we didn't deserve to win that damn game. We went with that dumbass play calling again. Actually if it weren't for some dropped passes by the Steelers that game wouldn't had been as close as it was in the 4th quarter. I do think if we had lucked out a win in the 4th qtr, we would have gotten pulverized by the Cardinals. I think Warner would had picked us apart. I don't really hate the Steelers all that much, I mean you really can't even consider it a rivalry when they managed to beat our ass three times in one season. That being said though, I cannot stand looking at that jerkoff Tomlin walking around the sidelines. Like it or not, this is still pretty much Cowher's Steelers. He just has this arrogant look to him that gets on my nerves.

CubanMustGo
01-29-2009, 10:00 AM
The Steelers have been there before, this is uncharted territory for the Cards and they'll have had two weeks to think about it. Unless there's some huge momentum-changing play in the Cards' favor early, I like the Steelers by 2 TDs or more.

And I don't like the Steelers.

leemajors
01-31-2009, 01:43 AM
jesus i hope hoge gets wasted the night after the super bowl and arrested for exposing himself in public. we get it, you like the steel and you used to play for them.

slayermin
01-31-2009, 06:06 AM
I've never heard of DJ Gallo but he ranks the 2008 Steelers defense as the 3rd best all time, right behind the '85 Bears and the '76 Steelers.

They're good but not that good. I think the 2002 Bucs deserve some love on that list.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/081215&sportCat=nfl

Thunder Dan
01-31-2009, 12:02 PM
I could give a shit about this game- I'd rather watch the Thunder take on the Clippers

pawe
02-01-2009, 01:55 AM
The Steelers have been there before, this is uncharted territory for the Cards and they'll have had two weeks to think about it. Unless there's some huge momentum-changing play in the Cards' favor early, I like the Steelers by 2 TDs or more.

And I don't like the Steelers.

That's why the Cards are dangerous. Ignorance is bliss.
Cardinals 30
Steelers 14

KILL EM!!!

Michi_Germany
02-01-2009, 09:12 AM
Cardinals 21
Steelers 14

Cant_Be_Faded
02-01-2009, 02:36 PM
21 17 Steelers.

Pittsburgh is going to bring the PAIN.

stretch
02-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Cardinals 31

Steelers 17

monosylab1k
02-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Cardinals 17
Patriots 14

IronMexican
02-01-2009, 02:56 PM
The Cardinals are only going to score 17 points? Hehehe, ok.

monosylab1k
02-01-2009, 03:03 PM
The Cardinals are only going to score 17 points? Hehehe, ok.

peewee's lovechild
02-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Steelers 35
Cardinals 21

Pistons < Spurs
02-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Cards: 31-24

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Go Cardinals!!! Tweet Tweet Tweet!!!!

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Hudson knocked it out the park!!!!!!!!!!

CubanMustGo
02-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Hudson knocked it out the park!!!!!!!!!!

+1

And the first bet was just paid out: the over on the length of the anthem (1:55)

IceColdBrewski
02-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Steelers by at least 2 TD's

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Steelers by at least 2 TD's

we shall see

Spurtacus
02-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Wow. Nice drive by the Steelers.

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Wow. Nice drive by the Steelers.

they made it look a bit too easy...Cardinals need to slap themselves and wake up.

Pistons < Spurs
02-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Nice challenge!

Spurtacus
02-01-2009, 06:43 PM
I would have gone for it. Pussies kick a FG one foot away.

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 06:43 PM
wow...can't believe they overturned the TD!

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 06:44 PM
i thought the Cards were crazy to blow a challenge on that....shows what i know

J.T.
02-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Eat shit Steelers. The refs ain't helping you this year.

CubanMustGo
02-01-2009, 06:46 PM
They might also have overturned it because the OL dragged Big Ben into the end zone, something which is illegal (but rarely called).

Spurtacus
02-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Penalty is going to kill Cards first drive.

CubanMustGo
02-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Geez. Brilliant offensive series by the Cards.

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 06:51 PM
They might also have overturned it because the OL dragged Big Ben into the end zone, something which is illegal (but rarely called).

I was wondering about that. Are you sure that's illegal?

CubanMustGo
02-01-2009, 06:53 PM
I was wondering about that. Are you sure that's illegal?

It's called "helping the runner." 10 yards.

Spurtacus
02-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Cromartie saves a TD.

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Cromartie saves a TD.

that was a helluva recovery

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 06:57 PM
OMG! Can't believe Roth got that off

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Cards' D looking weak.

Spurtacus
02-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Memo to cards: tackling is required.

CubanMustGo
02-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Looks like the Cards that played the Patriots so far.

Spurtacus
02-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Cards need to answer here.

J.T.
02-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Edge just juked the fuck out of Polamalu.

Pistons < Spurs
02-01-2009, 07:21 PM
WooooHooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CubanMustGo
Ben Patrick for the TD? OMFG!

Spurtacus
Fucking great answer by the Cards. Big Baby Boldin comes through with a huge catch and run.

J.T.
02-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Eat shit, Ben Roflsburger. That's how you fix a broken play mother fucker!

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Yeah, Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Two great throws in a row from the Super Bowl MVP!

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Great recovery by Warner, great catch by Patrick.

CubanMustGo
02-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Now play some D, Cardinals.

Spurtacus
02-01-2009, 07:27 PM
This Cromartie kid is pretty damn good.

IronMexican
02-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Prove me wrong, Cards.

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 07:28 PM
This Cromartie kid is pretty damn good.

he sure is coming up big today

Spurtacus
02-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Finally a stop.

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 07:31 PM
nice return!

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 07:31 PM
let's go, Cardinals!!!

CubanMustGo
02-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Nice return. Breaston has sure come a long way since the first of the season.

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 07:32 PM
this game is going quick. can't believe it's almost the half.

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 07:34 PM
can't believe Fitzgerald hasn't caught a pass yet. :(

Spurtacus
02-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Looks like another penalty will kill a Cards drive.

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 07:36 PM
bomb!!!

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 07:37 PM
not

Whisky Dog
02-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Nice game so far

Pistons < Spurs
02-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Hell yes motherfockers!!!!!

J.T.
02-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Ben Roflsburger trying to one up his previous Super Bowl stat line.

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 07:44 PM
let's go, Cards!!

Spurtacus
02-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Gots to convert on the turnover!

Pistons < Spurs
02-01-2009, 07:46 PM
First Down!!!!!!

Spurtacus
02-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Cant' go into the locker room with a FG.

Pistons < Spurs
02-01-2009, 07:50 PM
gotta get a TD!!!

MannyIsGod
02-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Such a great game so far.

MannyIsGod
02-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Holy Shit

resistanze
02-01-2009, 07:52 PM

Pistons < Spurs
Omfg.

Kriz-Maxima
wow!

Spurtacus
02-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Shit. I hope that isn't a TD. Please review it

Pistons < Spurs
02-01-2009, 07:53 PM
That may not be a TD......

please football Gods..... let him be down before the ball crossed the plain

CubanMustGo
02-01-2009, 07:54 PM
They're not going to overrule 2 Steeler TDs. He landed on top of the Cards player so not down.

IceColdBrewski
02-01-2009, 07:56 PM
It was a TD. Barely.

Spurtacus
02-01-2009, 07:56 PM
That play has to go down as one of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history.

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 07:57 PM
The Cardinals deserve to lose. How many tackles did they miss on that return?

MannyIsGod
02-01-2009, 07:58 PM
That play has to go down as one of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history.

Without a doubt - look at it again and pay attention to all the blocking by the Steelers. It was REALLY fucking good.

IronMexican
02-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Fuck.

J.T.
02-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Fuck that bullshit...should've just ran a quick run play and kicked a firedrill FG if they didn't get in.

IronMexican
02-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Now get ready for the beat down. Steelers will come back even stronger in the second half. I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see it. Catch you guys after the game.

Winehole23
02-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Ouch. That's a gut punch.

Red team is down but not out.

Go Cards!

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 08:03 PM
There's another half to be played. Anyone who counts the Cards out is a quitter and a pussy.

Spurtacus
02-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Now get ready for the beat down. Steelers will come back even stronger in the second half. I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see it. Catch you guys after the game.

If Cards can't stop the run, its over.

MannyIsGod
02-01-2009, 08:05 PM
The Cards are doing fine. Warner is like Farve in the respect that he'll get you points, but he'll also cost you points.

IceColdBrewski

That's exactly what I expected in this game. Cardinals keep it close for the first half, Pittsburgh pulls away in the 3rd and sits on the lead in the 4th. I'm happy as long as the Steelers cover the spread. :greedy

MannyIsGod

If the Cards don't score more points than the Steelers its over. Wow do you see what I did there?

peskypesky

:rolleyes

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 08:06 PM
If Fitzgerald catches fire, Steelers lose.

Pistons < Spurs
02-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Good Lord .... please help me get past this horrific 12 minutes of Bruce.....

MannyIsGod
02-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Mute button ftw

Good Lord .... please help me get past this horrific 12 minutes of Bruce.....

Whisky Dog
02-01-2009, 08:15 PM
When is Buckethead going to do a halftime Superbowl show?

The good thing about this one is it gave me the opportunity to clean up so I don't have to after the game.

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 08:20 PM
The Boss!!

IronMexican
02-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Bruce Spri.gsteen is no Barry Manilow.

IronMexican
02-01-2009, 08:24 PM
I love this Carls JR commercial. Tig Bitties!

CubanMustGo
02-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Incomplete forward pass. Please.

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 08:37 PM
The commercials this year suck big donkey d-ck.

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 08:41 PM
can't wait til those Clydesdales are made into dog food

CubanMustGo
02-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Bullshit roughing the passer call.

He was also still inside the tackles, where was the grounding call??

MannyIsGod
Shitty call

Pistons < Spurs
BS roughing the passer call.

IronMexican
The unravelling begins for Arizona.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-01-2009, 08:52 PM
No such thing as a intentional grounding in this game i suppose

CubanMustGo
02-01-2009, 08:54 PM
These fucking refs are cocksucking Pittsburgh tonight.

IronMexican
02-01-2009, 08:55 PM
What are they doing to themselves? The Cards are doing the opposite of what they were doing in the first 3 games

crc21209
02-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Fuck this bullshit this is rigged.

Pistons < Spurs
02-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Almost had that one ... crap.

Kriz-Maxima
02-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Great D by Arizona.

Pistons < Spurs
02-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Zona D doing pretty damn good .... other than some untimely penalties

CubanMustGo
02-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Zona D doing pretty damn good .... other than some untimely penalties

Red zone defense has been great, but they have to start getting quick stops from here on out.

Pistons < Spurs
02-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Not looking good for Zona.

Playing way too conservative. No way in hell Fitz should just have one catch through 3 qtrs.

CubanMustGo
02-01-2009, 09:14 PM
The NFL has to build the Stealer legend. This is so obvious it's not even funny.

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Not looking good for Zona.

Playing way too conservative. No way in hell Fitz should just have one catch through 3 qtrs.

Yep. The ONLY way they were gonna beat Pittsburgh was through passing, and passing long.

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 09:16 PM
The NFL has to build the Stealer legend. This is so obvious it's not even funny.

So that's why they overturned Roth's TD in the first quarter?

weebo
02-01-2009, 09:20 PM
fuck ya

Pistons < Spurs
02-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Love the decision to go no huddle. Finally seeing the passing game come alive.

weebo
02-01-2009, 09:24 PM
good things happen when fitz gets the ball

Pistons < Spurs
02-01-2009, 09:26 PM
We got a ball game again!

Go Cards!

CubanMustGo
02-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Why weren't they doing the 4WR thing all game? So frustrating that they have gone away from what they've done all year so far ... now the D needs a stop.

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 09:27 PM
We have a game, Houston.

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 09:28 PM
it freakin PISSES me off that the Cards wait til the 4th quarter to start throwing to Fitzgerald. arghhhhhhhhhhh!

J.T.
02-01-2009, 09:28 PM
If Larry Fitz gets a GW TD, he will become Red Jesus.

weebo
02-01-2009, 09:29 PM
it freakin PISSES me off that the Cards wait til the 4th quarter to start throwing to Fitzgerald. arghhhhhhhhhhh!

I think the steelers defense had something to do with it.

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 09:29 PM
that was an amazing catch by Fitz

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Sack!!

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Cards gotta get a stop here!

Pistons < Spurs
02-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Yes....huge stop!!! Gotta punt!

Looking for Breaston to get them some nice yardage!

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 09:32 PM
yes!! cards get the ball back with the chance to take the lead....

MannyIsGod
02-01-2009, 09:37 PM
This game is so damn good right now

Pistons < Spurs
02-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Go Breaston!!!

May be leaving too much time on the clock though....

CubanMustGo
02-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Warner needs to look away from his primary receiver.

Pistons < Spurs
02-01-2009, 09:41 PM
jeez......

I think they have to go for it.

If they fail to get a first, they're leaving Pitt at the 35...

but looks like they punt ...... and keep it at the 2

WTF Harrison???????????????????

Pistons < Spurs
02-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Safety.......?

challenge?

resistanze
02-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Should be a safety...

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 09:44 PM
this game is getting wild!

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
A safety would be the worst thing for the cardinals right now

Pistons < Spurs
Nice throw ... nice catch.

peskypesky
ball game

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 09:45 PM
i spoke too soon

Pistons < Spurs
Yes!!!! SAFETY!!!!!!!!

peskypesky
this game is freaking me out!!

MannyIsGod
JESUS!!! What a game - go cardinals!!!

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
not any more... .but cards still need a touchdown and are going to have worse field position than if they stopped them at the 1

J.T.
02-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Eat shit, Steelers. Eat it.

Pistons < Spurs
02-01-2009, 09:46 PM
A safety would be the worst thing for the cardinals right now

???How So?

edit:

not any more... .but cards still need a touchdown and are going to have worse field position than if they stopped them at the 1

Ok.. I see where your coming from. But I'll take the safety!

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 09:47 PM

yeah, in a way getting the safety was not a good thing for them

resistanze
02-01-2009, 09:48 PM
YEs!!!!!!!!!!

Kriz-Maxima
again...wow!

MannyIsGod
FITZGERALD!!! Dude!!!

Pistons < Spurs
Yes! TOUCHFUCKINGDOWNMOTHERFUCKERS

Pistons < Spurs
Alot of time left.......

weebo
good things happen when fitz gets the ball.

J.T.
Me right before that last drive: "Bomb to Fitz for the win"

:toast

CubanMustGo
02-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Thanks to Pit for bringing all the DBs up to the line on that play.

J.T.
02-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Alot of time left.......

This is also the easiest situation for a defense to get an interception... and Roflsburger is the perfect QB to deliver one.

peskypesky
02-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Larry Fitzgerald!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reck
Steelers are pathetic.

Let their emotions get their better halfs of themselves.

peskypesky
Cardinals Can Win This!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pistons < Spurs
02-01-2009, 09:51 PM
http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/d-fence_ElliotSchecter.jpg http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/d-fence_ElliotSchecter.jpg http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/d-fence_ElliotSchecter.jpg